Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,153 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:39 AM

Professor On Any Type Of Generator. - Technology Market (147) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Professor On Any Type Of Generator. (784602 Views)

What Brand Of Generator Can I Buy? / Professor On Any Type Of Solar Installations / Kara Nigeria‬ Offers The Best Prices Of Generator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (368) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by NobleEngineer(m): 6:50pm On May 25, 2020
suco01:

Its a Tec Junior. I just bought it today.
Is it the screw with the red arrow?

which generator are u you using? it's on the caburator, it's in - (flat) screw if you don't get it, upload the caburator of your generator and I will point it out for you

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Ykeyz: 6:59pm On May 25, 2020
suco01:

That your tec Bobo max is 2.2kva. u complained of fuel consumption. I want you to power it without the freezer by follow this steps

Empty the tank
put 2 litres fuel in it and make sure the generator is slightly bend to the fuel tap side because I want u to use up the fuel and confirm the number of hours it will work to empty the 2 litres fuel. If the 2 litres gives u less than 4hrs, I guess the generator need to be checked but if it gives you between 4hrs and more then that freezer is the culprit
boss suco weldone sir, about d gen after I called the thermocool office to send their engineer to come check it, he came & adjusted the firing screw only, after I empty d tank finished, I added 2litres of fuel to confirm if it will give me 4hrs+, but it gave me jus 3hrs. On this load is... 32" inch TV, DVD & 135 watts ox fan. I didn't included my 200litres fridge,What could be the cause of the newly generator Tec 2.2kva to be drinking fuel like that... Please tell me what to work on on. Thanks
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by suco01(m): 7:34pm On May 25, 2020
Ykeyz:
boss suco weldone sir, about d gen after I called the thermocool office to send their engineer to come check it, he came & adjusted the firing screw only, after I empty d tank finished, I added 2litres of fuel to confirm if it will give me 4hrs+, but it gave me jus 3hrs. On this load is... 32" inch TV, DVD & 135 watts ox fan. I didn't included my 200litres fridge,What could be the cause of the newly generator Tec 2.2kva to be drinking fuel like that... Please tell me what to work on on. Thanks

On this note you will have to live with that way, also some said datasheet, if that's what the data sheet says you will have to adopt it. if you're on Whatsapp chat me, will need to see pics of your carburator
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by suco01(m): 7:37pm On May 25, 2020
[quote author=NobleEngineer post=89954031][/quote]

Yes and someone said tec generator doesn't have fuel screw
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Ykeyz: 8:59pm On May 25, 2020
suco01:

On this note you will have to live with that way, also some said datasheet, if that's what the data sheet says you will have to adopt it. if you're on Whatsapp chat me, will need to see pics of your carburator
ok give me your number sir
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by suco01(m): 9:31pm On May 25, 2020
Ykeyz:
ok give me your number sir
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Jire1(m): 9:34pm On May 25, 2020
Good evening gurus, please I need your help my small generator TG 1550 is giving me problem. the light is always low, when ever I tried to increase it and the sound is high, please I need your opinion what is the problem?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by NobleEngineer(m): 7:13am On May 26, 2020
I bought a Tec junior Gen yesterday and on starting the Gen I noticed the Gen sound was high, also my TV-guard was on red, meaning high voltage.
So I loosened the screw underneath the tank, the voltage dropped, the noise also reduced...but I noticed immediately that the Gen is vibrating more... Pls is this vibration safe for my Gen

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by SolomonGrundy: 9:44am On May 26, 2020
NobleEngineer:
I bought a Tec junior Gen yesterday and on starting the Gen I noticed the Gen sound was high, also my TV-guard was on red, meaning high voltage.
So I loosened the screw underneath the tank, the voltage dropped, the noise also reduced...but I noticed immediately that the Gen is vibrating more... Pls is this vibration safe for my Gen
I tink there is anoda screw u need to touch a bit to make it balance. Just wait for the experts to come nd put u thru. How much did u get d gen?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by glimpse33(m): 11:41am On May 26, 2020
NobleEngineer:

High voltage = more fuel consumption

Low voltage = Gen vibration, which means it's struggling to work. The coil will soon be damaged

So, keep increasing the current until the vibration stops, then leave it like that!

2 Likes

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by unex50: 11:53am On May 26, 2020
Ykeyz:
My brother nothing is wrong with your Generator, it is working exactly the way it is supposed to work.... have you checked the data sheet for TEC Bobo, somebody posted it here earlier, you are getting exactly what the data sheet says.... Don't forget it is a big Generator with capacity bigger than an I pass my neighbor Generator or the TEC junior equivalent, with capacity comes more higher fuel consumption... It is like using a Toyota camery and expecting the fuel efficiency of a Toyota corolla.... Their engine capacity and fuel efficiency are different and you will see it in their data sheet.

Anyone telling you that their 2.5KVA with Max output of 2.2KVA gives them 4h+ plus is not telling you the truth or the person has not really taken time to check the fuel consumption.... Only a Generators with the engine capacity of TEC Junior or Tiger I pass my neighbor will give you such fuel economy..... Your TEC bobo is very much OK.... No go spoil am.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by unex50: 12:08pm On May 26, 2020
Another thing, tampering with those screws on the carburetor mightvproduce unexpected results, from low voltage, misfiring, high voltage, current fluctuation to spoiling the coil in matter of months.... I will advise that you leave the Gen the way it came.... My TEC junior last me for 2h+ for a litre of fuel.... I know the sound can be loud though and the voltage seem kind of high....your best bet is to let a qualified technician look at it if it bothers you that much.... But no too tamper with am.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by NobleEngineer(m): 3:08pm On May 26, 2020
I was surprised yesterday when I got home with my new tec junior and noise was loud with high voltage, I thought something was wrong and then began to toy around with the screws.
unex50:
Another thing, tampering with those screws on the carburetor mightvproduce unexpected results, from low voltage, misfiring, high voltage, current fluctuation to spoiling the coil in matter of months.... I will advise that you leave the Gen the way it came.... My TEC junior last me for 2h+ for a litre of fuel .... I know the sound can be loud though and the voltage seem kind of high ....your best bet is to let a qualified technician look at it if it bothers you that much.... But no too tamper with am.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by NobleEngineer(m): 3:10pm On May 26, 2020
SolomonGrundy:
I tink there is anoda screw u need to touch a bit to make it balance. Just wait for the experts to come nd put u thru. How much did u get d gen?
Tec junior bought it 60k yesterday plus oil 1k = N61,000

1 Like

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by SolomonGrundy: 3:33pm On May 26, 2020
NobleEngineer:

Tec junior bought it 60k yesterday plus oil 1k = N61,000
Okay. Thanks! Did u test run d gen in d shop b4 taking it home?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by suco87: 3:38pm On May 26, 2020
unex50:
Another thing, tampering with those screws on the carburetor mightvproduce unexpected results, from low voltage, misfiring, high voltage, current fluctuation to spoiling the coil in matter of months.... I will advise that you leave the Gen the way it came.... My TEC junior last me for 2h+ for a litre of fuel.... I know the sound can be loud though and the voltage seem kind of high....your best bet is to let a qualified technician look at it if it bothers you that much.... But no too tamper with am.

For the information
screws on carburator are there for a purpose not a design for fashion. it is expected that they are for adjustment. All those carburator are always set at high capacity usage default and I believe you don't expect someone who wanted to use it at low/average capacity to leave it that way with the noise and high volt. if a technician check it, he is likely to adjust it and make sure the work balance.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by suco87: 3:45pm On May 26, 2020
NobleEngineer:

High voltage make the TV guard on red.
High voltage/firing powerr means more fuel consumption
your generator will surely vibrate. when you want to DIY u are not only to adjust the screw under the tank alone. u have to adjust the firing screw on the caburator too. Look at it very well there is connection between the screw under the tank and the firing screw on carburator. if both are not adjusted right to align your gen will surely vibrate.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by NobleEngineer(m): 4:25pm On May 26, 2020
SolomonGrundy:
Okay. Thanks! Did u test run d gen in d shop b4 taking it home?
Yes before leaving the shop, we put engine oil, sprayed fuel into the carburettor and started the engine before leaving!
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by NobleEngineer(m): 4:28pm On May 26, 2020
suco87:

High voltage make the TV guard on red.
High voltage/firing powerr means more fuel consumption
your generator will surely vibrate. when you want to DIY u are not only to adjust the screw under the tank alone. u have to adjust the firing screw on the caburator too. Look at it very well there is connection between the screw under the tank and the firing screw on carburator. if both are not adjusted right to align your gen will surely vibrate.
Thanks. Yes I've seen both screws, am I supposed to loosen both screws? or loosen one and tighten the other?
because when I loosened both screws, the Gen speed and sound dropped and my tv guide turn green...but the only issue is with the noticeable increase in Gen body vibration.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Ias1: 5:02pm On May 26, 2020
NobleEngineer:

Thanks. Yes I've seen both screws, am I supposed to loosen both screws? or loosen one and tighten the other?
because when I loosened both screws, the Gen speed and sound dropped and my tv guide turn green...but the only issue is with the noticeable increase in Gen body vibration.
Hello, can you share a picture of the two screws?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by SolomonGrundy: 5:02pm On May 26, 2020
NobleEngineer:

Yes before leaving the shop, we put engine oil, sprayed fuel into the carburettor and started the engine before leaving!
Okay.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by suco87: 6:23pm On May 26, 2020
NobleEngineer:

The vibration/dragging is because it's too low/reduced and the settings not balanced. if you are reducing it both make sure you regulate it to balance and vice versa. just get an engineer to regulate it for you.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by suco87: 6:26pm On May 26, 2020
Ias1:
Hello, can you share a picture of the two screws?

Get an engineer to do it for you. cos this DIY is now becoming an issue here
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by rhymz(m): 6:28pm On May 26, 2020
NobleEngineer:

Which screws are you guys talking about, the one under my carburetor started leaking fuel immediately I unscrewed it came tight.... I will like to adjust it it really works....
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by uvbiakpo: 7:11pm On May 26, 2020
My Sumec Firman SPG 1800 would go off on its own after running for like 2hrs..However, I had a short circuit prior to this time..I took it to a technician he said we should change the ignition coil we did but the problem still persist.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Liftedhands(f): 7:17pm On May 26, 2020
Please how often should I change the oil in my gen? Plus which is best, to top it up or drain out old oil completely and refill?

Somebody help me out here please thanks .
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by nasonaso: 8:13pm On May 26, 2020
enochogaga:

It can't power the pump machine

Hello prof I need to get a thermocool gen. I want to power a borehole then after that. I intend powering a 2h.p non inverter Ac a fridge and a tv. What is the best series to go 4 my budget is 160k max.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by aieromon(m): 8:14pm On May 26, 2020
Liftedhands:
Please how often should I change the oil in my gen? Plus which is best, to top it up or drain out old oil completely and refill?

Somebody help me out here please thanks .

Drain out and refill after every 100 hours of operation

2 Likes

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Liftedhands(f): 8:33pm On May 26, 2020
aieromon:

Drain out and refill after every 100 hours of operation
wow! Just 4 days? shocked here I was thinking it's monthly. Thanks a lot.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by aieromon(m): 8:40pm On May 26, 2020
Liftedhands:
wow! Just 4 days? shocked here I was thinking it's monthly. Thanks a lot.

Not 4 days. 100 hours of operation refers to runtime hours of the generator. If you run the generator an average of 4 to 6 hours daily, then you should change the oil once every month.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (368) (Reply)

##ORDER LAPTOPS,PHONES,TABLETS,CLOTHES FRM USA,UK,GERMANY& DUBAI TO NIGERIA / Buy Plasma, Lcd And Led Televisions For Affordable Pricein Lagos. / Scuit: Shop & Ship From China, USA, Dubai & UK (Express, Cargo & Shipping)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.