Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,594 members, 7,809,155 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:43 AM

Professor On Any Type Of Generator. - Technology Market (95) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Professor On Any Type Of Generator. (784603 Views)

What Brand Of Generator Can I Buy? / Professor On Any Type Of Solar Installations / Kara Nigeria‬ Offers The Best Prices Of Generator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (368) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Nobody: 1:28pm On May 05, 2019
I want to buy fairly used generator of 1.8Kva to 2.5kva, location should be in Ibadan or Oshogbo. or if the seller can deliver it before payment from anywhere. chat me up on 07033310098
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by diehard1: 3:05pm On May 05, 2019
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by vizy6(f): 8:19pm On May 05, 2019
Professor my Firman Spg2200 sometimes refuses to start until I call a gen man, It is new, 2 weeks old. I have even changed the plug. What can I do?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Kingsdave(m): 11:32am On May 06, 2019
lilclin:
go with the tec but i think it makes more noise than the sumec...dunno about fuel consumption tho

Go for Tec.... The fuel consumption is superb..... A liter lasts up to 3hrs.... No issues at all been using mine for 5months no issues...... I only have to change the plug... But it makes more noise
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by encrypt(m): 12:34pm On May 06, 2019
Hello
Please I've had my sumec 1800 for roughly a month now and I noticed the output is low even before I put load on it and the charging of my phone becomes rather slow.

Recently when I put my laptop the current starts to fluctuate until I remove it.

All I have on the gen is one energy saving bulb, a fan and one or two phones. Well my laptop too until this new development.

When the laptop is off the fluctuation stops.

Thoughts??
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by lilclin(m): 2:19pm On May 06, 2019
encrypt:
Hello
Please I've had my sumec 1800 for roughly a month now and I noticed the output is low even before I put load on it and the charging of my phone becomes rather slow.

Recently when I put my laptop the current starts to fluctuate until I remove it.

All I have on the gen is one energy saving bulb, a fan and one or two phones. Well my laptop too until this new development.

Thoughts??
capacitor

1 Like

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by lilclin(m): 2:22pm On May 06, 2019
Kingsdave:

Go for Tec.... The fuel consumption is superb..... A liter lasts up to 3hrs.... No issues at all been using mine for 5months no issues...... I only have to change the plug... But it makes more noise
lol read the guys post again ... there's no way 1litre will last 3 hours on a 3kva gen... You're comparing it with your juniormax...them no be mates o
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Nobody: 10:26am On May 07, 2019
encrypt:
Hello

Thoughts??

Quick question; were you given the ORIGINAL of this model of Firman?

There are fakes in the market and it usually does this. I once unknowingly bought the fake one from J.I Okpala in Benin City, it did not last a month before giving me all kinds of problems. I know better now, though.

The original one has just FIRMAN engraved on the tank, the air filter cover and the carburetor. The bolt and nuts are silver unlike the fake one which is gold. The fake one also has SUM ECFIRMAN engraved on the tank instead of FIRMAN.

Does the above descriptions match yours?

If yes to the original's description, you are good to go and only need to take it to the mechanic, who will most likely change the capacitor to a bigger capacity.

If the fake's description fits, bro, I am afraid it will keep coming up with issues(constant oil shortage, even drying up completely at times) just like mine back then, which I ended up giving out to a friend who wanted it. This was what led me to buy Tec Junior Max 11 months ago, which hasn't given me one single issue.

Anyway, we live to learn.

Good luck.

4 Likes

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Kingsdave(m): 10:57am On May 07, 2019
lilclin:
lol read the guys post again ... there's no way 1litre will last 3 hours on a 3kva gen... You're comparing it with your juniormax...them no be mates o

I mean junior Max.....
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Excel70: 11:19am On May 07, 2019
What is the full name if the tec junior max
I am planning in getting one andwant the right one
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by lilclin(m): 12:37pm On May 07, 2019
Kingsdave:

I mean junior Max.....
I know...the guy was talking of tec on 3kva
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by lilclin(m): 12:37pm On May 07, 2019
Excel70:
thermocool
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Nobody: 2:55pm On May 07, 2019
Excel70:

Tec Junior Max is the name. Because it is largely not sold anywhere else other than Thermocool Showrooms or PZ offices, they will know what you want when you describe it. Good thing about Tec(Thermocool) is, you don't have to worry about buying a fake one because there is none in the market.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by encrypt(m): 3:07pm On May 07, 2019
keneguae:

Quick question; were you given the ORIGINAL of this model of Firman?

There are fakes in the market and it usually does this. I once unknowingly bought the fake one from J.I Okpala in Benin City, it did not last a month before giving me all kinds of problems. I know better now, though.

The original one has just FIRMAN engraved on the tank, the air filter cover and the carburetor. The bolt and nuts are silver unlike the fake one which is gold. The fake one also has SUM ECFIRMAN engraved on the tank instead of FIRMAN.

Does the above descriptions match yours?

If yes to the original's description, you are good to go and only need to take it to the mechanic, who will most likely change the capacitor to a bigger capacity.

If the fake's description fits, bro, I am afraid it will keep coming up with issues(constant oil shortage, even drying up completely at times) just like mine back then, which I ended up giving out to a friend who wanted it. This was what led me to buy Tec Junior Max 11 months ago, which hasn't given me one single issue.

Anyway, we live to learn.

Good luck.
Thanks for the feedback bro I really appreciate it. The descriptions match the original and I was briefed about the differences before purchase.
I'll have the mechanic take a look and I hope it's just the capacitor.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by herakles: 3:16pm On May 07, 2019
hmmm....
thermocool marketers are on this thread cheesy cheesy cheesy nice one!
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Excel70: 3:43pm On May 07, 2019
keneguae:

Tec Junior Max is the name. Because it is largely not sold anywhere else other than Thermocool Showrooms or PZ offices, they will know what you want when you describe it. Good thing about Tec(Thermocool) is, you don't have to worry about buying a fake one because there is none in the market.
Thank you sir
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by BedLam: 6:42pm On May 07, 2019
Good evening.
Please I will need your help here...
I want to buy a generator of 8KVA. I don't know which one to go for but a family friend advised we go for Japanese product since we are buying higher KVA

Q1) is this KVA enough to power to 2ACs and other little appliances like refrigerator etc?

Q2) Is the given advice practical or just mere speculation?

Q3) In your opinion, which one should I go for ?
Thank you.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Nobody: 1:41pm On May 08, 2019
encrypt:

Thanks for the feedback bro I really appreciate it. The descriptions match the original and I was briefed about the differences before purchase.
I'll have the mechanic take a look and I hope it's just the capacitor.

You are welcome, bro.

I hope the capable mechanic will have the problem figure out accordingly.

Good luck.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Nobody: 1:43pm On May 08, 2019
herakles:
hmmm....

thermocool marketers are on this thread cheesy cheesy cheesy nice one!

Ha ha ha!

Good name speaks for itself.

I have no affiliation to Thermocool whatsoever. I use their product and it's been great. Whatever I said about their product(s) is just a testimony!
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Nobody: 1:53pm On May 08, 2019
BedLam:
Good evening.
Please I will need your help here...
I want to buy a generator of 8KVA. I don't know which one to go for but a family friend advised we go for Japanese product since we are buying higher KVA

Q1) is this KVA enough to power to 2ACs and other little appliances like refrigerator etc?

Q2) Is the given advice practical or just mere speculation?

Q3) In your opinion, which one should I go for ?
Thank you.

Japanese generators are top quality but very expensive. If the price tag is not a problem, then go for it.

That capacity from original JP brand could power 2 ACs, and your other app/elect.

I will suggest you get in touch with Prof to give you a better and up-to-date advice, though as he doesn't come around here often.

His number is 08131060632.

Good luck
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by herakles: 1:59pm On May 08, 2019
keneguae:

Ha ha ha!

Good name speaks for itself.

I have no affiliation to Thermocool whatsoever. I use their product and it's been great. Whatever I said about their product(s) is just a testimony!

Indeed! cheesy fire on my brother! God bless your hustle
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by datigbogirl: 3:10pm On May 08, 2019
twaintoy:

Sure. I use it.

Thanks a lot dear....you're good.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by twaintoy(f): 4:44pm On May 08, 2019
datigbogirl:

Thanks a lot dear....you're good.
You are welcome.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by BedLam: 6:33pm On May 08, 2019
keneguae:

Japanese generators are top quality but very expensive. If the price tag is not a problem, then go for it.

That capacity from original JP brand could power 2 ACs, and your other app/elect.

I will suggest you get in touch with Prof to give you a better and up-to-date advice, though as he doesn't come around here often.

His number is 08131060632.

Good luck
Thank you. I got a Thermocool today and it looks good. Powered 2 AC with fridge and freezer. I think wasn't the total output.

1 Like

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Nobody: 7:43pm On May 08, 2019
BedLam:
Thank you. I got a Thermocool today and it looks good. Powered 2 AC with fridge and freezer. I think wasn't the total output.

That's good. Enjoy!
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by GRACEGLORY: 10:14pm On May 08, 2019
cdbaba:

@enochogaga your thought on this.

Be patient Sir, as soon as the oracle himself enochogaga comes online, he’d prefer solution
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by GODISGREAT01: 1:45am On May 09, 2019
BedLam:

Sir, what is product name of the thermocool you bought? E.G Odogwu, Igwe. Why I am asking is because I also want to get something powerful as yours and how much, I will also be grateful if you have a good place I can get it in Lagos.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by BedLam: 10:40am On May 09, 2019
GODISGREAT01:

Sir, what is product name of the thermocool you bought? E.G Odogwu, Igwe. Why I am asking is because I also want to get something powerful as yours and how much, I will also be grateful if you have a good place I can get it in Lagos.
Odogwu with remote control.
Just search for "Thermocool showroom" and you will find the nearest one to you.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by diehard1: 2:30pm On May 09, 2019
How noisy is the gen? Can someone have conversation near it and hear what the other person is saying? Thanks

BedLam:
Odogwu with remote control.
Just search for "Thermocool showroom" and you will find the nearest one to you.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by BedLam: 8:13pm On May 09, 2019
diehard1:
How noisy is the gen? Can someone have conversation near it and hear what the other person is saying? Thanks

I haven't tried this but as your load gets bigger, so the noise...? I think.

I just discovered something as simple as an electric kettle is more powerful than an AC. My electric kettle is 2200watts and it's annoyy.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by platorepublic(m): 6:44pm On May 11, 2019
How can one 1liter of fuel last for 3hrs
Some people will not make heaven with lies.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by lilclin(m): 7:22pm On May 11, 2019
platorepublic:
How can one 1liter of fuel last for 3hrs
Some people will not make heaven with lies.
1litre of fuel lasts 3 hours on tec juniormax

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (368) (Reply)

##ORDER LAPTOPS,PHONES,TABLETS,CLOTHES FRM USA,UK,GERMANY& DUBAI TO NIGERIA / Buy Plasma, Lcd And Led Televisions For Affordable Pricein Lagos. / Scuit: Shop & Ship From China, USA, Dubai & UK (Express, Cargo & Shipping)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.