Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,659 members, 7,820,322 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

The Psychological Effect Of The Fuel Scarcity On Nigerians - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Psychological Effect Of The Fuel Scarcity On Nigerians (26736 Views)

NNPC Blames Fuel Scarcity On Vandals, Unscrupulous Oil Marketers - VANGUARD / Senate Asks Nigerians If They Should Invite Buhari Over The Fuel Scarcity (Pic) / OPINION: The Psychological Dimensions Of Supporting APC Or PDP – Demola Olarewaj (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Psychological Effect Of The Fuel Scarcity On Nigerians by armadeo(m): 5:24pm On May 24, 2015
Fatdon:
still on it

A beg when the miracle happen pm me.
Re: The Psychological Effect Of The Fuel Scarcity On Nigerians by Fatdon(m): 5:27pm On May 24, 2015
armadeo:

A beg when the miracle happen pm me.
Have faith
Re: The Psychological Effect Of The Fuel Scarcity On Nigerians by SammyO4real: 5:27pm On May 24, 2015
kinglekan:
Ishilove this was supposed to be a reply to your comment to borrusia on your use of a power bank because of the erratic power supply and lingering fuel scarcity in the country. But after typing an epistle like reply, I thought I should rather convert it to a thread and hear different views about the situation.

Talking about the use of a power bank, mine that was designed to charge my phone for approximately 5 times is already experiencing bankruptcy. By the time I eventually post this, I probably won't be online to read comments. sad

The looming fuel scarcity has put frustration in the hearts of many Nigerians. Who ever thought it would get to a point where we would purchase kerosene on the black market.

Just a few hours ago some guys angrily killed a dog by smashing blocks on it at a filling station close to my place. They claimed the dog had bit one of them which I am certain isn't really the cause of such brutal and barbaric act.

Most of them have been queueing under the heavy down pour as early as 5am today, only for the fuel station to stop selling before they could purchase. I guess the dog strayed by walking into the midst of very angry men who decided to vent all their frustration on the poor creature.

With the way things are going I just hope people don't start getting extremely violent. These days everyone is so touchy, some even bring the frustration to NL. This is the wrong time to accidentally step on a stranger. You might be given a very hot factory reset slap. cheesy

Reminds me of some days back when I was alighting from a BRT bus and my hand accidentally hit an elderly man. Omo!!! the man just wipe me better slap for back. The pain was out of this world.

The man literally used all the strength he had to inflict pain on me. I just held myself together, smiled and told the man that I was sorry and that I didn't do it on purpose. Can't blame him though, the old man was standing in the bus, with the hot weather and traffic not making the situation seemingly easy to bear.

PHCN on the other hand have chosen the wrongest time to be highly ineffective. The power situation in most parts of the country has been completely epileptic.

I keep wondering what goes on in the mind of GMB. He definitely has a lot on his plate, more like 3 course delicacy of national issues that need immediate attention. Only hope he has a ravenous appetite for it.

Someone should please find a magic wand for GMB. Wherever merlin is, we sure need him and all the magic we can conjure up to fix this madness. smiley

So how has the fuel scarcity been in your area and how has it affected you? Let's talk and vent a little online. smiley

No light, no water supply, no fuel to power generator, nothing. This has never happened in history. In fact, no network on my MTN phone since yesterday. I am very very tired of Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Psychological Effect Of The Fuel Scarcity On Nigerians by kinglekan: 5:31pm On May 24, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

Luckily and thankfully in Uyo we aren't experiencing any of that. Petrol is in abundance here. No queues and the shuttle rates by public transport operators are still the same.

Truly this is the "LAND OF PROMISE".

#ProudlyAkwa-Ibom smiley

Seems I would be paying you a visit soon. *sigh*

I miss AKS. sad

1 Like

Re: The Psychological Effect Of The Fuel Scarcity On Nigerians by Nobody: 5:32pm On May 24, 2015
MymothersKeeper:
Even all the runs girls on Instagram are so quiet no twerking, no London accents, just selfie . That's how I know it's serious .
May Lord bring stability soon , Amen .
Thank God my wage was delayed today, I could have gotten my ticket to lagos !
I definitely would not cope .
The company I work for is going into liquidation , they are sacking us all with 3 months salary, everybody was depressed but I was happy secretly cheesy grin them no sabi the kind of country I hail from
Hey miss, do well to separate it into three parts and send me one. grin

1 Like

Re: The Psychological Effect Of The Fuel Scarcity On Nigerians by Nobody: 5:34pm On May 24, 2015
Teespice:
my power bank chose this time to go kaput
even my fan too.

as I said in one thread, I don't sleep well these day because the heat no be here.

the fuel worth 6k my dad bought was like quarter of a 25 litre keg.

I am already counting the days to go back to school because at least I am sure of electricity for at least ten to twelve hours.

which way nigeria. I don tire.
Stay strong and God bless.
Re: The Psychological Effect Of The Fuel Scarcity On Nigerians by Urine: 5:36pm On May 24, 2015
misspicy:
Them no use microphone n keyboard for my church today sef no fuel to run the generator....even PHCN no blink lyt.....diaris God.pastor still preach sermon say in everything gv thanks,na so we start singing n clapping session.

I'm a huge fan of women putting on LBD's but your LPD is totally on point.
Re: The Psychological Effect Of The Fuel Scarcity On Nigerians by TheSonOfMark(m): 5:36pm On May 24, 2015
kinglekan:
Seems I would be paying you a visit soon. *sigh*
I miss AKS. sad

Hold on a second; what brought you to Akwa-Ibom state in the first place?
Re: The Psychological Effect Of The Fuel Scarcity On Nigerians by armadeo(m): 5:38pm On May 24, 2015
francizy:
People don humble for Nigeria.. Even people way dey jump from one thread to another to bash GEJ no get either power, fuel, [b]energy or zeal [/b]to criticize am today.. Does this mean that if you want to humble Nigerians, take fuel far away from them?

GMB hope you're learning from this? When people go all out on you, take their fuel and dey crawl to your feet to beg.. grin

I don't even have the energy for e argument self. Na wa oh

1 Like

Re: The Psychological Effect Of The Fuel Scarcity On Nigerians by kinglekan: 5:38pm On May 24, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

Hold on a second; what brought you to Akwa-Ibom state in the first place?

grin
*whispers* NYSC

1 Like

Re: The Psychological Effect Of The Fuel Scarcity On Nigerians by Leopantro: 5:40pm On May 24, 2015
Setaje:
My dad na sure man. We still have more than 200 litres of petrol at home. Popsy dey always plan ahead and he knew that there would be serious fuel scarcity. Infact he has said that we should expect more after Buhari enters because he is sure they will remove fuel subsidy. This will not go down well wiv labour union because they will say why should they remove fuel subsidy wiv no increment of salary and our law makers would still be earning very high income. That is where another problem will start. There is no way Buhari will want to continue paying that subsidy. So my advise is, after this one people should go and buy enough kegs at home and store so u don't be caught unawares. The days of fuel scarcity is back.

200 ltrs?! Please, where do you live? Just drop the co-ordinates and I will find the storage, I mean your address using Google Earth.
Thank God for NL, would not have known about the rising cost of fuel and the hardship going on. Rush out this morning and bought 50 ltrs at 140. Was fuming at the cost but on reading the comments on NL went back to fill my car.
Thank God I did. Just passed the same station and it's now 160.

Haven't had electricity in a week. Bought three rechargeable small fans that cost about N1000 and attached USB cables to them. They now run off power banks after the inner battery dies. Working on something that will make energy saving bulbs run of finger batteries.
Starting from this week, some banks will work part time due to lack of diesel.
The situation will not break me.

4 Likes

Re: The Psychological Effect Of The Fuel Scarcity On Nigerians by Urine: 5:40pm On May 24, 2015
MymothersKeeper:
Even all the runs girls on Instagram are so quiet no twerking, no London accents, just selfie . That's how I know it's serious .
May Lord bring stability soon , Amen .
Thank God my wage was delayed today, I could have gotten my ticket to lagos !
I definitely would not cope .
The company I work for is going into liquidation , they are sacking us all with 3 months salary, everybody was depressed but I was happy secretly cheesy grin them no sabi the kind of country I hail from

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Psychological Effect Of The Fuel Scarcity On Nigerians by TheSonOfMark(m): 5:40pm On May 24, 2015
If you need fuel, visit Akwa-Ibom. :
I'd supply at #160 per litre.cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Psychological Effect Of The Fuel Scarcity On Nigerians by TheSonOfMark(m): 5:42pm On May 24, 2015
kinglekan:
grin *whispers* NYSC
I thought as much. Uyo? Eket? Ikot Abasi? Ikot Ekpene?

1 Like

Re: The Psychological Effect Of The Fuel Scarcity On Nigerians by olayinkaj2(m): 5:44pm On May 24, 2015
This scarcity is really biting hard as we speak, passengers are angry at drivers and conductor, transport fares are tripled. Na so I enter bus this morning, gave driver 5h to balance me 2h and he was saying " mi o je e ni change rara" mo para fun werey, he produced my balance kia kia, that is the extent to which this scarcity has affected a lot. ordinarily, mowe to ketu is N150 but now doubled. Something needs to be done very fast so as to avoid physical fight on the street.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Psychological Effect Of The Fuel Scarcity On Nigerians by kinglekan: 5:48pm On May 24, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

I thought as much. Uyo? Eket? Ikot Abasi? Ikot Ekpene?

Uyo. cheesy
Re: The Psychological Effect Of The Fuel Scarcity On Nigerians by tolexy007(m): 5:49pm On May 24, 2015
kinglekan:

ROTFL.. cheesy

E be like say na my area u dey stay ooo. As in ehn, last night was epic. Everywhere was so quiet you could hear a pin drop.

*sigh*

Chai! bro I tire, I neva no how I go reach office tmao now?
Re: The Psychological Effect Of The Fuel Scarcity On Nigerians by Springz(f): 5:50pm On May 24, 2015
I'm so f.^cking angry, can't vent.
Re: The Psychological Effect Of The Fuel Scarcity On Nigerians by tolexy007(m): 5:50pm On May 24, 2015
Acekidc4:

Leave the Dude Alone oh Abeg!! Even to Type long Comment na War cos of Fuel Palaver!!

If I type long Comment, my fone power will go down and no Fuel to Charge my Fone!!

bro u are right, meself tire.
Re: The Psychological Effect Of The Fuel Scarcity On Nigerians by tivta(m): 5:52pm On May 24, 2015
Why do I feel like majority of the users on nl are indomie generation kids? Cause I remember during abacha's regime, they imported contaminated fuel that turned mechanics to millionaires, yet nigeria did not collapse. Even during obasanjo regime fuel was always scarce during xmas but jona fixed that when nigeria had excess crude account. Just because some kids have internet access now they feel they know what it takes to rule a country? When OBJ and jona said no fuel subsidy what did you do? You fought against it ba? Now you see the result you are complaining. Nlc and tuc has already said they would fight buhari if he dares remove fuel subsidy, let's wait and see who will win, the cabal or the president. God save nigeria from nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: The Psychological Effect Of The Fuel Scarcity On Nigerians by francizy(m): 5:52pm On May 24, 2015
ronald4lif:

Hahaha. Soon in-laws will be like to have Amaka's hand in marriage you must provide 10litres of fuel. Omo na to start to go buy fuel store now oo should incase it get worse. cheesy

Hahahaha, 10 litres of fuel na like diamond oh! No sane man will give that much for a girl's hand in marriage, at least not now... grin grin grin Maybe two litres go do... cheesy

My guy, errrm, abeg, you fit waybill me like 20 litres of fuel from UK? sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Psychological Effect Of The Fuel Scarcity On Nigerians by kinglekan: 5:56pm On May 24, 2015
tolexy007:
Chai! bro I tire, I neva no how I go reach office tmao now?
If u nor get bicycle, make you trek na. cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Psychological Effect Of The Fuel Scarcity On Nigerians by skytreader(m): 5:58pm On May 24, 2015
Teespice:
my power bank chose this time to go kaput
even my fan too.

as I said in one thread, I don't sleep well these day because the heat no be here.

the fuel worth 6k my dad bought was like quarter of a 25 litre keg.

I am already counting the days to go back to school because at least I am sure of electricity for at least ten to twelve hours.

which way nigeria. I don tire.

I feel your pain. Light's pretty constant in my school too. Fortunately/unfortunately, I concluded my studies a few weeks ago and I am condemned to be home for the next coupla months. This situation better be resolved before things start to grind to a halt...

1 Like

Re: The Psychological Effect Of The Fuel Scarcity On Nigerians by hansbad: 6:01pm On May 24, 2015
yomi007k:
This is wat happens wen we spend all our time n energy playing, having sex, partying, watching ball, making babies,lazying around in jobs, being hypocrites etc.
Rather than being a serious nation, thinking of alternative means of power creation and solve other problems.

We never smell anyting.
thank God that u use d word WE
Re: The Psychological Effect Of The Fuel Scarcity On Nigerians by tolexy007(m): 6:03pm On May 24, 2015
kinglekan:

If u nor get bicycle, make you trek na. cheesy

treck from Iyana ipaja to lagos island? I go kill myself for what u just say now. Ahhhhh I don kill myseld for ur neck

2 Likes

Re: The Psychological Effect Of The Fuel Scarcity On Nigerians by TheSonOfMark(m): 6:04pm On May 24, 2015
kinglekan:

Uyo. cheesy

Aha!
God's own city. The city of refuge, of peace, of progress and the quasi-Seoul of Nigeria. Flanked on the east by the cultural city of Ikot Ekpene and on the far south by the industrial town of Ikot Abasi demarcated by the Atlantic ocean and on the southwest by the oil-rich Ibono and its famed beach.
Uyo, the abode of the son of Mark.smiley

2 Likes

Re: The Psychological Effect Of The Fuel Scarcity On Nigerians by Wokeyim(f): 6:05pm On May 24, 2015
If it were to be just fuel that was the issue, maybe one would have had hope. We drove the little fuel in our car today all the way to Oshodi looking for cooking gas to buy, all to no avail. Price of kerosene has gone up as well too. I dunno where this country is headed to but we can only continue to pray...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Psychological Effect Of The Fuel Scarcity On Nigerians by Setaje(f): 6:07pm On May 24, 2015
Leopantro:

200 ltrs?! Please, where do you live? Just drop the co-ordinates and I will find the storage, I mean your address using Google Earth.
Thank God for NL, would not have known about the rising cost of fuel and the hardship going on. Rush out this morning and bought 50 ltrs at 140. Was fuming at the cost but on reading the comments on NL went back to fill my car.
Thank God I did. Just passed the same station and it's now 160.

Haven't had electricity in a week. Bought three rechargeable small fans that cost about N1000 and attached USB cables to them. They now run off power banks after the inner battery dies. Working on something that will make energy saving bulbs run of finger batteries.
Starting from this week, some banks will work part time due to lack of diesel.
The situation will not break me.

Hehehhehehhehehhehhehehe. Even wiv what we have. We are rationing. Cause after they call of the strike. We won't still buy fuel at normal price till after some days. We sef don go buy rechargeable fan. U should see my area. Na only champions dey put gen on for night and na just to pump water. Even rich people dey feel am die because there is no fuel at all in some places. No black market sef. Tomorrow is gonna be bloody. I don't no how far the government can stretch us cus Nigerians seems to be resilient. If it were to be some other country, by now a lot for don they happen.

1 Like

Re: The Psychological Effect Of The Fuel Scarcity On Nigerians by ronald4lif(m): 6:07pm On May 24, 2015
francizy:

Hahahaha, 10 litres of fuel na like diamond oh! No sane man will give that much for a girl's hand in marriage, at least not now... grin grin grin Maybe two litres go do... cheesy

My guy, errrm, abeg, you fit waybill me like 20 litres of fuel from UK? sad

Haha, them no go even see 1litres sef. Fuel scarce pass black diamond jare.

I no mind waybill you some litres of fuel but na where to get Jerry cans naim be the p. Jerry cans scarce pass fuel here. In fact I never take my eye see one for over 2years.
grin

2 Likes

Re: The Psychological Effect Of The Fuel Scarcity On Nigerians by spenpe: 6:10pm On May 24, 2015
naija1stpikin:
Here in Burundi, we don't experience fuel scarcity or power shortage

Thanks
wetn dy worry una for Burundi no pass fuel. all the coup and killings nko
Re: The Psychological Effect Of The Fuel Scarcity On Nigerians by yomi007k(m): 6:24pm On May 24, 2015
francizy:

The God wey go bless you just dey wait make the right time come. E go so bless you till you talk say e don do!
Amen oo, plus u n ur household.

1 Like

Re: The Psychological Effect Of The Fuel Scarcity On Nigerians by chommyAngela: 6:39pm On May 24, 2015
maryhaam:
The situation is killing,the leaders are looking like it's normal,trying to imagine wht tomorrow has in stock,is better they declare public holiday,schbus didn't work on friday so monday what wil happen,tfare has been over inflated,may God help us
na only God go help us oooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

FG In Talk With Niger Delta Militants – President Buhari / Governor Uzodinma Apologizes Over NLC President Attack / Saharareporters Attacks Melaye Over His "Made-In-Nigeria Women" Comment (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.