Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,899 members, 7,814,042 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

Can You Marry a Human Clone? (lab produced) - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Marry a Human Clone? (lab produced) (4367 Views)

My Girlfriend Wants To Pay Me Off And Marry A Richer Man / Would You Marry a Single Parent? / Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Marry a Human Clone? (lab produced) by nferyn(m): 1:28pm On Oct 21, 2005
@holyghost

I truly hope you will go through the sources I provided, so that we can continue our discussion.

btw, you were going to make some shocking revelations, has the time come already to reveal?
Re: Can You Marry a Human Clone? (lab produced) by nferyn(m): 1:36pm On Oct 21, 2005
goodguy:

This is totally different from getting married to one. That's if your fact is even real at all. Selective breeding does not mean the offsprings are created by men. It is still the handi work of the animals involved.

Which fact? That our domestic animals were created through selective breeding? Plenty of evidence for that.

In fact, I freely offered some knowledge on this topic in the package of an audiobook (in which, to my surprise, nobody seemed to be interested)

the offfer is still open, see topic:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-2173.0.html

PM me if interested
Re: Can You Marry a Human Clone? (lab produced) by Greatpeter(m): 5:28pm On Oct 21, 2005
This pm me of a thing is a violation of this forum's rules.

Take note.
Re: Can You Marry a Human Clone? (lab produced) by goodguy(m): 6:43pm On Oct 21, 2005
@GP, when did Seun hand over to you? rolleyes

@nferyn, i wasnt talking abt that. I meant, the fact that animals are created by man through selective breeding.
That's what I'm against.

WesleyanA:

i'm neutral in this case of whether producing human clones is right or wrong but if you asked me if i could marry one, i'll say "yes" because the opposite of that will make me no worse than a racist.
they're humans and you really wouldn't even be able to tell if they were clones or not unless they told you. what if you never find out you married a clone?
@wesley,
1. Pls define racism.
2. The Original poster made us know that "if you were told that he is a clone, would u still go for him?

How on earth should you get married to something not created by God.?

It's been said though that in the end time, weird things will begin to occur. grin I guess this is one of the weird things.
Re: Can You Marry a Human Clone? (lab produced) by WesleyanA(f): 10:29pm On Oct 21, 2005
goodguy:

@GP, when did Seun hand over to you? rolleyes

@nferyn, i wasnt talking about that. I meant, the fact that animals are created by man through selective breeding.
That's what I'm against.
@wesley,
1. Please define racism.
2. The Original poster made us know that "if you were told that he is a clone, would u still go for him?

How on earth should you get married to something not created by God.?

It's been said though that in the end time, weird things will begin to occur. grin I guess this is one of the weird things.

goodguy, i know where you're coming from. But the fact is, this world is changing. i know it can be good to be conservative some times but no to the extent that you have to act amish.
how on earth should you get married to something not created by God?
i really don't get that question!. 
do you mean God  really didn't create everything on earth?  wink

it's not like man says abracadabra and the clone appears,
cells are taken from the mother clone and left to grow into a real sized human. (just as "eve was taken out of adam"  rolleyes)
same goes in the natural process. cells multiply to become you!.

you can't have the natural process all the time because if we did, we would be going out in the fields, putting our mouths to the ground to start eating.
we make the food ourselves (processed food (labfactory produced)instead. we get the resources from nature of course.

and to the racism point.
i never said it was racism. i only said "it's no worse than racism" (discriminating against someone and/or claiming superiority over another race based on biological differences such as skin color e.t.c)
if you think clones are bad and blah blah. what would make you want to be friends with or act friendly to one when you find out (mind you, you can't tell if an individual is a clone just by looking because they're perfectly human. they came from humans and have ability to reproduce just as humans do!) he/she is one.

i still feel twins are a form of cloning (except it's natural most of the time) because it started as one cell that divides in two and multiply form there. that's sort of what the procedure is for creating a clone too. just take a cell (not just any cell though) and let
it multiply.

and yes i would marry one because we are no different form each other. just like saying will you marry a muslim?
what if you married one and found out only after you've had three kids together? what would you do, commit sucide?

animals were created by man through selective breeding. yes.
as i said earlier, cells are taken from the mother clone and left to grow into a baby clone.
the process of selective breeding is different but not any different from what you're trying to avoid "lab produced animals".. . you take out cells from one breed, take some  from a member of the same breed ( sex cells obviously) and go on form there (in the lab).
Re: Can You Marry a Human Clone? (lab produced) by goodguy(m): 11:58am On Oct 22, 2005
from ur comments on clones so far, u are talking like these clones exist already. This topic is based on assumptions, nothing more.
Re: Can You Marry a Human Clone? (lab produced) by nferyn(m): 12:46pm On Oct 22, 2005
goodguy:

from your comments on clones so far, u are talking like these clones exist already. This topic is based on assumptions, nothing more.

It is a procedure that is used on animals, with limited success. No one has tried it on humans yet, but someone probably will, once the procedure is perfected.
I hope not, because I see little benefit in it

But assuming there were mature clones, there is nothing different between them and ordinary humans. It's bigotry to claim otherwise
Re: Can You Marry a Human Clone? (lab produced) by WesleyanA(f): 9:29pm On Oct 22, 2005
there are animal clones. the first was a sheep (dolly) i think she died or so.
i don't think there have been any real human clones yet.
Re: Can You Marry a Human Clone? (lab produced) by goodguy(m): 6:44pm On Oct 23, 2005
we all know that.

And what do u mean by "I think"? Of course there are no human clones yet!
Re: Can You Marry a Human Clone? (lab produced) by allonym: 11:33pm On Oct 23, 2005
yep, I could marry a human clone.

Unfortunately, most people here are misusing the word. A clone by definition is an exact replica. However, ALL animal life that has ever been cloned - has never been an exact replica of the original - at least not physically. So, while a person may be a clone, they will not necessarily be identical to the original. In fact, they can never be identical unless we are able to create full grown humans and give them the exact memories of the original person. Since "clones" start off as babies and grow up just like everyone else, they will form their own personalities, etc. In fact, there is little difference between a clone, a testtube baby, and YOU.

So, technically, everyone here was formed the same way any clone would be. The only difference is that instead of using a sperm and an egg, scientists will use other genetic material. It seems idiotic to me for anyone to argue that "clones" will be in any way different from other human beings.
Re: Can You Marry a Human Clone? (lab produced) by Greatpeter(m): 12:00am On Oct 24, 2005
Techno allonym I will be following your post now.
Interesting, you can marry a clone I love that.
You're what you are and you go for it.
U're different from those who play hide and seek games.
Weldone jare!
Re: Can You Marry a Human Clone? (lab produced) by WesleyanA(f): 12:32am On Oct 24, 2005
deja vu cheesy creepy
Re: Can You Marry a Human Clone? (lab produced) by Oracle(m): 4:03am On Oct 27, 2005
men im original a clone's fake
so we cant merge
and if we merge i wonder what kind of
kids we'll produce rolleyes rolleyes
Re: Can You Marry a Human Clone? (lab produced) by WesleyanA(f): 4:03am On Oct 27, 2005
nice poem smiley
Re: Can You Marry a Human Clone? (lab produced) by Greatpeter(m): 10:57pm On Oct 27, 2005
Back to the topic, can you marrya human clone?

No I can't.
Reason: It will look artificial to me and won't excite me. grin
Re: Can You Marry a Human Clone? (lab produced) by WesleyanA(f): 11:01pm On Oct 27, 2005
clones are human beings. you can't tell they are clones unless they tell you. they're humans not robots  undecided
the only thing is that they look exactly like the mother clone and have the same genetics with her even though they're not twins becuase of the age difference.
Re: Can You Marry a Human Clone? (lab produced) by allonym: 3:24am On Oct 28, 2005
clones will not necessarily be identical
Re: Can You Marry a Human Clone? (lab produced) by creamdream: 1:08am On Sep 08, 2008
they dont exist, so my answer at best will be hypothetical making it unnecessary
Re: Can You Marry a Human Clone? (lab produced) by holyghost(m): 2:10pm On Sep 08, 2008
They exist, we have a clone of 27years old now go to goggle and read more,
what we want here is to tell us if you will marry them, while with religion in mind
as one is not allowed to marry bastard, non believer etc.

so tell us if your religious believe will make marry them or not
and if you will what will you say to make the religion aspect meanless

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Age Gap And Meeting Boyfriends' Mother For The First Time. / His New Girlfriend He Found On Nairaland Is A Hunch Back / How Will U Feel If Your Gf/wife Tells U Dis!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.