Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,306 members, 7,815,558 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

Have You Ever Been Mugged? Please Share Your Experience. - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Have You Ever Been Mugged? Please Share Your Experience. (3737 Views)

Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. / How I Was Caught In A Group Fighting Scene..share Your Experience / Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Been Mugged? Please Share Your Experience. by lucabrasi(m): 12:08pm On Mar 30, 2009
mine was in eltham london and i was chattn on the phone on my way home then,as i got down from the bus,my shiny new nokie 8800 was snatched,and i was rooted to the spot just watchn the guy jog away and round a corner to an alleyway,the second was in a nigerian restaurant in south east london,was waiting for a friend on xmas day and eating,after i finished eating went to the toilet to ease myself and the guy came at me with a small pistol and took 650pounds off me,i was lucky i had some other money with me to pay the 8pounds or so for my food and bottle of water,not untill i told everybody what happened did they believe anything happened,and i v not been back there or in south east nigerian restaurants since apart from take aways,
Re: Have You Ever Been Mugged? Please Share Your Experience. by annamaria: 10:48pm On Apr 09, 2009
@lucrabasi, my friends and I always had a rule not to talk on the phone whenever we got off the bus at night after one of our colleagues got mugged in Leytonstone station one early winter morning. We all learned to take very few possessions and most of the time leave everything in our jeans pockets especially when we had to work early or late shifts.
Re: Have You Ever Been Mugged? Please Share Your Experience. by Epiphany(m): 11:22pm On Apr 09, 2009
lucabrasi:

mine was in eltham london and i was chattn on the phone on my way home then,as i got down from the bus,my shiny new nokie 8800 was snatched,and i was rooted to the spot just watchn the guy jog away and round a corner to an alleyway,the second was in a nigerian restaurant in south east london,was waiting for a friend on xmas day and eating,after i finished eating went to the toilet to ease myself and the guy came at me with a small pistol and took 650pounds off me,i was lucky i had some other money with me to pay the 8pounds or so for my food and bottle of water,not untill i told everybody what happened did they believe anything happened,and i v not been back there or in south east nigerian restaurants since apart from take aways,
Re: Have You Ever Been Mugged? Please Share Your Experience. by Ibime(m): 11:42pm On Apr 09, 2009
Okija_Juju grin

Which part of PH was that? It sounds like Ogunagbali grin
Re: Have You Ever Been Mugged? Please Share Your Experience. by busygirl(f): 11:46pm On Apr 09, 2009
[/quote][quote author=lucabrasi link=topic=234287.msg3662323#msg3662323 date=1238411318]
mine was in eltham london and i was chattn on the phone on my way home then,as i got down from the bus,my shiny new nokie 8800 was snatched,and i was rooted to the spot just watchn the guy jog away and round a corner to an alleyway,the second was in a nigerian restaurant in south east london,was waiting for a friend on xmas day and eating,after i finished eating went to the toilet to ease myself and the guy came at me with a small pistol and took[b] 650pounds [/b] off me,i was lucky i had some other money with me to pay the 8pounds or so for my food and bottle of water,not untill i told everybody what happened did they believe anything happened,and i v not been back there or in south east nigerian restaurants since apart from take aways,
. How come you had that much money on you?
Re: Have You Ever Been Mugged? Please Share Your Experience. by showbobo(m): 12:03am On Apr 10, 2009
Very funny thread. . . . . . grin cheesy Never been mugged anyway undecided
Re: Have You Ever Been Mugged? Please Share Your Experience. by platinumnk(f): 12:16am On Apr 10, 2009
embarassed wow,  very sad to read all this,

Now I understand why my father put a huge bulletproof door upstairs in our house in 9ja.

I'ma need Mr.Crackles next time I come to 9ja
Re: Have You Ever Been Mugged? Please Share Your Experience. by lucabrasi(m): 1:13am On Apr 10, 2009
@epiphany
i collected the money in london o ,i dont make it an habit of carrying that much money around
busygirl:

. How come you had that much money on you?
r you telling me off
annamaria:

@lucrabasi, my friends and I always had a rule not to talk on the phone whenever we got off the bus at night after one of our colleagues got mugged in Leytonstone station one early winter morning. We all learned to take very few possessions and most of the time leave everything in our jeans pockets especially when we had to work early or late shifts.
i learnt the same lesson the hard way grin,my poor nokia 8850 r.i.p
Re: Have You Ever Been Mugged? Please Share Your Experience. by lucabrasi(m): 1:15am On Apr 10, 2009
platinumnk:

embarassed wow, very sad to read all this,

Now I understand why my father put a huge bulletproof door upstairs in our house in 9ja.

I'ma need Mr.Crackles next time I come to 9ja
tell your dad to install bullet proof doors downstairs as well,because thieves dont fly in through the roof like santa claus
Re: Have You Ever Been Mugged? Please Share Your Experience. by busygirl(f): 1:20am On Apr 10, 2009
@ lucabrasi, i'm not telling u off. I only find it a bit strange for someone to have that much money on him/her. I'm sorry abt the incident tho. It's quite sad!
Re: Have You Ever Been Mugged? Please Share Your Experience. by AmAlone: 2:02am On Apr 10, 2009
Mine was just some few years back. All i remembered was that they were shouting at my dad: lie down!! lie down!! Where Is the Money?! lie down!!. . . The voice of one sounds like the one I new too well, I never saw his face but was sure as hell it was him. A man had just paid my father house rent about hundred thousand naira at that time and he even gave we the kids some extra money. It was about let me say 10 yrs ago. . . .

"Sunday, I saw you behind those masks you know. . . "
I new it was him all along. . . .
. . . .It Was damn frustrating--I couldn't prove a thing!. . . cry cry cry
Re: Have You Ever Been Mugged? Please Share Your Experience. by lucabrasi(m): 2:08am On Apr 10, 2009
busygirl:

@ lucabrasi, i'm not telling u off. I only find it a bit strange for someone to have that much money on him/her. I'm sorry abt the incident tho. It's quite sad!
no worries,i actually collected the money the very same evening,and it was on xmas day so the banks wernt open,thanks and i know better now smiley
Re: Have You Ever Been Mugged? Please Share Your Experience. by platinumnk(f): 2:28am On Apr 10, 2009
lucabrasi:

tell your dad to install bullet proof doors downstairs as well,because thieves dont fly in through the roof like santa claus

Will do so, i think he mentioned it the other day.
Re: Have You Ever Been Mugged? Please Share Your Experience. by Caradona(f): 4:28am On Apr 10, 2009
I don't know if I can say I was mugged but the effect is still the same . Like three Months ago, the Girl I share a Flat with, brought Home her date for a nightcap but in the middle of the night as I went to use the bathroom, I saw her tied up but thinking it was part of a sex game, grin I ignored it but I went downstairs to have a drink of water, There I saw Her Date carting away our Home Entertainment System. shocked I tried to Scream, He threatened to stab me and I was forced to part with our Rent Money. Anyway to cut long story short, He was later caught since then, we never bring any Man Home angry(unless is the One that has been "tried and Tested" grin)
Re: Have You Ever Been Mugged? Please Share Your Experience. by blacksta(m): 9:21am On Apr 10, 2009
lucabrasi  - na yahoo yahoo boyz  na only yahoo yahoo boys dey carry that kind money £650 around for pocket in london . Maybe one of his boyz set am up

lol
Re: Have You Ever Been Mugged? Please Share Your Experience. by agabaI23(m): 11:10am On Apr 10, 2009
Caradona:

I don't know if I can say I was mugged but the effect is still the same . Like three Months ago, the Girl I share a Flat with, brought Home her date for a nightcap but in the middle of the night as I went to use the bathroom, I saw her tied up but thinking it was part of a sex game, grin I ignored it but I went downstairs to have a drink of water, There I saw Her Date carting away our Home Entertainment System. shocked I tried to Scream, He threatened to stab me and I was forced to part with our Rent Money. Anyway to cut long story short, He was later caught since then, we never bring any Man Home angry(unless is the One that has been "tried and Tested" grin)
grin grin grin grin like moi
Re: Have You Ever Been Mugged? Please Share Your Experience. by lucabrasi(m): 12:50pm On Apr 10, 2009
blacksta:

lucabrasi  - na yahoo yahoo boyz  na only yahoo yahoo boys dey carry that kind money £650 around for pocket in london . Maybe one of his boyz set am up

lol

dude,whoever you are ill advice you to please promptly withdraw that seditious and libelous comment,for the sake of people who might read this later and make up an erroneous impression of myself as i dont appreciate being called a fraudster by a total stranger,moreover im reporting you to the moderator, who r meant to sort these stuffs out angry angry
Re: Have You Ever Been Mugged? Please Share Your Experience. by blacksta(m): 12:57pm On Apr 10, 2009
Oga - easy now - na joke
Re: Have You Ever Been Mugged? Please Share Your Experience. by nuesaweso(f): 2:22pm On Apr 10, 2009
blacksta:

Oga - easy now - na joke

that joke must cost a few million pounds undecided
Re: Have You Ever Been Mugged? Please Share Your Experience. by lucabrasi(m): 3:18pm On Apr 10, 2009
blacksta:

Oga - easy now - na joke
im sorry sire,im not finding it funny in the least, this is a site where hundreds of thousands of nigerians frequent regularly and that kind of erroneous assertion can be taken as truth by some who might think you know me or know of me.
Re: Have You Ever Been Mugged? Please Share Your Experience. by tubabie(f): 5:05pm On Apr 10, 2009
@ Topic

I have also been mugged when i was in Portharcourt some time ago.
I was walking out of my house around 12 noon on a sunday afternoon and after walking for about 15metres while other cars and bikes were passing i noticed a particular bike man and his passenger were parked about 20metres in my front with the passenger not alighting. Am very observant, so i found that strange. Normally when you get to ur destination the bike man is usually in a hurry to drop you and pick another passenger. As i approached them i felt so uneasy i stopped dead in my tracks and turned back to start doing a fast one back but what did i see? I saw another bike with two men also parked behind me.
The ones behind commanded me to continue going forward angry. Gosh with 4 men i had no choice cry. Then one of the small rascals brought out a grey gun, and told me to bring my cell phones and any money i had on me. Because of the shock of seeing the gun, i didnt move just stayed there like a zombie until he cocked the gun, ha really bad experince cry I moved very fast brought out ma cell phones and one without a gun wanted to start frisking me but i told him no that i had brought everything out.
The rascals jumped on their bikes and silly me i called out to them to drop my sim cards( that was 3rd time in 5 months i was loosing my phones and i was just tired of the whole stuff) they didnt sha. angry angry
You cant quantify that trauma, hmmmm , I heard that bikes have been banned from operating in Portharcourt, Thank God!!!!!
Re: Have You Ever Been Mugged? Please Share Your Experience. by Nobody: 10:16pm On Apr 10, 2009
I've never been mugged.
Re: Have You Ever Been Mugged? Please Share Your Experience. by Sagamite(m): 9:42am On Apr 11, 2009
I have never been mugged before but the stories are making me feel I need to be more aware.

See me always dragging a travel suitcase and laptop at night in London whilst in business suit because I travel for work sometimes. That definitely should make me a potential target.

Although I have quite a hefty stature, 3+ guys or just one guy with a weapon should do the job of mugging me. Knowing myself, if it is two guys without weapon then I will definitely fight even if I know I will not win, just stubborn like that and it might cost me one day.
Re: Have You Ever Been Mugged? Please Share Your Experience. by jaybee3(m): 9:52am On Apr 11, 2009
"the second was in a nigerian restaurant in south east london,was waiting for a friend on xmas day and eating,after i finished eating went to the toilet to ease myself and the guy came at me with a small pistol and took 650pounds off me"

tasty restuarant abi?
Re: Have You Ever Been Mugged? Please Share Your Experience. by lucabrasi(m): 2:40pm On Apr 11, 2009
jay bee:

"the second was in a nigerian restaurant in south east london,was waiting for a friend on xmas day and eating,after i finished eating went to the toilet to ease myself and the guy came at me with a small pistol and took 650pounds off me"

tasty restuarant abi?
lol no juzzy or jussy(not sure of the spelling)on plumstead road,but the guys hang around tasty as well
Re: Have You Ever Been Mugged? Please Share Your Experience. by Sagamite(m): 4:47pm On Apr 11, 2009
lucabrasi:

lol no juzzy or jussy(not sure of the spelling)on plumstead road,but the guys hang around tasty as well

Wow! grin

Thank God I have only ever ordered take away from Tasty's.

With this credit crunch, there are alot more hungry niggas out there. I have had at least 3 ordinary looking guys (it did not look like they were druggies)walk up to me and ask for a few bucks in Hackney and Camberwell in the last 12 months. undecided
Re: Have You Ever Been Mugged? Please Share Your Experience. by lucabrasi(m): 5:45pm On Apr 11, 2009
pls take an unsolicited advice,and dont ever stay longer than necessary in woolwich and the underlying areas.especially with the way the economy is at the moment,these boys carry guns around and are not afraid to use 'em
Re: Have You Ever Been Mugged? Please Share Your Experience. by Sagamite(m): 6:15pm On Apr 11, 2009
Lucabrasi,

I get you.

I was actually there when this Nigerian boy was dying in Woolwich after being stabbed.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article2363286.ece

I was driving past using shortcuts to avoid traffic when I heard some guys wailing. I slowed down and looked back as I had slightly driven ahead, then I saw a boy lying on the floor. I packed went there and there was this British Gas man that was holding him and had talking to 999 on his mobile. We followed instructions from the 999 operator and checked his stab wounds while we wait for the professionals. I looked at his face and quickly figured this boy cannot be more than 15 and by this time he was not talking anymore just staring at space and blooding coming out from his mouth as well.

Police and Car Ambulance arrived within 5mins. A Van Ambulance arrrived in about 12 mins and a helicopter Ambulance arrived and parked in the park by the curb he was within 20mins. But the next day I read in the papers he died.

His killers have been caught and are also children of Nigerian origins.
Re: Have You Ever Been Mugged? Please Share Your Experience. by wanville(m): 9:25pm On Apr 11, 2009
smiley
Re: Have You Ever Been Mugged? Please Share Your Experience. by JeromeK: 10:54pm On Apr 11, 2009
Like three Months ago, the Girl I share a Flat with, brought Home her date for a nightcap

but in the middle of the night as I went to use the bathroom, I saw her tied up but thinking it was part of a sex game

Is that what young people call it nowadays?

In a world of serial killers, rapists and assorted sociopaths you could have been relieved of a lot more than your rent money.
Re: Have You Ever Been Mugged? Please Share Your Experience. by Jarus(m): 12:48pm On Apr 12, 2009
I have never experienced it.

The two times they robbed our Lagos home, I was not in Lagos. I was in Kwara.
When they robbed our Ibadan home in 1999, I was also not in Ibadan. I was in Kwara.
When they came to rob our Kwara home in November 2007, I was not at home, I was in service in Sokoto then. . And these guys, as Popsy described them, were small boys 18-21. They locked all the children in one room, told Grandma they will not kill her son while they overpowered him. They went away with his newly acquired Toyota Camry, some cash and packed all the phones they came across in the house.

Street robbery/mugging? I have never experienced that one too. I stroll around in my area in VI carefreely but I have never been mugged.
Highway robbery? I have also not experienced that one too.
Re: Have You Ever Been Mugged? Please Share Your Experience. by blackboy(m): 9:46pm On Apr 12, 2009
Not Ikeja but Iyan woro. I've heard of people being robbed but you can't understand it , the feeling is terrible , traumatising , just not right. An experience that really when you call for harsh sentences to crime offenders you wont understand until you've been at their mercy.

Jan 1, 2007, Petrol crisis in Lagos but I still had to be with my queen. Omo eko, who dares tells me not to walk the streets late at night ( past 11pm). I was heading to the Island from Magodo. I was warned to spend the night but I move out late at night always. It's part of me.

Decided to break my journey at Iyana woro as I couldn't get a cab or bus due to the fuel scarcity. I was the only one at the bus stop and saw two neatly dressed guys walking past and asked if I could walk to a nearby busstop to get a bus to Obalende. They said sure, they would even follow me ( how stupid I was ) not long after we begun our walk I noticed they weren't in a hurry . I look at them and surly I could take the two of em on and knock em out . One now drew my attention to look across the road. I said what? He said didn't I see anyone coming I said no, later on he said so again and truly I saw a bloke running towards our direction. I was like lets split instead these guys grabbed my, I turned round to wrestle with the bloke he was not interested in wrestling, just held me tight while the other chap put his hands into my pocket and emptied it. The guy that came running came and started swinging punches at me , which I dodged but when I saw my pocket was emptied I told them to relax and stopped struggling. I then asked for my sim card and what did I get? A punch from the guy the came running across the road. All this happened along the express road. The boys ran after someone shouted Ole!! I went into a neighbourhood to ask for help trying to explain what happened they looked at me like a liar. As soon as I said I had no money I put my hand into my pocket and found a squeezed N100 and woman and her daughter offered me a night if I needed a place and to use their phone to call. I declined but said I would take their offer if I couldn't get home. I got a guy on a bike who took my to Oblende for N100 . They stole close to N10,000, a digital camera, another camera, tw mobile phone , necklace. It was a horrible experience I didn;t get over it for months. I don't move out late any more and still know those boys ( very young boys half my size - well the guy who punch me). When I see them again, It's a punch I'd give em straight before any talk. Do the Crime do the time. Boys like those should not be allowed to walk the streets. A had a big bump on my head for asking for my sim card back. Took days to massage it away. Damn!! di d it hurt but I thank God I'm alive. I could have sworn one of em was armed.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Side Chick Disgraces Abuja Pastor Who Allegedly Impregnated Her (video) / Yahoo Boy Cries "I Have Only 30 Years To Spend 80 Billion Naira" / Video Of A Nigerian Arrested For Drugs In Thailand Will Make You Cry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.