Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,454 members, 7,819,666 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:15 PM

Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) (26180 Views)

Jubilation As Nnamdi Kanu Is Granted Bail (Photos) / 2019: Presidential Nomination Forms To Cost N10million / APC Manifesto Spending Plan To Cost N53trn Over Four Years - Business Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by Dollyak(f): 9:56am On May 27, 2015
bayulll01:

I will quote you and re-install brain to your head,Mr Phd you are too dull to understand that your little achievement is nothing to brag about,keep loving in your fooliShh paradise
After reading the back and forth, i can only say you are making a fool of yourself. This is a case of a poor man offering money to a rich man because he/she thinks the rich man is poor. You were wrong smh undecided
Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by omonnakoda: 10:00am On May 27, 2015
D1Wonder:
interesting! $2.5 billion dollars for how many kilometres of rail, what type of rail system, what type of trains on top? is this a brand new rail or its going to be on existing line? There are more questions to ask...who are the major contractors, financiers etc. its unfortunately that Nairalanders are not calling people to accountability before the project commences. We just take news hook, line and sinker and complain later.....I siddon look o
These are key questions and very reasonable too.I expect that information to be placed in the public domain. So far it is claimed that this cost will cover not only the track but also stations and related infrastructure as well as the actual trains themselves. One major cost of a project like this especially in Lagos state is the cost of compensation that has to be paid to those whose property will be demolished. Depending on the area this can constitute a very significant cost of the project. ie paying compensation and other legal costs associated with that You will ha hardly find any house in Lagos occupying a full plot of land that does not cost millions. Sometimes people will go to court if you do not dance to their tune even if it is just the gate of their compound that is destroyed.

In the case of a business or other commercial propert this could be billions X hundreds of property so I can see how it will cost that much to deliver a functional service in Lagos. I recall the Abuja light rail was about $500 and this is likely to be much longer getting to Ogun State
Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by Dollyak(f): 10:01am On May 27, 2015
teeowl:
The guy is praying for his tribe (Yoruba), that does not make him tribalistic. He did not insult or even mention any other tribe.

I understand, but do you understand why I said that. I will prefer a united comment, rather than a tribal specific one. please let's just unite with each other.
Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by Jobneeded12: 10:01am On May 27, 2015
In other news, we need more transparency on this budget, what sort of train is it ? Where's it covering etc

6 Likes

Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by CSTR2: 10:03am On May 27, 2015
While we are at it, can anybody show me the lekki airport and those phantom old canadian trains that fashola globetrotted the world to buy.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by omonnakoda: 10:04am On May 27, 2015
Jobneeded12:

It's those stupid Igbos o
When a dog barks at you you become silly when you bark back. Leave dogs to do their thing
Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by omonnakoda: 10:05am On May 27, 2015
Jobneeded12:
In other news, we need more transparency on this budget, what sort of train is it ? Where's it covering etc
Yes
Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by CSTR2: 10:06am On May 27, 2015
Jobneeded12:

THANK YOU OJUKU THOUGHT YORUBAS WERE COWARDS LOL NOT ONLY DID WE DEFEAT HIM IN ORE OBJ ENTERED ENUGU AND KILLED THEM, ADEKUNLE LIBERATED NIGER DELTA AND AWOLOWO WEAKENED THEM THIS IS WHY THEY HATE YORUBAS WE KILLED THEIR NASTY DREAM YEYE DEY SMELL TRIBE yeegbo
You defeated who?
i laugh.
If the war was between the Igbo and yoruba ethnic group in 1967, ore would be under biafran control today.
Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by bayulll01(m): 10:07am On May 27, 2015
Dollyak:

After reading the back and forth, i can only say you are making a fool of yourself. This is a case of a poor man offering money to a rich man because he/she thinks the rich man is poor. You were wrong smh undecided

Hey miss Dumbo who call you here,go wash ur smelling puccyy,guess u are Hot I don't do ho.o
Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by Dollyak(f): 10:08am On May 27, 2015
sinizia:

How do you even reason, Dolly? Someone made a comment you felt is aggressive to your tribe and suddenly he or she's Igbo? So only Igbos say unfair things about the Yorubas?
I am sorry if that came across wrong. Personally, I would've ignored those tribal comments, especially as they were an indirect dig at Igbos. Btw, I also challenged one Yoruba for making a tribal specific comments.
lol its better I refrain from this tribal topic, as I keep offending both parties.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by Safari29: 10:09am On May 27, 2015
truefact:

I said what is still holding you...seeing how progressive you are? To me, it is act of foolishness and cowardice that you are yet to start seceding

shoro niyen
Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by Dollyak(f): 10:09am On May 27, 2015
bayulll01:

Hey miss Dumbo who call you here,go wash ur smelling puccyy,guess u are Hot I don't do ho.o
Eeyah. It is well bro.
Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by CSTR2: 10:10am On May 27, 2015
Dollyak:

I understand, but do you understand why I said that. I will prefer a united comment, rather than a tribal specific one. please let's just unite with each other.
I don't envy you at all.
Your allegiance is neither here nor there due to your ethnically mixed parentage.
Which is why i will never support inter-tribal marriage of igbos beyond the old eastern region.
This country will divide one day and you will be free to go with your father's people.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by bayulll01(m): 10:12am On May 27, 2015
Dollyak:

Eeyah. It is well bro.

Yeah it is well with your soul aproko see your bonga fish body,watin man go knack for your body now
Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by IGBOSON1: 10:12am On May 27, 2015
micktoxin:

Why? What did they do in those days, to warrant such a comment from you? I mean, millions of people were killed, children lost their parents.. etc You know that right?
Please educate me on what they did in those days to deserve such a comment..
Your comment is by far the worst I have ever read on Nl. This is similar to taunting jews over holocaust.

^^^But why are you surprised! He said he'd have done worse than Awo....thereby inadvertently acknowledging the fact that Awo did something bad to us! Now ask him what Igbos did to Yorubas in the 60s to warrant such hate and bile.....ask him this and watch him waffle!

This hate is exactly why i want Ndigbo out of this country called Nigeria! No matter how you sugarcoat the fake nationalism and nationhood, this hate for us by some sections of Nigeria will never end!

3 Likes

Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by Dollyak(f): 10:15am On May 27, 2015
NewNigeriaMind:

I am sure you dad will be different when he knows the true mind of the other tribes around him.

Most importantly, what is wrong with praying for yoruba leaders. Pls what is wrong with my comment.

I will appreciate if you can tell me what is wrong with saying God should support yoruba leaders to govern yoruba land correctly
To be fair, there was nothing wrong with it and I am sorry about that. I hope you can sympathise that I am caught in the middle of it all, and I just want a united country. In this high tension period, I would've preferred a prayer that includes all, but still there was nothing wrong with what you said.
Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by sinizia: 10:15am On May 27, 2015
Dollyak:

I am sorry if that came across wrong. Personally, I would've ignored those tribal comments, especially as they were an indirect dig at Igbos. Btw, I also challenged one Yoruba for making a tribal specific comments.
lol its better I refrain from this tribal topic, as I keep offending both parties.

It's okay, Dolly. The truth is that i know you ain't tribal bigot, but i understand cos it's hard to comment on this section without offending another tribe. Nigeria is already too tribalistic.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by Jobneeded12: 10:19am On May 27, 2015
omonnakoda:
When a dog barks at you you become silly when you bark back. Leave dogs to do their thing

True
Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by Jobneeded12: 10:21am On May 27, 2015
CSTR2:
You defeated who?
i laugh.
If the war was between the Igbo and yoruba ethnic group in 1967, ore would be under biafran control today.

But the war in ore was yoruba versus igbo ? Abi is it fulanis that live in ore ?
BIA igbos are cowards
Was it not when yorubas entered war the Nigeria won
With Awolowo and Obasanjo working hand in hand if a the war starts today Igbos will lose again

3 Likes

Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by Anyi3(m): 10:36am On May 27, 2015
Dollyak:

That's just heartbreaking. The rivalry has brought out ugly hatreds from both sides. One person called me a bastard and told me I am not better than a goat just because my Mum married a Yoruba. Yorubas too are just as bad if you criticise their behaviour toward Igbos.
How I wish both side can sit down, be logical and constructive for the best of both parties.

Who is that person that said that? Give me his name and address angry
Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by 7lives: 10:47am On May 27, 2015
CSTR2:
Awolowo reneged from an agreement, you moronn.
If he couldn't understand the reason why ojukwu had to come all the way to ore then maybe his intelligence is overestimated.
Btw, you can't forge a new path with people who are no longer interested.
Forge your own path.

Agreement? written or oral, can I see a copy of the agreement? stop the tell tales, tell your folks to stop the pretence, Biafra can liberate themselves but Biafra cannot liberate others.
The blind cannot lead those who have eyes especially a race like Yoruba that is like an Anglo Saxon in mentality, who watch every move you make and quickly spot the treachery behind your moves.
White people may beat Yoruba but I have not seen that African tribe that can beat Yoruba in intellectual battle, Yoruba has the patience, white people called it courage, Bible calls it perseverance with which they can outfoxed any situation.
How do you think they survived their own trying period in this country?
patience, deep thinking and collectivism is their watch word.
They know that individually they can be weak but collectively they will be strong hence that broom that symbolize Yoruba A/c and later ACN.
Igba esinsin to ba doju ko owo kiku ni won ma ku.
One million flies cannot defeat a bunch of a broom, but a single broom cannot defeat a single fly.
I hope and pray you understand that " agbajo owo la fi nso aya, owo kan ko gbe eru de ori".
IRE O.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by omonnakoda: 10:53am On May 27, 2015
7lives:

Agreement? written or oral, can I see a copy of the agreement? stop the tell tales, tell your folks to stop the pretence, Biafra can liberate themselves but Biafra cannot liberate others.
The blind cannot lead those who have eyes especially a race like [s]Yoruba that is like an Anglo Saxon in mentality[/s], who watch every move you make and quickly spot the treachery behind your moves.
White people may beat Yoruba but I have not seen that African tribe that can beat Yoruba in intellectual battle, Yoruba has the patience, white people called it courage, Bible calls it perseverance with which they can outfoxed any situation.
How do you think they survived their own trying period in this country?
patience, deep thinking and collectivism is their watch word.
They know that individually they can be weak but collectively they will be strong hence that broom that symbolize Yoruba A/c and later ACN.
Igba esinsin to ba doju ko owo kiku ni won ma ku.
One million flies cannot defeat a bunch of a broom, but a single broom cannot defeat a single fly.
I hope and pray you understand that " agbajo owo la fi nso aya, owo kan ko gbe eru de ori".
IRE O.

A ji se b'Oyo la ri Oyo o ji se bi baba eni kankan
AngloSaxon bi ti bawo

YORUBA ARE NOT A TRIBE

You are beginning to talk rubbish. Stick to the topic
Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by LordTrezy(m): 10:53am On May 27, 2015
micktoxin:

In the real world, I wouldn't have the time for your type. With my achievements couple with some of my contributions to Nigeria and Africa, I consider it stupid to divulge further in my business.
Edit: The fact you even asked those questions made me smile.
Go and worry about your life and stop questioning someone enjoying everything life has to offer.
If you quote me again, you will be making a fool of your self esteem, which I will rightly ignore.
You guys should stop already. you two could have peaceful discussion without insults. You guys are learned, please embrace peaceful coexistence.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by LordTrezy(m): 11:07am On May 27, 2015
Dollyak:

I've seen your comments in two other threads, you are a wise lady. I would advice you to ignore those tribal e-warlords, it's not the same in reality. It's no crime you found yourself in the middle of two lovely tribe dear. Nigeria shall be great again. God bless your existence

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by Charly68: 11:12am On May 27, 2015
From Ogun state to Lagos state the rail cost Is on the high side though the project is laudable..I hope Ajumobi will network his base to Ogun & Aregbe though in huge debt now can pick up from Oyo to Osun..Fayose won't be too wicked to disallow his state from partaking in modern economic integration . I don't trust Mimiko but if he likes he can network

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by 7lives: 11:26am On May 27, 2015
omonnakoda:

A ji se b'Oyo la ri Oyo o ji se bi baba eni kankan

You are beginning to talk rubbish. Stick to the topic

Eni to bere oro ni mo fun lesi, gbe eni oriburuku e si ohun.
Ni igba ti won pe Awolowo ni odale ibo ni iwo wa?.
Eni ti ko ba ni iru eni, ko le mo iyi eni, won ko ni iru Awolowo, won ko le mo iyi Awolowo.
La eti e ki o gbo mi yeke yeke, bi mo ba tin fun awon omo oran wonyi ni pasan oro, fi tie se tie ma da si mi.
Nigba ti won nfi Tinubu nu ile nibi, a ko gburo e.
Mo so fun e, ma da si mi mo. So fun awon mods ki won ban mi, emi gan ti setan lati run si iwaju.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by Swiftboy(m): 11:26am On May 27, 2015
paabakp:
It is sad to see alot of people fighting for a cause they know nothing about.
One question for the Biafra fanatics is should Awolowo wait for the SE then to enter his region before facing them head on? Because if we actually read our history books which most of us don't, we would know that Biafrans actually took another region (mid western region) which does not belong to then during the war and were virtually at the door step of the western region (Ore) heading for Lagos the then capital of Nigeria. This is when and where Awolowo mobilized soldiers to defend his territory and unavoidably joined the war.

Finally, the war is over we shud come together and forge a new path ahead together. The enemies of our country is out there and within us. They are always looking for aw to divide us and also loot our country dry. The same method they have been using for years.
God bless you my Friend. Your comment is far more logical and intelligent than those tribalistic fools. The civil war was like a generation ago,should we make the same mistakes they made? As a matter of fact,if we've learnt anything from the civil war,it should be tolerance and Biafra should never be mentioned again. Nigeria must work. We've all pledged to defend her unity because its always under threat!

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by 989900: 11:29am On May 27, 2015
micktoxin:

Yeah we need more information. The cost is way too high.

You can't decipher if it's too high or too low, until you have the details.

OTOH, subsidy funds in the past 4 years alone, could finance 12 of similar project.
Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by Swiftboy(m): 11:41am On May 27, 2015
Do you feel colonized in your own fatherland called Nigeria? Stop the feeling right away cos its a wrong one. Yoruba and every other tribes in this great country of ours are no longer colonized. We're Nigeria moving forward in unity. You need orientation my brother.
truefact:
.why are yorubas afraid of being their own? Yorubas claim to be progressive and sophisticated, they claim to love each other, yet they coward enough not want to be on their own and have the most wonderful country in Africa..
Yorubas if you are all the goodies you claim to be, I bet you will be the one fighting for secession

Yoruba learn to stand on your own after all you could have been the first Africans to have independence. ..you claim to be first in every thing. ...at least you can be the first to secede and have a progressive country
Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by Atk1nson(m): 12:00pm On May 27, 2015
paabakp:
It is sad to see alot of people fighting for a cause they know nothing about.
One question for the Biafra fanatics is should Awolowo wait for the SE then to enter his region before facing them head on? Because if we actually read our history books which most of us don't, we would know that Biafrans actually took another region (mid western region) which does not belong to then during the war and were virtually at the door step of the western region (Ore) heading for Lagos the then capital of Nigeria. This is when and where Awolowo mobilized soldiers to defend his territory and unavoidably joined the war.

Finally, the war is over we shud come together and forge a new path ahead together. The enemies of our country is out there and within us. They are always looking for aw to divide us and also loot our country dry. The same method they have been using for years.

A people divided against itself, funny enough those who loot our public treasury don't care
Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by omonnakoda: 12:17pm On May 27, 2015
7lives:

Eni to bere oro ni mo fun lesi, gbe eni oriburuku e si ohun.
Ni igba ti won pe Awolowo ni odale ibo ni iwo wa?.
Eni ti ko ba ni iru eni, ko le mo iyi eni, won ko ni iru Awolowo, won ko le mo iyi Awolowo.
La eti e ki o gbo mi yeke yeke, bi mo ba tin fun awon omo oran wonyi ni pasan oro, fi tie se tie ma da si mi.
Nigba ti won nfi Tinubu nu ile nibi, a ko gburo e.
Mo so fun e, ma da si mi mo. So fun awon mods ki won ban mi, emi gan ti setan lati run si iwaju.

What does all that have to do Anglo-Saxon and whites? That is rubbish and evidence of colonized mentality. That talk is an own goal. Do you know the meaning of the word "tribe" ? I suggest you check it because in no way are the Yoruba a tribe. Yoruba are Yoruba full stop!! they are not like and do not want to be like any "Anglo-Saxons" or any other group. When did Anglo Saxon mentality become a standard for Yoruba ? How?
Da pada!!
Ma se pele ki o si ma s'oro siso ki o ma gba abode ori. Omode ki gun igi ogede ki o ma yo baara. Maa fi enu faa alejo ki alejo ti n di onile si aiye re.Ire.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos-Ogun Metro Rail Transit To Cost N456bn (Approval granted to start) by arcdone(m): 12:28pm On May 27, 2015
juz passing by.....God bless odudua ..God bless southwest.moving forward.that what we need

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Osinbajo Reveals FG Plans For Power Sector / Unknown Gunmen: No Police Checkpoints Anymore - Abia Resident (Video) / Atiku Presents 118 Exhibits In Case Against Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.