Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,027 members, 7,818,032 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa (33141 Views)

"Buhari Is Seriously Sick, Cabals Have Hijacked His Government" – Olu Adegboruwa / Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa Files Suit Against Buhari Over Delay In Appointing Ministers / Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-olu Adegboruwa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by Themandator: 3:55pm On May 30, 2015
Crisis in the middle east or North East.
Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by Nobody: 4:11pm On May 30, 2015
lexy2014:
Pardon me bros but was your post meant 4me or was it meant 4 Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa? By d way, what is "promise speech" and who is "DR"?

To whom that mentioned my quote was who that my post referred to.

If it was you who mentioned my quote then grap my post but if it wasn't you then disregard it.
Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by ozo13(m): 4:26pm On May 30, 2015
socialmediaman:
This charge and bail lawyer obviously doesn't know what he's saying. A president who hasn't assumed office to know the true state of the economy and have a closer look at budget and other expected revenue and perform on the spot accesment would be announcing to the world a blueprint based on no available data?

You didn't hear when he said the outgoing government didn't furnish him with information regarding all these important details?

I have nothing else to tell you and your supporters...
see finishing
Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by billyG(m): 4:27pm On May 30, 2015
chibecanglobal:

www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/buharis-inaugural-speech-is-illusory-and-vague-ebun-olu-adegboruwa/
who iz this half baked pdp lawyer?u want PMB 2 download text book 4 you,if u are not satisfied with his policy direcn apply 4 d complete copy of Apc manifestoe there is FOI act,stop displaying yur ignorant.crises in d middle east ma foot!
Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by jornie(m): 5:21pm On May 30, 2015
well,we'll see...btw

Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by lexy2014: 5:22pm On May 30, 2015
MightyD:

To whom that mentioned my quote was who that my post referred to.

If it was you who mentioned my quote then grap my post but if it wasn't you then disregard it.
So what's a "promise speech"?
Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by mickey45: 5:56pm On May 30, 2015
NosoChic:
What shall a long speech profit Nigeria?

We want less speeches and more action abeg......All these years and speeches made , what significant difference has it made?

The speech was apt and brief that to me is all that mattered. ...even a young child aged 12 can easily understand the speech.

Exactly!!! However from the little he has let on about his plans, I just hope GMB will not pursue a regional administration at d expense of all of us. Given that Agriculture and minerals (mining) (which are d two areas he said he'll focus on) only have above average footings in the north.
I'm still hoping he's d best for us though (not that GEJ is much of a choice either). But even if he can jst help us clear our system off corruption, then most of his other sins (trust me, they'll be much) can be forgiven (just like Obj with Mobile telephony).
Meanwhile, we await his ministerial list and I hope its not riddled with his age/town/barrack mates
Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by laytoshtwo: 9:12pm On May 30, 2015
Jaideyone:
educated illiterate. I asked a simple question. is this the same Ebun?

And your questions end with answers that the person in question is a "She" .You need to be arrested.
Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by laytoshtwo: 9:17pm On May 30, 2015
Jaideyone:
educated illiterate. I asked a simple question. is this the same Ebun?

I didn't want to reply your comment but if I don't you will think you are intelligent.

And your questions end with answers that the person in question is a "She" .You need to be arrested.
Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by Nobody: 9:36pm On May 30, 2015
lexy2014:
its wrong 2 "dislike" our beloved lawyer but climate change? Global warming? Middle east crisis?...these are impt issues but if buhari had actually talked about these, am sure d same lawyer would have said how do these issues concern us? An inaugural speech is an acceptance speech not a policy making speech. An inauguration ceremony isn't 4 making policies. Maybe d lawyer didn't realise that there were foreign dignitaries at d ceremony who weren't there 4d long grammar of policy speech.

Middle east crisis?...these are impt issues but if buhari had actually talked about these, am sure d same lawyer would have said how do these issues concern us?

That's exactly crucial thoughts of our immediate president GEJ which finally terminated His tranformation administration.

[An inaugural speech is an acceptance speech not a policy making speech. An inauguration ceremony isn't 4 making policies.]

According to the Lawyer's articles, No one is expecting His terms and conditions speech on the inauguration ceremony rather than the new developments that He may provide for His people(I.e promise). Beside during His campaigned period almost all His speeches was just an a promise. So you can as well address the pattern of His campaigned speeches as (promise making speech).

An inaugural speech is an acceptance speech.

An inaugural speech is never an acceptance/offering speech because Aso villa is never an a market squire where everybody we be allow to sell nor say whatever you may like to say to anybody not minding their personlities.
An inaugural speech should be address as an inauguration of a new campaign and that was exactly what the Lawyer was trying to express to you and Me. Thanks.
Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by kakashi12(m): 10:17pm On May 30, 2015
socialmediaman:
This charge and bail lawyer obviously doesn't know what he's saying. A president who hasn't assumed office to know the true state of the economy and have a closer look at budget and other expected revenue and perform on the spot accesment would be announcing to the world a blueprint based on no available data?

You didn't hear when he said the outgoing government didn't furnish him with information regarding all these important details?

I get your point. But wat data did he use to make his promises...I feel the speech was okay but we are waiting for 1$ = 1N
Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by lexy2014: 1:23am On May 31, 2015
MightyD:

Middle east crisis?...these are impt issues but if buhari had actually talked about these, am sure d same lawyer would have said how do these issues concern us?

That's exactly crucial thoughts of our immediate president GEJ which finally terminated His tranformation administration.

[An inaugural speech is an acceptance speech not a policy making speech. An inauguration ceremony isn't 4 making policies.]

According to the Lawyer's articles, No one is expecting His terms and conditions speech on the inauguration ceremony rather than the new developments that He may provide for His people(I.e promise). Beside during His campaigned period almost all His speeches was just an a promise. So you can as well address the pattern of His campaigned speeches as (promise making speech).

An inaugural speech is an acceptance speech.

An inaugural speech is never an acceptance/offering speech because Aso villa is never an a market squire where everybody we be allow to sell nor say whatever you may like to say to anybody not minding their personlities.
An inaugural speech should be address as an inauguration of a new campaign and that was exactly what the Lawyer was trying to express to you and Me. Thanks.
what has d middle east crisis got 2do with GEJs "transformation administration"? Is it d middle east crisis that terminated jonathans administration? I don't follow. Some of d terminology u use aren't conventional. 4 instance "terms and condition speech". What does that mean? Am not 2 sure how our beloved lawyer read d speech but it seems he is way off his mark. Maybe he was xpecting buhari 2 itemise all nigerias problems and itemise one after d other his solutions 4d problems. Do u no how long that will take? Even our beloved lawyer will still say not everything was covered adequately. On d 20th of january 1961, John F. Kennedy gave his inaugural address in which he said d now famous lines "ask not what your country can do 4u, ask what u can do 4 your country". A powerful and moving speech but devoid of anything on policy (even though it was d cold war era). Same goes nelson mandelas inaugural address of may 1994. A rousing call 2 citizens 2 come 2geda and b a part of d journey into a new dispensation. If our beloved lawyer was in d US in 1961 and SA in 1994, he would have said those speeches were "illusory,vague". U don't need 2 populate a speech with policy statements B4 it qualifies 2b called an inaugural address. Policies are communicated 2d people from time 2 time as d need arises. Its not a one day exercise. In all fairness, buhari went beyond giving an inaugural speech 2 intimating nigerians on some things 2 xpect in d next 4years. Our beloved lawyer over shot his runway. There has been a lot of speeches and grammar in time past. Nigerians already know what d country lacks and grammar and speeches won't fix it. Action will. I will prefer 90percent action and 10percent talk
Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by EMANY01(m): 1:46am On May 31, 2015
AceOfDiamonds:
undecided

His opinion sadly...Even the former US ambassador to Nigeria,John Campbell said the inauguration speech was detailed and full of specifics

Campbell ? Campbell that was mad that the north lost their hold on power in 2011, the guy that is rabidly pro-north and probably ejaculated as he was watching buharis swearing in ,that Campbell?
Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by Mapletraks: 2:32am On May 31, 2015
socialmediaman:

Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by kazman117: 2:50am On May 31, 2015
NosoChic:
What shall a long speech profit Nigeria?

We want less speeches and more action abeg......All these years and speeches made , what significant difference has it made?

The speech was apt and brief that to me is all that mattered. ...even a young child aged 12 can easily understand the speech.
Am highly disappointed in so caled lawyer and his professn. Must buhari narrated all d problems n solutns in d speech. Abi is dat wot we need or d action. If d man has notin 2 say he shud rada keep mute
Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by Jaideyone(m): 11:07am On May 31, 2015
laytoshtwo:

I didn't want to reply your comment but if I don't you will think you are intelligent.

dumbo arrested for what crime? smh
Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by walozanga(m): 10:21am On Jun 01, 2015
nonjebose:
What is more direct than his stand and strategy in combating BH. You expected him to comprehensively outline his fight against corruption. A wise man is slow to speak,but quick to listen. A wise man does not only choose his words,but also the time to speak

Nyz lines bro about the wise stuff.. Bt there is nothing secretive about making it all a lil clearer. Inaugural speeches are normally filled with strategies and more direct opinons not campaign promises cos he is already president.
Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jun 01, 2015
lexy2014:
what has d middle east crisis got 2do with GEJs "transformation administration"? Is it d middle east crisis that terminated jonathans administration? I don't follow. Some of d terminology u use aren't conventional. 4 instance "terms and condition speech". What does that mean? Am not 2 sure how our beloved lawyer read d speech but it seems he is way off his mark. Maybe he was xpecting buhari 2 itemise all nigerias problems and itemise one after d other his solutions 4d problems. Do u no how long that will take? Even our beloved lawyer will still say not everything was covered adequately. On d 20th of january 1961, John F. Kennedy gave his inaugural address in which he said d now famous lines "ask not what your country can do 4u, ask what u can do 4 your country". A powerful and moving speech but devoid of anything on policy (even though it was d cold war era). Same goes nelson mandelas inaugural address of may 1994. A rousing call 2 citizens 2 come 2geda and b a part of d journey into a new dispensation. If our beloved lawyer was in d US in 1961 and SA in 1994, he would have said those speeches were "illusory,vague". U don't need 2 populate a speech with policy statements B4 it qualifies 2b called an inaugural address. Policies are communicated 2d people from time 2 time as d need arises. Its not a one day exercise. In all fairness, buhari went beyond giving an inaugural speech 2 intimating nigerians on some things 2 xpect in d next 4years. Our beloved lawyer over shot his runway. There has been a lot of speeches and grammar in time past. Nigerians already know what d country lacks and grammar and speeches won't fix it. Action will. I will prefer 90percent action and 10percent talk

The second to the last paragraph of ur attribute is my liking,
But we hav to understand that they people of our country been Nigeria don't judge without evidence and let assumed that Buhari voice out what the Lawyer was trying to say, Buhari would be thinking on how to meet up with His public sentiment so that other National Leaders will not mock at Him.
But it seems that Buhari purposely failed to hit the most vital words so that it may not be used against Him if He fail to accomplish His words* hahaha........
Re: Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa by lexy2014: 9:43am On Jun 02, 2015
MightyD:

The second to the last paragraph of ur attribute is my liking,
But we hav to understand that they people of our country been Nigeria don't judge without evidence and let assumed that Buhari voice out what the Lawyer was trying to say, Buhari would be thinking on how to meet up with His public sentiment so that other National Leaders will not mock at Him.
But it seems that Buhari purposely failed to hit the most vital words so that it may not be used against Him if He fail to accomplish His words* hahaha........
APC manifesto and buharis campaign promises are enough words 2 use against buhari. An inauguration ceremony isn't another campaign

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

#AtikuIsComing vs #AtikuBusted Trend Over Impending Tribunal Judgement / Military Officers Given Ultimatum To Lose "Pot-bellies" (pic) - COAS / Jimi Agbaje Sharing Kerosene In Ajeromi Ifelodun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.