Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,441 members, 7,823,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

Akinwunmi Adesina elected as AfDB president - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akinwunmi Adesina elected as AfDB president (28690 Views)

Akinwunmi Adesina: We Were Mocked For 'Cassava Bread’, Now Everyone Eats It / Dr. Adesina Sworn-In As Afdb President In Abidjan (photos) / Osinbajo In Abidjan For Swearing-In Of Adesina, As AFDB President (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akinwunmi Adesina elected as AfDB president by pretty050(f): 7:31pm On May 28, 2015
Good for him, he has this cute gentleman looks and carriage.

2 Likes

Re: Akinwunmi Adesina elected as AfDB president by Daykoozy(m): 7:33pm On May 28, 2015
Time to start electing technocrats like Adesina. Imagine if we had an Adesina as petroleum minister or finance
minister.

2 Likes

Re: Akinwunmi Adesina elected as AfDB president by donveekings: 7:33pm On May 28, 2015
Jorussia:
.kudos to akinwumi adesina.I saw no reason he wouldn't win,because he had the all needed support of the incoming president of his country, who even went as far as sending Atiku to go round the continent to sell his candidacy.Adesina was a good technocrat who made a substantial improvement of our agric sector.His election, is a lesson to us all,that in what ever position you find your self make sure you do your best possible. Unlike OKONJO IWEALA,he didn't have protest letters signed by Nigerians against his candidacy as the president of ADB.
You are a BIG FOOL for mentioning Okonjo Iweala here

1 Like

Re: Akinwunmi Adesina elected as AfDB president by front247: 7:33pm On May 28, 2015
That is great
Re: Akinwunmi Adesina elected as AfDB president by Vanpascore(m): 7:34pm On May 28, 2015
He deserves it. Congrat sir.
Re: Akinwunmi Adesina elected as AfDB president by lexsals4real(m): 7:34pm On May 28, 2015
20pounds:
Positive things are happening! For the records, GEJ gave him an opportunity to prove his mettle while some people bashed him. They said his fertilizer hand-sets and Agric revolution were a scam.

Watch them invade this thread to identify with success.

Waiting to se GMB's cabinet. I hope it doesn't look anything like Yar'adua's.
so u mean Ngozi n Diezani doesn't been given that chance to prove themselves..now u hv proved to us dat ur hero Gej is selective in who to perform within his cabinets .. I thought he has power to do away wit any non performing minister..indeed Gej is a hero
Re: Akinwunmi Adesina elected as AfDB president by niceguy7(m): 7:40pm On May 28, 2015
amakaobiemeka:
Buhari influence don CHANGE him career, may29 na so so goodnews everywhere
Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeen!
Re: Akinwunmi Adesina elected as AfDB president by kenex4ever(m): 7:45pm On May 28, 2015
Jorussia:
.kudos to akinwumi adesina.I saw no reason he wouldn't win,because he had the all needed support of the incoming president of his country, who even went as far as sending Atiku to go round the continent to sell his candidacy.Adesina was a good technocrat who made a substantial improvement of our agric sector.His election, is a lesson to us all,that in what ever position you find your self make sure you do your best possible. Unlike OKONJO IWEALA,he didn't have protest letters signed by Nigerians against his candidacy as the president of ADB.
some people just waste their time to type rubbish. All this atiku n buhari story u r telling, who asked u.
Re: Akinwunmi Adesina elected as AfDB president by FLYFIRE(m): 7:51pm On May 28, 2015
Jorussia:
You are NOT saying ANY truth here. GEJ started & ENDED this whole one. Thank God he entered before your saviour buhari assumed office. APC & blatant lies...the bane of Nigerian politics.
Re: Akinwunmi Adesina elected as AfDB president by lexy2014: 7:53pm On May 28, 2015
Jorussia:
Am not a fan of d guy but congrats 2 him anyway. It shows what nigeria can achieve when we and our leaders support a common cause. One hand cannot wash itself clean
Re: Akinwunmi Adesina elected as AfDB president by darejem2002: 8:03pm On May 28, 2015
That's good
Re: Akinwunmi Adesina elected as AfDB president by lexy2014: 8:03pm On May 28, 2015
FLYFIRE:

You are NOT saying ANY truth here. GEJ started & ENDED this whole one. Thank God he entered before your saviour buhari assumed office. APC & blatant lies...the bane of Nigerian politics.
Hmmm...I believe there was more politiking that went on behind d scenes than u can imagine. Winning d presidency of AfDB or any other continental or international body goes beyond being a local champion. GEJ made input on adesina's behalf no doubt but GEJs recommendation wouldn't have been enough. Truth is GEJ doesn't wield that much influence on d continent. No disrespect intended
Re: Akinwunmi Adesina elected as AfDB president by bbdd: 8:18pm On May 28, 2015
tomakint:

Trust me, most of the people you engage here are kids......better ignore that one undecided

Nairaland politics section has been taken over by tecno kids with single digit IQ's
Best to avoid

1 Like

Re: Akinwunmi Adesina elected as AfDB president by ooshinibos: 8:19pm On May 28, 2015
he was one of Jonathan's best ministers

1 Like

Re: Akinwunmi Adesina elected as AfDB president by Nobody: 8:29pm On May 28, 2015
laurel03:
Best minister under Gej..... Not like jezebel madueke
haters..... Madueke the first female and first Nigerian to be elected OPEC president.....
Re: Akinwunmi Adesina elected as AfDB president by Nobody: 8:33pm On May 28, 2015
Nigeria, here we come! Praise God!! He served as Agriculture Minister diligently, successfully and harmoniously!!! No doubt he'll break grounds fallow and spread the resulting harvest to all who needs to be sustained by it.
Re: Akinwunmi Adesina elected as AfDB president by Orikinla(m): 8:38pm On May 28, 2015
Great news! And Muhammadu Buhari recommended him.
Re: Akinwunmi Adesina elected as AfDB president by FLYFIRE(m): 8:38pm On May 28, 2015
lexy2014:
Hmmm...I believe there was more politiking that went on behind d scenes than u can imagine. Winning d presidency of AfDB or any other continental or international body goes beyond being a local champion. GEJ made input on adesina's behalf no doubt but GEJs recommendation wouldn't have been enough. Truth is GEJ doesn't wield that much influence on d continent. No disrespect intended
Haha..bros, you will take these words back in two years time. Keep these to quote me.
Re: Akinwunmi Adesina elected as AfDB president by Proffdada: 8:49pm On May 28, 2015
20pounds:
Positive things are happening! For the records, GEJ gave him an opportunity to prove his mettle while some people bashed him. They said his fertilizer hand-sets and Agric revolution were a scam.

Watch them invade this thread to identify with success.

Waiting to se GMB's cabinet. I hope it doesn't look anything like Yar'adua's.
if not for his good nature the handset scam would've stained his reputation angry
Re: Akinwunmi Adesina elected as AfDB president by dekins: 8:55pm On May 28, 2015
Congrats. More development for agriculture, oil & gas and minerals in Africa.
Re: Akinwunmi Adesina elected as AfDB president by 4everGrand(m): 9:15pm On May 28, 2015
As I have always said, the only people I wld single out as ok in Pres Jona's administration are: Barth Nnaji, the Agric Minister - Adesina and the late Foreign Affairs minister, forgotten his name now. As for others, wash na im dem be.
Re: Akinwunmi Adesina elected as AfDB president by jelal007(m): 9:25pm On May 28, 2015
I remember wen dis brilliant man foolishly insulted GMB on twitter. Today,despite his short coming d people's general still gave him his support n even nominated him 4 dat prestigious post. Kudos to him.
Re: Akinwunmi Adesina elected as AfDB president by phranseeqz(m): 9:30pm On May 28, 2015
Well deserved. His reforms here in Nigeria are applauding enough, he just needs extend his bright ideas continent-wise and who knows where next?

1 Like

Re: Akinwunmi Adesina elected as AfDB president by omazus: 10:24pm On May 28, 2015
Jorussia:
LOL,I nor be Yoruba man o,na Bini i be o.I didn't add Iweala to my post for any cheap tribal gains.We should stop all this tribal unnecessary war.
all
And what is the difference. One came from the other and both have over bloated sense of virtue.
Re: Akinwunmi Adesina elected as AfDB president by Rhoteabarca(m): 10:25pm On May 28, 2015
A well deserved victory! Agriculture is d way.......Congrats man.
Re: Akinwunmi Adesina elected as AfDB president by omazus: 10:27pm On May 28, 2015
Proffdada:
if not for his good nature the handset scam would've stained his reputation angry

No those experts in staining reputation are his brothers and they don't do it to their own.

1 Like

Re: Akinwunmi Adesina elected as AfDB president by PenSniper: 10:48pm On May 28, 2015
ChimaAdeoye:
Congrats Dr. Adesina!
You deserve it! I am so proud of you and had prayed that you get selected for the good of Nigeria and Africa.

I am not a tribalist that will start an online application against you simply because you are Yoruba and served under GEJ.

Nigerians like you make me proud even though i am not originally a yoruba.
Some Nigerians with tribalistic mindset like those in saharareporter make one to literally hate fellow Nigerians.

People like one that uses "francis5" as his moniker on nairaland. He has licked the dust and made to cover his face in shame, if he has any.
Re: Akinwunmi Adesina elected as AfDB president by PenSniper: 10:52pm On May 28, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
Good new for all Nigerians....I hope some people will not cry

They are already crying.
Re: Akinwunmi Adesina elected as AfDB president by PenSniper: 10:54pm On May 28, 2015
oluwatomisin93:
congrat bro u worth am. Yoruba breaking record since 11bc. omo oduduwa. proudly Yoruba u nko.

Proudly Oodua

1 Like

Re: Akinwunmi Adesina elected as AfDB president by PenSniper: 10:58pm On May 28, 2015
Yorubbish:

Yeah

Only a yoruba can be sane afterall

Others are insane

Just like to the mad man

Everyone else is insane
Save himself.

You just exposed your frustration. After hbp comes stroke so beware.
Re: Akinwunmi Adesina elected as AfDB president by PenSniper: 11:10pm On May 28, 2015
omazus:
You failed it bro by bringing Okonjo Iweala into this. Akinwumi worked but truth be told he did nothing in my region, South East, at least. But that is not enough for me to neglect his achievement in other places. If Okonjo Iweala's people are like your people they would have protested and fought tooth and nail that he wont emerge. So judge for yourself the difference.

Are you from Mars or Neptune ? An slowpoke going by the moniker " francis5 " instigated an online campaign listing the other contenders as well as details of AfDB asking Igbos to send petitions to the latter not to appoint Adesina because he is Yoruba. Dont pretend you dont know just because the conspiracy has failed woefully.
Re: Akinwunmi Adesina elected as AfDB president by Nobody: 11:13pm On May 28, 2015
PenSniper:

You just exposed your frustration. After hbp comes stroke so beware.

Oh! Stroke killed your father, my condolences! And the hbp is hereditary in your mother's lineage, oh such a miserable fate.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bill Gates: "Why I Spoke To Nigerian Leaders" / Atiku To Sue Vanguard: "This Is The Most Disrespectful Act I Have Seen" / Osun Government Clears Air On ‘return To Half Salary’ For Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.