Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,034 members, 7,818,055 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:08 AM

Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa (33142 Views)

"Buhari Is Seriously Sick, Cabals Have Hijacked His Government" – Olu Adegboruwa / Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa Files Suit Against Buhari Over Delay In Appointing Ministers / Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-olu Adegboruwa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by sweatlana: 8:11am On May 30, 2015
All those *ready to die for buhari* bigots, I can't wait to hear what you all will be saying in about 1 year
Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by iidibaraya(m): 8:11am On May 30, 2015
Mention or no mention it doesn't matter the work will speak for it self, when Oga jona gave his own did he fulfill all- PDP should stop spoiling this man that waht ever he did they will say sth to tell the world that whether he is incompetent or something pls let him be, is only God that's perfect not human
Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by Ahmeduana(m): 8:13am On May 30, 2015
Sweetguy25:
I like the speech the way it is. Due to his frail health and terrible accent, he shouldn't be making long speeches. Else, He might kill himself and his audience.
ARE YOU COVERING UP AN HIDDEN DEFICIENCY? PERSON NO DEY JUMP ENTER INSIDE RIVER MAKE HE DEY SHOUT COLD, HE SAID HE IS CAPABLE OF LEADING THE NATION, SO ALL THOSE YARN WEY YOU YARN PUT FOR THERE NO BE MY OWN, HE MUST PERFORM HIS STATUARY RESPONSIBITY, EITHER HE TAKES 24HOURS OR 3DAYS TO DELIVER A SPEECH, E NO CONSIGN NIGERIANS.
Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by Chibex50(f): 8:13am On May 30, 2015
I dint even understand what he is saying,,,, can someone just explain to me what he meant in one sentence..
Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by ndcide(m): 8:14am On May 30, 2015
Of course, the Adegboruwa is on point.
Buhari didn't make Nigerians have a grasp of the real direction of his government.

He failed to address the issues of now. I said it in one of my other post.
-he said nothing about the present petroleum crisis.
-he didn't tell us what will be done differently on bokoharam. I believe that buhari knows what some section of the country feel about bokoharam. So killing all of bokoharam today does not dispel the fact that it's ethno political.
-Buhari did not give us a direction on how to address the infrastructure deficiency of the country. Will ongoing projects like the second Niger bridge be reviewed or it will continue. The proposed and ongoing railway
A lot of very important things were not said and hence made most of what he said neither here nor there.

The only catch phrase was that he belongs to nobody. But is that what we should be jubilant about?

Heck!!!!!

We must not take this government thing as if it's buhari vs Jonathan.

Look at the response so far from buhari supporters. Just to shallow that you wonder if it's the same people that screamed that they wanted good governance.

Looks like they don't really know what they were saying.

Again I say Adegboruwa was on point.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by seeker121(m): 8:15am On May 30, 2015
mtchew soro niyi,some lawyers are so daft that they don't think before they criticised.Anyway he is entitle to his own opinion as a citizen but this is absolutely rubbish.
Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by Akon419(m): 8:15am On May 30, 2015
I said it, buhari is a definition of F00l and empty head. In the next few months Nigerians will notice that they have actually entered into one chance

3 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by idithlove(f): 8:15am On May 30, 2015
Ok heard,,,,buh let the man rest okay
Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by obichiekweibe59: 8:15am On May 30, 2015
Mr lawyer,it took almost 4yrs before nigerians started complaining bitterly about GEJ.Your comment seems you expect Buhari to speak and make assurances on all the problems of this country in just one speech.How unlearned can a learned man be.If the man can fix power supplyALONE in 4years its ok for a start.When you become president you tackle all the remaining problems in one day.The man has given us an insight into his arears of priority,so whats wrong with that?
Abeg,face your clients and let Buhari be.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by bobchigar(m): 8:15am On May 30, 2015
Oga lawyer what do you want to do with paper works? We are more concerned about the effective action not paper works. There may be good paper works but if it lack effective actions it is meaningless. Let's have patent and see their actions to solve those problems.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by lekwas: 8:15am On May 30, 2015
socialmediaman:
This charge and bail lawyer obviously doesn't know what he's saying. A president who hasn't assumed office to know the true state of the economy and have a closer look at budget and other expected revenue and perform on the spot accesment would be announcing to the world a blueprint based on no available data?

You didn't hear when he said the outgoing government didn't furnish him with information regarding all these important details?

I have nothing else to tell you and your supporters...

Leave the clown. He is busy talking climate change and economic down turn, so we can assume he is informed. What the president talked about in his speech were things which even the blind and deaf in Nigeria knows requires urgent attention.

I am not given to responding to political comments, but the trend here with some seemingly unhappy people just shows a general myopia.

You cannot use media or social media to start an opposition when you are not registered in any political party.

Did you see how the men who claim to be opposing themselves hobnob? Everyday Nigerians should look beyond the abracadabra of our politiking and design a roadmap of fruitful engagement with our elected leaders across party divides. I should think party politics ends with campaigning or so I suppose as the President did not say he was president of APC but of Nigeria.
Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by olasmith10(m): 8:19am On May 30, 2015
Action speaks louder than voice Mr lawyer...He can't turn superman over the microphone na..
Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by pipolad(m): 8:20am On May 30, 2015
ori e wa nbe baami
soe:
God bless you jare... Ani yoo daa fun o baami!

Agbejoro ...sorry.... The lawyer that said that trash is daft. Ode buruku nii..oorr!

He wants Buhari to give a 2hrs address after standing for 1hr inspecting the guards....then later the daft lawyer will say another nonsense.

For the benefit of doubt, permit me to shalaye ni shoki:

An Inaugural speech is merely an acceptance of responsibility speech and a pledge to serve. It has nothing to do with stating exact policies and so on especially when you have not consulted your Federal Executive Council..unless you are a dictator anyway.

Ehn ehn ehn...And did I just read where d oponu lawyer wanted Buhari to address the crisis in the Middle East Orrr....i have said it...the lawyer is so daft...

at least Buhari touched on the military travails, BokoHaram and chibok girls....ko se daruko bin laden ati saddam Hussein.

Obolo dudu laarin ahon.

Daft lawyer and OP
Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by williams20(m): 8:22am On May 30, 2015
socialmediaman:
This charge and bail lawyer obviously doesn't know what he's saying. A president who hasn't assumed office to know the true state of the economy and have a closer look at budget and other expected revenue and perform on the spot accesment would be announcing to the world a blueprint based on no available data?

You didn't hear when he said the outgoing government didn't furnish him with information regarding all these important details?

I have nothing else to tell you and your supporters...

The only sensible response to the post , its a speech not a blueprint
Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by Bolosiye: 8:26am On May 30, 2015
fitzmayowa:
There is no need attacking PMB's speech, nigerians should hold him accountable on his campaign promises...

His speech doesn't really matter to nigerians, its his performance that matters...we don hear enough english/speech(es) since independence...IMO
yes! de key words dier is performance and action, not empty promises.
Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by Nobody: 8:29am On May 30, 2015
Chibex50:
I dint even understand what he is saying,,,, can someone just explain to me what he meant in one sentence..
he meant that your president buharı is an awkward ...meaning that buharı lack presentation and he is an illiterate

3 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by gdolls: 8:31am On May 30, 2015
This lawyer is a big fool
Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by bola4dprec(m): 8:34am On May 30, 2015
chibecanglobal:

www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/buharis-inaugural-speech-is-illusory-and-vague-ebun-olu-adegboruwa/
His excellence inaugural speech can be describe as a comprehensive one based on the fact Buhari said and I quote 'Your Excellencies, My fellow Nigerians I can not
recall when Nigeria enjoyed so much goodwill
abroad as now. The messages I received from
East and West, from powerful and small countries
are indicative of international expectations on us' this is indirectly talking about policies that will encourage better foreign policy.

' I am ready to listen to
grievances of my fellow Nigerians' so that lawyer have chance to talk, is free world.

'My appeal for unity is predicated on the
seriousness of the legacy we are getting into.
With depleted foreign reserves, falling oil prices,
leakages and debts the Nigerian economy is in
deep trouble and will require careful management
to bring it round and to tackle the immediate
challenges confronting us' from all indication Nigerians should sees this lawyer as a frustrated man Buhari talks about situation of the economy.

'However, no matter how well organized the
governments of the federation are they can not
succeed without the support, understanding and
cooperation of labour unions, organized private
sector, the press and civil society organizations'

Lawyer go and die

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by Wahala90: 8:37am On May 30, 2015
[size=13pt]I know that in a sane democracy, where people know what democracy is about, people don't bring an ex coupist to be their president. It shows that we don't know the real tenets of democracy. Sorry if you don't like that fact. [/size]
Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by laytoshtwo: 8:41am On May 30, 2015
Jaideyone:
is this the same Ebun that contested for HOR under PDP Lagos? She's trying so hard to be relevant

Get informed before posting rubbish,if you don't know the person you don't give the public wrong information.
Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by Nobody: 8:43am On May 30, 2015
I forsee this administration to be one where constructive criticism would be thrown into the dustbin and not allowed...just look at how supporters of buhari are calling this lawyer charge and bail and his opinion foolish...I fear for if this is the kind of reaction we would be getting if buhari is criticized for a wrong action knowing he is not a perfect man..some supporters here are as blind as bats...as long as it is buhari then there is no wrong...

I just hope freedom of speech is not destroyed in subsequent times..

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by zicoraads: 8:43am On May 30, 2015
This guy no get sense sha. We would criticise, but we have to be sensible in doing so. This is senseless!
Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by Nobody: 8:45am On May 30, 2015
Policies are always vague. Move on PDP boy.
Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by Chibex50(f): 8:46am On May 30, 2015
Chukwugekwu:
he meant that your president buharı is an awkward ...meaning that buharı lack presentation and he is an illiterate
lolzzz okay thanks bro...
But If he was better than him then he shld have been in his(PMB) position or a higher one..
At first i dnt like Buhari But we all got to give him a chance...
Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by BCharlie: 8:47am On May 30, 2015
UnknownT:
Egbon lawyer easy oh, dem go soon tag you PDP member

Abeg leave am, he dey look for favour. Learned fellow my ass.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by biltem: 8:47am On May 30, 2015
Clearly this lawyer is driven by her politics rather than fairness. She is expecting a man who handover note was given a day before inauguration to start making empty promises on what he is not aware of. Her benefactor - Mr Hat, destroyed the economy and the extent is yet to be determined. I know they want Buhari to fail, but he will not. wait for a couple of days when he will start action. We will then welcome ur criticism to make the government stronger.
Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by wazobiaman: 8:52am On May 30, 2015
Wetin dis one dey talk.....abi hin put earpiece for hear wen PMB dey talk.....for ur info;"africa is d centrepiece of nigerian foreign policy",corruption will be curtailed by reforming and strengthening d anti-corruption agencies.....wetin concern nigeria with middle-east.....abeg man park well....

....Its a new dawn!
#freshair#

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by Nobody: 8:54am On May 30, 2015
let's wait and see... I know Buhari would perform better than Jonathan.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by Moheat(m): 8:56am On May 30, 2015
HASSANAASIA:

What terrible accent?northen accent Is the best in nigeria
For your mind! Northern accent kor Notherner accent ni
Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:59am On May 30, 2015
soe:
God bless you jare... Ani yoo daa fun o baami!

Agbejoro ...sorry.... The lawyer that said that trash is daft. Ode buruku nii..oorr!

He wants Buhari to give a 2hrs address after standing for 1hr inspecting the guards....then later the daft lawyer will say another nonsense.

For the benefit of doubt, permit me to shalaye ni shoki:

An Inaugural speech is merely an acceptance of responsibility speech and a pledge to serve. It has nothing to do with stating exact policies and so on especially when you have not consulted your Federal Executive Council..unless you are a dictator anyway.

Ehn ehn ehn...And did I just read where d oponu lawyer wanted Buhari to address the crisis in the Middle East Orrr....i have said it...the lawyer is so daft...

at least Buhari touched on the military travails, BokoHaram and chibok girls....ko se daruko bin laden ati saddam Hussein.

Obolo dudu laarin ahon.

Daft lawyer and OP
He is the same lawyer that sued Buhari from dropping his "General" appelation.
Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by dustydee: 9:00am On May 30, 2015
chibecanglobal:

www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/buharis-inaugural-speech-is-illusory-and-vague-ebun-olu-adegboruwa/
Ok. Tell him to write his own so that he can read it when he becomes president.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by emeraldo56(m): 9:02am On May 30, 2015
If Buhari can tckle security and power successfully, all other things will fall in place

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Military Officers Given Ultimatum To Lose "Pot-bellies" (pic) - COAS / Jimi Agbaje Sharing Kerosene In Ajeromi Ifelodun / Police Beat Taiye Elebiyo Edeni, NAN Reporter At Dry Port Inauguration In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.