Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,347 members, 7,829,880 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:03 PM

The Way Forward For Ndigbo In The Current Dispensation - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Way Forward For Ndigbo In The Current Dispensation (3914 Views)

Ohanaeze Sets Up Committee To Design Economic Blueprint For Ndigbo / Ndigbo In South-Africa Protests Against Fulani Attack In Enugu. / Judiciary Is Being Used As A Tool In The Current Dispensation! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Way Forward For Ndigbo In The Current Dispensation by stan241(m): 5:26pm On May 23, 2015
Desola:
Fucck indigbo mehn!
And this rant of yours relates with the post how exactly?

1 Like

Re: The Way Forward For Ndigbo In The Current Dispensation by stan241(m): 5:31pm On May 23, 2015
Nice salient points made by the op but i believe each tribe has to undergo that building bridges stuff and not just we Igbos.....our main problem to me is we keep playing the "victim" card we've kept playing for years now and its not yielding any positive gains politically, what we really need is a confab where all regions are equally represented and not that scam GEJ did that till today nothing and also i laugh when people scream referendum because a good number of Igbos I've come across both here in Lagos and in the east would rather remain "One" Nigeria than venture off to biafra, we really need to set our priorities right as a people and that starts with what the Obi of Onitsha said recently that we need to start bringing our investments home

3 Likes

Re: The Way Forward For Ndigbo In The Current Dispensation by ishiamu(m): 5:41pm On May 23, 2015
Desola:
Fucck indigbo mehn!

Are you really a female?

1 Like

Re: The Way Forward For Ndigbo In The Current Dispensation by Nobody: 5:45pm On May 23, 2015
Desola:
Fucck indigbo mehn!

hang all your rat race . cool
Re: The Way Forward For Ndigbo In The Current Dispensation by Nobody: 5:46pm On May 23, 2015
egift:
Often time, I had re-framed from certain discussions just to stay from the usual bigotry and supremacy battle I see here. But today I wish to lend a voice and help correct some of the misplaced conceptions that have been championed by those that felt they are more legitimate than others.

The relevance and place of Ndigbo in Nigeria is one that will never be wished away by even the most cynical minds. Like other major ethnic groups in Nigeria (the Hausas, Yorubas and Fulanis), the Igbos are among the pillars that make Nigeria what it is.

It is also my candid believe that none of these ethnic groups will either be able to pull away or exist alone and retain the powerful status that is possible for Nigeria. Therefore the irrelevant quest for an independent nationhood should be disabused and rather we should concentrate on what is useful and important to our people.

Consequently, the question now is what are the way forward. How Ndigbo can be more integrated in the affairs of the Nation for which we are an integral part of. While my list is not comprehensive, the following is my practical suggestions.

1. Self-Awareness And Realization
Ndigbo must fully realize our identity that Nigeria is our one and only country. And also accept we are not limited by anyone’s misconstrued understanding. We must know that like the birth of a child to the family, our citizenship as Nigerians does not limit what we can become as people and individuals. Nigeria is not a zoo as some miscreants will want to brainwash us to believe. Nigeria is our beloved country. We must help build it, make it better and be proud of Nigeria. Unless this is done, we may see ourselves continually treated as guests and strangers in our own country.

2. Preserve Our Heritage
Ndigbo as people, have a very historic and rich cultural heritage that narrates our evolution, transitions, genealogy, language, etc. A well-articulated effort must be made to preserve this heritage. The current efforts have not been enough. All our traditional institutions, States and Local Governments must be drafted to rebrand and promote the Igbo tradition. The challenges of the current effort are hampered because people organizing these events are in it for profit and not because of patriot quest to promote and celebrate the uniqueness and rich complexities of the Igbo traditions.

Also the Igbo Language must be taught at all levels to ensure it get wide usage. It breaks my heart hearing that pupils are punished for speaking Igbo in school. New lexicons must be included in Igbo Language to reflect the terms of the 21st century. Also events must be promoted to celebrate the Igbo language (like Igbo Quiz competitions, Igbo spelling competitions, Igbo Easy Competitions, Igbo Journalism, 24/7 Igbo Radio Stations, etc.)

3. Good Governance And Development Of The South East
Often we heap all the blame of underdevelopment at the centre, which end up giving the States and Local Governments a free pass. We must elect competent individuals in positions of power in Aligbo, to ensure we develop and that our people evolve better. The welfare of our people must be paramount. Those should not be allowed to loot, while the masses languishing in poverty. Nigbo must ensure that these official offer dividends of democracy to the people. Pressure group must be patriotic and desist from selfish tendencies. Those that failed to deliver must be called out.

4. Build Bridges And Love Our Fellow Citizens
Ndigbo must accept and embrace the Hausas, Yorubas, Fulanis, Ijaws, and the over 300 Nigeria ethnic groups as our brothers and fellow countrymen. We should learn from the past, but not allow it to becloud our judgment in how we relate with others. He who is focused in the past will fall into a pit in front of him. We must love our neighbors as ourselves. We have no other country than Nigeria.

5. Collaboration With The Centre
Ndigbo must be part of process and effects to build a better Nigeria. Calling for anarchy and arms against Nigeria will only hamper our prospects of development and keep us in perpetual confrontation with the rest of Nigeria.

Consequently, we must desist from senseless chest beating that is aimed at demeaning people from other parts of the country. We must treat and call others names in a manner we desire to be treated and addressed. Don’t keep silent from correcting others when they engage in activities that is detriment to the fortune of Ndigbo as true citizens of Nigerians.

Finally, I strongly believe in the Nigerian project. Division is dangerous and will bring destruction to lives, properties and the dignity of many across the divide. None of the current problems facing Nigeria will be solved by division alone. Rather we must make concentrated effort to build a better Nigerian that works for everyone.

As we step into a new dispensation in Nigeria’s history, we say no to Sons of Anarchy. And Yes to development, peace, unity and progress.

- Egift
This is a piece of trash keep it to yourself!! We want biafra that's all.

2 Likes

Re: The Way Forward For Ndigbo In The Current Dispensation by Nobody: 5:49pm On May 23, 2015
Eshinwaju:
nice write up.......most right thinking ibos think like this.....except some frustrated ones on NL.... cheesy
Nobody on NL is frustrated more than you that's the fact.
Re: The Way Forward For Ndigbo In The Current Dispensation by Super1Star: 5:50pm On May 23, 2015
Nice one eGift.

Of only the few deranged and myopic ones could reason.

2 Likes

Re: The Way Forward For Ndigbo In The Current Dispensation by Eshinwaju: 5:51pm On May 23, 2015
ekenedegreat:
Nobody on NL is frustrated more than you that's the fact.

now u see them.....shildrens of anger...... grin

1 Like

Re: The Way Forward For Ndigbo In The Current Dispensation by jorlons(m): 5:55pm On May 23, 2015
Lovely piece Op. Nigeria will remain one and her ill-wishers will live to witness it.
Re: The Way Forward For Ndigbo In The Current Dispensation by SOUNDKING: 5:58pm On May 23, 2015
egift:

Nice incoherent Rants. NEXT! grin grin grin grin
i think say Igbo people no important for Nigeria why una dey beg them nah, God bless Biafra. Nigeria is an unGodly nation as long as am concern the disintegration of Nigeria will wake many African regions.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Way Forward For Ndigbo In The Current Dispensation by Nobody: 5:59pm On May 23, 2015
Biafras season's is here deal with .

this biafras setting and strength is beyond amala brain .
Re: The Way Forward For Ndigbo In The Current Dispensation by SOUNDKING: 6:00pm On May 23, 2015
Chappie:

Peace means nothing without freedom and justice.. so eat your poo
simple.
Re: The Way Forward For Ndigbo In The Current Dispensation by Nobody: 6:03pm On May 23, 2015
stick hard with Nairaland write's up .

while real Biafrans are doing the real united nation code arrangements .

stick to your fungus moldy ofemmmanu window 97 key boards .

you will yell i am wrong at last .
Re: The Way Forward For Ndigbo In The Current Dispensation by Nobody: 6:09pm On May 23, 2015
egift:

Anyone that tell you that dividing Nigeria will be peaceful actually consider you not capable of reasoning. Peaceful division is not possible unless all the parties agree on division. There is no country in the world (Russia, China, US, Britain, France, etc) that will take up the task of dividing Nigeria. None. So don't hold your breath.

Nigeria will remain one.
Go and sleep becos no real biafran will adhere to your rubbish sermon. I don't understand especially the No 4 in that your article.

1 Like

Re: The Way Forward For Ndigbo In The Current Dispensation by Nobody: 6:14pm On May 23, 2015
Eshinwaju:

now u see them.....shildrens of anger...... grin
And you are among them!!

1 Like

Re: The Way Forward For Ndigbo In The Current Dispensation by Nobody: 6:15pm On May 23, 2015
BIAFRA

BIAFRA

BIAFRA

BIAFRA

BIAFRA
Re: The Way Forward For Ndigbo In The Current Dispensation by Nobody: 6:20pm On May 23, 2015
egift:

How many Centuries did the Scots waited? How many death was recorded? For me, we are better off developing our communities than plotting how to destroy it.

And more importantly, you can't be posturing as a visitor in your own home and expect other members of the household to keep treating you as equal stakeholder.

All the negative disposition from people like you will make it very difficult for other Nigerians to embrace you wholeheartedly. Nigeria is the one and only country of Ndigbo and we are not going elsewhere. Be proud and Patriotic citizen.

at least they died fighting for freedom

2 Likes

Re: The Way Forward For Ndigbo In The Current Dispensation by Eshinwaju: 6:29pm On May 23, 2015
ekenedegreat:
And you are among them!!

why don't u little piece of shiit .........get out of my face.....Mr Biafra..... cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Way Forward For Ndigbo In The Current Dispensation by Yeske2(m): 6:42pm On May 23, 2015
@egift nwannem, i really think educating some fools on why remaining in a greater Nigeria is purely a waste of time and resources. Ever since the clueless one lost the election, they all remembered Biafra and are ready to die for it.
Nigeria would remain strong and if you ain't happy about it, Benin Rep., Cameroon or even Niger Rep. are there for you to port to.

4 Likes

Re: The Way Forward For Ndigbo In The Current Dispensation by Nobody: 6:48pm On May 23, 2015
I should leave my ancestral land and relocate ?

get ready for all mother of war .

we are use to hard life already .

Nigeria this is not 1967 remember .
Re: The Way Forward For Ndigbo In The Current Dispensation by IGBOSON2: 7:04pm On May 23, 2015
You know you've said something wrong or sold your people short when even traditional Igbo haters are giving you congratulatory slaps on the back for a 'job well done'!

OP is a knobhead!

1 Like

Re: The Way Forward For Ndigbo In The Current Dispensation by Emekamex(m): 7:05pm On May 23, 2015
Desola:
Fucck indigbo mehn!

1 Like

Re: The Way Forward For Ndigbo In The Current Dispensation by Nobody: 7:39pm On May 23, 2015
Eshinwaju:

why don't u little piece of shiit .........get out of my face.....Mr Biafra..... cheesy
You are a BUFFOON!! See who is talking, useless yereba monkey.
Re: The Way Forward For Ndigbo In The Current Dispensation by egift(m): 8:02pm On May 23, 2015
Chappie:
at least they died fighting for freedom

And will you to be the first to die OR you are just waiting for some innocent individuals to get killed on your irrelevant quest? Why not hang yourself to prove you are ready die.

1 Like

Re: The Way Forward For Ndigbo In The Current Dispensation by Eshinwaju: 8:03pm On May 23, 2015
ekenedegreat:
You are a BUFFOON!! See who is talking, useless yereba monkey.

ok thanks.... Can u now enter ur ekene Dili Chukwudi back....to erosion land.....or cursed evil forests... grin.....

1 Like

Re: The Way Forward For Ndigbo In The Current Dispensation by egift(m): 8:08pm On May 23, 2015
ekenedegreat:
Go and sleep becos no real biafran will adhere to your rubbish sermon. I don't understand especially the No 4 in that your article.

If living in peace and unity with you fellow citizens defy your understanding then you have a bigger problem than you imagined.

2 Likes

Re: The Way Forward For Ndigbo In The Current Dispensation by egift(m): 8:12pm On May 23, 2015
SOUNDKING:
i think say Igbo people no important for Nigeria why una dey beg them nah, God bless Biafra. Nigeria is an unGodly nation as long as am concern the disintegration of Nigeria will wake many African regions.

You accuse Lord Lugard of making Nigeria a Forced Marriage BUT without blinking, you want to force SS and other Igbo men and women who do not want Biafra into another marriage of your design. You can keep up your delusions but don't forget you are not fooling anyone.

2 Likes

Re: The Way Forward For Ndigbo In The Current Dispensation by Nobody: 8:48pm On May 23, 2015
egift:

Are you will to be the first to die OR are you waiting for some innocent individuals to get killed on your irrelevant quest? Why not hang yourself to prove you are ready.
@ striked undefined words learn to correct your grammatical fellacy first before you qoute me.

but anyway i understand the grammatical blunder your commited there. (no pun intended grin)

not every soldiers comes back after a conquest, if i should die in a battle at least i died a free man and i died fighting.
i will rather die a free man than being a BUM LICKER

did mandela hang himself? undecided
Re: The Way Forward For Ndigbo In The Current Dispensation by egift(m): 8:55pm On May 23, 2015
Chappie:

@ striked undefined words learn to correct your grammatical fellacy first before you qoute me.

but anyway i understand the grammatical blunder your commited there. (no pun intended grin)

not every soldiers comes back after a conquest, if i should die in a battle at least i died a free man and i died fighting.

did mandela hanged himself? undecided

I am open to any quest that is geared towards the development and empowerment of Ndigbo. But any useless quest by hate mongers and Sons of Anarchy to put Ndigbo in harms way will be resisted to the later.

BTW, Nigeria will not be divided. Any lawlessness will be dealt with squarely.

2 Likes

Re: The Way Forward For Ndigbo In The Current Dispensation by Zeus777: 9:02pm On May 23, 2015
Very very interesting write up...spoke my inner most and sincere message to the igbos .
Re: The Way Forward For Ndigbo In The Current Dispensation by Nobody: 9:06pm On May 23, 2015
Chappie:

did mandela hanged himself? undecided

'Hang' not 'hanged' smiley...you're welcome smiley

2 Likes

Re: The Way Forward For Ndigbo In The Current Dispensation by Nobody: 9:13pm On May 23, 2015
egift:

I am open to any quest that is geared towards the development and empowerment of Ndigbo. But any useless quest by hate mongers and Sons of Anarchy to put Ndigbo in harms way will be resisted to the later.

BTW, Nigeria will not be divided. Any lawlessness will be dealt with squarely.
what are you ranting about?
you don't speak for all ndigbo, you have one vote, so speak for yourself. angry
if you enjoy living in bondage, that's none of my effing business. undecided

@ bolded cry me a river cry
wails of a lousy loser grin cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Must See! - Zimbabwe React To Deziani's Loot - Cramjones / Uproar As Dambazzau Appoints Northerners To Heads All Agencies In Interior Minis / Please, What Is Gov Ibikunle Amosun's Religion?

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.