Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,355 members, 7,819,258 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

Professor On Any Type Of Generator. - Technology Market (243) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Professor On Any Type Of Generator. (789695 Views)

What Brand Of Generator Can I Buy? / Professor On Any Type Of Solar Installations / Kara Nigeria‬ Offers The Best Prices Of Generator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) ... (368) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Sportwin(m): 9:35am On Aug 21, 2021
nonny1212:
My AC is hisense from fouani showroom. Thermocool no get fake. Also bought from Thermocool showroom.

Your fact even hard others believe.
did i mention hisense anywhere , i specifically posted the pic of the ac and model number to go with it
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by dlight23: 9:44am On Aug 21, 2021
Pls gurus in the house. How reliable are these tests

1. using magnet to test the authenticity of a corper coil.

2. using the anti fake code to confirm originality of the generator.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by ringi82(m): 10:13am On Aug 21, 2021
cortix:

This country things can not be stable for even within the shortest duration.
Yesso. That's why it's better to buy your things now once you have the means. Don't wait make e fall. What goes up hardly comes down in naija. Experience don teach me dat one.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Gptech(m): 10:27am On Aug 21, 2021
Sportwin:

sir thats the gen junior max , i snapped both didnt i
Well, if that's the case, I doubt the power written on the AC, might be 1Hp actually, but even at that, it's surprising. That's what Nigeria has been reduced to, standards are not being followed. Was just checking out Silver crest blender some days ago because of the advertised 4500W power. Only for me to check a Nigerian review on YouTube and was surprised the lady could power it with a small generator ( likely 1.5kva from her description). What this means is that the blended is actually less than 1000W ( no wonder it couldn't crush ice as advertised). If you check online reviews on the best blenders from Vitamix, Hamilton and the likes, you'll see that powerful blenders that can crush ice are hardly even up to 2000W.

2 Likes

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Wizdeen(m): 12:06pm On Aug 21, 2021
Hello everyone, how una dey today?

Abeg oh, whats the most reliable and affordable gen to get for first timers in the market now to power a laptop, fan and TV.

Preferably 1.5-1.8kva

Thank you
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by nonny1212: 12:31pm On Aug 21, 2021
Sportwin:

did i mention hisense anywhere , i specifically posted the pic of the ac and model number to go with it
Oga you dey confuse yourself. Bone the matter. E carry o, E no carry o, Case closed.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Sportwin(m): 1:01pm On Aug 21, 2021
nonny1212:
Oga you dey confuse yourself. Bone the matter. E carry o, E no carry o, Case closed.

i confused myself ?
fr?
like i wasnt clear enough ?
who brought in hisense when i specifically said polystAR WITH PICTURE AND MOBILE NUMBER ?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Sportwin(m): 1:03pm On Aug 21, 2021
Gptech:

Well, if that's the case, I doubt the power written on the AC, might be 1Hp actually, but even at that, it's surprising. That's what Nigeria has been reduced to, standards are not being followed. Was just checking out Silver crest blender some days ago because of the advertised 4500W power. Only for me to check a Nigerian review on YouTube and was surprised the lady could power it with a small generator ( likely 1.5kva from her description). What this means is that the blended is actually less than 1000W ( no wonder it couldn't crush ice as advertised). If you check online reviews on the best blenders from Vitamix, Hamilton and the likes, you'll see that powerful blenders that can crush ice are hardly even up to 2000W.
I Only stated my observation
once again 2 truths can co-exist
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Gptech(m): 1:19pm On Aug 21, 2021
Sportwin:

I Only stated my observation
once again 2 truths can co-exist
Yeah.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Gptech(m): 1:19pm On Aug 21, 2021
Wizdeen:
Hello everyone, how una dey today?

Abeg oh, whats the most reliable and affordable gen to get for first timers in the market now to power a laptop, fan and TV.

Preferably 1.5-1.8kva

Thank you
Tec junior.

2 Likes

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Akell(m): 3:43pm On Aug 21, 2021
Benard5050:

But those who are using d product can tell others if it's 100%copper or not and from that others will be aware.

Only meticulous physical inspection can tell if a product is � copper or not.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Agbalagbi2013: 9:35pm On Aug 21, 2021
Please Prof and every other gurus in the house, what capacity of generator will I need to power an office with 4 ACs of 1.5hp each and few lightening bulbs. The ACs are the major consideration. Thanks.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by fashrola(m): 1:42am On Aug 22, 2021
dlight23:
Pls gurus in the house. How reliable are these tests

1. using magnet to test the authenticity of a corper coil.

2. using the anti fake code to confirm originality of the generator.

Trust me no roadside dealer will allow you to perform this test in their shop, always go to accredited dealer to buy your generator and have peace of mind
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by carsy(f): 4:33am On Aug 22, 2021
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Kingsdave(m): 4:34am On Aug 22, 2021
Please house can sumec fireman SPG 3000 carry my 1.5 hp Thermocool non inverter Ac ,and thermocool small fridge plus my 50 inches TV... note we usually have light my side ... i will be using the Gen for the AC once in a while... and whenever i use the AC i will surely off my small fridge
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by carsy(f): 4:37am On Aug 22, 2021
Gptech:

At least a 1.5kva gen should do.
Please what good brand can you recommend?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Gptech(m): 8:31am On Aug 22, 2021
carsy:
Please what good brand can you recommend?
Go for Thermocool TEC junior.

1 Like

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by DoggoneDogg: 12:44pm On Aug 22, 2021
Gptech:

Mr. Professor, biko my gen fluctuates current.
I use a surge protector & when my gen is on, it goes off all the time which means the current drops below 140v.

What should be fixed in the gen to stop this?

Thanks.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Gptech(m): 1:18pm On Aug 22, 2021
DoggoneDogg:

Mr. Professor, biko my gen fluctuates current.
I use a surge protector & when my gen is on, it goes off all the time which means the current drops below 140v.

What should be fixed in the gen to stop this?

Thanks.
What type of gen? Should be either capacitor or AVR depending of which the gen uses.

PLEASE, I AM NOT THE PROFESSOR, we are just assisting in ways we can.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by DoggoneDogg: 1:21pm On Aug 22, 2021
Gptech:

What type of gen? Should be either capacitor or AVR depending of which the gen uses.

PLEASE, I AM NOT THE PROFESSOR, we are just assisting in ways we can.

Sumec Firman - capacitor.

So once the capacitor is changed, no more fluctuation??
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by carsy(f): 4:51pm On Aug 22, 2021
Thank you very much
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by carsy(f): 4:53pm On Aug 22, 2021
Thank you very much.
Gptech:

Go for Thermocool TEC junior.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by spamboot: 7:34pm On Aug 22, 2021
Hello house, please what your opinion about this gen Elepaq senwei eco 2200 and is 1.8 kva the true load capacity.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Gptech(m): 9:24pm On Aug 22, 2021
DoggoneDogg:

Sumec Firman - capacitor.

So once the capacitor is changed, no more fluctuation??

Before going the capacitor route, is the running speed low? Have you tried to increase the speed and see if the voltage increases?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Wizdeen(m): 9:26pm On Aug 22, 2021
Hello boss,

Just came across a fairly used Thermocool BoboMax recoil series.

I intend to take a mechanic to inspect the gen as the owner had assured me its the one she currently uses but in urgent need of money.

What do you think i should be looking out for and how often should one run maintenace on the gen?

Thanks bro

Gptech:

Tec junior.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by DoggoneDogg: 9:30pm On Aug 22, 2021
Gptech:

Before going the capacitor route, is the running speed low? Have you tried to increase the speed and see if the voltage increases?

I don't know how to do that.
Is it the same thing as "highing the gen"?? grin
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Gptech(m): 9:59pm On Aug 22, 2021
DoggoneDogg:

I don't know how to do that.
Is it the same thing as "highing the gen"?? grin
Yes, high am first grin.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by DoggoneDogg: 10:01pm On Aug 22, 2021
Gptech:

Yes, high am first grin.

Lol grin

Done this before but the noise no be here. Scared of doing it more
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Gptech(m): 10:02pm On Aug 22, 2021
Wizdeen:
Hello boss,

Just came across a fairly used Thermocool BoboMax recoil series.

I intend to take a mechanic to inspect the gen as the owner had assured me its the one she currently uses but in urgent need of money.

What do you think i should be looking out for and how often should one run maintenace on the gen?

Thanks bro

Should check that the coil especially has not been tampered with. Assuming everything goes well, you won't be needing the services of a mechanic if you change oil regularly, say after 60-70 hours of use.

1 Like

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Gptech(m): 10:03pm On Aug 22, 2021
DoggoneDogg:

Lol grin

Done this before but the noise no be here. Scared of doing it more
If doing it increased the voltage, do it gently till it gets to 2020-230V. When was the last time you changed your oil?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by DoggoneDogg: 10:16pm On Aug 22, 2021
Gptech:

If doing it increased the voltage, do it gently till it gets to 2020-230V. When was the last time you changed your oil?

Doing it increased the noise
Oil change like every month. Will do before next use sef

Note: I was advised to always empty old oil completely before pouring new oil. What does this mean??
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Gptech(m): 10:52pm On Aug 22, 2021
DoggoneDogg:

Doing it increased the noise
Oil change like every month. Will do before next use sef

Note: I was advised to always empty old oil completely before pouring new oil. What does this mean??
If increasing the noise makes it work then manage the noise. Is the noise louder than other similar sized generators?
The normal way to change oil is complete replacement unless your engine is experiencing oil shortage, that's when you can top it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) ... (368) (Reply)

##ORDER LAPTOPS,PHONES,TABLETS,CLOTHES FRM USA,UK,GERMANY& DUBAI TO NIGERIA / Scuit: Shop & Ship From China, USA, Dubai & UK (Express, Cargo & Shipping) / Buy Plasma, Lcd And Led Televisions For Affordable Pricein Lagos.

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.