Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,651 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:51 PM

Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? (43942 Views)

Ladies, See How To Escape Cancer In Your bosom!! / My Baby Takes Only Breastmilk / Does Pressing Or Sucking Make bosom Loose Or Increase Size? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by PrinceVictorE(m): 6:04pm On May 31, 2015
Bollinger:

Try telling some people that.

Of course as far as it's still in the breast.
Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by jnrbayano(m): 6:04pm On May 31, 2015
Dugozpweeti:

How you take see am? No be same
matter bring you come?

Estimable, behold your defender.

cool
Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by PrinceVictorE(m): 6:05pm On May 31, 2015
fadjnr:

You just took the words out of my mouth. Milk in a woman's bosom doesn't get spoilt.

I second that
Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by indiraserv: 6:24pm On May 31, 2015
Is my sex defined on my profile? No plus not being a woman doesn't mean I shouldn't understand some basic things

onlyson16:
mr man av u breastfeed befor? If no why ar talking what u dont no?meanwhile it left for the woman
Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by Pamcrest(f): 6:35pm On May 31, 2015
Amis:

My dear it's not true...my baby start teething some months ago...and he totally refuses breastfeeding so I switched to exclusive pumping..my last pumping session is usually 9pm and the next is 5am that's a good 8 hours difference and guess what..I pump and give it to my baby.

And what's not true btw what just typed n what I said? If u breastfeed yr baby well at 9pm, n then again at 5am when u wake up, that's good now. But try n go to work without breast feeding or expressing n see what will happen by d time u get back home. Moreover d amount of milk that gathers in a woman's breast within a specific period varies from one woman to d next. It also depends on what d woman eats or drinks.
So u just misunderstood me. I am a mother n did exclusive breast feeding for my kids, yet I had abscess when my son refused breast feeding n in my ignorance I didn't express d milk.
My humble submission
Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by adanduka: 6:37pm On May 31, 2015
OK, y'all I got this opinion from a nursing mother now.
When she visited her MIL and her baby was ill, her MIL opined that her breastmilk may be bad. And she had to do an experiment to find out.
This mother's milk was taken and poured on the floor where a big black ant (agbusi) could drink it. The ant drank it and didn't die. Hers being bad was then ruled out. Her MIL succeeded in proving her point by getting a mother who stopped breastfeeding 3days prior to the experiment. The ant who took this one died. And her MIL, this woman and the sour milk woman saw this with their eyes.

Has anyone else witnessed the agbusi experiment?
Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by Pamcrest(f): 6:38pm On May 31, 2015
adanduka:

Please, no offense, are you speaking from your experience?

Yes I am.....socially n professionally.
Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by zed7: 7:12pm On May 31, 2015
Ignorance is a disease. My wife traveled for 10 days, came back and continued breastfeeding the baby and he was and is still perfectly fine.

2 Likes

Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by MrTeymee(m): 7:26pm On May 31, 2015
Kasimaramma2:

very well then,you can give your child milk that has stayed for a decade in your breast if you wish

Madam calm down. Let's start like this. What causes food spoilage
Simple answer =Microorganisms
Mcos such as lactobacillus, enterococcus et al degrade milk by producing enzymes that degrade poly peptide chains in milk into simple amino acids that can be used for their metabolism...
So can milk in the bossom go bad? The answer is no. This is because breast milk is sterile ie free of contamination
Besides breast milk contains some antimicrobial agents but in low and quantities
I think datsall, have a nice night ma'm

1 Like

Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by lordtim001(m): 7:32pm On May 31, 2015
Story for the gods.Buh i heard that sperm too gets spoilt easily.So when u want to have sex,whack it hard on the girls mouth.The remnant will flow away undecided
Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by klodike(m): 9:29pm On May 31, 2015
Purulent information
Kasimaramma2:
Off course it does go sour!milk is proteinous.if egg that is proteinous can get rotten,how much more can breastmilk?...breastmilk gets sour easily compared to egg because the milk from the mammary glands in the breast react with certain enzymes in the breast.

1 Like

Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by Nobody: 9:58pm On May 31, 2015
onlyson16:
1 tuwaleee 4 u wit 1 litre of gas 4 u,apy birday aluba
thanks bro.. **rush go pour am inside generator
Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by femo86(m): 10:01pm On May 31, 2015
Papilo You dey make us proud... grin
Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by Lolaabokoku(f): 11:22pm On May 31, 2015
So interested in this topic
Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by Originalsly: 11:34pm On May 31, 2015
adanduka:
OK, y'all I got this opinion from a nursing mother now.
When she visited her MIL and her baby was ill, her MIL opined that her breastmilk may be bad. And she had to do an experiment to find out.
This mother's milk was taken and poured on the floor where a big black ant (agbusi) could drink it. The ant drank it and didn't die. Hers being bad was then ruled out. Her MIL succeeded in proving her point by getting a mother who stopped breastfeeding 3days prior to the experiment. The ant who took this one died. And her MIL, this woman and the sour milk woman saw this with their eyes.

Has anyone else witnessed the agbusi experiment?
What is your opinion? My advice to you is to stop believing everything you are told. Would you have such a MIL attend and advise your wife? Do you agree with this type testing? If yes, shouldn't she then perform post mortem on the ant to find out if it really died because of sour milk? What if I told you I know of that experiment and within an hour of drinking breastmilk an ant would die? Do you ever wonder why ants don't be all over a woman's breasts trying to lap up spilled breast milk?......just trying to jumpstart your brain to process and analyse information to come to reasonable opinions.

1 Like

Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by olushowunm(m): 11:41pm On May 31, 2015
adanduka:
Recently, during a discussion, I heard for the first time that breastmilk goes bad (becomes sour) in the breast if a nursing mother doesn't breastfeed for a long time say 6-7 hours.
As I tried to argue that it couldn't be possible, a nursing mother told me that it is a fact from experience.
Another woman also told me about her neighbour, a nursing mum, who comes back from work and due to the long period she hasn't breastfed the baby, she has to pour cold water on her breast and let's the accumulated milk run off before breastfeeding her baby.
They claim feeding a baby that milk will cause the baby to vomit, stool and become ill.

Well, I had to do my research, thanks to the internet, we are exposed to a vast wealth of knowledge.

I think these women are wrong.
However, I would want to know what your opinions are.
Spinsters and bachelors, you most likely have no contribution to make so I hereby invite mothers to tell us more.

Illiteracy is a disease and I have promised some mothers I'll be letting them in on my findings.
The only thing I can remember was that my mum told me that I rejected her breast milk because it was sour after 3days after my birth. So I was on SMA Gold all through my formative years.
Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by Drabrah(m): 11:56pm On May 31, 2015
ZYZZA:
Does sperm go bad in the joystick
lol
I wonda ooo
Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by Drabrah(m): 11:57pm On May 31, 2015
Kasimaramma2:
Off course it does go sour!milk is proteinous.if egg that is proteinous can get rotten,how much more can breastmilk?...breastmilk gets sour easily compared to egg because the milk from the mammary glands in the breast react with certain enzymes in the breast.
My dear u goofed! Big Tym!
If u say egg gets rotten, wc egg in particular?
egg in it's shell ll last several months wtout getting spoilt buh rotten wtin hrs of being laid.
Same wt breastmilk. Doesn't get sour except it's expressed & kept.

1 Like

Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by Drabrah(m): 12:14am On Jun 01, 2015
No, it doesn't.
Only if d milk is expressed & not given 2 d baby does it go sour afta some hrs, depending on d temp it's stored.
Also, d mother's breast ll b engorged cos of excess production.
Funny thing dat c'monly happen in this locality (& annoying 4 dat marra) is wen mothers are told dia breast is bad. Hence, they shud stop breastfeeding & go 2 somebody somwia 2 wash d breast. Mtcheew!

1 Like

Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by nelandrewz(m): 2:00am On Jun 01, 2015
The Nairalander below me has something to say.....
Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by kazman117: 2:39am On Jun 01, 2015
adanduka:
Recently, during a discussion, I heard for the first time that breastmilk goes bad (becomes sour) in the breast if a nursing mother doesn't breastfeed for a long time say 6-7 hours.
As I tried to argue that it couldn't be possible, a nursing mother told me that it is a fact from experience.
Another woman also told me about her neighbour, a nursing mum, who comes back from work and due to the long period she hasn't breastfed the baby, she has to pour cold water on her breast and let's the accumulated milk run off before breastfeeding her baby.
They claim feeding a baby that milk will cause the baby to vomit, stool and become ill.

Well, I had to do my research, thanks to the internet, we are exposed to a vast wealth of knowledge.

I think these women are wrong.
However, I would want to know what your opinions are.
Spinsters and bachelors, you most likely have no contribution to make so I hereby invite mothers to tell us more.

Illiteracy is a disease and I have promised some mothers I'll be letting them in on my findings.

Ofcourse it does, is even dangerous 4 a baby 2 feed on such a milk
Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by ehigie(m): 5:31am On Jun 01, 2015
Na Wa ooo! I nor know say breast milk fit go bad oo. Since e dey go sour after sometime, naim be say na YOGHURT come be dat now.

So na enjoyment the baby go dey. From milk to YOGHURT, and from YOGHURT to ALCOHOL if u allow am pass the 6 - 7 months.

Well, Na make I enter my lab now to confirm, lol.

2 Likes

Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by hibeekay20(m): 6:06am On Jun 01, 2015
#gbam

1 Like

Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by adanduka: 8:00am On Jun 01, 2015
Originalsly:
What is your opinion? My advice to you is to stop believing everything you are told. Would you have such a MIL attend and advise your wife? Do you agree with this type testing? If yes, shouldn't she then perform post mortem on the ant to find out if it really died because of sour milk? What if I told you I know of that experiment and within an hour of drinking breastmilk an ant would die? Do you ever wonder why ants don't be all over a woman's breasts trying to lap up spilled breast milk?......just trying to jumpstart your brain to process and analyse information to come to reasonable opinions.

I don't believe everything I am told. In this case, I am trying to find out
1. Can breastmilk be sour while still in the breast (because I was told it can)
2. If it can, what could cause it?
3. If it can't, what incidences make many women believe otherwise
4. How can I prove to these women that their belief is erroneous and they should stop depriving their kids of their right- breastmilk
Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by adanduka: 8:04am On Jun 01, 2015
hibeekay20:
#gbam

Why 'see me'?
That teacher is a suspect grin

1 Like

Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by jany(f): 9:09am On Jun 01, 2015
how can?

1 Like

Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by Originalsly: 10:33am On Jun 01, 2015
adanduka:

I don't believe everything I am told. In this case, I am trying to find out
1. Can breastmilk be sour while still in the breast (because I was told it can)
2. If it can, what could cause it?
3. If it can't, what incidences make many women believe otherwise
4. How can I prove to these women that their belief is erroneous and they should stop depriving their kids of their right- breastmilk
1. Fine....questions what you are told... before trying to find out what do you think? In researching what did you conclude? You should be wise now and know that breastmilk cannot go sour in the breast. 2. It cannot. 3. Because people keep repeating the same myth... and telling of experiments and proofs like the one with the ant.... and people keep believing without question. 4. It is difficult to change one's belief....ever try converting a Muslim to a Christian?...or vice versa? But in this case you may question the person and put them in a psoition to explain and defend their belief. e.g...Do you know...not heard of....do you know of anyone that ever produced sour milk?...anybody in your family?...not even once? Ever know or even heard of anyone milking cows had to throw away the freshly drawn milk because it came out sour? Don't you think you don't know of any such incident because it never happens?
Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by moreInchies: 10:49am On Jun 01, 2015
kalindaminda:

How do I grow my penis? I've been waiting for it to grow
kindly add up the pin in my signature for discussion or better still, use the link in my signature. discussing here might lead to ban.
Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by moreInchies: 10:52am On Jun 01, 2015
onlyson16:
so that's ur occupation
part of it. Am a medical researcher working at university college hospital (UCH)
Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by adanduka: 11:52am On Jun 01, 2015
Originalsly:
1. Fine....questions what you are told... before trying to find out what do you think? In researching what did you conclude? You should be wise now and know that breastmilk cannot go sour in the breast. 2. It cannot. 3. Because people keep repeating the same myth... and telling of experiments and proofs like the one with the ant.... and people keep believing without question. 4. It is difficult to change one's belief....ever try converting a Muslim to a Christian?...or vice versa? But in this case you may question the person and put them in a psoition to explain and defend their belief. e.g...Do you know...not heard of....do you know of anyone that ever produced sour milk?...anybody in your family?...not even once? Ever know or even heard of anyone milking cows had to throw away the freshly drawn milk because it came out sour? Don't you think you don't know of any such incident because it never happens?

Not knowing about incidents does not mean it never happens. There's always an 'ah' moment when you learn about something which is a fact and has always been. You never knew and you now know. Einstein's discoveries were always there but became known after he discovered them.
Summary, never discard an observation until you can disprove it. Experiments and results can lead to its endorsement as a fact.

So far, I haven't done any experiments; I am an Industrial Chemist and I have other pressing interests.
However, from my little research I think it is a myth which is widely believed even beyond Africa.
Thanks so much for your input.

1 Like

Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by Originalsly: 12:11pm On Jun 01, 2015
Hmmm...."widely believed beyond Africa"...I don't know about that! On your little research....and observations you believe it's a myth...fair enough. Whenever you make time...I would be sooo interested to learn about your ehmm...experiment to come to a firm conclusion! After all is said and done....nothing is impossible under the sun.
Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by onlyson16(m): 3:40pm On Jun 01, 2015
moreInchies:
part of it. Am a medical researcher working at university college hospital (UCH)
waoo nice

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Mohammed Abubakar Tests Positive Again, 4 Weeks After / Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain / Things to avoid doing right after waking up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.