Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,409 members, 7,830,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

Am I Hurting Him? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Am I Hurting Him? (1000 Views)

How Do I Tell Him Without Hurting Him / How Do I Tell Him Widawt Hurting Him / To Reject A Suitor Without Hurting Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I Hurting Him? by callmeseun(f): 3:18pm On Feb 12, 2009
Am getting confuse with this word 'hurt' I am a kind of friendly likeable girl
and i have this male friend, who happens to like me very much
unfortunately i dnt even have anything for him, Am not going out with him
but he sees me as his girl, I do tell him often i cant date him but he keeps believing and feel bad wen i talk about it
Now he wants to take me out for Val and i already have a date
wat am i going to do?
Am I hurting him? am not dating him for crying out loud, [/center]
Re: Am I Hurting Him? by Lazzaro: 3:28pm On Feb 12, 2009
Please try to make him understand the fact that you currently maintain a relationship,if you really do, !
but maintain the frendship
Re: Am I Hurting Him? by kadet(m): 3:33pm On Feb 12, 2009
I think he should respect your feelings, from my own perspective you are not hurting him since u already told him your mind,i know it might not be easy for him but he should respect your say.[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Am I Hurting Him? by Magz(m): 4:25pm On Feb 12, 2009
Well you odviously gave him some reason to believe that there is some kinda chemistry. You are asking if you are hurting him, and I am sure you have a pretty good idea if you are or not. Are you playing games with the guy? Do you send mixed messages, make yourself seem interested in him, and give him undue attention only to then keep reminding him that you are not his girl? Are you a tease? Do you get a kick out of doing things to make the poor guy fall head over heels for you?

Basically, what is the real story??
Re: Am I Hurting Him? by romsky: 4:34pm On Feb 12, 2009
Magz has sum points there u myt av done tyns that were misleading but in no way should u form a relationship on sympathy
Re: Am I Hurting Him? by callmeseun(f): 4:38pm On Feb 12, 2009
Well you odviously gave him some reason to believe that there is some kinda chemistry. You are asking if you are hurting him, and I am sure you have a pretty good idea if you are or not. Are you playing games with the guy? Do you send mixed messages, make yourself seem interested in him, and give him undue attention only to then keep reminding him that you are not his girl? Are you a tease? Do you get a kick out of doing things to make the poor guy fall head over heels for you?

Basically, what is the real story?

Well,  he knew am not in a relationship cos am taking my time
so i guess he is believing i will end u dating him
for me no chemistry, we see often cos we work in the same building
and am not playing games am only trying to be mysef,
Re: Am I Hurting Him? by merge(f): 4:40pm On Feb 12, 2009
This is something simple.

If you don't like him, then you don't
Re: Am I Hurting Him? by romsky: 4:41pm On Feb 12, 2009
callmeseun:

Well, he knew am not in a relationship cos am taking my time
so i guess he is believing i will end u dating him

sit him down & av a heart to heart talk then
Re: Am I Hurting Him? by Nobody: 4:42pm On Feb 12, 2009
TELL HIM POINT BLANK THAT YOU ARE NOT HIS GIRL FRIEND.

You ladies are fond of talking with bot sides of your mouth.
one minute you are introducing him to your friends as your boy friend the next minute you are telling him you guys are just friends.

Girl please stop wasting that guys time, tell him your mind whole heartedly and let him move on
Re: Am I Hurting Him? by romsky: 4:57pm On Feb 12, 2009
dat is still part of d misleading stuff
Re: Am I Hurting Him? by callmeseun(f): 5:01pm On Feb 12, 2009
talknafree:

TELL HIM POINT BLANK THAT YOU ARE NOT HIS GIRL FRIEND.

You ladies are fond of talking with bot sides of your mouth.
one minute you are introducing him to your friends as your boy friend the next minute you are telling him you guys are just friends.

Girl please stop wasting that guys time, tell him your mind whole heartedly and let him move on

I do tell him often! he is on my neck, he just left my office tellin me we sud go home
though he do take me home, but i stopped that yesterday
just to show that he sud let me be
he is really on my neck, is it by force
it is just that he is such a nice guy, but i cant date him, so am feelin am hurtin an innocent guy
Re: Am I Hurting Him? by romsky: 5:06pm On Feb 12, 2009
neva luv cus of sympathy or emphathy
Re: Am I Hurting Him? by Magz(m): 5:43pm On Feb 12, 2009
callmeseun:

he just left my office tellin me we sud go home,

though he do take me home,

See what I mean?

I am not saying to date anyone out of sympathy or anything like that, But women often like to (conciously or subconciously, idk) play games with dude's hearts. I'm not even accusing you of this, but merely saying that you have to realy look at the whole situation. It sucks that you will lose a good friend in the process of hurting the guy's feelings, but so goes life, undecided
Re: Am I Hurting Him? by karlken(m): 5:54pm On Feb 12, 2009
Stop decieving yourself.You like this guy from the way you sound. grin grin
Re: Am I Hurting Him? by romsky: 6:02pm On Feb 12, 2009
one of dem is either in luv or lust
while the other has infatuation or likeness mistaken 4 luv
Re: Am I Hurting Him? by Tonyet1(m): 6:04pm On Feb 12, 2009
karl ken:

true

@poster,

i have been in ur shows b4 so i know
Re: Am I Hurting Him? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Feb 12, 2009
Magz:

See what I mean?

I am not saying to date anyone out of sympathy or anything like that, But women often like to (conciously or subconciously, idk) play games with dude's hearts. I'm not even accusing you of this, but merely saying that you have to realy look at the whole situation. It sucks that you will lose a good friend in the process of hurting the guy's feelings, but so goes life, undecided

Whatever is the matter with you The girl said the guy's a friend of hers, whats the big deal about hithching a ride home with him? Why does any string need to be attached to that?

If the guy's daft enough not to understand a 'no' when he hear it, then thats her problem not hers. If he really is her friend, then she wont lose him by refusinf to date him. If she does, the she's better off without him in the first place.

karl ken:

Of course she likes him, he's her friend. Why is it so difficult for guys to be just friends?? The guys happens to be close to her and helps her out from time to time . . she likes having him around but she obviously dosent want a r/ship with him. I dont think she's doing anything wrong here.

@ Poster, you are not hurting him jare, just dont make the mistake of dating him out of pity, becuase that when you'll really hurt him!!
Re: Am I Hurting Him? by Nautillus(m): 8:18pm On Feb 12, 2009
If this is the whole truth . . .then you've done nothing wrong
Re: Am I Hurting Him? by kcblast(m): 8:22pm On Feb 12, 2009
fhfghgg
Re: Am I Hurting Him? by dammit4u(m): 11:48pm On Feb 12, 2009
@poster you ar really fun, you told him u're not interested fine nd good but what body language ar you passin across cos your action speaks louder than voice if not why is your conscience judgin already?
Re: Am I Hurting Him? by callmeseun(f): 10:09am On Feb 13, 2009
Ujujoan:

Whatever is the matter with you The girl said the guy's a friend of hers, whats the big deal about hithching a ride home with him? Why does any string need to be attached to that?

If the guy's daft enough not to understand a 'no' when he hear it, then thats her problem not hers. If he really is her friend, then she wont lose him by refusinf to date him. If she does, the she's better off without him in the first place.

Of course she likes him, he's her friend. Why is it so difficult for guys to be just friends?? The guys happens to be close to her and helps her out from time to time . . she likes having him around but she obviously dosent want a r/ship with him. I dont think she's doing anything wrong here.

@ Poster, you are not hurting him jare, just dont make the mistake of dating him out of pity, becuase that when you'll really hurt him!!

U are such a darlin, is like u have been in my shoes before,
Is there any crime liking a friend but not for friendship
Guys sometimes behaves funny,
Must u all conclude in ur mind, relationship takes two dnt assume!
Re: Am I Hurting Him? by callmeseun(f): 10:30am On Feb 13, 2009
dammit_4u:

@poster you ar really fun, you told him u're not interested fine nd good but what body language ar you passin across cos your action speaks louder than voice if not why is your conscience judgin already?

Sometimes u guys see nice gesture and approach as a sin sometimes
i told u am a likeable person and there is no body language, just that everybody wants to date me grin i guess am hot cheesy
Re: Am I Hurting Him? by steve49ja(m): 11:12am On Feb 13, 2009
Its all your fault girl,
You just get too close to him when you know you aint gon date him,
If most men dont get the green light they dont come chasing,
There are things a friend does and there are things a likely girlfriend does,
and i think youve been acting like a girlfriend to him
and yes frequent refusal would hurt him

Space this guy a little make him understand you have someone even if you dont tell him you could hook him up with a friend of yours but you're already booked.

Dont spend too much time with this guy mostly alone and dont even go out to joints with him cos a guy wont spend for (that is if he spends for you) and you dont accept his proposal.

Define your friendship with guys who aint your boyfriend or who you're likely not to get into anything with.
Re: Am I Hurting Him? by pinkylady1(f): 11:17am On Feb 13, 2009
Of course she likes him, he's her friend. Why is it so difficult for guys to be just friends?? The guys happens to be close to her and helps her out from time to time . . she likes having him around but she obviously dosent want a r/ship with him. I dont think she's doing anything wrong here.[/i]

yea i've been in dis shoes b/4 don't y guys can't be mere friends with girl without wanting strings 2 b attached to it

@ Poster, you are not hurting him jare, just dont make the mistake of dating him out of pity, becuase that when you'll really hurt him!![i]

i gree with dis, u never date him out of pity cos it will not only hurt u'll end up hurting urself.
Re: Am I Hurting Him? by pinkylady1(f): 11:19am On Feb 13, 2009
Of course she likes him, he's her friend. Why is it so difficult for guys to be just friends?? The guys happens to be close to her and helps her out from time to time . .  she likes having him around but she obviously dosent want a r/ship with him. I dont think she's doing anything wrong here.[/i]

yea i've been in dis shoes b/4 don't y guys can't be mere friends with girl without wanting strings 2 b attached to it

@ Poster, you are not hurting him jare, just dont make the mistake of dating him out of pity, becuase that when you'll really hurt him!![i]

i gree with dis, u never date him out of pity cos it will not only hurt u'll end up hurting urself.
Re: Am I Hurting Him? by mekussa01: 12:54pm On Feb 13, 2009
It may be hard on him, but tell him the truth!!!!
Re: Am I Hurting Him? by Omolola1(f): 1:09pm On Feb 13, 2009
@ poster

no you're not
Re: Am I Hurting Him? by kcblast(m): 6:52pm On May 02, 2009
heeyyyyyaaaaaahhhhhhh embarassed cry i know how dat feels, u know wat?, call dis num so dat i will giv u d remedy:08065467676. night call accepted. kiss

(1) (Reply)

Immorality edging towards a gravy apex of societal decadence in Nigeria / Eee / Why Are Men Such Dogs?: Psychiatrist Reveals Why Men Cheat And Why Women Believe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.