Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,208 members, 7,815,219 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

Have You Ever Been Mugged? Please Share Your Experience. - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Have You Ever Been Mugged? Please Share Your Experience. (3735 Views)

Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. / How I Was Caught In A Group Fighting Scene..share Your Experience / Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Been Mugged? Please Share Your Experience. by lucabrasi(m): 11:37pm On Apr 12, 2009
@sagamite
heard its gotten really bad now,the somalians who r mostly residend in woolwich actually prefer using knives,the nigerian kids carry guns and are getting younger and younger by the day, what i always tell people is never to struggle with them if you get mugged as a mobile phone and credit cards or a couple of hundred pounds isnt equivalent to one's life, look at the man they beat to death for askn them to leave the front of his house
@blackboy
dude,this is a word of warning,either its in lagos or anywhere else in naija or abroad,never struggle with thieves as your life is much more precisou that any amount of money or what not, the fact of the matter is that for anyone to decide to rob,then a level of desperation is involved,one of our drivers in nigeria tried to overpower one of the armed robbers who came to our house because he only had a cutlass,before he knew it another one coming from behind with a double barrelled gun shot him point blank in the stomach,the man died with his entrails/intestines spilling all over,bloodied and in spite of 200,00o plus deposit eko hospital collected, funny thing is that the robbers didnt suceed in robbing and was actually leaving
Re: Have You Ever Been Mugged? Please Share Your Experience. by lyfe(m): 9:20am On Apr 18, 2009
God knows, the major reason why I’m desperate to leave this country is lack of security, Our leaders tend not to value the lives of the citizens.
My daddy was coming from office around 7:30PM last week Thursday (day before good Friday), when I opened the gate to see my dad in the car and five men walking slowly as if they were passing by, we suspected them, but we couldn’t decide on what to do immediately ,maybe I should close the gate and let him zoom off and come back later , but I quickly opened the gate so he could quickly drive in , before I would raise my head people that appeared to be walking away ran toward the gate and quickly entered the compound with guns before I closed the gate I realized this , I said to myself that that I’m on fire, I quickly ran to back of the house looking for where to hide  because it was already dark and I had a black singlet and boxers  on , but I sensed it would be better I escaped from the compound, I scaled the fence with a security wire which I had thought I could never touch , landed in the bush behind my house, I was wounded though, I quickly alerted neighbours.

Called an Okada to take me to nearest police station after persuading him with N50, I dropped from the Okada when another person joined the Okada at my back because they look suspicious , The thieves  were wearing Ankara and while d Muslim cap ( Fila Sabaka).

To cut the fat story thin after 15minutes of scaling the fence I finally got to the police station and I was nauseated with the sight of the station I don’t know how best to describe the station, It was as if I was in a call centre/ Video club so dull, no ray of light not  even a torch light , if I had not looked up to see the inscription I would have thought I was in a wrong place. I saw a lady on a bench outside whom I explained my predicament to, she was holding a wonky handset. I was told that nobody was around that I might have to wait because she had no credit and was asking me if I had a phone on (When saw me with singlet and boxers with no slippers and blood gushing from my hand and scars on my Leg). Then quickly zeroed them and started thinking about the people I left at home. I handed the money meant for the Okada-man to her to make the call and sat beside the Call centre, after 5 minutes the Police we called flashed back (Meaning No Credit) called the police line again and I was told to go to another police station- in Lalupon in Oyo state claiming that my address was outside their jurisdiction Despite the fact that It was still same area not more than 400 metres from my house. I laughed in pain and gave up. Then It was done on me that I had wasted my time and risked my life trying to reach the police station.

After 40 minutes, I got back home, they have been bothered  and was looking for me because they did not know I escaped and they were wondering if they had taken me along. They took the car away and inside the car, there were handsets, purse with money inside, Ice cream, Tantalizer and 89k.
To God be the glory the car was recovered after a week from Iwo town  in Osun State with some  crumbs of Chicken legs with no muscles, on the seats.
2 weeks earlier Thieves jumped into my neighbours house, which was crowned with American security wire, and found their way inside via the ceiling, before they came back from church they carted away N2, 500 and drank almost a carton of juice before they left.
Re: Have You Ever Been Mugged? Please Share Your Experience. by samtoye(m): 1:31pm On Apr 29, 2009
I have actually had several terrible experience with the men of the underworld, the latest was on 2nd April 2009.
I work on the island and live on the mainland, i am the typical backpack carrying, laptop carrying, tie wearing, glasses wearing guy. On this particular day i worked late (accountant), my manager dropped me near the bridge opposite JULI pharmacy in Ikeja, near computer village, As soon as i alighted from his car; i was accousted by six guys on 3 bikes, two came down with guns, asked me what i had in my backpack, i said nothing, they hit me and dragged the bag from me, they took everything i had, My offical Laptop, 3 phones, my ATM card, My documents, my ID cards, all other stuffs i cant remember till today, they pushed me to the ground, jumped on the bike and was looking at me as they were driving away, a police was near there, i ran to him and he just shook his head and smiled helplessly, i ran to Area F, the policemen there told me Nemesis would catch up with the thieves, i was there till midnite writing statement, nextday the police demanded for money to give me a police extract.
The guys that robbed me were young nice looking boys, wore face caps, the irony is that some may even be on Nairaland and reading this message, the traumatic experience stayed with me for a while, its just funny how your sweat would be taken away from you with force, what excuse do they have? i am a struggling guy myself, i'm working hard, what excuse do they have?, I have moved on with my life but they are cursed for what they did to me and every other innocent people in that ikeja, sad sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Have You Ever Been Mugged? Please Share Your Experience. by agabaI23(m): 8:35pm On Apr 30, 2009
lyfe:

God knows, the major reason why I’m desperate to leave this country is lack of security, Our leaders tend not to value the lives of the citizens.
My daddy was coming from office around 7:30PM last week Thursday (day before good Friday), when I opened the gate to see my dad in the car and five men walking slowly as if they were passing by, we suspected them, but we couldn’t decide on what to do immediately ,maybe I should close the gate and let him zoom off and come back later , but I quickly opened the gate so he could quickly drive in , before I would raise my head people that appeared to be walking away ran toward the gate and quickly entered the compound with guns before I closed the gate I realized this , I said to myself that that I’m on fire, I quickly ran to back of the house looking for where to hide because it was already dark and I had a black singlet and boxers on , but I sensed it would be better I escaped from the compound, I scaled the fence with a security wire which I had thought I could never touch , landed in the bush behind my house, I was wounded though, I quickly alerted neighbours.

Called an Okada to take me to nearest police station after persuading him with N50, I dropped from the Okada when another person joined the Okada at my back because they look suspicious , The thieves were wearing Ankara and while d Muslim cap ( Fila Sabaka).

To cut the fat story thin after 15minutes of scaling the fence I finally got to the police station and I was nauseated with the sight of the station I don’t know how best to describe the station, It was as if I was in a call centre/ Video club so dull, no ray of light not even a torch light , if I had not looked up to see the inscription I would have thought I was in a wrong place. I saw a lady on a bench outside whom I explained my predicament to, she was holding a wonky handset. I was told that nobody was around that I might have to wait because she had no credit and was asking me if I had a phone on (When saw me with singlet and boxers with no slippers and blood gushing from my hand and scars on my Leg). Then quickly zeroed them and started thinking about the people I left at home. I handed the money meant for the Okada-man to her to make the call and sat beside the Call centre, after 5 minutes the Police we called flashed back (Meaning No Credit) called the police line again and I was told to go to another police station- in Lalupon in Oyo state claiming that my address was outside their jurisdiction Despite the fact that It was still same area not more than 400 metres from my house. I laughed in pain and gave up. Then It was done on me that I had wasted my time and risked my life trying to reach the police station.

After 40 minutes, I got back home, they have been bothered and was looking for me because they did not know I escaped and they were wondering if they had taken me along. They took the car away and inside the car, there were handsets, purse with money inside, Ice cream, Tantalizer and 89k.
To God be the glory the car was recovered after a week from Iwo town in Osun State with some crumbs of Chicken legs with no muscles, on the seats.
2 weeks earlier Thieves jumped into my neighbours house, which was crowned with American security wire, and found their way inside via the ceiling, before they came back from church they carted away N2, 500 and drank almost a carton of juice before they left.
This is unfortunate but the bolded portion sounds very funny
Re: Have You Ever Been Mugged? Please Share Your Experience. by afruakan: 1:32am On May 24, 2009
Caradona =fucking dumb ass

how could u not check up on ur roomate when she was tied the Bleep up

u idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now what if he was a serial killer who ate people alive?

dumb dumb u wouldn of been in pain bleeding and seeing ur whole life flash before ur eyes stupid mistakes like the one u made next time should be met with death.
Re: Have You Ever Been Mugged? Please Share Your Experience. by afruakan: 2:06am On May 24, 2009
lyfe (m)
Nigeria-Ibadan.

=fucking idiot

why would u open the gate ?

pure ignorance
Re: Have You Ever Been Mugged? Please Share Your Experience. by GEW: 12:30pm On Aug 14, 2009
theives may they all be cursed with whatever they spend the money on

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Side Chick Disgraces Abuja Pastor Who Allegedly Impregnated Her (video) / Yahoo Boy Cries "I Have Only 30 Years To Spend 80 Billion Naira" / Bullet Seen In My Sitting Room, Under My Sofa.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.