Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,271 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

Buhari To Spend N4.1trillion From First Day As President – Oyegun - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari To Spend N4.1trillion From First Day As President – Oyegun (38350 Views)

Our Major Problem Is Ekweremadu, And Not Saraki- Oyegun / I Regret Convening Meeting Same Day Saraki, Ekweremadu Were Elected - Oyegun / Nigerian Senate Set To Spend N4.7b On 120 Toyota Land Cruisers For Saraki, Other (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari To Spend N4.1trillion From First Day As President – Oyegun by alsudaes1(m): 6:06pm On May 23, 2015
booqee:
I'm starting to find it annoying when party leaders now feel it is their right to tell presidents what to do or announce what they'll do.

Meanwhile it is a good thing that the incoming govt would be spending on sensible things..things that need immediate attention

what is "annoying" in it? the last time I checked, the President elect didn't contest as an independent candidate.
Re: Buhari To Spend N4.1trillion From First Day As President – Oyegun by baralatie(m): 6:11pm On May 23, 2015
Pavarottii:
We are in for a long ride. My conclusion is that Nigerians will reject their actions during the last election.
I just dey laugh...
Got a feeling that Nigerians will beg GEJ to come and govern them again.
Let's watch out how the 4 years plays out.
Is it the chairman of APC that will tell us about account. If they know they couldn't do the job, why did they fight tooth and nail for it. We don't need excuses, nobody forced u there. If u can't do it. GET THE HELL OUT oF THERE! But they won't because they want to steal.
If majority of Nigerians can be decieved by these cronies and their fake change.
Me I can't be decieved. They will suck us dry without doing anything. They are already telling us that projects will be stopped for now even before entering. And GEJ has been commissioning projects frm 2011 till date.
Sorry Nigerians, but the truth is that u will be shortchanged.
This is serious ONECHANCE.
Please let the opposition not sleep, to put this LIARS on check.
Re: Buhari To Spend N4.1trillion From First Day As President – Oyegun by rogerz: 6:13pm On May 23, 2015
BuhariMay29 cheesy Bbm 567EF710
Re: Buhari To Spend N4.1trillion From First Day As President – Oyegun by babestella: 6:19pm On May 23, 2015
teeowl:
How exactly did Jonathan get us in $60 billion debt?

This is the question that is begging for an answer, apparently APC will not give breakdown on this figures. They know their target audience are the kind that beleive bogus figures just to demonize the current administration. It's a pity. These people will not even ask their state governors how they spend their monthly federal allocations and IGR. Sad.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Spend N4.1trillion From First Day As President – Oyegun by Brightology2(m): 6:28pm On May 23, 2015
Taylor86:

my fellow PDP brother
sometimes i wonder if ur battery no dey die
ur in every thread
abeg chop naa, u no dey sleep
u no get babe
y u like nairaland pass office work
mumu boy
Re: Buhari To Spend N4.1trillion From First Day As President – Oyegun by synergycom19: 6:45pm On May 23, 2015
GEJ and his ministers should be arrested,on may 29,they should drop our money before traveling out.
Re: Buhari To Spend N4.1trillion From First Day As President – Oyegun by dragon2(m): 6:46pm On May 23, 2015
1. Nigeria foreign reserves. $28.8B

2. Nigeria foreign debt. $09.5B

3. Federal Government domestic debt of N7.421T

http://www.dmo.gov.ng/

www.fmf.gov.ng/the-media/speeches/127-clarifying-nigerias-debt-position.html

www.cenbank.org/Intops/Reserve.asp?MoveDate=5/23/2015%2010:26:18%20AM

EDIT.

3. Federal Government domestic debt of N8.5T
Re: Buhari To Spend N4.1trillion From First Day As President – Oyegun by juman(m): 6:55pm On May 23, 2015
You see!

Bit by bit this country got destroyed.

Can this country get it right?

It is difficult to say yes.

A country with all it potentials grounded on it's knees by the clueless, greedy and nothing good to do "leaders".

nigeria of today is not the nigeria where I was born. This is renew destroyed nigeria.
Re: Buhari To Spend N4.1trillion From First Day As President – Oyegun by afolajohn521(m): 6:56pm On May 23, 2015
Taylor86:
buhari should beta spend d money

especially here in rivers, all d debts Amaechi is owing is because of his campaign and health

dey should beta pay my dad d pension Amaechi hv been owing them for 7months

no b to go carry 4.1 trillion go breed new cows, import Chinese gworo kola-nut and buy foreign kwili kwili

carry the remaining money go buy kwaleh WEED for tinubu
Pls be more civic in ur comments
Re: Buhari To Spend N4.1trillion From First Day As President – Oyegun by sweetgimbo(m): 7:06pm On May 23, 2015
i pray make dis BULL AND RHI govt. get head
Re: Buhari To Spend N4.1trillion From First Day As President – Oyegun by denedene(m): 7:31pm On May 23, 2015
spend it but i expect the fulfilment of your campaign promise, this won't change anything undecided
Re: Buhari To Spend N4.1trillion From First Day As President – Oyegun by Proffdada: 7:46pm On May 23, 2015
. OBASANJO & YARADUA DID NOT
LEAVE ANY DEBT FOR NIGERIA BUT RATHER LEFT HUGE
SUMS OF MONEY AS NATIONAL RESERVE FOR NIGERIA.
JONATHAN (WHO IS NIGERIA'S GREATEST MISTAKE)
MISTAKENLY BECAME PRESIDENT ON MAY 2010 AND BY
MAY 2015,IT WAS DISCOVERED THAT JONATHAN HAS
ACCRUED A DEBT OF 60 BILLION U.S DOLLARS FOR
NIGERIA
$1 = N228
60 BILLION DOLLARS × 228 = 13.7 TRILLION NAIRA
(interest excluded)
IF NIGERIA PAYS BACK 5 BILLION NAIRA EVERY MONTH
13.7 TRILLION NAIRA DIVIDED BY 5 BILLION NAIRA = 2740
MONTHS
1 YEAR = 12 MONTHS
2740 MONTHS = 228 YEARS
IN OTHER WORDS,IT WILL TAKE NIGERIA AT LEAST 228
YEARS TO REPAY THE DEBT JONATHAN OWED (interest
excluded)
THIS CLEARLY MEANS THAT OUR CHILDREN,
GRANDCHILDREN,GREAT GRANDCHILDREN AND GREAT
GREAT GRANDCHILDREN WILL STILL PAY WHAT
JONATHAN OWED.
Now,who says JONATHAN is not BADLUCK?

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Spend N4.1trillion From First Day As President – Oyegun by Themandator: 7:49pm On May 23, 2015
olawalepopoola:

And yet some claimed PGEJ was the best thing to happen to Nigeria. 4.1 trillion naira debt! OMG! This is ridiculous. I am sure PMB is capable of tackling this.

That is paltry compared to the size of the economy but more importantly, the debts profile, according the statement, includes that of the states.

Your party must know that campaigns are done with, for now.... Selling this dummy of a debt won't get them far... None of those so called debt falls due for repayment in the next 20 years and none is from the Paris club... A commercial lender... Most are from the world Bank and her agencies that comes at concessionary rates or insignificant rates and moratorium.

The real issue is the reality of subsidy in a season of dwindling returns from crude export....

Subsidy... Total cost of imported product plus profit margin allowed less that is minus the official selling price of 77.66 at the Depot.... This is real but some old brained Nigeria shouted scam, then

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Spend N4.1trillion From First Day As President – Oyegun by deb(m): 8:06pm On May 23, 2015
Very inspirational words from the National Chairman.
Re: Buhari To Spend N4.1trillion From First Day As President – Oyegun by Rotimi47: 8:07pm On May 23, 2015
Taylor86:
buhari should beta spend d money

especially here in rivers, all d debts Amaechi is owing is because of his campaign and health

dey should beta pay my dad d pension Amaechi hv been owing them for 7months

no b to go carry 4.1 trillion go breed new cows, import Chinese gworo kola-nut and buy foreign kwili kwili

carry the remaining money go buy kwaleh WEED for tinubu
Amaechi is capable of paying but he choose to use the monies to pay state debt & leave wike to pay them since majority of Rivers people are sentimental & hereby not looking a the bright future, development is more than sentiment; let wait & see how you Rivers people behave when wike is 1 year in office & he doesn't have any relevant development project to show for the period.
Re: Buhari To Spend N4.1trillion From First Day As President – Oyegun by Nobody: 8:11pm On May 23, 2015
rawpadgin:
good!
i have not be paid for the past 3months

& the flimsy excuse my company is giving is that government have not paid dem

make i see the next excuse wen dem wan give
you guys didn't reg with IPPIS? If so, then that office must be ghost mode. IPPIS pays directly frm CBN without FG approval. Its an automatic pay system for civil servants.
Re: Buhari To Spend N4.1trillion From First Day As President – Oyegun by rawpadgin(m): 8:14pm On May 23, 2015
shadowgwalker:
you guys didn't reg with IPPIS? If so, then that office must be ghost mode. IPPIS pays directly frm CBN without FG approval. Its an automatic pay system for civil servants.
am not a civil servant.
my company have a contract with shell
Re: Buhari To Spend N4.1trillion From First Day As President – Oyegun by Kingspin(m): 8:17pm On May 23, 2015
I hope we dnt end up spending more than we earn in the name of taking action.
Re: Buhari To Spend N4.1trillion From First Day As President – Oyegun by egift(m): 8:18pm On May 23, 2015
luvinhubby:
I hope you are not encouraging the recklessness & financial irresponsibility of these governors?

The law-enforcement agencies are there to prosecute them if need be. But my comment is in support of any effort to ensure that ordinary Nigerian workers in 28 State of the Federation that currently owed, get their wages paid.
Re: Buhari To Spend N4.1trillion From First Day As President – Oyegun by Kingspin(m): 8:25pm On May 23, 2015
juman:
You see!

Bit by bit this country got destroyed.

Can this country get it right?

It is difficult to say yes.

A country with all it potentials grounded on it's knees by the clueless, greedy and nothing good to do "leaders".

nigeria of today is not the nigeria where I was born. This is renew destroyed nigeria.

We have 36 states and the capital Abuja sharing just one oil. Any time this country is serious u will know, we're still playing politics.
Re: Buhari To Spend N4.1trillion From First Day As President – Oyegun by Nobody: 8:31pm On May 23, 2015
rawpadgin:
am not a civil servant.
my company have a contract with shell
oh ok... I see, that means its from next month. I pray they must pay u guys ur arears too.
Re: Buhari To Spend N4.1trillion From First Day As President – Oyegun by rawpadgin(m): 8:33pm On May 23, 2015
shadowgwalker:
oh ok... I see, that means its from next month. I pray they must pay u guys ur arears too.
amen o my bro

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Spend N4.1trillion From First Day As President – Oyegun by juman(m): 8:34pm On May 23, 2015
Kingspin:
We have 36 states and the capital Abuja sharing just one oil. Any time this country is serious u will know, we're still playing politics.

We do not have real leaders.

One time agriculture was the main source of income in the country, but no serious minded leaders any more.

If oil price go down, this unserious country go down with it.

A country where many governors cannot pay their workers salaries.
Re: Buhari To Spend N4.1trillion From First Day As President – Oyegun by piagetskinner(m): 8:41pm On May 23, 2015
Diaris God o
Re: Buhari To Spend N4.1trillion From First Day As President – Oyegun by juman(m): 8:41pm On May 23, 2015
That N4.1 trillion suppose to be money needed to run a state not a country of 180 million people.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Spend N4.1trillion From First Day As President – Oyegun by Kingspin(m): 8:51pm On May 23, 2015
Proffdada:
. OBASANJO & YARADUA DID NOT
LEAVE ANY DEBT FOR NIGERIA BUT RATHER LEFT HUGE
SUMS OF MONEY AS NATIONAL RESERVE FOR NIGERIA.
JONATHAN (WHO IS NIGERIA'S GREATEST MISTAKE)
MISTAKENLY BECAME PRESIDENT ON MAY 2010 AND BY
MAY 2015,IT WAS DISCOVERED THAT JONATHAN HAS
ACCRUED A DEBT OF 60 BILLION U.S DOLLARS FOR
NIGERIA
$1 = N228
60 BILLION DOLLARS × 228 = 13.7 TRILLION NAIRA
(interest excluded)
IF NIGERIA PAYS BACK 5 BILLION NAIRA EVERY MONTH
13.7 TRILLION NAIRA DIVIDED BY 5 BILLION NAIRA = 2740
MONTHS
1 YEAR = 12 MONTHS
2740 MONTHS = 228 YEARS
IN OTHER WORDS,IT WILL TAKE NIGERIA AT LEAST 228
YEARS TO REPAY THE DEBT JONATHAN OWED (interest
excluded)
THIS CLEARLY MEANS THAT OUR CHILDREN,
GRANDCHILDREN,GREAT GRANDCHILDREN AND GREAT
GREAT GRANDCHILDREN WILL STILL PAY WHAT
JONATHAN OWED.
Now,who says JONATHAN is not BADLUCK?
What is the greatest mistake? Is there anything that happenend new? Anyone that took place is how we the people/politicians wants it Abeg! The country will be a grave yard whenever, the APC government start looting and stealing our national treasury without it been reported anywhere, like whats happening in the APC controlled states now. You c them appears like saints among others. Nigeria should be restructured in a way that everybody will be working for the country. One person cannot solve our problem we need a roundtable agreement. You cannot be ruling from Abuja, when the people in Delta, Benue or Niger states have not agree.
Re: Buhari To Spend N4.1trillion From First Day As President – Oyegun by Kingspin(m): 9:00pm On May 23, 2015
egift:

The law-enforcement agencies are there to prosecute them if need be. But my comment is in support of any effort to ensure that ordinary Nigerian workers in 28 State of the Federation that currently owed, get their wages paid.
Sharing oil money is that how the country will be run forever. The early the better o.
Re: Buhari To Spend N4.1trillion From First Day As President – Oyegun by egift(m): 9:05pm On May 23, 2015
Kingspin:
Sharing oil money is that how the country will be run forever. The early the better o.

The major part of the Buhari Administration's economic policies, will be the quest to diversify the economy and open up other channels of revenue for States and FG.
Re: Buhari To Spend N4.1trillion From First Day As President – Oyegun by Kingspin(m): 9:13pm On May 23, 2015
egift:

The major part of the Buhari Administration's economic policies, will be the quest to diversify the economy and open up other channels of revenue for States and FG.
If the states cannot key-in the FG will have little to offer.
Re: Buhari To Spend N4.1trillion From First Day As President – Oyegun by goodgood2(m): 9:18pm On May 23, 2015
Is amaechi not a buhari's federal government governor? He invested his state's money on buhari federal project. Now that his state can't pay salaries, it's only natural buhari's federal government stepped in.
Ezenwammadu:
Why should federal govt pay salaries of state workers.Each state has governors and has federal allocation.Why shouldn't they work hard to generate internal revenue if they feel that the allocation is too small.

Nigeria is cursed with the worst set of governors
Re: Buhari To Spend N4.1trillion From First Day As President – Oyegun by egift(m): 9:19pm On May 23, 2015
Kingspin:
If the states cannot key-in the FG will have little to offer.

Majority will. I look forward for a competition among states for Internally generated revenue. The more money they generate, the more work they can accomplish and also the more they can loot.

If incentives are given, platforms offered - many states will key in. Take Dry-Season Farming for instance, many States were not involved under Jonathan. I see more States participating in it. Also if there is a monitoring arrangement in place to ensure that money collected is use appropriately, it will boost harvest and revenue to States.
Re: Buhari To Spend N4.1trillion From First Day As President – Oyegun by Kingspin(m): 9:25pm On May 23, 2015
egift:

Majority will. I look forward for a competition among states for Internally generated revenue. The more money they generate, the more work they can accomplish and also the more they can loot.

If incentives are given, platforms offered - many states will key in. Take Dry-Season Farming for instance, many States were not involved under Jonathan. I see more States participating in it. Also if there is a monitoring arrangement in place to ensure that money collected is use appropriately, it will boost harvest and revenue to States.
Let sit back and watch another 4years drama.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Reno Omokri Exposes Buhari's 'Next Level' Plagiarism, Copied From Kelly Costner / Governor Ambode And Lagosians Hailing Him (Photo) / Burial Photos Of Dr. Chinelo Megafu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.