Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,494 members, 7,823,156 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

Akinwunmi Adesina elected as AfDB president - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akinwunmi Adesina elected as AfDB president (28691 Views)

Akinwunmi Adesina: We Were Mocked For 'Cassava Bread’, Now Everyone Eats It / Dr. Adesina Sworn-In As Afdb President In Abidjan (photos) / Osinbajo In Abidjan For Swearing-In Of Adesina, As AFDB President (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akinwunmi Adesina elected as AfDB president by omazus: 6:50pm On May 28, 2015
You failed it bro by bringing Okonjo Iweala into this. Akinwumi worked but truth be told he did nothing in my region, South East, at least. But that is not enough for me to neglect his achievement in other places. If Okonjo Iweala's people are like your people they would have protested and fought tooth and nail that he wont emerge. So judge for yourself the difference.
Jorussia:
.kudos to akinwumi adesina.I saw no reason he wouldn't win,because he had the all needed support of the incoming president of his country, who even went as far as sending Atiku to go round the continent to sell his candidacy.Adesina was a good technocrat who made a substantial improvement of our agric sector.His election, is a lesson to us all,that in what ever position you find your self make sure you do your best possible. Unlike OKONJO IWEALA,he didn't have protest letters signed by Nigerians against his candidacy as the president of ADB.

2 Likes

Re: Akinwunmi Adesina elected as AfDB president by Idrismusty97(m): 6:51pm On May 28, 2015
I can't wait to see Buhari cabinet! cheesy He really can spot bright minds even in the enemy stronghold.
Re: Akinwunmi Adesina elected as AfDB president by Esinasinla: 6:54pm On May 28, 2015
Congratulation to him. Hardwork and diligence realy pay. Adewunmi is one in millions . I hope serious minded nigerians like him are appointed by our new oga presido

1 Like

Re: Akinwunmi Adesina elected as AfDB president by permsec: 6:54pm On May 28, 2015
bettercreature:
New Nigeria Keep the good news coming
Na under buhari regime em get int'l recognition and ministerial position abi?
Re: Akinwunmi Adesina elected as AfDB president by Ahmeduana(m): 6:55pm On May 28, 2015
Jorussia:
.kudos to akinwumi adesina.I saw no reason he wouldn't win,because he had the all needed support of the incoming president of his country, who even went as far as sending Atiku to go round the continent to sell his candidacy.Adesina was a good technocrat who made a substantial improvement of our agric sector.His election, is a lesson to us all,that in what ever position you find your self make sure you do your best possible. Unlike OKONJO IWEALA,he didn't have protest letters signed by Nigerians against his candidacy as the president of ADB.
DID YOU KNOW THAT YOU A CONFIRM UN-DILUTED BIGOT? BECAUSE ADESHINA IS YORUBA SO HE PERFORMED, AND SINCE NGOZI IS AN IGBO WOMAN SO SHE A FAILURE! YOU MAKE ME FEEL SICK!

3 Likes

Re: Akinwunmi Adesina elected as AfDB president by laurel03(m): 6:55pm On May 28, 2015
Dorrobucci:
Don't talk to my mother in that manner again.
...abeg sorry but mother jezebel will be probe
Re: Akinwunmi Adesina elected as AfDB president by freshdude99(m): 6:58pm On May 28, 2015
bushdoc9919:
Congrats.

After all...he was backed by both APC and PDP.
This is just to show you where Nigeria would have been if not for unnecessary tribalism and ethnicity playing out in our politics

1 Like

Re: Akinwunmi Adesina elected as AfDB president by SonOfEl(m): 7:02pm On May 28, 2015
Jorussia:

...why not? Adesina is YORUBA...that's why there is no noise. Is IWALAIYE not YORUBA?
Re: Akinwunmi Adesina elected as AfDB president by Nobody: 7:03pm On May 28, 2015
laurel03:
...abeg sorry but mother jezebel will be probe
YOU MUST BE AN EDIOT

1 Like

Re: Akinwunmi Adesina elected as AfDB president by Taofeeqajibade(m): 7:03pm On May 28, 2015
Congratulations Dr. Akinwunmi Adesina. May the Almighty be with you throughout tour tenure of office.

1 Like

Re: Akinwunmi Adesina elected as AfDB president by DonDiego(m): 7:04pm On May 28, 2015
The new AfDB boss is still a local African champ. Okonjo-Iweala had the entire world as her oyster at the World Bank. By the way, just two days ago FORBES names Dr Okonjo-Iweala as one of the World's 100 most powerful women just a week or so after Yale University honoured her with a doctorate which set off stomach ulcers in some people.
Re: Akinwunmi Adesina elected as AfDB president by arresa: 7:06pm On May 28, 2015
winterfell007:
love him or hate him. these were one of the technocrats in GEJ's government. others included: [s]Okonjo Iweala, Olusegun Aganga and Allison Madueke. i know ppl will rebuke Allison.[/s] but u need 2 understand. she's a complete technocrat even though ppl view her as controversially fradulent

rubbish......

Even when the exiting aso rock dullard talk about his meager achievements, he claims just Agric and never nnpc or the incompetent ewenla or whatever you call her..

3 Likes

Re: Akinwunmi Adesina elected as AfDB president by Emmasonic4me: 7:07pm On May 28, 2015
Congrats to him. I have always loved this man right from the first day I watched him speak on television. He's very articulate, composed and have a good sense of dressing.

1 Like

Re: Akinwunmi Adesina elected as AfDB president by tinuolababy(f): 7:08pm On May 28, 2015
I am happy for him.
Re: Akinwunmi Adesina elected as AfDB president by tomakint: 7:09pm On May 28, 2015
20pounds:
Positive things are happening! For the records, GEJ gave him an opportunity to prove his mettle while some people bashed him. They said his fertilizer hand-sets and Agric revolution were a scam.
Watch them invade this thread to identify with success.
Waiting to se GMB's cabinet. I hope it doesn't look anything like Yar'adua's.
Absolute Good Sense there bro wink they never saw anything good in Jonathan's government....another good one from GEJ!
Re: Akinwunmi Adesina elected as AfDB president by Nobody: 7:09pm On May 28, 2015
Pakingzzz:
Hi Nairalanders, I have 20pcs of brand new Storace deep cycle batteries. They are 100AH capacities each.. Am offering them for sale at 20,000 naira each..
I also have a couple dozens of brand new Mppt charge controllers ; 12v,24 10Amps. The model is; Tracer 1210Rn. Each goes for 8,000 naira.
You can reach me on 08122423549, or email me @; kingsleyobinna26@ yahoo.Com
im sorry i dont do business with igbos cos dey cant be trusted

1 Like

Re: Akinwunmi Adesina elected as AfDB president by teufelein(f): 7:10pm On May 28, 2015
lets hope he's not a typical yorobberman - light finger, u know what i mean!?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akinwunmi Adesina elected as AfDB president by gidjah(m): 7:11pm On May 28, 2015
Mubby4luv:
Baba did well supporting this here good man.. More seeds to your testis grin
yea ,he sure did .d minister did pretty well so so into his duty ,he was a jolly good fellow ,very oustanding
Re: Akinwunmi Adesina elected as AfDB president by eddychis: 7:11pm On May 28, 2015
Good he will make Nigeria proud.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akinwunmi Adesina elected as AfDB president by Dieumerci(m): 7:11pm On May 28, 2015
Big Congratulations to him! One good job deserves another. grin
Re: Akinwunmi Adesina elected as AfDB president by gregg2: 7:12pm On May 28, 2015
W
Re: Akinwunmi Adesina elected as AfDB president by Clinton207: 7:12pm On May 28, 2015
A well deserved appointment.
Re: Akinwunmi Adesina elected as AfDB president by tomakint: 7:12pm On May 28, 2015
Ahmeduana:

DID YOU KNOW THAT YOU A CONFIRM UN-DILUTED BIGOT? BECAUSE ADESHINA IS YORUBA SO HE PERFORMED, AND SINCE NGOZI IS AN IGBO WOMAN SO SHE A FAILURE! YOU MAKE ME FEEL SICK!
Trust me, most of the people you engage here are kids......better ignore that one undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akinwunmi Adesina elected as AfDB president by Jesusloveyou: 7:14pm On May 28, 2015
bushdoc9919:
Congrats.

After all...he was backed by both APC and PDP.
but gej never make any effort to make it happen.

1 Like

Re: Akinwunmi Adesina elected as AfDB president by Nobody: 7:17pm On May 28, 2015
Congrats! E Ku orire.

3 Likes

Re: Akinwunmi Adesina elected as AfDB president by Redoil: 7:17pm On May 28, 2015
Jorussia:
yoloba people were the ones protesting like spoilt child. Since adeshina is a yoloba man then methink their is no need to cry.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akinwunmi Adesina elected as AfDB president by Redoil: 7:17pm On May 28, 2015
Jorussia:
yoloba people were the ones protesting like spoilt child. Since adeshina is a yoloba man then methink their is no need to cry like a frustrated prostitutes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akinwunmi Adesina elected as AfDB president by Nobody: 7:18pm On May 28, 2015
Awesome.

Great news.
Re: Akinwunmi Adesina elected as AfDB president by laurel03(m): 7:21pm On May 28, 2015
Dorrobucci:
YOU MUST BE AN EDIOT
your mother and father is oloriburuku
Re: Akinwunmi Adesina elected as AfDB president by Jesusloveyou: 7:26pm On May 28, 2015
Ahmeduana:

u are wrong.

1 Like

Re: Akinwunmi Adesina elected as AfDB president by Jorussia(m): 7:28pm On May 28, 2015
Redoil:
yoloba people were the ones protesting like spoilt child. Since adeshina is a yoloba man then methink their is no need to cry like a frustrated prostitutes.
LOL,I nor be Yoruba man o,na Bini i be o.I didn't add Iweala to my post for any cheap tribal gains.We should stop all this tribal unnecessary war.

3 Likes

Re: Akinwunmi Adesina elected as AfDB president by hola106(m): 7:30pm On May 28, 2015
Dat s Gud news me too I need gud news in my life too

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Atiku To Sue Vanguard: "This Is The Most Disrespectful Act I Have Seen" / Osun Government Clears Air On ‘return To Half Salary’ For Workers / Tinubu Reveals Why He Has Declined Interviews And Debates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.