Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,060 members, 7,818,177 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:31 AM

Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) - Properties (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) (86350 Views)

Eko Atlantic Set To Become West Africa's Financial Hub / Eko Atlantic City Completes Eko Boulevard, Nigeria’s First 8 Lane City Road / Eko Atlantic: Champagne Pearl Tower - 30 Floors & Black Pearl Tower (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by dappii(m): 11:31am On May 26, 2015
Quite impressive,trust all reasonable and progressive Nigerians are happy with this.

1 Like

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by mrmetoo1: 11:31am On May 26, 2015
[quote author=litaninja post=34105463][/quote]

Why should the laborers that work have there to be able to afford to live there?? Where in the world does that happen?? The masons, painters and so on that work on the mansions in Beverly Hills, can they afford to live there?? The window cleaners that clean high rise buildings in every part of the world can they afford to live there? So why do you all of a sudden expect it to happen here. Do you know the amount of money this project will generate to make the lives of these laborers better??

Too many people on this thread are showing themselves sha, is this really that difficult to understand

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by esere826: 11:33am On May 26, 2015
Great project. I hope it succeeds.

The part of this project that I don't feel comfortable with is the ground level of the land fill from the ocean
this doesn't appear high enough and might consequently make this mini city susceptible to flooding from the ocean tides as well as the drainage issues caused by insufficient gradient.

I am guessing that if this becomes a problem, the city handlers will try to build ocean barrier walls around the city.
This would solve the wave erosion problems,
but will further make the city susceptible to flooding as it would be difficult for water to also get out when it has got in.

....my best wishes

3 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by micktoxin(m): 11:33am On May 26, 2015
mrmetoo1:

I think the first picture is the old discarded render which is quite unfortunate but the ones below are what they're building. From what I'm hearing the black pearl that's going up right now is already sold out
Really?. I loved that render. Yeah, I was told it was in high demand the last time I emailed ekopearl. I wouldn't worry about that now, nor would I advice any one into a panick buy. Personally, the best thing is to wait because there will always be better option and you might end up kicking yourself. In addition, I am sure space will free up in eko pearl.

1 Like

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by anonimi: 11:38am On May 26, 2015
Emphany:
We pray it doesn't become an abandoned project.

BabaOneChance on my mind grin grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2087214_buharimetro_jpeg0139273fe26a1325be266ba40c34a836

Shall we pray

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by deolu2000(m): 11:38am On May 26, 2015
I love this project,the more reason why those that conceived the idea must not be totally out of Govt,hence what is happening to tinapa may happen to it.that said,i pray to see the end of it and get my own space and allocation from this project.

1 Like

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by listenmore: 11:43am On May 26, 2015
[img][/img]

2 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by ylaa(f): 11:44am On May 26, 2015
what am i doing in america? i must return to my country. so proud of my country. i dey pack my bag come back. bye bye obama.

3 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by solreb: 11:46am On May 26, 2015
I am happy for Lagos and also Nigeria as this kind of project puts us on d wotld map for tourism. Thank God for the visionary leadership of Tinubu and Fashola. This us what I expect the govs of Bayelsa to do. The state us awash with natural islands which can be transformed into alluring cities.

3 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by micktoxin(m): 11:48am On May 26, 2015
ylaa:
what am i doing in america? i must return to my country. so proud of my country. i dey pack my bag come back. bye bye obama.
Lol wait oo for another 5 years. Can't wait to see everyone. Some of us are at the forefront of our careers, so it's only right Nigerians benefit from us all.

2 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by elohorayodele: 11:48am On May 26, 2015
micktoxin:

Virgin Islands, American Samoa and Northern Mariana Island. They are in an unincorporated territory of the United States obviously.

Pls they are not states in the USA, calling them states is misleading.

2 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by chocho28: 11:48am On May 26, 2015
Obiodunukwe:
Nice Pics.

Eko O Ni Baje ooo

This is not a state in the SE, it is a performing state. Stop the hate
Must u put tribablism and regionalism into it? Yoruba dumbhead

1 Like

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by anonimi: 11:51am On May 26, 2015
deolu2000:
I love this project,the more reason why those that conceived the idea must not be totally out of Govt,hence what is happening to tinapa may happen to it.that said,i pray to see the end of it and get my own space and allocation from this project.

Are those that conceived Tinapa "totally out of govt" vis-a-vis the ongoing transition in Lagos
Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by micktoxin(m): 11:51am On May 26, 2015
elohorayodele:

Pls they are not states in the USA, calling them states is misleading.
Perhaps it is misleading, non intentionally I must add as it's still regarded as a state in USA. Nevertheless, the size is an equivalent of a lot of cities in America and England.
Will edit the comments.
keep the suggestions and the constructive criticism coming, as long as it's on topic.

2 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by elohorayodele: 11:55am On May 26, 2015
micktoxin:

Yeah, the point still holds tho. The size is an equivalent of a lot of city in America and England.
Will edit the comments.
Guys, keep the suggestions and the constructive criticism coming, as long as it's on topic.

nice topic,its a really gargantuan project, pray its completed and not abandoned

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by kd11: 11:57am On May 26, 2015
Azuri Prninsula foundation has started. The project has been upgraded to 31 floors on two towers and 29 floors on the third tower. All will be constructed simultaneously. Nice thread by the way.

3 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by mrmetoo1: 12:07pm On May 26, 2015
micktoxin:

Really?. I loved that render. Yeah, I was told it was in high demand the last time I emailed ekopearl. I wouldn't worry about that now, nor would I advice any one into a panick buy. Personally, the best thing is to wait because there will always be better option and you might end up kicking yourself. In addition, I am sure space will free up in eko pearl.

Exactly there'll definitely be better options but you know Nigeria is always a race to show who's the bigger boy. I personally prefer the Le Reve and Azuri Peninsula especially because the latter is in the marina district.

I'm not going to lie, I'm just excited about the banks getting involved that are offering mortgage

1 Like

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by yorubaboiy: 12:08pm On May 26, 2015
do dey really knw the consequences of taking a land frm water.........i really hate when pple take deadly riskks
Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by adeyeb(m): 12:10pm On May 26, 2015
i possess my possession@atlanta city

1 Like

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by sanmibukunmi: 12:19pm On May 26, 2015
It is developmantal projects like this that i love to see in our states. otunba Gbenga Daniel wanted to start a free trade zone but our ignorance didnt allow us to see it. now the idea has been flushed down the drain....Kudos to Fashola and other Lagosians.

1 Like

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by daveP(m): 12:35pm On May 26, 2015
Nice project. There are just few governments that will show beautiful prototypes and execute it to a convincing level. As for Lag, i know its going to be taken serious. But.........

1 Like

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by mrmetoo1: 1:00pm On May 26, 2015
kd11:
Azuri Prninsula foundation has started. The project has been upgraded to 31 floors on two towers and 29 floors on the third tower. All will be constructed simultaneously. Nice thread by the way.

Wow!! Great news

1 Like

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by Nobody: 1:11pm On May 26, 2015
mrmetoo1:

How can govt tell private individuals what to use their money for? I think some of you guys just expect govt to pull up in a bullion van and start sharing money, my guy if govt does that you won't have enough to feed for the week.

Projects like these are huge employers of labour, employment is meant to alleviate poverty. If govt comes to that your so called mainland and starts demolishing homes to create something like this, its you guys that'll come back and say they hate poor people. Or is your suggestion going to be if it can't be done on the mainland then it shouldn't be done at all? If thats the case how would we ever move forward as a nation. Bold ideas are needed to get our country out of this rot, if you think the oil Naija is producing is enough to get everyone rich, you're just deceiving yourself. This project is so important in so many dimensions, its incredible how people like you do not see the huge opportunites its going to create.

My guy better go wear you thinking cap and start coming up with ways to make (legit) money off this thing. People just like you from the same background are going to make millions/billions from this project. Do not sit down there waiting for government to make your life better all they can do is create an enabling environment, its up to you to take advantage of it

I dont know if you live in the country or not but I'm sure you can see and hear well. If the government can't tell the private investors what they should do to improve the cost of living of the masses , something is wrong with that government.

I'm not happy with the program simply because we still have more people out there finding it hard to eat just once. You mention that people like me would make billions or million from the project, how?

No offense but you just didnt make sense with any of that post. Because if we cant even afford to live in the mega city , whats the purpose of building it ? Banana island for example how many people can afford to live there?

Instead of trying to force a city out of the water front, they can build low cost housing estates in developing areas.

No hard feelings, it's just my own view and opinion.

1 Like

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by Alausa4real: 1:11pm On May 26, 2015
Are you sure this place is Lagos nigeria or new York city of America?

1 Like

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by braine(m): 1:21pm On May 26, 2015
NewNigeriaMind:

I say sound it loud now.

We all know how awolowo develop lagos.

We all know the sacrifices of Yoruba nation from all state to make lagos great.

Fast forward to 2015, someone whose father took a bus to lagos tell us lagos is no man land.

Say it loud and clear now.

The new city is nit developed by oil money.

Let set the records straight.

In some 20 years time they will want to share in the hard work of industrious yoruba nation.

I totally agree with you.
Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by mrmetoo1: 1:24pm On May 26, 2015
mistypiper:

I dont know if you live in the country or not but I'm sure you can see and hear well. If the government can't tell the private investors what they should do to improve the cost of living of the masses , something is wrong with that government.

I'm not happy with the program simply because we still have more people out there finding it hard to eat just once. You mention that people like me would make billions or million from the project, how?

No offense but you just didnt make sense with any of that post. Because if we cant even afford to live in the mega city , whats the purpose of building it ? Banana island for example how many people can afford to live there?

Instead of trying to force a city out of the water front, they can build low cost housing estates in developing areas.

Smh!! Again it's not only when you can afford to live there that it's beneficial to you. Tell me what you do and I'll tell you how this project will be beneficial to you. Just because everyone in a nation cannot live in a particular neighborhood doesn't mean that neighborhood shouldn't be created. So you think because the school district in one part of a city is bad, it should stop projects going on in other more affluent parts of the city. Please step out a little bit and see how things work, how wealth is created.

3 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by oduastates: 1:40pm On May 26, 2015
mrmetoo1:

Smh!! Again it's not only when you can afford to live there that it's beneficial to you. Tell me what you do and I'll tell you how this project will be beneficial to you. Just because everyone in a nation cannot live in a particular neighborhood doesn't mean that neighborhood shouldn't be created. So you think because the school district in one part of a city is bad, it should stop projects going on in other more affluent parts of the city. Please step out a little bit and see how things work, how wealth is created.

Nigerians love instant gratification. Most pay no taxes but want free stuffs.
They tell you we have free oil.
As if the oil is free.
As if it does not cost the oil producing areas( not states) in terms of pollution,rampant insecurity and health damage.
You say the government should do stuffs. I agree but someone has to pay it.
Most of you spend N200,000 getting the latest iphone, spend N100,000 for private schools, N5 million naira on weddings but pay not one penny in taxes.
Can you imagine what would have happened to schools, road, bridges, playground if all taxable adults only pay just 10% of their undeclared taxable income.
In other countries , people pay
Capital gains
Income tax
Sales tax / VAT
Stamp duty
Inheritance tax
Dividends
Tax on
Taxes on Interest,rents etc
MOT, congestion tax, road tax etc.
Corporation tax
That is why they have all those stuffs.
If you have no skin the game, expect nothing.
This will not make any sense to most but those who live overseas understand what I am talking about.
The average Nigerian in Europe or America only starts earning money for himself in April.
The equivalent of January to March incomes are taxes
In other words, you are the government's biiitchhh for the first 3 months of the year.
The fact is that many do not know their responsibilities as citizen and the leadership most often than not are chosen from this group.
Fashola and tinubu are simply anomalies. It is like lightening striking the same place twice.

5 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by shevon: 1:44pm On May 26, 2015
alotofgrace:
Present state....

Took this from office

Chief OP, if I am not mistaking, you purported office is on Tiamiu Savage and the picture of Eko Atlantic, which is the sandy expanse across the street where bar beach used to be, is just blank. It has been 3 years since I left Las Gidi for PHC, abeg, can you just show us pictorial status of the structures being built within the project?

1 Like

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by ba7man(m): 2:00pm On May 26, 2015
Its quite annoying when you realize we have lots of individuals that have stolen enough money from this country's coffers to single handedly finance projects like this.

Now imagine if they never stole that money but used it judiciously to develop cities round the Country...............

We won't be where we are.

1 Like

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by emiye(m): 2:03pm On May 26, 2015
mistypiper:

Private sectors are in for profit while delivering service/product.

What is your definition of low cost housing estates? What kind of houses and at what cost? Can a man who cant afford to "eat just once" afford it ?

1 Like

Re: Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) by Abbycite(m): 2:14pm On May 26, 2015
mistypiper:

No offense....but ur thinking is very shallow. one way or d other, everybody will benefit from dis.....just think deeply

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

The House Where An Agent Took My Friend To In Lagos (Photo) / ₦151Billion: World's Most Expensive Home, This Is What It Looks Like(Photos) / PROFESSIONAL TOUCH IN ALUMINIUM FABRICATION(windows,doors,rails)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.