Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,223 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:44 AM

Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? (43876 Views)

Ladies, See How To Escape Cancer In Your bosom!! / My Baby Takes Only Breastmilk / Does Pressing Or Sucking Make bosom Loose Or Increase Size? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by onlyson16(m): 5:10pm On May 31, 2015
Amis:
Breastmilk still in the bosom can't go bad...am a breastfeeding mum n sometimes go on without bosom feeding or pumping for my little one in 5 to 6hrs...d only implication that I have seen is that its produces a lot of foremilk which doesn't contain much nutrient...so in that instance I pump for longer period to be able to pump all the foremilk out...because baby wont be able to suck for that long period and end up with the foremilk...not that the foremilk isn't good but with less utritional value..studies even show that freshly pumped breastmilk is good within room temperature for 4 to. 6hrs so I don't know why milk within the bosom will go bad within the same hours.

am not sur can i test ur own?
Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by Dugozpweeti(f): 5:11pm On May 31, 2015
Kasimaramma2:

hmmn...smh
Dear,i dont post for the purpose of posting but for advice n answers to WHAT I AM SURE OF.The enzyme is called lipase-which is responsible for breaking down fats in the milk.when it reacte excessively with the milk,it gets sour
No offense please, don't you think sperm should go sour too after a long period if its not removed from the body?

1 Like

Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by Nobody: 5:11pm On May 31, 2015
Kasimaramma2:

and it is your PATHETIC father that was my first customer...

How much do you cost? I want to investigate your claims grin
Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by Amis(f): 5:12pm On May 31, 2015
Kasimaramma2:

hmmn...smh
Dear,i dont post for the purpose of posting but for advice n answers to WHAT I AM SURE OF.The enzyme is called lipase-which is responsible for breaking down fats in the milk.when it reacte excessively with the milk,it gets sour

Hi kasimaramma2 ure getting this mixed up..fine this enzyme called lipase affect breastmilk if it's presence is high but it only affect breastmilk that is stored for future use..and this can even be rectify by scalding the milk before use...Lipase won't affect milk still in the bosom.

4 Likes

Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by adanduka: 5:13pm On May 31, 2015
Amis:

@adanduka..yes I fed my baby the 6hrs foremilk after my pumping session so with that the foremilk is mixed with the more nutritional milk...you can distinguish both because foremilk is lighter

Learning...
Thanks
Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by Dugozpweeti(f): 5:14pm On May 31, 2015
jnrbayano:

See you perch for frontpage like Ugoloma because of b.reast matter?

Confess! grin
How you take see am? No be same matter bring you come?
Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by piicity(m): 5:14pm On May 31, 2015
My own is to touch bossom wetin consign me about natural milk factory.
Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by Amis(f): 5:14pm On May 31, 2015
onlyson16:
am not sur can i test ur own?

Lol...that will be adult abuse grin
Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by Kasimaramma2(f): 5:14pm On May 31, 2015
kalindaminda:

No one cares about you lady
trust me i would get my pound of flesh for that statement,...before i die
Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by Bollinger(m): 5:15pm On May 31, 2015
Amis:

Hi kasimaramma2 ure getting this mixed up..fine this enzyme called lipase affect breastmilk if it's presence is high but it only affect breastmilk that is stored for future use..and this can even be rectify by scalding the milk before use...Lipase won't affect milk still in the bosom.

This is your first and final warning: stop applying logic or common sense. You are confusing a lot of people.

2 Likes

Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by Nobody: 5:16pm On May 31, 2015
Kasimaramma2:

trust me i would get my pound of flesh for that statement,...before i die

I have caught you now
Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by chinchum(m): 5:16pm On May 31, 2015
@ adanduka , old tales die hard.

Many house wife tales accumulated by most Nigerians after several years will not be given up easily.

Trust me, you will see them fight so hard to keep the myth as truth, even using fictional empirical evidence grin grin grin grin.

Even Old farmers in Nigeria always have problems with Agric extensionists, as new farming techniques are fought with rigorously, until they have been cornered and proven beyond doubt

2 Likes

Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by onlyson16(m): 5:17pm On May 31, 2015
Kasimaramma2:

mmh so na u kill my grandpa with ur disease ,what is that ur name again disease. Ashiii...........akwulaaaaaaaaa
Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by onlyson16(m): 5:17pm On May 31, 2015
Kasimaramma2:

mmh so na u kill my grandpa with ur disease ,what is that ur name again disease. Ashiii...........akwulaaaaaaaaa............prostuuuuuuu
Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by PrinceVictorE(m): 5:17pm On May 31, 2015
Kasimaramma2:

hmmn...smh

Even so, the fat is broken down for it to be consumable for the baby.
Breast milk doesn't go sour. Simple

1 Like

Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by onlyson16(m): 5:18pm On May 31, 2015
sledjama:
sperms must be going bad too is we abstain
urs?
Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by Kasimaramma2(f): 5:19pm On May 31, 2015
Why repeating the same words?ashawo n....why nt form new insult?go join your father in the grave
onlyson16:
mmh so na u kill my grandpa with ur disease ,what is that ur name again disease. Ashiii...........akwulaaaaaaaaa
Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by onlyson16(m): 5:20pm On May 31, 2015
Kasimaramma2:
Why repeating the same words?ashawo n....why nt form new insult?go join your father in the grave
so shall it be to u
Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by onlyson16(m): 5:21pm On May 31, 2015
Amis:

Lol...that will be adult abuse grin
sorry ma,happy sunday
Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by onlyson16(m): 5:22pm On May 31, 2015
mxxpunkxx1:
Nigerians and ignorance . . . smh
The reasons why foods go bad is because they are exposed to air . . . Naturally, the air contains germs, bacteria and dust flying. It might also be humid etc
Let' take a tin of milk as a case study. On the label it is written "best before so so and so". Taking a close look at the expiry date shows us that a tin of milk can last for as close to a year or even more. But take note . . this is when it isn't opened. If you go ahead to read d instructions, it says "refrigerate after opening" . . while some dairy products will say "please exhaust within 48 hours after first use"
It's just that Nigerians don't like to read and it has affected us negatively .. we have become so ignorant of simple things.
Once you open a tin of milk, you must refrigerate or use it all up, else it will go bad, because it has been exposed to air. Bacteria and germs need a medium to survive.
Now in the breast, there is practically zero air in the mammary glands and tissues, so how can it get spoiled ? If the nursing mother expresses her milk into a cup, give or take 8 hrs, it would go bad and taste very very sour . . Because it has been exposed to air . . .
But as long as it stays inside the body, it can stay for 100 years. Normally after a few weeks, and she's not breastfeeding, the milk starts to break down and is reabsorbed by the body. The same goes for sperm . . Does sperm go bad? No . .once not expelled, it breaks down and is re-absorbed. Does blood go bad in the body?

help me tell them

1 Like

Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by Amis(f): 5:23pm On May 31, 2015
Bollinger:

This is your first and final warning: stop applying logic or common sense. You are confusing a lot of people.

Can you explain how am confusing you...
Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by Amis(f): 5:23pm On May 31, 2015
Amis:

Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by Pamcrest(f): 5:26pm On May 31, 2015
grin Op, forget that internet n listen to true life stories from mothers n their experiences...

Brest milk can go "bad" in d bosom, when a nursing mother fails to either breastfeed d baby or pump d milk out after a long period of time. As milk gathers in d breasts it weighs down d breast n must be let out somehow, otherwise it forms an abscess in d breast n other complications can ensue therefrom. If u taste such milk, u will notice d foul taste and smell!! No mother will give that to their baby.
So a working mother usually expresses milk for d baby before going to work (keep it refrigerated), comes to breastfeed him during her lunch time (where possible) and when she gets home after work, ensures d baby remain on breast milk for the night. This method helps both mother n baby!
My humble submission
Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by Bollinger(m): 5:27pm On May 31, 2015
Amis:

Oh God!!! really? I have to explain the post? It was supposed to be a compliment now you've ruined it. Gaddeemmitt.
Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by Amis(f): 5:31pm On May 31, 2015
Bollinger:

Oh God!!! really? I have to explain the post? It was supposed to be a compliment now you've ruined it. Gaddeemmitt.

Lmao...am sorry thanks... grin
Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by Amis(f): 5:34pm On May 31, 2015
Pamcrest:
grin Op, forget that internet n listen to true life stories from mothers n their experiences...

Brest milk can go "bad" in d bosom, when a nursing mother fails to either breastfeed d baby or pump d milk out after a long period of time. As milk gathers in d breasts it weighs down d breast n must be let out somehow, otherwise it forms an abscess in d breast n other complications can ensue therefrom. If u taste such milk, u will notice d foul taste and smell!! No mother will give that to their baby.
So a working mother usually expresses milk for d baby before going to work (keep it refrigerated), comes to breastfeed him during her lunch time (where possible) and when she gets home after work, ensures d baby remain on breast milk for the night. This method helps both mother n baby!
My humble submission

My dear it's not true...my baby start teething some months ago...and he totally refuses breastfeeding so I switched to exclusive pumping..my last pumping session is usually 9pm and the next is 5am that's a good 8 hours difference and guess what..I pump and give it to my baby.

2 Likes

Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by franxalive(m): 5:40pm On May 31, 2015
Kasimaramma2:

hmmn...smh

Hellooo...i stand to refute ur claims ...dat LIPASE u talked about is a gastrointestinal enzyme... & hav noting to do with d human mammary gland ok, it only helps to breakdown ingested milk rich meals as to facilitate d absorption. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by skypeople(f): 5:46pm On May 31, 2015
adanduka:
Recently, during a discussion, I heard for the first time that breastmilk goes bad (becomes sour) in the breast if a nursing mother doesn't breastfeed for a long time say 6-7 hours.
As I tried to argue that it couldn't be possible, a nursing mother told me that it is a fact from experience.
Another woman also told me about her neighbour, a nursing mum, who comes back from work and due to the long period she hasn't breastfed the baby, she has to pour cold water on her breast and let's the accumulated milk run off before breastfeeding her baby.
They claim feeding a baby that milk will cause the baby to vomit, stool and become ill.

Well, I had to do my research, thanks to the internet, we are exposed to a vast wealth of knowledge.

I think these women are wrong.
However, I would want to know what your opinions are.
Spinsters and bachelors, you most likely have no contribution to make so I hereby invite mothers to tell us more.

Illiteracy is a disease and I have promised some mothers I'll be letting them in on my findings.
**i dey come, make i check am first **
Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by Booty4me: 5:51pm On May 31, 2015
not only sour but goes bad too... a woman baby in my neighbourhood just died .. according to what I heard she eat so much garden egg which contaminated her breasts milk which she breastfeed the baby.. so I believe it's what you eat
Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by adanduka: 5:51pm On May 31, 2015
franxalive:

Hellooo...i stand to refute ur claims ...dat LIPASE u talked about is a gastrointestinal enzyme... & hav noting to do with d human mammary gland ok, it only helps to breakdown ingested milk rich meals as to facilitate d absorption. Thanks.

I believe she's right about the enzyme. Everyone seems to agree. But we are trying to find out if it makes milk sour while still in the breast
Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by adanduka: 5:54pm On May 31, 2015
Pamcrest:

My humble submission

Please, no offense, are you speaking from your experience?
Re: Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? by ceejay80s(m): 5:58pm On May 31, 2015
Sour b r e a s t milk go turn to yoghurt

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ultra-modern Mother & Child Hospital In Rivers: Wike’s Administration Legacy / Leaving The House Without A Handkerchief / Help!!!! A Friend Of Mine Was Diagnosed Of PID And Acyesis.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.