Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,831 members, 7,831,697 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

What Is Wrong In Marrying From The Same Family With My Brother? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is Wrong In Marrying From The Same Family With My Brother? (1465 Views)

Should I Still Keep Faith In Marrying Her? / Is Anything Wrong In Marrying A Girl Your Know A Friend Has Slept With? / Is Anything Wrong With Two Brothers Marrying From The Same Family? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Wrong In Marrying From The Same Family With My Brother? by Coolcash1: 7:46am On May 24, 2015
i have a male friend who has found love with the younger sister of his elder brother's wife but his parents are against their relationship. They claimed that it's not ideal for two blood brothers to marry from the same family. When he sought for my opinion I told him that I don't see anything bad with it. After all, is not your brother's wife you are in love with.

However, I have decided to share this ongoing burning issue on this platform to seek people's opinion about it. Perhaps, if there is anyone with similar experience and how it was handled to share it.
Re: What Is Wrong In Marrying From The Same Family With My Brother? by indiraserv: 7:52am On May 24, 2015
Well technically there isn't anything bad in it but superstitiously it is believed something bad will happen to either of the couple ........and sometimes because of the believe in the superstition it comes to pass,hence his parent's fears
Re: What Is Wrong In Marrying From The Same Family With My Brother? by MUMINATED(m): 7:59am On May 24, 2015
Nothing wrong but you are not following the yoruba proverb dat says (a ki je meji ni aba alade,you don't eat twice in alade's village)shey na only their family waka come try other places na
Re: What Is Wrong In Marrying From The Same Family With My Brother? by Houseofglam7(f): 8:00am On May 24, 2015
Na so wives dey scarce
Re: What Is Wrong In Marrying From The Same Family With My Brother? by Holatunde007(m): 8:24am On May 24, 2015
Houseofglam7:
Na so wives dey scarce
Wives no scarce na quality material scarce

5 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong In Marrying From The Same Family With My Brother? by epelumi42(m): 8:30am On May 24, 2015
Well, it depends...
Re: What Is Wrong In Marrying From The Same Family With My Brother? by agarawu23(m): 8:48am On May 24, 2015
MUMINATED:
Nothing wrong but you are not following the yoruba proverb dat says (a ki je meji ni aba alade,you don't eat twice in alade's village)shey na only their family waka come try other places na
anywhere your love is, we should go for it if you are ready to face the challenges. no big deal marrying in same family with your brother if not for "Africa mentality"

indiraserv:
Well technically there isn't anything bad in it but superstitiously it is believed something bad will happen to either of the couple ........and sometimes because of the believe in the superstition it comes to pass,hence his parent's fears
there is nothing like superstition that will come to past bro , its just our believe in Africa.

give it a trial if your family isn't against it and you will see the out come.

no bad omen guiding such situation
Re: What Is Wrong In Marrying From The Same Family With My Brother? by Coolcash1: 9:30am On May 24, 2015
indiraserv:

This was the same point his parent were making but I beg to differ. History has shown that most of these things are myth and there is no empirical evidence to back them up.
Re: What Is Wrong In Marrying From The Same Family With My Brother? by Coolcash1: 9:31am On May 24, 2015
agarawu23:
anywhere your love is, we should go for it if you are ready to face the challenges. no big deal marrying in same family with your brother if not for "Africa mentality"

there is nothing like superstition that will come to past bro , its just our believe in Africa.

You seems to have read my mind.
Re: What Is Wrong In Marrying From The Same Family With My Brother? by Coolcash1: 9:33am On May 24, 2015
epelumi42:
Well, it depends...

Please expatiate.

Mod/super mod, can we have this topic on FP pls.
Re: What Is Wrong In Marrying From The Same Family With My Brother? by tohpahz(f): 9:40am On May 24, 2015
Hmmmm..
Personally i don't think it's wrong to..
Its where the person found love..
But some tribes /cultures might disapprove of it..

So it's up to you to know if you can go through with it..
Re: What Is Wrong In Marrying From The Same Family With My Brother? by agarawu23(m): 9:42am On May 24, 2015
Coolcash1:

You seems to have read my mind.
cool
Re: What Is Wrong In Marrying From The Same Family With My Brother? by Pheals(f): 9:45am On May 24, 2015
I have nothing to say about it but if your family are against it especially your mother [ti e ba e ni yen o]
Re: What Is Wrong In Marrying From The Same Family With My Brother? by indiraserv: 9:45am On May 24, 2015
I agree,I do not think he shouldn't if he wants to but remember where thought goes energy flows,they just need to be aware of what they are going into and be ready to work it out
Coolcash1:

This was the same point his parent were making but I beg to differ. History has shown that most of these things are myth and there is no empirical evidence to back them up.
Re: What Is Wrong In Marrying From The Same Family With My Brother? by IceSplash(f): 10:31am On May 24, 2015
There's nothing wrong with marrying ur sister in law.... U guys ain't related by blood
Re: What Is Wrong In Marrying From The Same Family With My Brother? by boynigeria(m): 10:33am On May 24, 2015
woman don finish for world
Re: What Is Wrong In Marrying From The Same Family With My Brother? by chigoizie7(m): 10:52am On May 24, 2015
agarawu23:

Yes, it is our african believe, we love it, we abound by it, it is wat makes us africans, the fact that we are africans makes us unique in our own way. We must not be follow follow people.

If u still think it is a stupid superstitious belief, why don't u consider marrying your brother or your cousin, I bet other part of the world which we believed are more advanced than us does that.

Culture is the peoples way of life, that is what differentiates us from other parts of the world.

PROUDLY AFRICAN.

As for the op, if ur parents are against it, please heed to their advice,no be only that family waka come jare.
Re: What Is Wrong In Marrying From The Same Family With My Brother? by ireneony(f): 11:00am On May 24, 2015
there is something wrong with no matter how people try to sugarcoat it, it dont jst feel right..

they are suppose to be in-laws not fucck mate.

my sister would never try this rubbish
Re: What Is Wrong In Marrying From The Same Family With My Brother? by Coolcash1: 11:03am On May 24, 2015
chigoizie7:

Yes, it is our african believe, we love it, we abound by it, it is wat makes us africans, the fact that we are africans makes us unique in our own way. We must not be follow follow people.

If u still think it is a stupid superstitious belief, why don't u consider marrying your brother or your cousin, I bet other part of the world which we believed are more advanced than us does that.

Culture is the peoples way of life, that is what differentiates us from other parts of the world.

PROUDLY AFRICAN.

As for the op, if ur parents are against it, please heed to their advice,no be only that family waka come jare.

@Chigozie, no body is marrying her cousin or niece here. Is a case of affection between two in-laws.
Re: What Is Wrong In Marrying From The Same Family With My Brother? by agarawu23(m): 11:06am On May 24, 2015
chigoizie7:

PROUDLY AFRICAN.

you have your point bro.

but do you think we Africans aren't following other peoples culture?

the situation on ground is about choice making, cos I see know reason why I can't marry from same family with my bro.

if the both family accept, the case is solved not any Africa mentality or culture.

the cloths we are putting on today is our culture right ?
Re: What Is Wrong In Marrying From The Same Family With My Brother? by UnknownT: 11:11am On May 24, 2015
ireneony:
there is something wrong with no matter how people try to sugarcoat it, it dont jst feel right..

I rather believe the guys that went 'superstitious ' than this reason

@ op, I see nothing wrong with that. On a lighter note, they will give you guys discount on the marriage list and bride price unto customers grin
Re: What Is Wrong In Marrying From The Same Family With My Brother? by chigoizie7(m): 11:14am On May 24, 2015
Coolcash1:

@Chigozie, no body is marrying her cousin or niece here. Is a case of affection between two in-laws.

I was expecting to hear that.

What I am saying is dat we have to be who we are, we don't have to do certain things because others are doing it. He can as well go ahead and marry whoever he loves.

Were I come from,there is a certain kindred our kindred cannot marry(we are in no way related either by blood or otherwise, history just had it that we can't ) but I ve withnessed in not less than 6 occasions were some of us became so stuborn,my only pity is that it is only the lady dat will die after giving birth to d 1st child and d man automatically becomes retrogressive. I never believed superstitions until I withnessed certain things. Our parents know better,why not obey dem @times.

Btw.bros, u can go ahead with ur marriage preparations. All I am after is dat we have to respect who we re.
Re: What Is Wrong In Marrying From The Same Family With My Brother? by ireneony(f): 11:14am On May 24, 2015
UnknownT:
I rather believe the guys that went 'superstitious ' than this reason
am not begging u to believe my words, i know others will find my comment useful
Re: What Is Wrong In Marrying From The Same Family With My Brother? by chigoizie7(m): 11:16am On May 24, 2015
agarawu23:
you have your point bro.

but do you think we Africans aren't following other peoples culture?

the situation on ground is about choice making, cos I see know reason why I can't marry from same family with my bro.

if the both family accept, the case is solved not any Africa mentality or culture.

the cloths we are putting on today is our culture right ?

If u read well, the guys parents are totally against it. So?
Re: What Is Wrong In Marrying From The Same Family With My Brother? by agarawu23(m): 11:22am On May 24, 2015
chigoizie7:

If u read well, the guys parents are totally against it. So?
I also stated in my first comment that if the parents aren't against it, it isn't a bad idea.
Re: What Is Wrong In Marrying From The Same Family With My Brother? by chigoizie7(m): 11:25am On May 24, 2015
agarawu23:
I also stated in my first comment that if the parents aren't against it, it isn't a bad idea.

Ok

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong In Marrying From The Same Family With My Brother? by Nobody: 12:16pm On May 24, 2015
ireneony:

They are not related by blood so there is nothing wrong with it scientifically and morally.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

This Is How To Get Rid Of Fat Belly As Much As Possible / My Girl Blurted Out To My Friends That She's Had An Abortion Before / She Live Me For A Man And Later Return

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.