Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,067 members, 7,810,994 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:15 PM

Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) (86265 Views)

Eko Atlantic Set To Become West Africa's Financial Hub / Eko Atlantic City Completes Eko Boulevard, Nigeria’s First 8 Lane City Road / Eko Atlantic: Champagne Pearl Tower - 30 Floors & Black Pearl Tower (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by anonimi: 10:12am On May 26, 2015
mrmetoo1:
So how does government giving developers licence stop education from improving. What you're basically saying is every other thing should come to halt until education gets to a satisfactory level for you.

I have said NO such thing.
If you think I have, please show where I did.
Thanks.
Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by micktoxin(m): 10:14am On May 26, 2015
Chiam55:
Great thread micktoxin smiley

This is so exciting cheesy
Yea it surely is. Back in town now. Will mail you.
Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by Canme4u(m): 10:20am On May 26, 2015
nerodenero:
Let me quickly register my presence here so that when this earthly paradise is completed and Nairaland is still alive and well, I would recall when selected few brought the nation down on her knees and be happy that all that starts well ends well.

Atleast I am happy that something good would eventually come out of Nigeria and our children in future would be glad that we have given them a befitting environment, a country to be proud off and I expect them in return to maintain the change and work towards a greater and better nation.

Though hoping against hope that more regions in Nigeria would begin to wear a new look and the country would eventually take its rightful position among the Committee of nations.

This is indeed commendable cheesy

I was here too.

1 Like

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by micktoxin(m): 10:22am On May 26, 2015
youmour:
Misplaced priority,i dont see how the common man will benefit from this,i just dont see how
This comment shows what it comes down to. Your concern about this project is understandable, but I have no doubt everyone will benefit from this. History is littered with similar scenarios.
Seriously we humans are so predictable, which makes management a bit easier.

3 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by mrmetoo1: 10:25am On May 26, 2015
anonimi:

I have said NO such thing.
If you think I have, please show where I did.
Thanks.

That's basically what you're implying because I'm not sure what the standard of education in Lagos has to do with this particular project. Buildings are going up everyday in every part of the county how come you're not preaching your education standards there. Every state is building more malls, more hotels, stadiums, etc. All those other states is education now at the standard you want it to be?? Some governments are trying to come up with ways to prosper and make more money but you'll never see anything good in it because it's not coming from the politicians you support.

3 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by rabzy: 10:27am On May 26, 2015
anonimi:

What % of UK looks like this after EACH rainfall year in, year out

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2248230_ca7slgwuaaoxgw_jpeg3bc8633ef391cdef4682491247a3942d

Do you know how many counties get flooded in the UK every year. There was a guy that built an island for himself inside the water while everyone was relocated. How many people in the UK drinks coke and throws the bottle out. Our gutters are dust bin and are always full.

7 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by anonimi: 10:31am On May 26, 2015
mrmetoo1:
That's basically what you're implying because I'm not sure what the standard of education in Lagos has to do with this particular project.

Plenty!
If there is not a LARGE ENOUGH pool of skilled and semi-skilled workers the infrastructure will collapse in due course. It has happened before in our country since the mid-70s and will continue happening until we get our priorities right on educating ALL our children.

Buildings are going up everyday in every part of the county how come you're not preaching your education standards there. Every state is building more malls, more hotels, stadiums, etc. All those other states is education now at the standard you want it to be?? Some governments are trying to come up with ways to prosper and make more money but you'll never see anything good in it because it's not coming from the politicians you support.

Na wetin consigne me with other states.
I don talk about Lagos wey interest me. If you and/or other people like make una talk about other states.

Lobatan.
O pari
Chikena
Finito cheesy cheesy
Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by Nobody: 10:34am On May 26, 2015
micktoxin:

This comment shows what it comes down to. Your concern about this project is understandable, but I have no doubt everyone will benefit from this. History is littered with similar scenarios.
Seriously we humans are so predictable, which makes management a bit easier.
Well said.
I once heard that corporate organizations would be encouraged to relocate their headquarters to EAC from VI. This move would free up more land for residential building and could result in a massive crash in the price of land/property in VI.
VI, believe it or not, was originally intended to be a purely residential area. But the "Naija factor" derailed the plan.

1 Like

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by mrmetoo1: 10:38am On May 26, 2015
youmour:
Misplaced priority,i dont see how the common man will benefit from this,i just dont see how

I'll tell you how the common man will benefit because I honestly don't understand how you don't see it. Employment, this project will create massive employment in every single sector. It's not until everyone can own an apartment there before it benefits the common man. Not everyone can afford to live in Manhattan but it benefits the common man every single day.

Do you know how many carpenters, masons, painters, welders, etc this project is going to make their life better?? That's only within the construction company. People that sell food to these workers will make money. The money all these guys are making are going to go into their families to give them a better life and so on. Then think about how it's going to keep affecting lives are construction. It's almost like saying don't create expensive restaurants because not everyone can eat there meanwhile people that work in those places will beg to differ because it feeds their families.

We as Nigerians really need to start thinking big our myopic views will make us remain where we are forever. Look at Dubai, do you think that had solved all their problems before they started taking on all these ambitious projects but right now those guys are living in what could be close to heaven on earth

9 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by micktoxin(m): 10:38am On May 26, 2015
CFCfan:

Well said.
I once heard that corporate organizations would be encouraged to relocate their headquarters to EAC from VI. This move would free up more land for residential building and could result in a massive crash in the price of land/property in VI.
VI, believe it or not, was originally intended to be a purely residential area. But the "Naija factor" derailed the plan.
Haa.. you are one of the few that gets the drift. Keep it to yourself lipsrsealed
Personally, I will proceed with caution if I was to buy a house in VI at the moment.

1 Like

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by Nobody: 10:42am On May 26, 2015
mrmetoo1:

I'll tell you how the common man will benefit because I honestly don't understand how you don't see it. Employment, this project will create massive employment in every single sector. It's not until everyone can own an apartment there before it benefits the common man. Not everyone can afford to live in Manhattan but it benefits the common man every single day.

Do you know how many carpenters, masons, painters, welders, etc this project is going to make their life better?? That's only within the construction company. People that sell food to these workers will make money. The money all these guys are making are going to go into their families to give them a better life and so on. Then think about how it's going to keep affecting lives are construction. It's almost like saying don't create expensive restaurants because not everyone can eat there meanwhile people that work in those places will beg to differ because it feeds their families.

We as Nigerians really need to start thinking big our myopic views will make us remain where we are forever. Look at Dubai, do you think that had solved all their problems before they started taking on all these ambitious projects but right now those guys are living in what could be close to heaven on earth

Hmm,good way of explaining without being insultive about it,something that is quite rare these days on NL

4 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by mentorandfriend(m): 10:48am On May 26, 2015
NeduLuiZ:
God is just too wonderful. He gave some brains for them to bomb each other, and some brains to beautify.

Eko oni baje oo
I couldnt agree less!
Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by alotofgrace(m): 10:57am On May 26, 2015
Present state....

Took this from office

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by anulaxad(m): 10:57am On May 26, 2015
rabzy:

Do you know how many counties get flooded in the UK every year. There was a guy that built an island for himself inside the water while everyone was relocated. How many people in the UK drinks coke and throws the bottle out. Our gutters are dust bin and are always full.

I'm going to disagree with you there, I live in the UK and I believe I am well educated on the subject of flooding as I am a geographer.
The UK is known for it's very disciplined drainage system so flooding is extremely rare, and I can guarantee that what I saw in that picture could never occur here in the UK; with people still wallowing in high depths of water.

The UK has quite alot of rivers(also known as drainage basins) which naturally act as basins for water that comes from precipitation and if the basins are flooded the towns or villages surrounding may flood, but in those towns themselves they would have a drainage system underground so chances of flooding are very low.

The last major 'flood' that had significant damage to the UK was in Boscatle, 2004, and even in that event no-one had died or was injured; which sane country will allow its citizens to wallow in water up to people thighs;only in Nigeria.

Anyway, I'm a huge fan of EKO ATLANTIC, I hope one day that I might relocate there.

5 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by micktoxin(m): 11:00am On May 26, 2015
elohorayodele:
It is also expected that 150,000 will commute to the city daily for business.This is approximately half the population of a couple of states in the USA.

OP pls what states are you talking about?
Virgin Islands, American Samoa and Northern Mariana Island. They are in an unincorporated territory of the United States obviously.

1 Like

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by mrmetoo1: 11:06am On May 26, 2015
anonimi:

Plenty!
If there is not a LARGE ENOUGH pool of skilled and semi-skilled workers the infrastructure will collapse in due course. It has happened before in our country since the mid-70s and will continue happening until we get our priorities right on educating ALL our children.

Na wetin consigne me with other states.
I don talk about Lagos wey interest me. If you and/or other people like make una talk about other states.

Lobatan.
O pari
Chikena
Finito cheesy cheesy

Again you can make your point about education without crapping on the whole project, you might deny it now but that's what you were trying to do. Showing flooded parts of Lagos affects this project, how?? Showing ugly parts of Lagos affects this particular thread how?? There's no one on here that doesn't know all those things exist but people are here to appreciate this project because it's looking like a ray of sunshine in our dark clouds. Nigeria needs more and more of these kinds of projects.

Talking about education, of course education is important. Education is important even for the success of this project. We need technical schools like yesterday for this to be as successful as some of us will like. I'm in the construction industry and I know that there's a huge lack of skilled workers, projects like these are supposed to be world class so they'll need good hands which Nigeria honestly doesn't have.

4 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by Moana(f): 11:08am On May 26, 2015
This is worth following

1 Like

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by haibe(m): 11:11am On May 26, 2015
felixuzuh:
Mami-water dey her own je je. Una dey take over her land by force. The dey wey she go vex. Una go nuh sey kaki no be leather.
even the americans believe in mermaids more than us, yet they never make such stupidd statements like this when commissioning projects

1 Like

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by MicroBox: 11:13am On May 26, 2015
You guys already derail the thread.. I m out BTW: New Orleans is far worst than some part of Lagos but USA na USA

4 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by micktoxin(m): 11:14am On May 26, 2015
youmour:

Hmm,good way of explaining without being insultive about it,something that is quite rare these days on NL
I have to say most of the comments so far, have been really respectful.
We need more pictures tho.

2 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by Nobody: 11:16am On May 26, 2015
Mynd44:
Don't put on front page yet ooo...let the OP post enough info then put it

Senior commanding moderator. undecided
Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by orble: 11:18am On May 26, 2015
MugabeRobert:
And some bitter village morrons with IQ slightly above that of millipedes would want to compare Fashola with Akpabio. A corrupt local champion that is practically ruling Akwa Ibom from here, Lekki.

The same retardedd parasites with negatively wired genetics will tell you how they are developing Lagos or lagos is a NO man's land.

God bless Tinubu for laying a solid foundation.

God bless Fashola for making this project reality.

God shall bless Amobode for continuity.

God bless Odua Nation.

Don't be dumb. this is a private investment.

Akpabio is the best cos A/Ibom & Lagos didn't start the race at the same point.

Go there and see

3 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by kentozybee(m): 11:21am On May 26, 2015
anonimi:

What % of UK looks like this after EACH rainfall year in, year out

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2248230_ca7slgwuaaoxgw_jpeg3bc8633ef391cdef4682491247a3942d

I Am Sure There Are Drainage Channels On Those Streets But Y Didn't U Advise The Residents Against Throwing Their Refuse Into Them Each Time It Rains And Stop Blaming The Government..... People Will Complain If The Government Are Not Working And Yet They Will Keep Destroying The Finished Projects

5 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by micktoxin(m): 11:23am On May 26, 2015
Eko Pearl habour.

2 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by anonimi: 11:23am On May 26, 2015
mrmetoo1:
Talking about education, of course education is important. Education is important even for the success of this project. We need technical schools like yesterday for this to be as successful as some of us will like. I'm in the construction industry and I know that there's a huge lack of skilled workers, projects like these are supposed to be world class so they'll need good hands which Nigeria honestly doesn't have.

I have not said anything different from the above, or have I
Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by mrmetoo1: 11:24am On May 26, 2015
anonimi:

I have not said anything different from the above, or have I

Dude go through you posts on this thread and tell yourself honestly you were not trying to detail it by making Lagos/Fashola look bad.
Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by litaninja(m): 11:25am On May 26, 2015
[quote author=micktoxin post=34091860]PUBLIC WARNING Due to increasing interest in this project from Nigerians living abroad (not sure about in Naija) couple with poor coverage given to this project, it is only right we have a permanent thread to keep everyone updated. This is not the thread to have any socio economic or political discussions, but to stay updated about the progress of this magnificent project. Therefore, any off topic comments like tribal rants or socio economic discussions will be deleted (cc: lalasticlala ishilove please note).

Let's see, you want to talk about a project / development where probablly only 1% of the entire state will be able to afford to step into, never mind, live / work there and you would like to keep the socio-economic and political comments to a minimum? Will even the labourers putting in blood and sweet be able to afford a square foot of the place when its done? What benefit is it going to be to the every-day citizen? Of interest to Nigerians Living abroad Seriously Those Living abroad are the target market
Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by micktoxin(m): 11:25am On May 26, 2015
I have to say Pearl habour is one of my favourite so far. Great to see it has already begun too.

2 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by mrmetoo1: 11:26am On May 26, 2015
micktoxin:
Eko Pearl habour.

I think the first picture is the old discarded render which is quite unfortunate but the ones below are what they're building. From what I'm hearing the black pearl that's going up right now is already sold out

2 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by anonimi: 11:26am On May 26, 2015
mrmetoo1:
Dude go through you posts on this thread and tell yourself honestly you were not trying to detail it by making Lagos/Fashola look bad.

If he is not bad, why has he NOT done all YOU detailed about technical education in addition to educating ALL our children
Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by kinghold(m): 11:27am On May 26, 2015
Hmmm....could dis be real!!!!
Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by Jaycool18(m): 11:30am On May 26, 2015
Obiodunukwe:
Nice Pics.

Eko O Ni Baje ooo

This is not a state in the SE, it is a performing state. Stop the hate
what brought SE into this matter, he said he prays it won't b abandoned you're saying a different thing

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

The House Where An Agent Took My Friend To In Lagos (Photo) / How To Calculate The Number Of Blocks And Cements Needed To Build Your House. / PROFESSIONAL TOUCH IN ALUMINIUM FABRICATION(windows,doors,rails)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.