Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,776 members, 7,820,716 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

Shattered Glass - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Shattered Glass (64179 Views)

Broken, Not Shattered... A Short Story. / Shattered Dream (episode 1) / Unveiling The Truth(shattered Heart) - By Olarhtunji (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shattered Glass by Nobody: 7:18pm On May 28, 2015
Uhm mznelly is the story yours??
Re: Shattered Glass by Nobody: 7:24pm On May 28, 2015
Tobiee:
so..??!!
Still good. No pun intended.

1 Like

Re: Shattered Glass by Nobody: 7:45pm On May 28, 2015
Tobiee:
Uhm mznelly is the story yours??

Of course it is.

Why?
Re: Shattered Glass by Nobody: 7:46pm On May 28, 2015
Thugnificient:
This is a good story... but no diction

Yeah, my diction is poor.

What's of essence to me is that I'm passing across a message,

1 Like

Re: Shattered Glass by Nobody: 8:02pm On May 28, 2015
MzNelly:

i'm not trying to deface your story in any way.. but you really should stop the mentality of not caring about what make a story stand out of the the best (diction) as long as the reader is understanding your write up. You will need stuffs like diction, suspence etc. to make the audience stay glued to it. Don't just write for fun, people might be stalking you without your knowledge. I'm not better than you, in fact, i can't write this good, i'm just saying what's supposed to be.. so don't let your quote be anger-inspired.

3 Likes

Re: Shattered Glass by Nobody: 8:07pm On May 28, 2015
Thugnificient:
i'm not trying to deface your story in any way.. but you really should stop the mentality of not caring about what make a story stand out of the the best (diction) as long as the reader is understanding your write up. You will need stuffs like diction, suspence etc. to make the audience stay glued to it. Don't just write for fun, people might be stalking you without your knowledge. I'm not better than you, in fact, i can't write this good, i'm just saying what's supposed to be.. so don't let your quote be anger-inspired.

Darling, it's not 'anger-inspired', believe me.

My diction is poor and this is a fact, ya dig?

For you or anyone else to ask me to seriously work on it, I have to be getting paid for it.
This is a forum where anyone can come in and plagiarise your work and you're asking me to put 100% into it?
No Sir.

Like I said earlier, -and I'll repeat- what's of essence to me is that I pass across a message.
C'est fini.

2 Likes

Re: Shattered Glass by Nobody: 8:10pm On May 28, 2015
MzNelly:

Of course it is.

Why?
wondering how you knew the english meaning of those delta names.. Or u've stayed there.. Anyways are you gon' update tonight?
Re: Shattered Glass by Nobody: 8:14pm On May 28, 2015
Tobiee:
wondering how you knew the english meaning of those delta names.. Or u've stayed there.. Anyways are you gon' update tonight?

I'm not so sure.
Re: Shattered Glass by Nobody: 8:17pm On May 28, 2015
MzNelly:

Darling, it's not 'anger-inspired', believe me.

My diction is poor and this is a fact, ya dig?

For you or anyone else to ask me to seriously work on it, I have to be getting paid for it.
This is a forum where anyone can come in and plagiarise your work and you're asking me to put 100% into it?
No Sir.

Like I said earlier, -and I'll repeat- what's of essence to me is that I pass across a message.
C'est fini.
Okay, so when are you going to post the next chapter.
Re: Shattered Glass by Nobody: 8:17pm On May 28, 2015
Thugnificient:
Okay, so when are you going to post the next chapter.

When I'm inspired.
Re: Shattered Glass by Nobody: 8:20pm On May 28, 2015
MzNelly:

When I'm inspired.
i hope it's sooner.
Re: Shattered Glass by Nobody: 8:20pm On May 28, 2015
MzNelly:

When I'm inspired.
i hope it's sooner.
Re: Shattered Glass by Nobody: 8:32pm On May 28, 2015
MzNelly:

I'm not so sure.
Re: Shattered Glass by amiablejudy(f): 1:40pm On May 29, 2015
Nelly,fine Nelly,Gifted Nelly,your work is always mind blowing with moral lessons to learn,still you've to be objective about it.Be open to criticisms n dare to improve. I know people plagiarize and all but in the midst of sorts don't lose your use of style,diction,plot n all.You will always standout n ur gift will make way's for you.Keep it coming dear
Re: Shattered Glass by Nobody: 2:36pm On May 29, 2015
amiablejudy:
Nelly,fine Nelly,Gifted Nelly,your work is always mind blowing with moral lessons to learn,still you've to be objective about it.Be open to criticisms n dare to improve. I know people plagiarize and all but in the midst of sorts don't lose your use of style,diction,plot n all.You will always standout n ur gift will make way's for you.Keep it coming dear

Thanks. smiley
Re: Shattered Glass by Greyworld: 9:56pm On May 29, 2015
MzNelly:

Thanks. smiley
Maam does dis "thanks" mean no show 2nyt?
Re: Shattered Glass by Nobody: 9:57pm On May 29, 2015
Greyworld:

Maam does dis "thanks" mean no show 2nyt?

Something like that. grin
Re: Shattered Glass by lexaydfg(m): 9:58pm On May 29, 2015
Nice one nelly, waiting for d next episode
Re: Shattered Glass by Greyworld: 10:16pm On May 29, 2015
MzNelly:

Something like that. grin
See dis woman, babe mi na warri boy o, in ma hood we lose our temper wif out spanner o. Lol
Re: Shattered Glass by Nobody: 1:17pm On May 30, 2015
Greyworld:

See dis woman, babe mi na warri boy o, in ma hood we lose our temper [email]wif out spanner o.[/email] Lol
[email]funny[/email] undecided
Re: Shattered Glass by Nobody: 7:58pm On May 30, 2015
Nice!
Re: Shattered Glass by Missmossy(f): 8:31pm On May 30, 2015
This is creative,following.

1 Like

Re: Shattered Glass by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jun 02, 2015
MzNelly:

your diction is not poor..
different writers utilise different mediums. your style may be using simple words as long as you are eloquent and coherent enough. It doesn't have to be complex language or be excessively wordy.

please come update ..

2 Likes

Re: Shattered Glass by amyvals(f): 8:19am On Jun 05, 2015
Wat z happenin na, where z our update?
Re: Shattered Glass by kinglekan: 4:46pm On Jun 07, 2015
MzNelly:

When I'm inspired.
We are enjoying this piece, you have kept us hanging for too long. sad
Re: Shattered Glass by Nobody: 7:54pm On Aug 13, 2015
Biebi watched in satisfaction as Efe peeled away the shining gift wrapper from the present she had purchased earlier that day.
“A doll!’ She screamed, excited. She hugged her elder sister warmly and caressed the long, silky hair of the Barbie doll.
“That’s not all, darling.” Biebi smiled as she pulled out another box from the nylon. “Here” She handed it to the over-excited pre-teen.
At exactly that moment, Oyibo walked in.
“Oyibo,” Biebi started “Where’ve you been?”
“I went out” Oyibo answered, gruffly.
“Well….I got some stuff for you and your sis-“ She got up and handed him a sealed package. Without warning, he flung it away from her hands and it landed beside their worn-out cushion.
“We need to talk!” He stated, his eyes glinting with no trace of apology. Biebi stared at him, shocked. He had never been so rude towards her…

“Oyibo-“ Efe stood up to protest.
“Leave us alone, Efe. NOW!” Efe rushed outside, still clutching her Barbie doll.
“What was that about, Oyibo?” Oyibo ignored her question and surveyed her carefully.
“Oyibo, Oyibo!”
“Is it true?” He asked her, calmly. “Are you really a prossstitute? Is it true?”
Biebi stopped to stare at him, shocked beyond words.
“Em…where did you hear this from?” Oyibo sighed, exasperated.
“Of course, it’s true. The presents, the clothes, everything…from prossstitution”
“Listen, I can explain…”
“I trusted you, Biebi!” He yelled. Not Aunty B, Biebi; she thought. “And now I’m finding out you’re so…CHEAP!”
“Oyibo, don’t talk to me like that. You and your sister were starving. Our parents were dead. What did you want from me?”
“Weren’t you the same person that told us never to let a bad situation change us? But you did. You let poverty turn you into a cheap hoe” With that, he walked out.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shattered Glass by kinglekan: 5:48pm On Sep 08, 2015

Mznelly u left this piece for so long. I thought we were not going to get an update from you anymore. I hope you would keep it flowing, even though your last update was in August.

I also thought you had gone AWOL till someone mentioned you and made reference to your diary. I really enjoyed your new style of portraying and relating events. You just have this thing with words and the way and manner you put them together is laudable.

I laughed really hard when I read the student doc's post. Well keep it coming pulezzzzzzz!!! And kindly update this piece.

Gracias. smiley

Re: Shattered Glass by Nobody: 6:25pm On Sep 08, 2015
Chief Benson ignored his son's fuming expression and continued skimming through the pages of the newspaper, calmly.
"Dad, you can't be serious! Mom just died....-what-3 years back. And here you are rolling around with of all the women in the world, an illiterate. Not just an illiterate. An illiterate prosstitute."
Chief Benson's eyes darted from the paper to his son at that statement.
"Richard, don't you dare get on my nerves. I haven't quite gotten over your misbehaviour towards Vosa the other day. Don't push me."
"Or what?!" Richard asked, flaring up. "Don't even think for one second of making that cheap whôre your wife! Cos I won't take it!! I won't take it, Dad!!!"

Chief Benson gazed at the expanse of his room, like he was in search of something, sighed, then picked up his fashionable cane and stood up.
"I asked you not to bite more than you can swallow. You just did."
"And what the hell does that mean?" Richard dared, squaring up to his father with his impressionable height.
"If you won't respect Vosa, then I might reconsider making you CEO of my company-" The elderly man strolled to the other end of the room and looked out of the window. "Your fancy cars-confiscated. Your bank accounts-frozen"
Richard gulped, staring at his father, the seriousness in his voice scaring him.
"You wouldn't...."
"Apologize to Visa, then maybe, just maybe... I wouldnt."
"Dad...."

"08012468932....That's her number"
"What! I didn't get that." Richard quickly reached for his phone. "Again."
"08012468932. That's Vosa's number. The woman I'm in love with. The woman I'm going to marry, call her and apologize to her"

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shattered Glass by Nobody: 6:27pm On Sep 08, 2015
Kinglekan, thank you so much,

I felt like you gave me that extra boost I needed. I'll strive to write regularly now. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shattered Glass by kinglekan: 6:57pm On Sep 08, 2015
MzNelly:
Kinglekan, thank you so much,

I felt like you gave me that extra boost I needed. I'll strive to write regularly now. cheesy

Uwc dear. Just do you and be "Nelly ~ She bad". smiley

Glad I could give you that boost. smiley wink

Guys shezzz back and its hawwtttt!!!

Cc:
Jefferyjamez
Twaci
Mizkeleke
Cutieberie1
Sveen

Re: Shattered Glass by Sveen: 7:01pm On Sep 08, 2015
kinglekan:

Uwc dear. Just do you and be "Nelly ~ She bad". smiley
Glad I could give you that boost. smiley wink

Guys shezzz back and its hawwtttt!!!

Okay.
Re: Shattered Glass by Twaci(f): 7:11pm On Sep 08, 2015
Kinglekan, Oba you summoned me cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

>>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) / Saved By Amnesia / Oretunlewa Soyinka Marries Nneka Ekechukwu, Igbo Girl (Pre-Wedding Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.