Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,110 members, 7,828,922 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:08 PM

Professor On Any Type Of Generator. - Technology Market (57) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Professor On Any Type Of Generator. (794297 Views)

What Brand Of Generator Can I Buy? / Professor On Any Type Of Solar Installations / Kara Nigeria‬ Offers The Best Prices Of Generator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (369) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by HRHGambino(m): 9:04pm On Feb 16, 2018
Good day Prof,

The choke lever on my 3.8kva Lutian generator 7-8 months old got loose recently and I got my technician to fix it. In the process of tightening it, he said the fuel hose was also leaking fuel. I have not observed any leak around my generator but I felt there was no need to argue with him since he is the expert. He replaced it with another hose and I told him I don't see any cut on my former hose. He said the opening of the hose was wider than it should be. Anyway we tested the gen a few times for a few seconds and all was fine. Fast forward 3 hours later, I put on the gen but it won't come on. After a few tries, it reluctantly came on for about 20 seconds and went off. It hasn't come on again. Could that hose be the problem? Is fuel not being supplied as it should? Should I insist that he replaces it with my original hose? This is a relatively new generator with no faults prior to this time.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by SoaringLife01: 9:47pm On Feb 16, 2018
enochogaga:

have take some few lectures on batteries and what to look at when replacing it battery, I think u should visit or review page 1-5, if u don't find quote me, I will re-take the leture

I can't find it.Please re-take the lecture and where I can buy a good battery for my 2.2KVA TEC Generator.

Thanks!
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by enochogaga(m): 8:00am On Feb 17, 2018
HRHGambino:
Good day Prof,

The choke lever on my 3.8kva Lutian generator 7-8 months old got loose recently and I got my technician to fix it. In the process of tightening it, he said the fuel hose was also leaking fuel. I have not observed any leak around my generator but I felt there was no need to argue with him since he is the expert. He replaced it with another hose and I told him I don't see any cut on my former hose. He said the opening of the hose was wider than it should be. Anyway we tested the gen a few times for a few seconds and all was fine. Fast forward 3 hours later, I put on the gen but it won't come on. After a few tries, it reluctantly came on for about 20 seconds and went off. It hasn't come on again. Could that hose be the problem? Is fuel not being supplied as it should? Should I insist that he replaces it with my original hose? This is a relatively new generator with no faults prior to this time.

except the fuel horse is block totally then there is a problem with horse but is not possible for dirty or something to block fuel horse finally without it not being force inside.
what I suspect is ur cab is either fuel is too much or fuel is is not much for it to run.

Now this is what u will do, remove the fuel hors from the fuel, to confirm that fuel is flowing from the tank, if it flowing, then connect the fuel horse back and on the fuel tap for 5sec and off it back, then start, if it start then on the the fuel line, if it still go off then ur cab need service.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by babajidemd: 11:32am On Feb 17, 2018
babajidemd:
Good day Prof.

Very good work you're doing here.
Please do you have any contacts for Elepaq generators or any way to tell original from fake.

Thank you very much for all the questions you've answered, it's very helpful and enlightening

Good day Prof, please don't forget my request. Thank you in advance
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by zubbyxl: 4:20pm On Feb 17, 2018
Good day Prof,

I have a lutian gen with the following spec: Rated output: 3.2kva, Surge: 3.5kva, HP: 6.5hp

When the gen first came,it can carry my standing fridge 250L and two 42" Tv as well as 3 fans, and the lighting points.

But now it can only carry the fridge and fans, if i add more load, the fire of the gen will go so low and start shaking and jerking, and power will go down, what may be the problem?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by newbornmacho(m): 7:37pm On Feb 17, 2018
Good day and well done. Please budget of 90k a gen that can take 1,5hp Ac, and other things if Ac is off, which do you advise? I want to buy urgently...thanks
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Sammig1(m): 8:36pm On Feb 17, 2018
zubbyxl:
Good day Prof,

I have a lutian gen with the following spec: Rated output: 3.2kva, Surge: 3.5kva, HP: 6.5hp

When the gen first came,it can carry my standing fridge 250L and two 42" Tv as well as 3 fans, and the lighting points.

But now it can only carry the fridge and fans, if i add more load, the fire of the gen will go so low and start shaking and jerking, and power will go down, what may be the problem?

My gen does something similar too and I will love to know too.
At. First it can carry ac fridge and iron (not together at once though)
But now if I want it to carry fridge it has to be on when I switch the gen on. If I switch gen on and then on fridge it will jerk.
If I on iron it will jerk and switch off, I have not tried ac because my ac is bad.
What could be the problem.. Gen is bison power 4800e

1 Like

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Sseenn: 5:52pm On Feb 22, 2018
enochogaga:

dont buy constant elepaq, there are so many ways to spot fake gen,1 the write up, 2. the 100% copper write up, 3. the body build up. just many

Plz, I need more explanation
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by HRHGambino(m): 6:25am On Feb 23, 2018
Thnk you prof. I changed the fuel line, fuel hose and serviced the carburetor. The generator is okay now.

enochogaga:

except the fuel horse is block totally then there is a problem with horse but is not possible for dirty or something to block fuel horse finally without it not being force inside.
what I suspect is ur cab is either fuel is too much or fuel is is not much for it to run.

Now this is what u will do, remove the fuel hors from the fuel, to confirm that fuel is flowing from the tank, if it flowing, then connect the fuel horse back and on the fuel tap for 5sec and off it back, then start, if it start then on the the fuel line, if it still go off then ur cab need service.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by eyamensah(m): 10:04am On Feb 23, 2018
Gud morning prof.
Pls between Sumec Firman, Elepaq and Lutian which of them is the best brand of generator to buy?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by enochogaga(m): 11:58am On Feb 23, 2018
eyamensah:
Gud morning prof.
Pls between Sumec Firman, Elepaq and Lutian which of them is the best brand of generator to buy?

Depends on the Kva, if is 1.5kva the best is tec, 2.5 is fireman
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by melakes(m): 12:03am On Feb 24, 2018
Good evening professor. You have been really amazing and it's hard to believe someone actually does this in Nigeria, more power to your elbow.
Please, I need assistance on this... I use gas carburettor to power my 2kva generator and have been using i bought it, about 7 months now. I observed that few days ago, I changed the oil to Oando SAE 40 although the required oil spec is SAE10W30. Then, I noticed it consumes more gas than normal. Well, I also recently changed the place I fill my gas. Normally 6kg of gas spends about 14hrs but now the gas finishes after just about 8hours.
What can be responsible for the high consumption, could it be the engine oil specs or that the gas filling station is selling corrupted gas.
Thanks.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by enochogaga(m): 7:55am On Feb 24, 2018
melakes:
Good evening professor. You have been really amazing and it's hard to believe someone actually does this in Nigeria, more power to your elbow.
Please, I need assistance on this... I use gas carburettor to power my 2kva generator and have been using i bought it, about 7 months now. I observed that few days ago, I changed the oil to Oando SAE 40 although the required oil spec is SAE10W30. Then, I noticed it consumes more gas than normal. Well, I also recently changed the place I fill my gas. Normally 6kg of gas spends about 14hrs but now the gas finishes after just about 8hours.
What can be responsible for the high consumption, could it be the engine oil specs or that the gas filling station is selling corrupted gas.
Thanks.

the type of oil used can't make ur gen to consume more gas or petrol,
I think the station did not fill the complete 6kg, and rather when opening the gas regulator don't open it to the end.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by enochogaga(m): 7:57am On Feb 24, 2018
Sseenn:

Plz, I need more explanation

pls can u review page 1-5 u will get more info about how to spot fake and original gen
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by melakes(m): 8:01am On Feb 24, 2018
enochogaga:

the type of oil used can't make ur gen to consume more gas or petrol,
I think the station did not fill the complete 6kg, and rather when opening the gas regulator don't open it to the end.
Thanks sir.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by melakes(m): 8:34am On Feb 24, 2018
Good morning prof. reading through the first 5 pages of your thread, I saw you showed us how to reduce the fuel consumption from the carburettor. Please what about gas carburettor, where do I tighten to reduce gas consumption on the carburettor? Thanks.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by stanley99a(m): 1:33pm On Feb 24, 2018
Happy weekend prof.
Please, my gen refuse to key start but when I use the manual start, it works well.
What could be the issue, because anytime I try starting it with key, it makes a click sound and doesn't start.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by inze(m): 3:02pm On Feb 24, 2018
stanley99a:
Happy weekend prof.
Please, my gen refuse to key start but when I use the manual start, it works well.
What could be the issue, because anytime I try starting it with key, it makes a click sound and doesn't start.

Dead battery.

Oga Enoch recommends charging the battery every 3month with or without usage as its battery life seems short
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by stanley99a(m): 7:30pm On Feb 24, 2018
inze:

Dead battery.

Oga Enoch recommends charging the battery every 3month with or without usage as its battery life seems short

Ooh really? Thanks
Maybe I was not in class or did not copy the note when he thought that topic grin

3 Likes

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by enochogaga(m): 12:00pm On Feb 25, 2018
melakes:
Good morning prof. reading through the first 5 pages of your thread, I saw you showed us how to reduce the fuel consumption from the carburettor. Please what about gas carburettor, where do I tighten to reduce gas consumption on the carburettor? Thanks.

u just don't open the gas adjustment to the end
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by adolphus08(m): 1:53pm On Feb 25, 2018
Good day proff,
Thanks for your selfless service u provide us
May God reward you and continue to give you strength.
I have an I pass my neighbor Generator. Recently, sometimes when I put on my Generator the power will be normal, other times it will run very high that my ceiling fan will run so fast I will be afraid it will break.
In the last one week the gen destroyed 3 laptop chargers and several energy saving light bulbs.
I bought a two hundred watt bulb to put on when power is high to drain the power. The bulb blew after one hour.
Sometimes the power will go down by itself after a few hours.
But using the generator is a risk.
Please what can be the problem and how can It be fixed?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by enochogaga(m): 4:25pm On Feb 25, 2018
adolphus08:
Good day proff,
Thanks for your selfless service u provide us
May God reward you and continue to give you strength.
I have an I pass my neighbor Generator. Recently, sometimes when I put on my Generator the power will be normal, other times it will run very high that my ceiling fan will run so fast I will be afraid it will break.
In the last one week the gen destroyed 3 laptop chargers and several energy saving light bulbs.
I bought a two hundred watt bulb to put on when power is high to drain the power. The bulb blew after one hour.
Sometimes the power will go down by itself after a few hours.
But using the generator is a risk.
Please what can be the problem and how can It be fixed?

that is cab problem, is either is service or change
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by prodomain(m): 4:36pm On Feb 26, 2018
Where do I get half engine for a 2.5kva generator and how much does it cost? If u have their contact pls send it 08059153299. Thanks
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by ebeka99a: 7:41pm On Feb 26, 2018
Great work prof.
Pls I got a little issue with my lutian key starter Gen of less than a year.
This morning when I tried starting it with the key no single response. Does it mean the battery is weak and need to be charged?
Please how do I charge the battery?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by ebeka99a: 7:45pm On Feb 26, 2018
Also, sorry for deviating prof.
My 5000watts stabilizer has been on protection mode for 3 days now after some minutes of power fluctuations.
What do I do to make it go back to its normal mode.thanks
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by adolphus08(m): 12:53am On Feb 27, 2018
enochogaga:

that is cab problem, is either is service or change
Thanks a bunch. I will ask my Repairer to do dat.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by enochogaga(m): 6:55am On Feb 27, 2018
ebeka99a:
Also, sorry for deviating prof.
My 5000watts stabilizer has been on protection mode for 3 days now after some minutes of power fluctuations.
What do I do to make it go back to its normal mode.thanks

Is either the Nepa volt is too high, or the volt switch need to be regulated.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by enochogaga(m): 7:07am On Feb 27, 2018
ebeka99a:
Great work prof.
Pls I got a little issue with my lutian key starter Gen of less than a year.
This morning when I tried starting it with the key no single response. Does it mean the battery is weak and need to be charged?
Please how do I charge the battery?

Normally ur gen charges the battery by itself, first u need to check if ur gen is actually changing the battery,
2. If the battery did not start or make any attempt to start the gen.
This is what u do, disconnect the wire red and black from the battery, and use wire the spark the baterry terminal, if it spark then the battery is OK, if it does not then remove ur battery and go and charge it.

Then if u want to know the ur gen is changing ur battery, also spark the black and red wire that u all ready disconnected from the battery, u will see very small or faint spark, that tell u the gen is charging the battery

1 Like

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by enochogaga(m): 7:08am On Feb 27, 2018
HRHGambino:
Thnk you prof. I changed the fuel line, fuel hose and serviced the carburetor. The generator is okay now.

Welcome
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by enochogaga(m): 7:09am On Feb 27, 2018
prodomain:
Where do I get half engine for a 2.5kva generator and how much does it cost? If u have their contact pls send it 08059153299. Thanks

Pls don't make the mistake to buy new half engine oh, if not u will regret it,
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by ebeka99a: 8:23am On Feb 27, 2018
enochogaga:

Is either the Nepa volt is too high, or the volt switch need to be regulated.
Thabks. The voltage is around 150-170, Pls how do I regulate the volt switch.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by ebeka99a: 8:25am On Feb 27, 2018

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (369) (Reply)

##ORDER LAPTOPS,PHONES,TABLETS,CLOTHES FRM USA,UK,GERMANY& DUBAI TO NIGERIA / Scuit: Shop & Ship From China, USA, Dubai & UK (Express, Cargo & Shipping) / Buy Plasma, Lcd And Led Televisions For Affordable Pricein Lagos.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.