Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,768 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:34 PM

Professor On Any Type Of Generator. - Technology Market (97) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Professor On Any Type Of Generator. (784849 Views)

What Brand Of Generator Can I Buy? / Professor On Any Type Of Solar Installations / Kara Nigeria‬ Offers The Best Prices Of Generator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (368) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by twinskenny(m): 8:30am On May 22, 2019
koonbey:
So, thanks to everyone who helped out with my questions on which gen to buy.

I eventually decided against the TEC junior max because I learned that even though it would carry my freezer, it would be stressful and would likely degrade performance over time.

I went with the SUMEC SPG 3000. Cost 77k. Great gen so far. AVR and all that so no issues. Fuel economy is stellar too - full 15 litre tank gets me around 22 - 24 hours. Highly recommended.

Thanks, prof @enochogaga, lilcin and everyone else.
where did you get it?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Nobody: 9:00am On May 22, 2019
twinskenny:
where did you get it?

Ilorin, Kwara state.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by GODISGREAT01: 7:46pm On May 22, 2019
Evening my Ogas, I appreciate your effort and time in solving issues here.

Please between these two generators, which one should I go for?

Option 1 :- Elepaq EC6500CXS 5.0 kva and

option 2 :- Thermocool Hustler Max 3800 3.3kva.

Question 1 : Which is more durable and reliable?

Question 2 : Which one does not consume much fuel?

If you have any further details to enlighten me on or any reservations about these generators, I will be glad to learn.

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Nobody: 11:10am On May 23, 2019
LadyBeee:
Good evening prof, please I just bought this brand new 2.8kva elepaq senwei generator. It's working perfectly but the problem I'm having is that it consumes too much fuel. Like 4 litres of fuel lasts for just 3 hours 30 minutes. You know the price of fuel is quite high. This gen is consuming too much money from me. Please what is the way out?
nobody wants to help out with this post
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by lilclin(m): 12:26pm On May 23, 2019
LadyBeee:
nobody wants to help out with this post
adjust carburettor
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by lilclin(m): 12:27pm On May 23, 2019
GODISGREAT01:
Evening my Ogas, I appreciate your effort and time in solving issues here.

Please between these two generators, which one should I go for?

Option 1 :- Elepaq EC6500CXS 5.0 kva and

option 2 :- Thermocool Hustler Max 3800 3.3kva.

Question 1 : Which is more durable and reliable?

Question 2 : Which one does not consume much fuel?

If you have any further details to enlighten me on or any reservations about these generators, I will be glad to learn.
that elepaq is not upto 5kva... Probably 3kva self... Go with the tec if the price is not a problem
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by GODISGREAT01: 7:55pm On May 23, 2019
lilclin:
that elepaq is not upto 5kva... Probably 3kva self... Go with the tec if the price is not a problem

Thanks, I will go for the TEC but is it okay to buy from Jumia? It's cheaper there than Thermocool showroom. It's 127,900 on Jumia but 135,000 at the showroom.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Nobody: 9:28pm On May 23, 2019
GODISGREAT01:

Thanks, I will go for the TEC but is it okay to buy from Jumia? It's cheaper there than Thermocool showroom. It's 127,900 on Jumia but 135,000 at the showroom.

You can buy from Jumia if it is cheaper there. But don't forget you also have to pay for the delivery - your location will determines the charges.

It's up to you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by lilclin(m): 8:30pm On May 24, 2019
GODISGREAT01:

yeah you can buy from anywhere...tec doesn't have fakes

1 Like

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by GRACEGLORY: 9:41pm On May 24, 2019
enemigen:
Good evening gents, Please does anyone have any idea what would make a generator make the sound that it makes when there's no fuel in it and trip off?? That is, There is fuel in the generator but it makes the "no fuel sound" and goes off after a while. Please help

If you're yet to resolve, change the spark plug, and you'd be good to go!

1 Like

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by GRACEGLORY: 9:42pm On May 24, 2019
GODISGREAT01:

You can go to PZ too.

2 Likes

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Excel70: 10:29pm On May 24, 2019
I enquired about the TEC junior max from a thermocool outlet. I was told it is no more in the market due to low demand. Is that true ?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by lilclin(m): 11:03pm On May 24, 2019
Excel70:
I enquired about the TEC junior max from a thermocool outlet. I was told it is no more in the market due to low demand. Is that true ?
it's in market. People don't seem to buy it because of the price. Only those who know the real value buy it
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by GODISGREAT01: 12:20am On May 25, 2019
GRACEGLORY:

You can go to PZ too.

I would have preferred that, but don't know how to buy from pz directly? Should I just go to town planning and I will get it or there's a way to go about it?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Nobody: 12:26am On May 25, 2019
GODISGREAT01:

I would have preferred that, but don't know how to buy from pz directly? Should I just go to town planning and I will get it or there's a way to go about it?

If you go through the reviews on TEC products on Jumia, you'll notice that many people have complained of receiving the wrong model, other than what they ordered . To my mind, the extra few thousand is worth know

3 Likes

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Nobody: 12:26am On May 25, 2019
GODISGREAT01:

If you go through the reviews on TEC products on Jumia, you'll notice that many people have complained of receiving the wrong model, other than what they ordered + not getting the free oil. To my mind, the extra few thousand of seeing what you're buying is worth the peace of mind.

1 Like

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by CodeTemplar: 4:55am On May 25, 2019
enochogaga:

That feul consuption is very high, but i didt get it when u say u fiddle with spring in the amatuer, i didt really get u sir,

Now this is what u will do for the consumption, [1]..make sure ur firing is low,
[2]..den thight the feul controller screw. Go to prevous page and see the pic of the screw

Please I have been looking for guidance on the fuel consumption of the small tiger gen set most barbing saloon, boutiques and small business use. The blue one.
I need to have an estimate how much it will cost me to run it for 8 hours daily. I heard they can swap out its original carburetor for a more fuel efficient one. Please how much does it cost to run it for 8 hours a day? Thanks.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by czarina(f): 2:49pm On May 25, 2019
enochogaga I have a question
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by prodomain(m): 8:43pm On May 27, 2019
good day Engr
The armature bearing of my generator (tg2700) keeps spoiling every time. I've changed it more than seven times. what could be the problem?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by b0rn2fuck(m): 7:38am On May 28, 2019
CodeTemplar:

Please I have been looking for guidance on the fuel consumption of the small tiger gen set most barbing saloon, boutiques and small business use. The blue one.
I need to have an estimate how much it will cost me to run it for 8 hours daily. I heard they can swap out its original carburetor for a more fuel efficient one. Please how much does it cost to run it for 8 hours a day? Thanks.

sometimes, 2 litter could last you the 8 hours depending on the carburator and MOSTLY vab determine the fuel consumption. Vab supply fuel to the engine.Once vab is linking or one part damage, no matter how you change carburator, its will still be consuming fuel. The other that determine fuel consumption are load, when high due to lack service which produce low light supply
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by ozoneymcm: 7:42am On May 28, 2019
b0rn2fuck:
sometimes, 2 litter could last you the 8 hours depending on the carburator and MOSTLY vab determine the fuel consumption. Vab supply fuel to the engine.Once vab is linking or one part damage, no matter how you change carburator, its will still be consuming fuel. The other that determine fuel consumption are load, when high due to lack service which produce low light supply
Please where is that vab located. Though mine is tiger 2700 2.0 kva. How much will replacement cost. Thanks
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by allansie(m): 3:51pm On May 29, 2019
Pls lilclin...how many months of usage can i service my gen....junior max..
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by okirewaju(f): 4:10pm On May 29, 2019
I put on my generator yesterday and it tripped off after I put on my industrial fan so I used it without the fan for like an hour and turned it off.

The spark plug was cleaned and returned and the generator pull chord became stiff I.e it is not coming out at all.

What can I do please?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by lilclin(m): 10:38pm On May 30, 2019
allansie:
Pls lilclin...how many months of usage can i service my gen....junior max..
just change of oil and clean air filter
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by lilclin(m): 10:39pm On May 30, 2019
okirewaju:
I put on my generator yesterday and it tripped off after I put on my industrial fan so I used it without the fan for like an hour and turned it off.

The spark plug was cleaned and returned and the generator pull chord became stiff I.e it is not coming out at all.

What can I do please?
which gen... Should be oil ish
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by allansie(m): 6:56am On May 31, 2019
lilclin:
just change of oil and clean air filter
Tnx broda
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by okirewaju(f): 8:07am On May 31, 2019
lilclin:
which gen... Should be oil ish
Its Fireman

You are right. Turned out the oil was really low and folks around were telling me the engine might have knocked

I took it for repair yesterday and the part below was changed.

It's working perfectly now though.

Thanks.

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by lilclin(m): 3:56pm On May 31, 2019
okirewaju:
Its Fireman

You are right. Turned out the oil was really low and folks around were telling me the engine might have knocked

I took it for repair yesterday and the part below was changed.

It's working perfectly now though.

Thanks.
always check your oil... You're lucky the engine didn't knock

1 Like

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by lilclin(m): 3:56pm On May 31, 2019
allansie:

Tnx broda
welcome bro
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by spinola: 5:29am On Jun 01, 2019
NIGERIA INVERTER BUYING GUIDE

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by agoro2u: 5:33pm On Jun 01, 2019
Good day house. I want to know if Sumec fireman 1990S can power fridge, led TV, standing fan & like 3 bulbs @ the same time.

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (368) (Reply)

##ORDER LAPTOPS,PHONES,TABLETS,CLOTHES FRM USA,UK,GERMANY& DUBAI TO NIGERIA / Buy Plasma, Lcd And Led Televisions For Affordable Pricein Lagos. / Scuit: Shop & Ship From China, USA, Dubai & UK (Express, Cargo & Shipping)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.