Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,902 members, 7,828,183 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:48 AM

Professor On Any Type Of Generator. - Technology Market (135) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Professor On Any Type Of Generator. (794025 Views)

What Brand Of Generator Can I Buy? / Professor On Any Type Of Solar Installations / Kara Nigeria‬ Offers The Best Prices Of Generator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (369) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by 2felix(m): 3:06pm On Apr 16, 2020
2felix:
enochogaga: Tec major has the real 6.5hp engine, while the rest are Chinese brands are 5.5 .

THANK U SIR.. .. PLS I REDUCED THE SPEED OF MY TEC MAJOR TO THE BEAREST LEVEL CAUSE I PUT IT BY MY WINDOW , NOW I M OK WITH D NOISE LEVEL AND IT STILL CARRY MY 200 LITRE FRIDGE BUT THE VOTAGE DIGITAL DISPLAY SHOWS 204 OR 213 SOMETIMES. I DON'T KNOW IF ITS THE AVR OR IS THE REDUCED FIRING. SHOULD I BE WORRIED OR CONTINUE TO USE IT LIKE THAT?
pls answer this
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Blofeld(m): 3:17pm On Apr 16, 2020
Hello Engr EnochOgaga, many thanks for the good work, apt responses and advise. My SUMEC FIRMAN 2500 generator suddenly stopped producing power yesterday. My appliances stopped working but the gen was still running. My mechanic came to check it this morning and said that the AVR was bad. He replaced the AVR with another component he called an ''iron diode''. He explained that the diode works like a capacitor on tiger engines that i should never consider increasing the speed of the generator because the output voltage can be too high.

The gen is working fine but do you think i should install a proper AVR on the gen or should i just continue running the gen with the iron diode??

Expecting your response.

Thank you!
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by uhuns: 6:08pm On Apr 16, 2020
Chidegu:
would love to but not now.
hi, cant seem to access my email for the moment?
if it can wait no wahala.
if not drop your telephone details.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by eightsin(m): 6:15pm On Apr 16, 2020
Blofeld:
Hello Engr EnochOgaga, many thanks for the good work, apt responses and advise. My SUMEC FIRMAN 2500 generator suddenly stopped producing power yesterday. My appliances stopped working but the gen was still running. My mechanic came to check it this morning and said that the AVR was bad. He replaced the AVR with another component he called an ''iron diode''. He explained that the diode works like a capacitor on tiger engines that i should never consider increasing the speed of the generator because the output voltage can be too high.

The gen is working fine but do you think i should install a proper AVR on the gen or should i just continue running the gen with the iron diode??

Expecting your response.

Thank you!

What exactly is your reason for jettisoning th recommended AVR? I'd suggest you replace with an AVR as that is a higher technology as it stabilises voltage

1 Like

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by ChrisXFT(m): 7:38am On Apr 17, 2020
Good Day Everyone, especially the Gen. Professor and everyone keeping this thread informative. God bless you.

Pls I want to know the best Gen recommendations for a household between 1.5-3.5kva capacity. Good fairly used one can also be recommended. Thanks
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Chimzy4real: 11:17am On Apr 17, 2020
Please what makes a gen come on and goes off immediately when the choke is increased.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Ias1: 11:21am On Apr 17, 2020
allansie:

Infact i dont understand too...the maximum i jave gotten from my junior max gen is 1 litre for 2hrs...but have been seeing people here saying 'reducing firing screw and loosing the caburetor'...which i dont understand...buh i would love someone to show us the real picture where those stuffs are situated so we can learn....because i would love my gen too to be using 1litre for 3 or 4 hrs ooo....@lilclin.....and @enochogaga
can someone assist with this request. Thank you
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by yesloaded: 12:25pm On Apr 17, 2020
Ias1:
can someone assist with this request. Thank you
load also contribute to fuel consumption, btw I would have assist as regard the image but honestly I didn't alter anything from my gen since March 2019 I bought it, infact I've not changed spark plugs except engine oil I changed every month.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by cdbaba: 1:59pm On Apr 17, 2020
I need your advise o the prof. This my gen Suzuki SV700H consumes fuel too much. It is like the small tiger generator but has it's own oil tank.
The gen uses 4 litres of petrol within 4 hours. The load I use on it are 1 49inch TV, 2 no. 32 inch TV, home theatre, small standing fan, 5 10w energy saving bulbs

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by ChrisXFT(m): 2:21pm On Apr 17, 2020
glimpse33:

Here lies your answer.

Fuel efficient
Easy to maintain
Can power TV , bulbs and Generator Iron
. Can I have contact for this for Auchi or Benin in Edo State
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Ias1: 3:06pm On Apr 17, 2020
yesloaded:

load also contribute to fuel consumption, btw I would have assist as regard the image but honestly I didn't alter anything from my gen since March 2019 I bought it, infact I've not changed spark plugs except engine oil I changed every month.
same thing too with mine, i don't load up to half its stated capacity.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Toma2: 3:09pm On Apr 17, 2020
cdbaba:
I need your advise o the prof. This my gen Suzuki SV700H consumes fuel too much. It is like the small tiger generator but has it's own oil tank.
The gen uses 4 litres of petrol within 4 hours. The load I use on it are 1 49inch TV, 2 no. 32 inch TV, home theatre, small standing fan, 5 10w energy saving bulbs
Kini

1 Like

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Bekeee(f): 6:07pm On Apr 18, 2020
Hello prof. Please advise on which of the gen sets to go for. Currently Have a TEC in very good condition and able to power all appliances Including AC. However, I need one which is fuel efficient and will serve for midnight-morning purpose.Thanks to advise
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by opeoyek: 7:35pm On Apr 18, 2020
My firman generator no longer works with remote
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by 2felix(m): 8:31pm On Apr 18, 2020
enochogaga:

Have not seen 3.5kva gen with remote for now.
..... ....
THANK U SIR.. .. PLS I REDUCED THE SPEED OF MY TEC MAJOR TO THE BEAREST LEVEL CAUSE I PUT IT BY MY WINDOW , NOW I M OK WITH D NOISE LEVEL AND IT STILL CARRY MY 200 LITRE FRIDGE BUT THE VOTAGE DIGITAL DISPLAY SHOWS 204 OR 213 SOMETIMES. I DON'T KNOW IF ITS THE AVR OR IS THE REDUCED FIRING. SHOULD I BE WORRIED OR CONTINUE TO USE IT LIKE THAT?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Bobbybob: 8:41pm On Apr 18, 2020
Good day prof. Please advice me. I want to get tec gen cos im hearing its very good. I have seen tec bobo 2500ms and tec optima 2500ms both around 80k. Please which should i go for and why. Also how can i know original TEC cos I'm afraid of fake.

Lastly, what do u think about Lutian gen. Seems very cheap. If u think its good enough please recommend one not more than 80k. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Ukeachu1(m): 11:30pm On Apr 18, 2020
enochogaga:

Reduce the gen speed(firing) and tight the fuel consumption screw

Hello prof. I have a Tec oga6900es 5.5kva gen that works perfectly but consumption of oil is at 1.1 litres for about 12 hrs run time. The oil literally dries up. What could be the cause and how can it be fixed. The generator is just over a year old.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Dainty25(f): 3:07pm On Apr 19, 2020
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by zarakikenpa(m): 8:40pm On Apr 19, 2020
Nice
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Bobbybob: 11:55pm On Apr 19, 2020
Bekeee:
Hello prof. Please advise on which of the gen sets to go for. Currently Have a TEC in very good condition and able to power all appliances Including AC. However, I need one which is fuel efficient and will serve for midnight-morning purpose.Thanks to advise
Why don't you want to go for TEC again?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Ykeyz: 9:31am On Apr 20, 2020
zarakikenpa:
Hello prof. I just got a TEC 2.5kVA sml bobo gen set. I noticed the caburator does not have the screw by the left side for adjustment. The gen works fine but the NOISE is too much. What can I do?
abeg bro kinda share the load on your & fuel consumption on the 2.5 kva.how many hours does 5litres last e.t.c Thanks
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by parkparky(m): 7:13pm On Apr 20, 2020
please does bending generator when there is low fuel cause any damage in the long run
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by zarakikenpa(m): 7:16pm On Apr 20, 2020
Ykeyz:
abeg bro kinda share the load on your & fuel consumption on the 2.5 kva.how many hours does 5litres last e.t.c Thanks

I've not really used it. Just tested it for a few minutes at the shop. Load is 42inch TV, 4 26watt energy saving bulbs, 2 rechargeable fans, tabletop fridge.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Ykeyz: 7:59pm On Apr 20, 2020
zarakikenpa:

I've not really used it. Just tested it for a few minutes. Load is 42inch TV, 4 26watt energy saving bulbs, 2 rechargeable fans, tabletop fridge.
jus want to know the fuel consumption only. Jus let me know when fully tested. Thanks
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Preator: 10:21pm On Apr 21, 2020
Hello Prof,
I tried to pull my gen cord and couldnt. Like it was hooked. I used the gen yesterday and the oil was just changed a month ago. I checked the oil and it hasnt dried up. But the cord still wont pull. What could be wrong,?
Its an Elepaq gen 6.5kva
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by space9880: 12:05pm On Apr 22, 2020
Ykeyz:
how many kva be the generator
3kva running 3.3kva max
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by space9880: 12:06pm On Apr 22, 2020
divo:
ok but u dint answer the other question
which other question sir
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by space9880: 12:10pm On Apr 22, 2020
Yorioye:
Hello Prof! I think my Firman 8990ES is consuming fuel too much, what can i do to reduce its fuel consumption. It's new and hasn't worked much. Thank you!!
is a big Gen fuel consumption should be high
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by space9880: 1:15pm On Apr 22, 2020
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by space9880: 1:16pm On Apr 22, 2020
Capitalo:
Pls I need an advice on the generator that can carry my barbershop comfortably.
I plan on installing 1.5hp AC, 2 fans and television with its sound system.
Can Elepaq 3.5kva do it? ( I'm budgeting 50k)
Please advise and give me options. Thanks.
I don't think it can
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by space9880: 1:24pm On Apr 22, 2020
obisite:

Depends,, but I wonder how 1ltr fuel does 4 hrs,..... me 1k fuel goes 14hours... Though using Tigmax6800..

Out of curiousity
I'm beginning to think fuel differs, some fuel looks kinda reddish, some looks like groundnut oil... I mean colour wise.. I think same way their performance will be....

fuel type matters bro some fuel lasts longer than others I experimented.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by obisite: 2:11pm On Apr 22, 2020
space9880:

fuel type matters bro some fuel lasts longer than others I experimented.

I guess as much, not to now talk of fuel metre pump....., 1k fuel goes fir me 4days..7pm-10pm each day.. Last day 7pm - quarter to 10..or 9:30pm

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (369) (Reply)

##ORDER LAPTOPS,PHONES,TABLETS,CLOTHES FRM USA,UK,GERMANY& DUBAI TO NIGERIA / Scuit: Shop & Ship From China, USA, Dubai & UK (Express, Cargo & Shipping) / Buy Plasma, Lcd And Led Televisions For Affordable Pricein Lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.