Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,044 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

MTN Operations To Crumble Because Of Fuel Scarcity - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / MTN Operations To Crumble Because Of Fuel Scarcity (28320 Views)

FG Declares Emergency Over Fuel Scarcity / CBN Halts Branch Operations By Bureaux De Change #Emefieleconomics / See What Fuel Scarcity Has Caused At A Filling Station In Nigeria(Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Operations To Crumble Because Of Fuel Scarcity by gbogboti: 7:44pm On May 23, 2015
When I was storing 2000 litres, my people were yabbing me that I was doing black market business. What the elders see seated...

4 Likes

Re: MTN Operations To Crumble Because Of Fuel Scarcity by vinchristy: 7:44pm On May 23, 2015
Mobile operators ought 2 know better...Solar technology
is a superior option 2 diesel...In d long run it pays. .
Re: MTN Operations To Crumble Because Of Fuel Scarcity by mistayeancah(m): 7:45pm On May 23, 2015
Urgh
Re: MTN Operations To Crumble Because Of Fuel Scarcity by qualityovenbake(m): 7:46pm On May 23, 2015
Seriously, this fuel scarcity is killing our economy. The amount I spend on diesel daily is unbelievable. How can the two most important sectors of the economy "Electricity and fuel be having problem at the same time. This can't be a co-incident, ain't proper at all.

2 Likes

Re: MTN Operations To Crumble Because Of Fuel Scarcity by pamcode(m): 7:46pm On May 23, 2015
God school wey i dey no allow make i no wetin dey sup o, Naija which way
Re: MTN Operations To Crumble Because Of Fuel Scarcity by FestusCool: 7:46pm On May 23, 2015
It's going to affect some more companies within the next week if the situation is not restored to normal. Everybody has got to braze up please.
Re: MTN Operations To Crumble Because Of Fuel Scarcity by vinchristy: 7:46pm On May 23, 2015
Adopt solar tech..its d way 2 go...dis is 2015 n nt 2005
Re: MTN Operations To Crumble Because Of Fuel Scarcity by Nobody: 7:46pm On May 23, 2015
All because of the stupidity of Jonathan! Later some PDP would be calling him their hero.

1 Like

Re: MTN Operations To Crumble Because Of Fuel Scarcity by hamaworld(m): 7:47pm On May 23, 2015
Our money
Re: MTN Operations To Crumble Because Of Fuel Scarcity by victorv12(m): 7:47pm On May 23, 2015
President Jonathan's destiny is to annihilate Nigeria completely. A state of emergency must be declared.

1 Like

Re: MTN Operations To Crumble Because Of Fuel Scarcity by VolvoS60(m): 7:48pm On May 23, 2015
undecided

I thought deregulation was the magic wand. Some years ago we were given several lectures about how there would never be diesel scarcity in Nigeria again following the deregulation of the diesel market. Now we know better.

The new excuse being given is that the importation of diesel cannot be separated from the importation of petrol - and since petrol prices are still regulated, petrol shortage (because of regulated prices) has led to diesel shortage. Or something like that. undecided

The excuses keep tumbling upon themselves. Pipeline vandalisation. Smuggling. Regulated prices. The devaluation of the Naira. The appreciation of the Naira. The collapse in world oil prices. What next?

6 Likes

Re: MTN Operations To Crumble Because Of Fuel Scarcity by Nobody: 7:48pm On May 23, 2015
If this is what would make mtn move out of Nigeria then let the fuel scarcity continue

This is Jonathan legacy

1 Like

Re: MTN Operations To Crumble Because Of Fuel Scarcity by LuvSwollenPussy(m): 7:50pm On May 23, 2015
publicenemy:
Let MTN burn....

I LIKE IT grin grin grin
Me too. ..the stingiest and most erratic nigerian mobile network

1 Like

Re: MTN Operations To Crumble Because Of Fuel Scarcity by Royalty01: 7:51pm On May 23, 2015
MTN recouped their investment in Nigeria within a short period. All what they have been doing ever after is amassing profit. Why can't they invest a certain percentage into alternative power generation source like solar energy to run their base stations. In the long run, it would be cheaper for their business and better for the environment.

1 Like

Re: MTN Operations To Crumble Because Of Fuel Scarcity by olu77(m): 7:53pm On May 23, 2015
So the CSE of MTN is Akinwale Goodluck shocked?

No wonder
Re: MTN Operations To Crumble Because Of Fuel Scarcity by oweman: 7:53pm On May 23, 2015
Atk01:
Diariz God! No light, no fuel. What kind of government allows its citizens to suffer like this?
Re: MTN Operations To Crumble Because Of Fuel Scarcity by EnterPRO: 7:54pm On May 23, 2015
things should improve after May 29.
Re: MTN Operations To Crumble Because Of Fuel Scarcity by Nobody: 7:54pm On May 23, 2015
In a sane society the fuel scarcity would have been addressed weeks before escalating to this level. I doubt if we are in a sane society. angry

1 Like

Re: MTN Operations To Crumble Because Of Fuel Scarcity by Akinz0126(m): 7:57pm On May 23, 2015
Imaging Nonsense in the country of lawlessness when are leaders are Useless

1 Like

Re: MTN Operations To Crumble Because Of Fuel Scarcity by cozy7(m): 7:57pm On May 23, 2015
dayosaurus:
Nigeria is doomed.

You heard it here first!!

What a shame!!
Why do u sound unpatriotic? Things maybe this bad, but obviously not doomed! Mind your words plz, I'm not liking what's going on in Nigeria, but I luv my country!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MTN Operations To Crumble Because Of Fuel Scarcity by dunkem21(m): 7:58pm On May 23, 2015
CyberEBOLA:
Black Market dealers be like this scarcity should continue

I tell you grin
Re: MTN Operations To Crumble Because Of Fuel Scarcity by oweman: 7:58pm On May 23, 2015
victorv12:
President Jonathan's destiny is to annihilate Nigeria completely. A state of emergency must be declared.
Re: MTN Operations To Crumble Because Of Fuel Scarcity by olu77(m): 7:58pm On May 23, 2015
The biggest economy in Africa runs on generator of different sizes

7 Likes

Re: MTN Operations To Crumble Because Of Fuel Scarcity by 14DUI(m): 7:58pm On May 23, 2015
DahtzFestjayz:

Imagine the pollution caused by these twin Diesel engine generators in all The BTS, Switch all over the country, MTN alone has almost 50k stations, consider this senario as these stations are power by gen 24/7. Now join MTN, Glo, aitel or whatever their name is now, starcom, all those small networks, we are talking over 150k stations powers by generators. Nigeria is in pollution crisis, we just don't know yet.
Now add the household generators, all other public and private Businesses powered by generators. The health crises is loamning already.

These same cabal holding NNPC, PHCN are same in the oil and gas industry, same people are in the government, same people are controlling Nigeria destiny and we will all sit here and say Nigeria is not under occupation.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: MTN Operations To Crumble Because Of Fuel Scarcity by synergycom19: 7:59pm On May 23, 2015
GEJ till buhari gets his certificate.

2 Likes

Re: MTN Operations To Crumble Because Of Fuel Scarcity by nickxtra(m): 8:00pm On May 23, 2015
These selfish companies! MTN should explore other options, particularly Solar system, to power its base stations.

1 Like

Re: MTN Operations To Crumble Because Of Fuel Scarcity by dayosaurus(m): 8:00pm On May 23, 2015
cozy7:
Why do u sound unpatriotic? Things maybe this bad, but obviously not doomed! Mind your words plz, I'm not liking what's going on in Nigeria, but I luv my country!

If pragmatism is equal to being unpatriotic in your world. Then i have nothing to add...

2 Likes

Re: MTN Operations To Crumble Because Of Fuel Scarcity by JayJustus(m): 8:02pm On May 23, 2015
synergycom19:
GEJ till buhari gets his certificate.

man your life is in jeopardy kai... another lunatic on the loose

2 Likes

Re: MTN Operations To Crumble Because Of Fuel Scarcity by olu77(m): 8:03pm On May 23, 2015
olasmith10:
Glo with pride.. we go do whatssap and bbm call...

Maybe Glo go soon submit their own notice or are you saying their own base station are powered by solar?
Re: MTN Operations To Crumble Because Of Fuel Scarcity by chax100(f): 8:04pm On May 23, 2015
When the bough breaks, the cradle will fall. The bough has already broken. Nigeria is in a sorry state.

1 Like

Re: MTN Operations To Crumble Because Of Fuel Scarcity by gebest: 8:04pm On May 23, 2015
I no dey boda again because na every body e go affect, even d gov't itself.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Banks Induce Customers On Conversion Of Dollar Deposits To Naira / You Too Can Mine Bitcoin In Nigeria / Dangote Acquires 2,500 Trucks For Cement, Fertiliser Distribution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.