Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,822,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

Professor On Any Type Of Generator. - Technology Market (275) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Professor On Any Type Of Generator. (790817 Views)

What Brand Of Generator Can I Buy? / Professor On Any Type Of Solar Installations / Kara Nigeria‬ Offers The Best Prices Of Generator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) ... (368) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Gptech(m): 5:33pm On Dec 28, 2021
Parzival001:
Hello guys, happy Christmas
My generator, TEC hustler (the blue one) turns off before the petrol finishes. Is this something to be worried about?
It leaves about 1-2 litres of petrol before turning off

Gptech. I'd be pleased if you reply
Its not up to 2 litres, that's how it is, it's to prevent dirt from getting into the carburetor. Don't attempt to tilt it to use up the fuel.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Gptech(m): 5:34pm On Dec 28, 2021
michlins:
be happy you still have a good generator. The carburetor will hardly develop issues as sludge from the tank and petrol won't be flowing into it
Very true.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Gptech(m): 5:38pm On Dec 28, 2021
mh53:
Please, My thermocool Oga6800es output voltage has been gradually going up for some time now. It’s presently howering at about 267-272 volts and I am scared of turning on most of my electronics. Does anyone have an idea of how best to troubleshoot this issue.
Did you just get it? Does it ever return down or it increases by usage? You should have the AVR checked.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by mh53(m): 5:40pm On Dec 28, 2021
Gptech:

Did you just get it? Does it ever return down or it increases by usage? You should have the AVR checked.
turned out to be the AVR. Sorted out already.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Gptech(m): 5:42pm On Dec 28, 2021
mh53:
turned out to be the AVR. Sorted out already.
Nice. If you replaced it, hope it's an original one you got?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by mh53(m): 6:07pm On Dec 28, 2021
Gptech:
Nice. If you replaced it, hope it's an original one you got?
I got a sumec firman replacement unit. The seller and the technician both claimed it’s original. it fluctuates a bit when i turn on my AC. It’s not really significant but i am still observing. Should I be worried?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Gptech(m): 6:16pm On Dec 28, 2021
mh53:
I got a sumec firman replacement unit. The seller and the technician both claimed it’s original. it fluctuates a bit when i turn on my AC. It’s not really significant but i am still observing. Should I be worried?
So long it's original you have nothing to worry about.

1 Like

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Harryfrosh: 7:42pm On Dec 28, 2021
Hello gurus in the house... Please what do you think about dis 10Kva kemage generator for home use..

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Jossyroyal1: 3:35am On Dec 29, 2021
Gptech

Good morning boss.

I bought a new sumec 3000es generator two months ago and notice it's dropping oil bit by bit from under.

I've checked and can't find any opening

What can be the problem??
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Masterdazhem: 4:30am On Dec 29, 2021
Jossyroyal1:
Gptech

Good morning boss.

I bought a new sumec 3000es generator two months ago and notice it's dropping oil bit by bit from under.

I have exactly this same issue right now, dripping oil right from the under the air filter cover/case. Used mine for over 8months now, bought brand new.

1 Like

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by enochogaga(m): 7:20am On Dec 29, 2021
Is a good one sir

Jossyroyal1:
Gptech

Good morning boss.

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by enochogaga(m): 7:28am On Dec 29, 2021
Make sure the oil is not over gauge. If ur engine is over gauge with oil it will be coming out from there, but then if the valve cover is faulty oil can still be dropping from the cabrator air filter side.
Jossyroyal1:
Gptech

Good morning boss.

1 Like

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by enochogaga(m): 7:30am On Dec 29, 2021
Not sure is there is 1-1.2kva gen with key start.

Bekeee:
Good evening all
Please I need a small generator which operates with key and is very economical.
Have a big haier thermocool gen but it’s no way economical. I use it mostly when There’s power outage for a while and I need to pump water , AC, fridge etc.
Please suggest with price range please.
Thanks
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Gptech(m): 7:41am On Dec 29, 2021
enochogaga:
Is a good one sir

Nice to hear from you prof, hope you are good?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Parzival001(m): 7:48am On Dec 29, 2021
Gptech:

Its not up to 2 litres, that's how it is, it's to prevent dirt from getting into the carburettor. Don't attempt to tilt it to use up the fuel.
Thanks for your reply, I don't have to tilt the gen to use the fuel. It's enough to flow on it's own you get? And this started recently since I started filling up the tank. Before, I'd just get 1k fuel and it'd completely drain it.
When this happened yesterday, I turned it on again and it went on for like 30 mins before turning off again

Also I was wondering if optima has a timer function? Maybe I mistakenly set it or something. Does it?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Parzival001(m): 7:54am On Dec 29, 2021
michlins:
be happy you still have a good generator. The carburetor will hardly develop issues as sludge from the tank and petrol won't be flowing into it
Thanks for your reply sir
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Gptech(m): 8:30am On Dec 29, 2021
Parzival001:

Thanks for your reply, I don't have to tilt the gen to use the fuel. It's enough to flow on it's own you get? And this started recently since I started filling up the tank. Before, I'd just get 1k fuel and it'd completely drain it.
When this happened yesterday, I turned it on again and it went on for like 30 mins before turning off again

Also I was wondering if optima has a timer function? Maybe I mistakenly set it or something. Does it?
There's no timer function, the time there is just running time and total run time. Since you said it just started, it's possible you have had adulterated fuel (maybe there's water in the tank) or there's blockage already preventing enough fuel from getting to the carburetor when fuel level is low.

2 Likes

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Parzival001(m): 9:42am On Dec 29, 2021
Gptech:

There's no timer function, the time there is just running time and total run time. Since you said it just started, it's possible you have had adulterated fuel (maybe there's water in the tank) or there's blockage already preventing enough fuel from getting to the carburetor when fuel level is low.
Ok thank you very much for your time
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by enochogaga(m): 10:33am On Dec 29, 2021
Am good bro

Gptech:

Nice to hear from you prof, hope you are good?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by 234GT(m): 8:45pm On Dec 29, 2021
Good evening gurus in the house.

I use a thermocool gen, 3800 ES.

It has a little issue now. Anytime I switch it off, the engine goes off completely, then the engine comes up again by itself, with thick smoke coming out of the air filter, as if the air filter wants to catch fire.

Please assist with DIY solutions.Thanks.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by michlins(m): 9:00pm On Dec 29, 2021
234GT:

It has a little issue now. Anytime I switch it off, the engine goes off completely, then the engine comes up again by itself, with thick smoke coming out of the air filter, as if the air filter wants to catch fire.

Omo this is magic
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by iamyemiakins(m): 10:21pm On Dec 29, 2021
234GT:

shocked
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by magdayjay(m): 10:17am On Dec 30, 2021
Good day house, can my Sumec Firman SPG 3000E2 rated 2.5Kva power a pressing iron. Your honest/professional/technical response would be highly appreciated. Thanks �

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by tziz(m): 2:58pm On Dec 30, 2021
Hello House, my Sumec Firman 2.9Kva generator suddenly started smoking and using up engine oil too much. The engine oil used to stay intact for months, now I hav to top up oil bfore each use. What might be wrong? Could it be the piston/rings?
Note: generator has been used for 6yrs and the engine has never been opened! Just the carburettor and engine top has been changed.

1 Like

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by BuyAndSellStuff: 3:55pm On Dec 30, 2021
BuyAndSellStuff:

Why?

Oga Olebunne94 answer this question please. Engineer dodging critical question.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Gptech(m): 12:22am On Dec 31, 2021
BuyAndSellStuff:

Oga Olebunne94 answer this question please. Engineer dodging critical question.
U sef like wahala ooo grin.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Harryfrosh: 8:53am On Dec 31, 2021
Finally bought dis generator yesterday... Like the sound... So cool.. But I want to ask the gurus in the house if I can use dis gen to power... 1 smart 32 inches TV... Fridge... Sound system... Dstv... Charge laptop and phone power bank... Three bedrooms energy saving bulbs... 1 ceiling fan and 1 standing fan...

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Gptech(m): 12:55pm On Dec 31, 2021
Harryfrosh:
Finally bought dis generator yesterday... Like the sound... So cool.. But I want to ask the gurus in the house if I can use dis gen to power... 1 smart 32 inches TV... Fridge... Sound system... Dstv... Charge laptop and phone power bank... Three bedrooms energy saving bulbs... 1 ceiling fan and 1 standing fan...
You should have asked before buying. This will power more than thrice the load you stated. What it can power is attached to the tank, check it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by michlins(m): 1:15pm On Dec 31, 2021
Harryfrosh:
how much did you get it for
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by solaiphones: 2:54pm On Dec 31, 2021
Harryfrosh:
Is it up to 200k
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Harryfrosh: 3:04pm On Dec 31, 2021
michlins:
how much did you get it for
bought 140k used...
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Harryfrosh: 3:05pm On Dec 31, 2021
solaiphones:

Is it up to 200k
not even the price... But out out of stock... Went to 2 thermocool showroom... They both said the particular generator is out of stock and the price should be 230k when available.. But their not sure when it'll be available... But I still don't know why a 3.75KVA generator will be over 200k...

(1) (2) (3) ... (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) ... (368) (Reply)

##ORDER LAPTOPS,PHONES,TABLETS,CLOTHES FRM USA,UK,GERMANY& DUBAI TO NIGERIA / Scuit: Shop & Ship From China, USA, Dubai & UK (Express, Cargo & Shipping) / Buy Plasma, Lcd And Led Televisions For Affordable Pricein Lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.