Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,941 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

Professor On Any Type Of Generator. - Technology Market (138) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Professor On Any Type Of Generator. (787404 Views)

What Brand Of Generator Can I Buy? / Professor On Any Type Of Solar Installations / Kara Nigeria‬ Offers The Best Prices Of Generator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (368) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by suco01(m): 10:19am On Apr 28, 2020
youwanbanme:

yeah, buying an engine is sounds great buh from what i heard, there is no longer elepaq original in stores, my fear is the half engine will be most likely an imitation.
what if i just buy a new cylinder, pistol +rings and the rod ... is that equivalent to half engine grin i don't wana spend much on that gen.

Both options still boils down to the engineer competency, quality of parts to be replaced for Both half engine and changing of parts will need you to spend.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by zanjorrg(m): 10:59am On Apr 28, 2020
Good morning engineers in house
I need generator to power 1 pressing iron, 1 industrial steam iron and washing matchine at the same time.. Please advise me on the brand to buy and the KVA.... Thanks in advance
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Nobody: 11:17am On Apr 28, 2020
suco01:

Both options still boils down to the engineer competency, quality of parts to be replaced for Both half engine and changing of parts will need you to spend.

Alright, finally (sorry cheesy) is there any genienue brand you can recommend. what product or brand do you look out for buying spare parts.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by zanjorrg(m): 12:01pm On Apr 28, 2020
zanjorrg:
Good morning engineers in house
I need generator to power 1 pressing iron, 1 industrial steam iron and washing matchine at the same time.. Please advise me on the brand to buy and the KVA.... Thanks in advance

Please I need help on this...
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by ELff: 12:30pm On Apr 28, 2020
Samcoflex75:

There is no engine that doesn't produce heat, even the engine of cars, because it is burning of fuel that goes on in the engine

Okay thank you for your response.. But I feel the heat is abnotmal. Once it is turned on, in abt 5 minutes, the heat it generates is something else, I initially thought because its a 5kva, I really don't know. We have a smaller gen which works really well. We have had it for over 5 years now and both of them are Elepaq.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by cuvox(m): 1:26pm On Apr 28, 2020
suco01:

Both options still boils down to the engineer competency.

Hey boss, thanks for keeping the thread alive, you are doing a great job. Our big Tiger generator TG 2700, 6.5 hp, 2.0KVA finally decided to retire after years of faithful Service.

I want to buy a new generator that can handle the water pump in the picture below as well as electrical iron without problems.

There are about 5 ceiling fans in the house, and a TV (they are usually turned off when it's time to pump water) with energy saving bulbs.

Can you please specify the minimum KVA I need to power all those, and if possible a brand name that I can get an original generator.

Thanks once again.

1 Like

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by piscesgem(m): 3:13pm On Apr 28, 2020
goke4real:
Hello prof, can Elepaq sv2200 1.3kv 3.5hp power 100lt hisense fridge?

Yes
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by suco01(m): 5:54pm On Apr 28, 2020
cuvox:

Hey boss, thanks for keeping the thread alive, you are doing a great job. Our big Tiger generator TG 2700, 6.5 hp, 2.0KVA finally decided to retire after years of faithful Service.

I want to buy a new generator that can handle the water pump in the picture below as well as electrical iron without problems.

There are about 5 ceiling fans in the house, and a TV (they are usually turned off when it's time to pump water) with energy saving bulbs.

Can you please specify the minimum KVA I need to power all those, and if possible a brand name that I can get an original generator.

Thanks once again.

This can help you with the breakdown

Pumping machine 1.13kw = 1130w
Electrical iron ranges = 1000w to 2000w
let's peg ur iron rating at 1000w
fans 5pcs ranges from 50/120watt pending the inches of your fan, let's peg it at 75watt each =375watt
TV I don't know the inches/size of TV u using but let's say 100watts

Total watt calculated 2.605watts
watts to kva with power factor 0.8 rating

2.605 = 3.263

Generator to power ALL conveniently is from 5.5kva

BUT

if you're to be substituting maybe either pumping machine or Iron

3.5kva is good

Brands
TEC
Lutian
Elemax
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by suco01(m): 5:57pm On Apr 28, 2020
zanjorrg:

Please I need help on this...

what's it the kw/watts of those items u listed.

As for the Brand TEC and Lutian. make sure you buy from accredited dealer and go with your engineer
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by suco01(m): 6:00pm On Apr 28, 2020
ELff:

Okay thank you for your response.. But I feel the heat is abnotmal. Once it is turned on, in abt 5 minutes, the heat it generates is something else, I initially thought because its a 5kva, I really don't know. We have a smaller gen which works really well. We have had it for over 5 years now and both of them are Elepaq.

Generator will always produce heat, just make sure u put your generator in an open space for cross ventilation.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by suco01(m): 6:04pm On Apr 28, 2020
youwanbanme:

Alright, finally (sorry cheesy) is there any genienue brand you can recommend. what product or brand do you look out for buying spare parts.

Genuine fireman
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by obisite: 8:51pm On Apr 28, 2020
suco01:

fans 5pcs ranges from 50/120watt pending the inches of your fan, let's peg it at 75watt each =375watt

2.605 = 3.263

BUT

3.5kva is good

Brands
TEC
Lutian
Elemax

What's your view about this brand.. And what's the kva..

Tigmax6800

Try getting sumec fireman.. Unfortunately I couldn't get copper...

Was advice to get Tigmax6800...
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Nobody: 9:25pm On Apr 28, 2020
suco01:

Genuine fireman

alright, thanks
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by suco01(m): 9:46pm On Apr 28, 2020
obisite:

What's your view about this brand.. And what's the kva..

Tigmax6800

Try getting sumec fireman.. Unfortunately I couldn't get copper...

Was advice to get Tigmax6800...

If its original. Make sure you go with engineer to confirm its copper. I think it's 3.5kva
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by obisite: 1:30am On Apr 29, 2020
suco01:

If its original. Make sure you go with engineer to confirm its copper. I think it's 3.5kva

Thanks
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Sapiosexuall: 7:36am On Apr 29, 2020
suco01:

My boss, please I need your guidance. I will be buying a Thermocool 2.5kva or 3.5kva (I've not made up my mind yet) by the weekend. Kindly guide me on the steps and who to call to set the generator up and connect light into the house.

I also intend to call a welder to build something to cover the generator against sunshine and rain. Is this advisable? Thank you
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by suco01(m): 8:38am On Apr 29, 2020
Sapiosexuall:

My boss, please I need your guidance. I will be buying a Thermocool 2.5kva or 3.5kva (I've not made up my mind yet) by the weekend. Kindly guide me on the steps and who to call to set the generator up and connect light into the house.

I also intend to call a welder to build something to cover the generator against sunshine and rain. Is this advisable? Thank you

I don't know what you want to use the generator to carry but to avoid future upgrade go for the 3.5kva. Get the generator at one of their office don't patronise shops. U will need electrician to connect the wire to change over. as for the cage, depends on what you have, you can build a big one just make sure there is space for cross ventilation and also note incase of downpour to avoid splash of water on it.

1 Like

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by suco01(m): 8:39am On Apr 29, 2020
obisite:

Thanks
You're welcome
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Sapiosexuall: 10:10am On Apr 29, 2020
suco01:

I don't know what you want to use the generator to carry but to avoid future upgrade go for the 3.5kva. Get the generator at one of their office don't patronise shops. U will need electrician to connect the wire to change over. as for the cage, depends on what you have, you can build a big one just make sure there is space for cross ventilation and also note incase of downpour to avoid splash of water on it.
Thanks a lot. I was actually considering getting from a shop as their offices are closed at the moment. I guess I will have to be patient until the lockdown is lifted. Thanks again
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Larryage(m): 11:19am On Apr 29, 2020
Good Day House,
Please I'm considering buying Elepaq Constant 4.5Kva SV6800.
Is the product advisable?
What are the checks to be done to be sure it is original constant?
thank you.

1 Like

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by gerrisson(m): 2:13pm On Apr 29, 2020
I just bought a Sumec SP4000 gen rated 3KW.
I want to know if this gen can power any of my 1HP or 1.5HP air conditioners. I have the bigger one in my parlor and the smaller one in my bedroom.
But I am afraid to overburden the new gen and potentially ruin it.
I understand 1HP - is 730KW, but still I am worried about the talked about power surge in air conditioners.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by cuvox(m): 4:16pm On Apr 29, 2020
suco01:

2.605 = 3.263

BUT

3.5kva is good

Brands
TEC
Lutian
Elemax

Thanks alot. I hope to substitute. The fans and iron will likely be off when the pumping machine is on.

Thanks for your reply. One thing else, is there a sigh or some features to recognize a good Lutian or Elemax Product? Incase I can't get TEC from the showroom.

And can you suggest a price range?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by zamanii: 4:29pm On Apr 29, 2020
suco01:

You're welcome
Please can a 2.5kva generator carry a 1.5hp AC?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Nobody: 5:30pm On Apr 29, 2020
Please where can I buy half engine for 2.9kva generator in Lagos (used or new) I need it urgently
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by ELff: 6:03pm On Apr 29, 2020
suco01:

Generator will always produce heat, just make sure u put your generator in an open space for cross ventilation.

Alright, thank you for your response. I will ensure that.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by suco01(m): 6:48pm On Apr 29, 2020
cuvox:

Thanks alot. I hope to substitute. The fans and iron will likely be off when the pumping machine is on.

Thanks for your reply. One thing else, is there a sigh or some features to recognize a good Lutian or Elemax Product? Incase I can't get TEC from the showroom.

And can you suggest a price range?

TEC will always be available. For Lutian/Elemax and other brands go with an engineer. As fake don too much for market
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by suco01(m): 6:49pm On Apr 29, 2020
jackslow:
Please where can I buy half engine for 2.9kva generator in Lagos (used or new) I need it urgently

oyingbo market but go with your engineer

1 Like

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by suco01(m): 6:50pm On Apr 29, 2020
ELff:

Alright, thank you for your response. I will ensure that.
u wlcm
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by suco01(m): 6:52pm On Apr 29, 2020
zamanii:

Please can a 2.5kva generator carry a 1.5hp AC?
yes but the generator will suffer
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by zamanii: 2:53am On Apr 30, 2020
suco01:

yes but the generator will suffer
I don't want the generator to suffer. What would you advice I doo boss?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by suco01(m): 5:42am On Apr 30, 2020
zamanii:

I don't want the generator to suffer. What would you advice I doo boss?

Get 3.5kva

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (368) (Reply)

##ORDER LAPTOPS,PHONES,TABLETS,CLOTHES FRM USA,UK,GERMANY& DUBAI TO NIGERIA / Scuit: Shop & Ship From China, USA, Dubai & UK (Express, Cargo & Shipping) / Buy Plasma, Lcd And Led Televisions For Affordable Pricein Lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.