Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

Igbo In Lagos Present 7-Point Demand To Ambode - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo In Lagos Present 7-Point Demand To Ambode (40634 Views)

Senator Ben Murray-Bruce Reply To Ambode / MTN Foundation Donates Vehicles To Ambode To Help Boost Security In Lagos(Pics) / Jimi Agbaje Lost To Ambode In His Polling Unit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo In Lagos Present 7-Point Demand To Ambode by IGBOSON1: 1:39pm On Jun 01, 2015
MayorofLagos:

Igbokwe was put in place by a similar demand in past. This is why i always say Fashola was a good administrator but a weak conservative. He always preached Awo's doctrine but failed to practice Awo's love for Yorubaland. Awolowo knew what Ibo was and kept them at a distance.

Igbokwe was a quota appointment, simple! How did he win Lagos for APC when the Ibo enclaves in Lagos were all won by PDP? Where is the result of his performance? He may in fact have sabotaged the efforts of APC in Ibo enclaves.

Igbokwe my @$$!

^^^Efulefus like Igbokwe would do well to read posts like this! No matter how hard you try, these xenophobes will never want anything to do with you! smiley
Re: Igbo In Lagos Present 7-Point Demand To Ambode by mcaskey(m): 1:45pm On Jun 01, 2015
ogawisdom:
Lagos an extension of igboland grin it shld b d turn of d igbos to produce d next Governor 2019 since we ve contributed threemuch in developin lag. D yorubas shld support zoning d governorship to d igbos come 2019 in d spirit of equity n fairness or else undecided .......

I wish lagos shared boundary with any igbo state we would ve captured it and made it part of our dear Biafra tongue
Lagos is for all, that's what that made it special. If we leave it for only Yoruba, it will be common like other Yoruba states

1 Like

Re: Igbo In Lagos Present 7-Point Demand To Ambode by steppin: 1:46pm On Jun 01, 2015
dickrider:

e nor go better for ur lineage. Igbo flat head angry
My lineage is already 10 times better than yours, so I'm okay. But your worworness is appaling.
Re: Igbo In Lagos Present 7-Point Demand To Ambode by nightmile: 1:47pm On Jun 01, 2015
Dont know why people are having headache over Igbo demands. let them continue and fill the lagoon and build houses. Ibos have very short memories...they are not wise enough to abide by this wise saying "once bitten ; twice shy". when the time comes they will run kabakaba with out looking back. Then the poor among the indigene take over.

1 Like

Re: Igbo In Lagos Present 7-Point Demand To Ambode by zendy: 1:50pm On Jun 01, 2015
shamecurls:

You re very funny.... Have you ever asked yourself why a Shengen Visa will not get you into UK ?? Then you will know each country still has a right to its diplomatic relations.

Wake-up

Shengen only affects none EU citizens. I'm talking about citizens of ECOWAS member nations.
Re: Igbo In Lagos Present 7-Point Demand To Ambode by Johntobi56: 1:56pm On Jun 01, 2015
Autolord:
When one ethnicity owns over 70% of businesses in Lagos, own most lands, provide job opportunities for millions in Lagos and with the highest population increase rate, what do you expect if not to make demands? Go on people, we are all Nigerians.

I thought Igbos owned 95% of businesses

1 Like

Re: Igbo In Lagos Present 7-Point Demand To Ambode by Autolord: 1:57pm On Jun 01, 2015
Re: Igbo In Lagos Present 7-Point Demand To Ambode by Johntobi56: 1:57pm On Jun 01, 2015
ogawisdom:
Lagos an extension of igboland grin it shld b d turn of d igbos to produce d next Governor 2019 since we ve contributed threemuch in developin lag. D yorubas shld support zoning d governorship to d igbos come 2019 in d spirit of equity n fairness or else undecided .......

I wish lagos shared boundary with any igbo state we would ve captured it and made it part of our dear Biafra tongue

Toh my yoruba Lagosians
Will you watch this type of statement and still extend smelly hands of FRIENdship

You think this Igbos don't deserve to be discriminated

YORUBA LAGOSIANS WAKE UP

1 Like

Re: Igbo In Lagos Present 7-Point Demand To Ambode by steppin: 1:59pm On Jun 01, 2015
PentiumPro:
These colony of traders are nuisance where ever you see them.
Another epitome of ugliness.
You should quit using shades, you look very much like a welder.
Re: Igbo In Lagos Present 7-Point Demand To Ambode by Johntobi56: 1:59pm On Jun 01, 2015
ichidodo:
Yes, we need to put our foot down and make Ambode incorporate us into the larger Lagos political hegemony if not for his own political interest or survival but that of thieffnubu and APC at the centre because TBH we are here to stay,we have elected our kin into Federal seats representing Lagos and also Lagos State seats representing our own communes thus we hold some leverage and power that APC might choose to ignore at their own perils...If Lagos must retain its global cosmopolitan status, it must be a no man's land but a home for all.

TOH YORUBA LAGOSIANS UNA DEY HEAR
IGBO DON CALL YOU MUMU LAUGH FOR YOUR FACE
REMOVE THEM FROM LAGOS
Re: Igbo In Lagos Present 7-Point Demand To Ambode by Horlufemi(m): 2:00pm On Jun 01, 2015
ogawisdom:

Apoda
Re: Igbo In Lagos Present 7-Point Demand To Ambode by Johntobi56: 2:00pm On Jun 01, 2015
naijainfogalery:
I dont have issues with anyone but this is a very wrong thing to do, why will they do this, there are several tribes here in Lagos, we have the Deltans, Calabar, Hausa, Fulani etc and those Igbos group didnt bring out anything that would benefit the whole Lagosians as a whole but themselves. I just think there should be limitations in demand

Don't you understand the meaning of they want to take over your state ?
Chase them away Chikena

1 Like

Re: Igbo In Lagos Present 7-Point Demand To Ambode by Johntobi56: 2:01pm On Jun 01, 2015
PDPmamapiss:

VERY SOON, NOBODY WIlL TAKE IGBO SERIOUS AGAIN. THIS IS GETTING TOO EMBARRASSING..... WHAT HAPPEN TO ANAMBRA, IMO, EBONYI, ENUGU AND ABIA?

THERE IS NO DAY WITHOUT IGBO MAKING DEMAND OR THREAT EITHER AT FEDERAL LEVEL OR LAGOS.... ASABA IS ALREADY A DUMPING GROUND. MANY OF THEM FAKE DELTA STATE OF ORIGIN TO WORK IN DELTA STATE CIVIL SERVICE.

TOH Loool ordinary ore wey BIAFRA no fit capture lol
Re: Igbo In Lagos Present 7-Point Demand To Ambode by Johntobi56: 2:02pm On Jun 01, 2015
Abelpeters:
leave ambode make he rest in office, too early. Igbo boyz dont panaic he'll nt pursue u like fasola did.

IF Ambode doesn't pursue them,
Then yoruba LAGOSIANS are fools !

1 Like

Re: Igbo In Lagos Present 7-Point Demand To Ambode by zendy: 2:02pm On Jun 01, 2015
naijamark:
You forgot "Ghana must go" so soon.
These are part of ECOWAS but kicked out of Nigeria. Perish the thought of eating your cake and having it.

The Ghana must go episode happend when ECOWAS was still in its infancy and bilateral and free trade/movement treaties had not yet been signed. ECOWAS now has a parliament and strict laws that guide it. All 15 countries in West Africa under ECOWAS are free to travel and live in Nigeria without needing Visas. Biafra,hopefuly will be the 16th country to join ECOWAS.
Re: Igbo In Lagos Present 7-Point Demand To Ambode by zendy: 2:07pm On Jun 01, 2015
bayulll01:

Ehn ehn tell me something,you people are the smartest people on earth,u want to secedes and yet you don't want to leave the land you secedes from,we will shoot you at sight if you cross ore awon werey you want to eat your cake and have it same time

Secession doesn't mean I have go anywhere. Czechoslovakia divided into Czech Republic and Republic of Slovakia. Both countries joined the EU and to this day, many Czechs and Slovaks live in either country. None of them had to move anywhere.

1 Like

Re: Igbo In Lagos Present 7-Point Demand To Ambode by scholes0(m): 2:13pm On Jun 01, 2015
zendy:

When Biafra comes, don't really expect Igbos to pack and go, it ain't going to happen. Go and look at your Nigerian passport well and ask what "ECOWAS" engraved in front of it means because you will see that same ECOWAS in front of the Biafran passport. ECOWAS allows anybody in west Africa to travel and live anywhere in west Africa. Any Yoruba man who thinks that Biafra means kicking Igbos out of Lagos and taking over their properties should perish the thought. As a Biafran, I will never need Visa to go anywhere in Nigeria including Lagos.

loool... funny person.
The Member states of ECOWAS will have to approve your entry FIRST before you become a member, which I am sure Nigeria will never allow.
You think any entity can go print a passport and write ECOWAS on it, and then claim to be a member?
It looks to me like you don't know what you are in for.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo In Lagos Present 7-Point Demand To Ambode by bayulll01(m): 2:13pm On Jun 01, 2015
zendy:

Secession doesn't mean I have go anywhere. Czechoslovakia divided into Czech Republic and Republic of Slovakia. Both countries joined the EU and to this day, many Czechs and Slovaks live in either country. None of them had to move anywhere.

U are in czech abi,wake up this is africa,go and ask the the hate between south sudan and sudan,if u are not dumb u will know more on Xenophobic

2 Likes

Re: Igbo In Lagos Present 7-Point Demand To Ambode by zendy: 2:14pm On Jun 01, 2015
StBlack1:

Oh mine..

You will be SHOCKED from the treatment that will be meted to you people by Yorubas that very moment you turn Biafrans.

Thats when you will know Africa is not America nor Europe. BET ME, June 12 crisis will be a child's play then if you refuse to succumb to their demands to leave their lands.
Well,if Yorubas turn to that sort of criminality because the Igbos seceded,then that's their shame. It won't be the first time it has happend to Igbos and it won't be the last. I still maintain that in the event of secession,any Biafran or Igbo will have the right to travel and live anywhere in Nigeria he wants without needing a Visa same as the citizens of all 15 countries in west Africa can. That is what the ECOWAS in front of the Nigerian passport is there for.
Re: Igbo In Lagos Present 7-Point Demand To Ambode by TeamSimple(m): 2:15pm On Jun 01, 2015
ichidodo:
Yes, we need to put our foot down and make Ambode incorporate us into the larger Lagos political hegemony if not for his own political interest or survival but that of thieffnubu and APC at the centre because TBH we are here to stay,we have elected our kin into Federal seats representing Lagos and also Lagos State seats representing our own communes thus we hold some leverage and power that APC might choose to ignore at their own perils...If Lagos must retain its global cosmopolitan status, it must be a no man's land but a home for all.
Same as Onitcha
Re: Igbo In Lagos Present 7-Point Demand To Ambode by zendy: 2:17pm On Jun 01, 2015
bayulll01:

U are in czech abi,wake up this is africa,go and ask the the hate between south sudan and sudan,if u are not dumb u will know more on Xenophobic

Go and read the laws of ECOWAS and stop making noise. The fact that you are African doesnt mean you should break the treaties that Nigeria signed up to.
Re: Igbo In Lagos Present 7-Point Demand To Ambode by after1: 2:17pm On Jun 01, 2015
Yeebhoes and there wahala. The people of Sad east are jokers. Biafra today, Nigerian tomorrow.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo In Lagos Present 7-Point Demand To Ambode by disumusa: 2:19pm On Jun 01, 2015
naijamark:
Anything fraud must be an Igbo man or must have an Igbo undertone. You are not any Igbo related tribe, you are Igbo. Stop fooling yourself. No tribe wants to be an underdog. No Nigerian tribesmen will accept to be called "related tribe" when he's not a bastard. As far as Niger Delta is concerned, you're just like any other Nigerian there. You're not a "related tribe". Strive to make your home, the South East, also economically attractive so that you can live there and other Nigerians can join you too. Rather than becoming the parasites and economic refugees that you are.
without political power you can have econonic power to me ibo are fouth class in nigeria see the class north,sw,ss,se

1 Like

Re: Igbo In Lagos Present 7-Point Demand To Ambode by zendy: 2:19pm On Jun 01, 2015
scholes0:

loool... funny person.
The Member states of ECOWAS will have to approve your entry FIRST before you become a member, which I am sure Nigeria will never allow.
You think any entity can go print a passport and write ECOWAS on it, and then claim to be a member?
It looks to me like you don't know what you are in for.

Of course other member have to ratify Biafra membership but Nigeria is just one country in ECOWAS 15 member nations and Biafra has no problem with the other 14.
Re: Igbo In Lagos Present 7-Point Demand To Ambode by ObongOluomo: 2:23pm On Jun 01, 2015
ichidodo:

Hmmmm well said though,but can the Ibo's do or accept that for the Yorubas in the entire Ibo land ?
Just a question ooo!
Re: Igbo In Lagos Present 7-Point Demand To Ambode by zendy: 2:25pm On Jun 01, 2015
jayfolarin:

Hypocrisy at its peak! OMG!! You guys want nothing to do with other tribes but will stick with them even after your wish for separation is granted?? You cannot smoke your weed and plant it! Be ready for mass exodus to your country if and when biafra comes to life!

Pathetic!!!!

Ghana,Benin Republic and Sierra Leon are members of ECOWAS. They are not Nigerian citizens and have nothing to do with Nigeria but many of them are in Lagos and living there legally the ECOWAS free trade and movement agreement. Have you chased them back? You cannot because you don't have the right. Times have changed and the law is the law.
Re: Igbo In Lagos Present 7-Point Demand To Ambode by scholes0(m): 2:29pm On Jun 01, 2015
zendy:

Of course other member have to ratify Biafra membership but Nigeria is just one country in ECOWAS 15 member nations and Biafra has no problem with the other 14.

Biafra will have a problem
With Niger (For sure)
With Mali (For Sure)
With Guinea (Islamic)
With Senegal (Islamic)
With Gambia (Islamic)
With Ghana (Naija ally on international issues)
With Benin (Yorubaland extension)
With SL & Lib (staunch Nigerian allies)
With Togo (A nation which is itself at the mercy of ghana and Naija)
So, how on earth do you plan to enter?

And you don't expect a country to join Ecowas, if any of the member oppose it.... All members have to agree. Also, is Naija not the country you plan to continue living in, or is it Liberia?... You will be free to go and join Chad, Congo DRC and Central African republic , with their Kings Cameroon and Gabon in the Central Africa union (That is if they allow you in)
Anyways why are we talking in future tense, when biafra will never become reality. I am sure you know that as well as I do.

1 Like

Re: Igbo In Lagos Present 7-Point Demand To Ambode by GodMode: 2:36pm On Jun 01, 2015
IGBOSON1:

^^^Knobhead!.....Blame your forebears! They had a window of opportunity in 1967 to get rid of the 'pesky yeebos' but elected to continue sharing the same country with them!

Nigeria made Lagos its commercial/industrial capital, not the 'yeebos'!

That thread answers your liesgringringrin

Yorubas built lagos with Yoruba wealth, resources and skills...

Lagos was the commercial capital of Yoruba long before the yeebos came..

Yeebos just came to dirty Yoruba states..

2 Likes

Re: Igbo In Lagos Present 7-Point Demand To Ambode by jornie(m): 2:36pm On Jun 01, 2015
G

1 Like

Re: Igbo In Lagos Present 7-Point Demand To Ambode by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jun 01, 2015
And if ECOWAS says "sorry, you can't join us, you'll force them to do so? When Scotland wanted to secede with the last year referendum, EU had already told them "sorry guys, you can't join us", this uncertainty further painted a gloomy figure combined with the fact that the rest of UK says they can't use the Pounds.
If Scotland with her vast natural resources will not be accepted into the EU, at least not in the immediate, I don't see any hope for landlocked, resources barren Biafra in the committee of nations.

zendy:

The Ghana must go episode happend when ECOWAS was still in its infancy and bilateral and free trade/movement treaties had not yet been signed. ECOWAS now has a parliament and strict laws that guide it. All 15 countries in West Africa under ECOWAS are free to travel and live in Nigeria without needing Visas. Biafra,hopefuly will be the 16th country to join ECOWAS.
Re: Igbo In Lagos Present 7-Point Demand To Ambode by zendy: 2:38pm On Jun 01, 2015
scholes0:

Biafra will have a problem
With Niger (For sure)
With Mali (For Sure)
With Guinea (Islamic)
With Senegal (Islamic)
With Gambia (Islamic)
With Ghana (Naija ally on international issues)
With Benin (Yorubaland extension)
With SL & Lib (staunch Nigerian allies)
With Togo (A nation which is itself at the mercy of ghana and Naija)
So, how on earth do you plan to enter?

And you don't expect a country to join Ecowas, if any of the member oppose it.... All members have to agree. Also, is Naija not the country you plan to continue living in, or is it Liberia?... You will be free to go and join Chad, Congo DRC and Central African republic , with their Kings Cameroon and Gabon in the Central Africa union (That is if they allow you in)
Anyways why are we talking in future tense, when biafra will never become reality. I am sure you know that as well as I do.

If the other nations oppose it then we go it alone. It might even be a good thing to have Igbos repatriate their investments back home and join hands to make their country great. As for Biafra becoming a reality, nobody can force any determined group of people who want be free from eventually attaining freedom, it's just a matter of time.
Re: Igbo In Lagos Present 7-Point Demand To Ambode by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jun 01, 2015
The same way you "repatriated" your investments when you were being hunted in the North like wild animals during the military regime. As soon as the dust settled, you crawled back to the North with your tails in between your legs. I like our Northern brothers, they won't take non of your sh1t.
zendy:

If the other nations oppose it then we go it alone. It might even be a good thing to have Igbos repatriate their investments back home and join hands to make their country great. As for Biafra becoming a reality, nobody can force any determined group of people who want be free from eventually attaining freedom, it's just a matter of time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Picstures From Nsukka Rally For Peter Obi / Peter Obi Deletes Tweet Where He Referred To Bola Tinubu As President / Dr. Sola Saraki Is DEAD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.