Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

Why NAFDAC Shuts Down Chocolat Royal, Cool, Wazobia FM Chairman On The Run - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why NAFDAC Shuts Down Chocolat Royal, Cool, Wazobia FM Chairman On The Run (49721 Views)

Lagos Lg Poll: Ward Chairman On The Run, After Collecting, Shared Aspirant’s N3m / Fayose Shuts Down Access Bank Branch Over Fani-Kayode's Wife's Detention / Dokpesi Demands Solitary Confinement Against Assasination Plot By Tinubu-Wazobia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why NAFDAC Shuts Down Chocolat Royal, Cool, Wazobia FM Chairman On The Run by vislabraye(m): 2:34pm On May 28, 2015
mmsen:

Nothing justifies them selling junk but there is even less reason to buy it once you come to realize that not only are most of these foods unhealthy for you but that the people behind some of the operations are shady and are putting your life in even greater jeopardy.

Consumers have a choice.

You can patronize good businesses or bad ones.

Consumers have a choice and the government also has the responsibility to clamp down bad business practices. This is a criminal offence.
Re: Why NAFDAC Shuts Down Chocolat Royal, Cool, Wazobia FM Chairman On The Run by vislabraye(m): 2:39pm On May 28, 2015
otunsman:
I dont think it's only chocola royal that is guilty of this nefarious act.I bought sausage roll yesterday and today.Kingsway gala and chivita super bite to be precise.It has expired since 25 of may and these retailers buys the expired products from the companies too.Some of the high profile supermarket dont dispose of their expired product.They sells to customers at reduce prices while same customers changes the expired date and resell to unsuspecting customers.

What you observed is true, but chocolate royale should be punished for what they did.
Re: Why NAFDAC Shuts Down Chocolat Royal, Cool, Wazobia FM Chairman On The Run by pansophist(m): 3:10pm On May 28, 2015
baby124:

As long as one of his parents are not indegenous Nigerian. It should be revoked. Including all dependents he got the citizenship for. I won't be surprised if he even bribed to get the citizenship. He has shown us that he has another country to go to, so revoking the citizenship should not be a problem. I hope all his bank accounts have been frozen too. Let his assets be auctioned off and people who think they may have been affected by his business enter a class action lawsuit to get some compensation from his assets. If una think sey una sick or una even get fever after chocolate royale. Find lawyer, maga must pay

Lol, Nigerian passport wey anybody fit collect with less than 20K?

I rememeber when my cousin did his and he filled a paper form and it was ready in two days. No official documents required apart from of course, cash and passport photogragh.

What I am trying to say is that he doesnt have to bribe to get it, thats to show you how useless of a country we have. Charity begins at home. If the country cares about its own citizen, ugly head like this wont metamorphosize to begin with.

SMH

1 Like

Re: Why NAFDAC Shuts Down Chocolat Royal, Cool, Wazobia FM Chairman On The Run by cecegorz(m): 3:21pm On May 28, 2015
nd07:

At the end of the double operations which lasted for nine hours, imported fake, unregistered and expired food products worth over N1bn stocked in these illegal cold rooms were evacuated in six Hilux vans and buses which NAFDAC stormed the place with

how realistic is ds? 40ft cold rooms wt their contents in just 6 hilux vans?

Can a 30 seater bus carry 2 passengers only?
The news item says the man has 40ft capacity cold rooms. It doesn't necessarily mean they are filled to the brim.
However, quoting the value of the (expired) items on the spot means the NAFDAC guys must be some genie.

The craziest thing about this incident is that mainstream media are yet to report on it. Someone called in to Radio continental about it this morning, and Boo Boo and his crew claimed they are yet to get any official report from NAFDAC.
For an offence of this magnitude, one expects it to be a national disaster, the type that will have CNN setting up call-in interviews with all and sundry to ascertain what exactly was going on.
But in my country here? All the media houses still are waiting for NAFDAC to invite them with Schnapps and kola nut first, before they do their job angry angry
Re: Why NAFDAC Shuts Down Chocolat Royal, Cool, Wazobia FM Chairman On The Run by mmsen: 4:07pm On May 28, 2015
vislabraye:

Consumers have a choice and the government also has the responsibility to clamp down bad business practices. This is a criminal offence.

The government has a responsibility but individuals have a duty to themselves to not behave as if they are beholden to these vendors. It's not even as if Chocolat Royal sells the necessities of life - if you know they are shady do not go there and tell your friends and family why you do not go there, they will eventually go out of business.

Government is not the solution to every problem, or even most problems. Civic responsibility begins with the individual.
Re: Why NAFDAC Shuts Down Chocolat Royal, Cool, Wazobia FM Chairman On The Run by daveP(m): 4:07pm On May 28, 2015
The way Nig. Info advertised this Royale sef. I was already planning to go there. This is a double, even quadrupled-blow to these media houses. Which mouth dem go get blame health organizations when they are even in a very contradictory position currently?

With all the investment at port authorities, yet its porousity is as big as the entrance of a cave in a barbed wire fence!!

(wondering and pondering)
Re: Why NAFDAC Shuts Down Chocolat Royal, Cool, Wazobia FM Chairman On The Run by Dragonking: 4:34pm On May 28, 2015
solid3:

I've been quoted on this several times, nobody spoke the way u just did.

You are very silly and stewpid. Now tell me, where in the article did they mention the name of the consumables?

Daft people in trying to b smart make a fool of themselves when a simple silence would have hidden their foolishness and stupidity. tongue

Quote me once more and get some more spanking.

Oya go to chocolate royale and find out..dopemu.

1 Like

Re: Why NAFDAC Shuts Down Chocolat Royal, Cool, Wazobia FM Chairman On The Run by solid3(m): 4:41pm On May 28, 2015
Dragonking:

Oya go to chocolate royale and find out..dopemu.

Oloshi ni e o, mi o de raiye iranu. Dan iska kawai. tongue
Re: Why NAFDAC Shuts Down Chocolat Royal, Cool, Wazobia FM Chairman On The Run by Nobody: 4:42pm On May 28, 2015
ferhyntorlah:

Haven't you heard that fast food is equal to fast death? I thank GOD my party didn't bring us up in the fast food way of life. I used to envy our neighbours who were regular visitors to Mr Biggz (that was the only fast food restaurant back then in the early 1990s) but now, I thank GOD we weren't taken there. Till now I'm not a fan of fast food joints/restaurants.
I don't eat junk o even whenever am gonna eat outside , I eat Nigerian Food from well packaged tiwantiwa restaurant ..... But once in a while u wanna treat ursef to KFCees,Biggs,Shoprite of these world and imagine as you are devouring the chickens, turkeyzz, licking d ice creams, chipsssss...... you are munching death, death .........

NAFDAC need to examine and reexamine as well as keep constant scrutiny on all these multinational Fast Foods restaurant in Nigeria ...... You will run from the local ones thinking multinational are of global standard , only for them to be killing one softly.

Awon oloshi eleribu. grin
Re: Why NAFDAC Shuts Down Chocolat Royal, Cool, Wazobia FM Chairman On The Run by MAYOWAAK: 5:07pm On May 28, 2015
shachris03:

you are brain dead.

Thank you so much for the compliment.Remember that the man that was once called brain dead is now the President elect.
Re: Why NAFDAC Shuts Down Chocolat Royal, Cool, Wazobia FM Chairman On The Run by MrPresident1: 5:20pm On May 28, 2015
Setaje:

Omo we live each day by the grace of God. I just always feel there is something really strong about the dark skin cus I don't think white men can ingest half of the rubbish we ingest. The toxic we inhale everyday. Etc. As for gala. I can authoritatively tell u that most of the ones they sell are expired. Gala manufacture date and expiry date are usually close. I think a week or two interval. So if u are not vigilant na expired own u go buy. I can't count how many times I have seen expired gala. Pure water or bottled water are pretty much the same to me cus almost all companies that manufacture satchet water are also doing bottled water. It is what they put inside their satchet that they put inside their bottle. Cannot count how many bottled water I have bought on the road that has taste. As per soft drinks. I also know that there are fake malts, beers, coke etc in the market. They are all done in aponbon. I have also bought fake guiness malt before. I just bought it and put it in my bag. When I was about to drink it I noticed the can was as soft as rubber. No be today I dey drink can drink so I no d feeling. All those small bakeries springing up are no different from Agege bread. They don't serve fake but they are highly unhygienic. I was told by a bakery boy where I used to live how they use their legs to press flour anytime their machine spoil. They will wear nylon on the leg and use it to press flour. What if the nylon tears?. Fast food restaurants and mama put are not left out. They are highly unhygienic. If u no how the food is being cooked. U won't eat outside again.

Lastly the people that sell the perishables. The market women. As a matter of policy. I do not buy things from women who are winning or still taking care of little children. If I see say the child never grow enough to tamba on their own . I won't buy from u o. Those market women wiv kids are the filthiest. Almost all their food has shit on it. I don see am taya. When u add all this things I have written and think of how nigerians feed. Almost everybody should be carrying one disease or the other. Yet we are still able to overcome.

Dorty no dey kill blackman cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why NAFDAC Shuts Down Chocolat Royal, Cool, Wazobia FM Chairman On The Run by Nobody: 6:43pm On May 28, 2015
IdiAmin1:
Why won't a Lebanese treat us this way since we prefer foreign goods to local ones and our ladies so lazy to cook these days.

NAIJA is a big joke. undecided

So it is ice cream that'll fill you up? Get out of here. Mtchew. angry
Re: Why NAFDAC Shuts Down Chocolat Royal, Cool, Wazobia FM Chairman On The Run by Dragonking: 6:18am On May 29, 2015
solid3:

Werey Ode oshi...go and chop more chocolate poison na...oju kokoro.
Re: Why NAFDAC Shuts Down Chocolat Royal, Cool, Wazobia FM Chairman On The Run by VickyRotex(f): 7:28am On May 29, 2015
eleko1:
CC.vickyrotex,NO MORE CHOCOLATE for U embarassed grin angry sad lipsrsealed grin

Eyah, ko de wa da bayi ooo

But its all for good sha sad

1 Like

Re: Why NAFDAC Shuts Down Chocolat Royal, Cool, Wazobia FM Chairman On The Run by Dragonking: 7:37am On May 29, 2015
solid3:

Re: Why NAFDAC Shuts Down Chocolat Royal, Cool, Wazobia FM Chairman On The Run by solid3(m): 8:19am On May 29, 2015
Dragonking:

tongue

Re: Why NAFDAC Shuts Down Chocolat Royal, Cool, Wazobia FM Chairman On The Run by KriTic24A: 6:07pm On May 31, 2015
Setaje:

Omo we live each day by the grace of God. I just always feel there is something really strong about the dark skin cus I don't think white men can ingest half of the rubbish we ingest. The toxic we inhale everyday. Etc. As for gala. I can authoritatively tell u that most of the ones they sell are expired. Gala manufacture date and expiry date are usually close. I think a week or two interval. So if u are not vigilant na expired own u go buy. I can't count how many times I have seen expired gala. Pure water or bottled water are pretty much the same to me cus almost all companies that manufacture satchet water are also doing bottled water. It is what they put inside their satchet that they put inside their bottle. Cannot count how many bottled water I have bought on the road that has taste. As per soft drinks. I also know that there are fake malts, beers, coke etc in the market. They are all done in aponbon. I have also bought fake guiness malt before. I just bought it and put it in my bag. When I was about to drink it I noticed the can was as soft as rubber. No be today I dey drink can drink so I no d feeling. All those small bakeries springing up are no different from Agege bread. They don't serve fake but they are highly unhygienic. I was told by a bakery boy where I used to live how they use their legs to press flour anytime their machine spoil. They will wear nylon on the leg and use it to press flour. What if the nylon tears?. Fast food restaurants and mama put are not left out. They are highly unhygienic. If u no how the food is being cooked. U won't eat outside again.

Lastly the people that sell the perishables. The market women. As a matter of policy. I do not buy things from women who are winning or still taking care of little children. If I see say the child never grow enough to tamba on their own . I won't buy from u o. Those market women wiv kids are the filthiest. Almost all their food has shit on it. I don see am taya. When u add all this things I have written and think of how nigerians feed. Almost everybody should be carrying one disease or the other. Yet we are still able to overcome.

Well said fella.

Reason i'm growing lean this days because i hadly eat out; yet my job dictates i stay away sometimes upward of 72hrs.
If i can't find fruits like banana or apples around, i'm mostly going to sleep empty.

There are times i live only on mangos, just as the name implies...."man-gos" undecided i keep going because i have my misgiving about road-side food.
Even the so-called eatries are culpable if you get my drift as this chocolate bar is a case in point.
Where i choose the risk to eat, it is with this disgusting thought of bad cooking and bad environment or rather a shoddy preparation.
Just like you observed, myself, to some extent got to wondering why i hardly fall sick.
And i ask: why do we black choose to be how/way we are?

Why is it that the love of money had occupied all the corners of our hearts?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Peter Obi And Adedeji Adeleke Chatting At The Commissioning Of Dangote Refinery / Anambra Election: 'Vote & Die' - IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha (Video/Photos) / 30-Year-Old Uche Annie Okonkwo Who Defeated Chidoka, In Rep Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.