Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,436 members, 7,830,195 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

Professor On Any Type Of Generator. - Technology Market (240) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Professor On Any Type Of Generator. (794833 Views)

What Brand Of Generator Can I Buy? / Professor On Any Type Of Solar Installations / Kara Nigeria‬ Offers The Best Prices Of Generator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) ... (369) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Rhaspody(m): 11:42am On Aug 02, 2021
dreaizy:
Hi, recently, my generator sometimes remove blue smoke for about 30 sec to 1 minute after starting it. Then it goes back to working normally.
It's a 1.2kva Okayama gen.
Pls, what is your diagnosis?

Okayama is a solid generator. Might be engine oil
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Rhaspody(m): 12:22pm On Aug 02, 2021
michlins:
I'm in Nnewi and very few people sell genuine oil especially with the recent hike in price of oil. The only two shops I know don't have it for now

Look for hardex 10w-30. I'm using it currently.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by warrenweste(m): 12:54pm On Aug 02, 2021
Rhaspody:

Okayama is a solid generator. Might be engine oil

Are you currently using it? If so which of the model
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by michlins(m): 1:26pm On Aug 02, 2021
Rhaspody:

Look for hardex 10w-30. I'm using it currently.
how much does it go for sir
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by 2felix(m): 2:43pm On Aug 02, 2021
fashrola:

That Tec Optima major 3.5kva na small but mighty generator, I search for the whole Thermocool shop but it was out of stock, but I was lucky to see one on jiji, the owner was just broke and wanted to sell....

The only issue was the kick starter (Changed it for 5k and bought new battery).... I bought it for 120k and the gen was still looking brand new .... And the generator is very sexy grin

It carries my washing machine (Though it's an Inverter washing machine) and my 200 L chest freezer comfortably with TV

You can even remove the tire without need for spanner and it's not heavy
How much did you buy the battery?
Mine is getting weak
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Rhaspody(m): 3:28pm On Aug 02, 2021
michlins:
how much does it go for sir

5 ltr 15k
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Rhaspody(m): 3:37pm On Aug 02, 2021
warrenweste:

Are you currently using it? If so which of the model

The 2.5kva

1 Like

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by jeffriano: 5:45pm On Aug 02, 2021
Gptech:

It's a great deal assuming nothing has been tampered with and every other thing works fine. Get a mechanic to help you inspect it.

Hi Prof,

I got the generator (thermocool Oga Max 6900ES) today, but I noticed the V.F.T display doesn't work. What could be the cause, and can it be fixed?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Gptech(m): 10:51pm On Aug 02, 2021
jeffriano:

Hi Prof,

I got the generator (thermocool Oga Max 6900ES) today, but I noticed the V.F.T display doesn't work. What could be the cause, and can it be fixed?
Don't know if it can be fixed but seller should have told you everything about the gen na.

BTW, I AM NOT THE PROF ooooo.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by jeffriano: 5:07am On Aug 03, 2021
Gptech:

Don't know if it can be fixed but seller should have told you everything about the gen na.

BTW, I AM NOT THE PROF ooooo.

Unfortunately, he didn't. He claimed only the battery was faulty.

Okay, thanks Oga Gptech.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Tobichuks08: 7:07am On Aug 03, 2021
jeffriano:

Hi Prof,

how much did u buy this?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by jeffriano: 7:21am On Aug 03, 2021
Tobichuks08:
how much did u buy this?

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by nonny1212: 12:30pm On Aug 03, 2021
jeffriano:

in this 2021?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by solaiphones: 2:07pm On Aug 03, 2021
nonny1212:
in this 2021?
The price is still fair. new one is sold at the rate of 350k
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by notmyrealmonika: 3:08pm On Aug 03, 2021
Senwei SV3200 1.5kw single phase gasoline generator.
Price: 40k (slightly negotiable)
Condition: working perfectly well.
I bought it brand new in February this year.
Reason for sale: I want to buy a bigger one that can "Carry" iron and washing machine and money never complete.
Interested? Whatsapp 08139193178

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by jeffriano: 3:28pm On Aug 03, 2021
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by tziz(m): 8:32pm On Aug 03, 2021
Good evening house, I've been using a Sumec Firman 2.9Kva generator since 2015 and it's been serving me well, engine has never been worked on, just occasional rope cuts. One time though, the carburetor was changed. Somtime around April, it refused to start, changed the plug, same thing. Called a repairer who opened the Cylinder (first time this is happening) and replaced a valve and the Gen came on again and its been working since then. Problem is, it's now too loud. My Gen used to be quiet. I called up the repairer, he said it's nothing, but I know there's something wrong, the Gen is too loud, I can't even hear the audio from my TV clearly. Please anyone know what's the issue or what caused this? Thanks.

Another thing I noticed is that, pulling the rope now to start it isn't as smooth as before, there's some extra resistance that wasn't there..
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by ShakeDaRoom: 1:25pm On Aug 05, 2021
I'm sure you can find for sale on Jiji
2felix:

How much did you buy the battery?
Mine is getting weak
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by dammywapes(m): 3:08pm On Aug 05, 2021
If you wan start ham e dey do like say e hook like i pass my neighbor gen ?
tziz:
Good evening house, I've been using a Sumec Firman 2.9Kva generator since 2015 and it's been serving me well, engine has never been worked on, just occasional rope cuts. One time though, the carburetor was changed. Somtime around April, it refused to start, changed the plug, same thing. Called a repairer who opened the Cylinder (first time this is happening) and replaced a valve and the Gen came on again and its been working since then. Problem is, it's now too loud. My Gen used to be quiet. I called up the repairer, he said it's nothing, but I know there's something wrong, the Gen is too loud, I can't even hear the audio from my TV clearly. Please anyone know what's the issue or what caused this? Thanks.

Another thing I noticed is that, pulling the rope now to start it isn't as smooth as before, there's some extra resistance that wasn't there..
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by tziz(m): 7:05pm On Aug 06, 2021
dammywapes:
If you wan start ham e dey do like say e hook like i pass my neighbor gen ?
Yes, somehow like that
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by dammywapes(m): 8:29pm On Aug 06, 2021
If e dey hook like small gen kna K SHAFT don spoil so... kna #1,500 + workmanship #1,000 total #2,500
tziz:

Yes, somehow like that
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by cassette(m): 12:04pm On Aug 07, 2021
Bro’s please can thermocouple Bobo 2800ms carry 1hp ac and bedside fridge ?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Gptech(m): 10:07pm On Aug 07, 2021
cassette:
Bro’s please can thermocouple Bobo 2800ms carry 1hp ac and bedside fridge ?
You have found out right?

1 Like

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Jaiytech: 11:31am On Aug 08, 2021
Please what kind of big gen will power an entire building of 24 flats and will carry everything including fridges, AC, electric cookers etc?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by michlins(m): 12:17pm On Aug 08, 2021
Jaiytech:
Please what kind of big gen will power an entire building of 24 flats and will carry everything including fridges, AC, electric cookers etc?
this will be very big generator oh
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Ias1: 12:20pm On Aug 08, 2021
Jaiytech:
'flat' is a relative term, could be a 1 bedroom flat or 3 bedroom flat. State the typical appliance for each 'flat' so the Ogas can recommend the kva that can power them.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Jaiytech: 2:27pm On Aug 08, 2021
Ias1:
'flat' is a relative term, could be a 1 bedroom flat or 3 bedroom flat. State the typical appliance for each 'flat' so the Ogas can recommend the kva that can power them.

2 & 3 bedrooms.
Appliances include iron, cooker, refrigerator, AC, possibly heater, microwave and other basics
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Ias1: 3:37pm On Aug 08, 2021
Jaiytech:

2 & 3 bedrooms.
Appliances include iron, cooker, refrigerator, AC, possibly heater, microwave and other basics
That's around 7.5kva - 10kva per flat (if everything is put on) Na like 200kva gen you go need.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Gptech(m): 7:31pm On Aug 08, 2021
Ias1:

That's around 7.5kva - 10kva per flat (if everything is put on) Na like 200kva gen you go need.
Or even 300 grin.

2 Likes

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Ias1: 7:40pm On Aug 08, 2021
Gptech:

Or even 300 grin.
grin grin
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by osayuwamwen(m): 11:30pm On Aug 08, 2021
Pls I need a good generator, with fuel economical and low noise that can power a 1.5hp submersible pump efficiently
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Gnar: 1:44am On Aug 09, 2021
Jaiytech:

2 & 3 bedrooms.

Get a quote from the likes of MANTRAC (CAT), Cummings, and Perkins (or their associate assemblers using Perkins internals, such as FG Wilson, Mikano).

Consult a knowledgeable gen technician as well to get an inside scope. For instance, I believe CAT generators are reliable, but maintenance is expensive. Assembled Perkins are common with readily-available parts at relatively modest prices; but can be a drag if the head of your servicer isn't screwed on right.

Also, depending on location, get in touch with your DISCO or a private firm with excess power output to get a dedicated line.

The latter is the most cost-effective solution. Use the generator for backup. The running cost of a diesel generator with high capacity is obscene. Solar isn't that much of an alternative either. The upfront cost will build a new [albeit smaller] property from scratch; not to mention space requirement for the panels of a three-digit KVA installation.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) ... (369) (Reply)

##ORDER LAPTOPS,PHONES,TABLETS,CLOTHES FRM USA,UK,GERMANY& DUBAI TO NIGERIA / Scuit: Shop & Ship From China, USA, Dubai & UK (Express, Cargo & Shipping) / Buy Plasma, Lcd And Led Televisions For Affordable Pricein Lagos.

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.