Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,823 members, 7,820,887 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB (24688 Views)

N'delta Militants Are No Pushovers, We Lack Equipment To Confront Them' - Chief / Why We Can’t Release Details Of Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – Code Of Conduct / We Lack The Capacity To Prevent Corruption In Nigeria – Okonjo-Iweala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by smoothralph(m): 7:59am On Jun 02, 2015
Rawani:

He never announced his assets like we want PMB to do now since the benchmark for governance has been elevated from Jonathan's mediocrity. He only submitted his declaration, same as what PMB/PYO have done, if he publicly announced please correct me and state his worth when he entered and when he left office.
Hahahahahaha! good question. ...now let's see if any of these children of hate can provide you with an answer

1 Like

Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by Nobody: 7:59am On Jun 02, 2015
Imortal001:

Why is nairaland still allowing a corrupt mind like you to still post comment?
he says the truth and it makes his mind corrupt, please use the door. Oponu

4 Likes

Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by PassingShot(m): 8:00am On Jun 02, 2015
Mykevp2p:

No, PMB is not setting example... Yar'adua, a PDP president had done the same, even GEJ had previously declared his assets public... The constitution was there when Yar'adua declared his assets ( even though he didn't promise to do so like PMB).
Does it matter to you that Yar'Adua did so a month after being sworn in?

Do you also realize that PMB promised to declare publicly within 100 days in office?

Let's not reason and behave as kids please!
Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by brownlord: 8:00am On Jun 02, 2015
Rose2014:

He's just rubbing it all in the faces of Nigerians.
No office of First Lady shocked
He borrowed to buy nomination form and has only one million naira n 150 cows while the wife donated over a hundred million naira on the other end. Same wife is now flaunting her $34K wrist watch.
Now his asset cannot be declared publicly.
I'm really amazed how gullible Nigerians bought into their Mr.Integrity sermon honestly.

Now Where are those APC e rats that have bn beating their chest over Buhari's integrity?

They will be here any moment to defend him, what do you expect from cretins who says

"Even if you show us video of Buhari robbing central bank, we would still vote for him?"

Are nigerians not foolish?

Had this same fools allow Buhari be made to pass through public scrutiny and provide his credentials maybe Buhari would have understood what it means to be accountable to the masses, instead they worshiped him like God and told nigerians no one have the right to demand for the certificate of a man seeking public office, the end point is what we are seeing now

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by BankManager(m): 8:00am On Jun 02, 2015
In less than 72 Hrs, Buhari/APC have done exactly what they serially crucified GEJ for - 1) Non public declaration of Assets 2) Visit to Chad,etc..
Dear President Buhari,please don't dissapoint us..

3 Likes

Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by smoothralph(m): 8:01am On Jun 02, 2015
brownlord:

According to passingshot, anything to bring Buhari to power was just fine, even if it means bringing Laurence anini and Monday Osunbor back to life to make him win election

And someone had the effrontery to say nigerians are not fools

Smh
so It will be okay to call ur dad a fool?
Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by PassingShot(m): 8:01am On Jun 02, 2015
brownlord:

According to passingshot, anything to bring Buhari to power was just fine, even if it means bringing Laurence anini and Monday Osunbor back to life to make him win election

And someone had the effrontery to say nigerians are not fools

Smh
I thought you would have taken my advice of yesterday by now!
Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by Rawani: 8:02am On Jun 02, 2015
HIGHESTPOPORI:
You are trying so hard to be smart,but you are not,Jonathan and Yaradua declared their assests publicly and they were in Pdp.if buhari did same thing jonathan did before,so where is d change and difference?You are now supporting Buhari doing same thing after campaigning with it because he is Apc?Tufiakwa

This is my last response to you. Until you can tell us the value of Jonathan's assets when he 'publicly' declared AND when he stepped down, then everything up there is tripe. The focus is on urging PMB to declare as early as possible amidst his now tight schedule, Jonathan has been relegated to Otuoke.

1 Like

Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by brownlord: 8:03am On Jun 02, 2015
smoothralph:

so It will be okay to call ur dad a fool?

I've gone past this on this forum and not ready for your silly question this morning

1 Like

Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by TeamSimple(m): 8:04am On Jun 02, 2015
I think I know what this oppositions want..Buhari and his Vp to come on national TV to read out their worth and investment, Or they want him to force the CCB to act against the constitution by declaring his assets publicly before NASS approval.
Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by badmus1346(m): 8:05am On Jun 02, 2015
Political Ignoramus, please remember that Buhari made 87 promise during his Campaign...let's wait and see....

1 Like

Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by PassingShot(m): 8:05am On Jun 02, 2015
Rose2014:
But Buhari knew this before he promised during campaign to declare his asset PUBLICLY

Now he's hiding under constitution to break his own promise

If this is not scam, then tell me what scam is

Politicians using the head of the masses every 4years since 1914

So much for change

His promise was to do so within 100 days in office.

Too many kids on NL.
Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by CSTR2: 8:06am On Jun 02, 2015
TeamSimple:
I think I know what this oppositions want..Buhari and his Vp to come on national TV to read out their worth and investment, Or they want him to force the CCB to act against the constitution by declaring his assets publicly before NASS approval.
You are a fool.
Relinguish your PVC as soon as possible.
You lack the required IQ to utilize it well.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by slam7000(m): 8:06am On Jun 02, 2015
Why waste time,energy and resources on this issue when we know he has got 150 cows and 999 thousand naira in his account.

I would be monitoring that farm, if at the end of his tenure and I see 151 cows angry... I will trek from diobu to katsina to register my annoyance.

1 Like

Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by Jesusloveyou: 8:08am On Jun 02, 2015
owobokiri:

I will be mild; I have seen many dumb post made by different handles for different purposes here but this below takes the cake. It can't get dumber than this. I mean, asset declaration is now inconsequential? More important things than biulding trust, keeping your words while enshriniing inergrity within the sysem by leading by example? He should do like jonathan? What has changed then? Hello!?

i sorry for u saTANiod, u pple are really saTANic, how can innocent souls be dying, and u are crying of public asset declaration, d most pressing thing right now is boko haram,that is why,u have not see him since inauguration, buhari is a caring president,not like ur 'i don't care' ex-president, asset can be declare anytime,it can be next year,provided he fulfil d electoral promise, or is it not 4yrs timeline to fulfil electoral promise? Pls try to get common sense

2 Likes

Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by ShowYourCertificate: 8:08am On Jun 02, 2015
Rawani:

He never announced his assets like we want PMB to do now since the benchmark for governance has been elevated from Jonathan's mediocrity. He only submitted his declaration, same as what PMB/PYO have done, if he publicly announced please correct me and state his worth when he entered and when he left office.
smoothralph:

Hahahahahaha! good question. ...now let's see if any of these children of hate can provide you with an answer

Here's an excerpt from SaharaReporters:

As at 2007, President Jonathan under oath stated that the value of his assets was N295,304,420.00. At that time, the figure was N561,148,472.00 less than what President Umaru Yar’Adua declared – which was N857,452,892.00
http://saharareporters.com/2014/10/14/sue-me-jonathan-youre-worth-120-million-dollars-least-rudolf-ogoo-okonkwo

4 Likes

Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by fairygeh(f): 8:09am On Jun 02, 2015
Wow,Buhari is so on the hot seat now,i pray he delivers,else cry
I wouldn't blame Nigerians for expecting so much in few days after all faithful is he that has promised for he must fufill cheesy
Over to you,Buhari,the Miracle worker
The proclaimed messiah of some nairalanders

6 Likes

Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by CSTR2: 8:10am On Jun 02, 2015
PassingShot:

His promise was to do so within 100 days in office.

Too many kids on NL.
Are we not WITHIN the first 100 days?
What does it cost buhari to order the CCB to release it as soon as it was verified.?
The body language of the CCB shows it is being restrained.
The so-called mr integrity is taking a lot of work to exhibit integrity.

3 Likes

Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by TeamSimple(m): 8:12am On Jun 02, 2015
CSTR2:
You are a fool.
Relinguish your PVC as soon as possible.
You lack the required IQ to utilize it well.
I blame your parents for this..the intercourse position they took before ejaculation took place is a resultant of your SEVERE BRAIN CANCER.
Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by CSTR2: 8:13am On Jun 02, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
i sorry for u saTANiod, u pple are really saTANic, how can innocent souls be dying, and u are crying of public asset declaration, d most pressing thing right now is boko haram,that is why,u have not see him since inauguration, buhari is a caring president,not like ur 'i don't care' ex-president, asset can be declare anytime,it can be next year,provided he fulfil d electoral promise, or is it not 4yrs timeline to fulfil electoral promise? Pls try to get common sense
You are a slowpoke.
If we can't trust buhari to be honest, how can we trust him with BH?
He is failing with the little things already and has started to fail with the bigger things.

1 Like

Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by otil1: 8:13am On Jun 02, 2015
BUHARI THIRD BIG MISTAKE  AND EL RUFAI FIRST BIG MISTAKE IN FIRST WEEK
Exposed: Details of secret meeting between Buhari and northern leaders revealed

The meeting had in attendance, Governors El Rufai, Aminu Masari, Abdulahi Ganduje of Kano, and Ibrahim Shehu Shema of Katsina respectively
http://elombah.com/detail.php?world=32943

(1)

https:///1232iV

RELOCATING MILITARY COMMAND CENTER ON BOKO HARAM WAR TO MAIDUGUIRI
A political analyst, Ifeduba ThankGod, vehemently criticized the decision, saying that there was nowhere in the world that a military central command would be relocated to the combat zone.Thank God described it as “senseless” and the height of “unprofessionalism”, a “tactical blunder.“Tactically it’s a great blunder for Buhari to relocate the Military Central command right into Sambisa forest 

(2)
SECRET ASSETS DECLARATION BY PRESIDENT BUHARI AND VICE PRESIDENT OSIBANJO.
Lately, the media, especially the social media, has been inundated with commentaries and debates on the secret declarati...
Buhari's failure to declare assets publicly is treacherous, heart breaking, by Inibehe Effiong

http://elombah.com/detail.php?world=32960
Buhari's failure to declare assets publicly is treacherous, heart breaking, by Inibehe Effiong

3 Likes

Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by An2elect2(f): 8:14am On Jun 02, 2015
niceguy7:

Buh c'mon he's only human ain it.?

Yes he is but he has so many people's trusts already. One of the qualities of a good leader is integrity.
I respect baba a lot and would want him to keep his words, this will silent gainsayers. We shouldn't encourage otherwise.
Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by Leonidas1: 8:16am On Jun 02, 2015

1 Like

Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by ShowYourCertificate: 8:16am On Jun 02, 2015
@Rawani & Smoothralph, for the details of Jonathan's assets, click here:

The Vice president Goodluck Jonathan yesterday capitulated to public pressure over the public declaration of his assets as done by his boss, President Umaru Yaradua as he made public his assets declaration to the Code of Conduct Bureau.

The assets which were made public by the senior Special Assistant to the Vice president on Media and Public Affairs, Ima Niboro indicates that the value of the Vice president total assets and cash in banks stands at N295,304,420.

This is about N561, 148,472 less than the assets declare by President Umaru Yar’Adua who declared his total assets to be at the value of N856,452,892.

Mr. Iniboro said the vice president’s decision to make public his assets declaration was to show that ‘there is nothing to hide’.

He added that the vice president is ‘a firm believer in the rule of law and this has guided his conduct in office through the years.

“It is this belief that also guided his position that having declared his assets for a total of seven times, there was no point in going further to publish the declaration” he noted

The vice president’s aide regretted that the position of the vice president not to make public his assets declaration had ‘generated an unfortunate storm, which is not only distractive but also quite unnecessary. We are worried that some newspapers and citizens we hold in high esteem have joined the fray.

“This merely shows that in the affairs of man, there comes a time when even the law must take a second place and the public mood must define our actions. To The Vice president, this is such a time, hence the choice to send you a copy of his declaration for publication” he said.

advertisement

In the assets declaration made public yesterday, it indicated that the vice president submitted his assets declaration before Justice Muktar Dodo of the Abuja high court on 30th May 2007, a day after the oath of office and oath of allegiance was administered on him.

A break down of the assets of the vice president indicates that he has four buildings located in Yenegoa, Abuja and his home town in Ogbia, Bayelsa state.

The Vice president said he owns a five bedroom Duplex in Gwarimpa 11, Abuja which was acquired in 2003 through loan and is valued at N24,990,000 while another Seven Bedroom Duplex, which he described as Village personal Home is located at Otuoke in Ogbia Local government area of Bayelsa state. It is valued at the cost of N18,000, 000 and was acquired through ‘savings and gifts in Kind.

The last of the Vice president’s residential buildings are the Four bedroom Duplex acquired in 2003 through ‘savings and gift in Kind’ in the Kpansia area of Yenegoa. The value of the building, he said is N15,000,000. The last Building is the extended Family house in Yenegoa which he said is a four flat storey Building acquired between 2003 and 2007 through savings. The value of the property is put at N10,000,000.

Under vacant and undeveloped plots, the vice president stated as follows: 1032.50 square meter of land located at Onopa Yenegoa and valued at N3,098.00. Plot 2C, 374 Low density Area Yenegoa allocated by the bayelsa state government and valued at N150,000. 2760.00 square meter plot at cadastral Zone BO2, Durumi, Abuja allocated by the federal Capital Development Authority and valued at N5,578,540. One Parcel of farm Land at Otuoke Ogbia acquired through inheritance and estimated at the value of N50,000,000.

Plot Medium Density in Yenegoa allocated by the Federal Ministry of Works and housing the value of which he said is N1550.00

Plot 29, Low density Area Plot in Yenegoa allocated by the Bayelsa state government the value of which is put at N4,908. While the last undeveloped plot owned by the vice president is plot 2246 Cadastral Zone A06, Abuja the value of which he put at N4, 800,000. It was allocated by the Federal Capital development Authority, FCDA

The Vice president’s investment in stocks which is being managed by City Code Investment Company is as follows.

S/No Name of Stock Number Of Shares Value As At 5/25/07
1 CADBURY PLC 8,666 N264,313
2 FLOUR MILLS PLC 8,466 N635,119.32
3 GUINESS NIG. PLC 6,395 N796,177.50
4 UNILEVER 18,750 N337,500
5 UNION BANK OF NIG. PLC 23,466 N727,446
6 FIDELITY BANK PLC 33,333 N296,663.70
7 UBA PLC 180,000 N6,838,200
8 ACCESS BANK PLC 84,656 N1,635,553.92
9 CADBURY PLC 2,500 N76,250
10 UNION BANK PLC 716,109 N22,199,379
11 FIRST BANK PLC 20,000 N808,000
12 FLOUR MILLS PLC 13,333 N1,000,241.66
13 NIGERIAN BREWERIES PLC 10,000 N363,000
14 BANK PHB PLC 866,666 N24,959,980.80
15 OANDO 15,125 N1,134,375
TOTAL 2,007,465 N62,072,200

Other investments include 4nos passenger boats for hiring which is valued at N5, 260,000. While the total cash in Nigerian banks being personal saving of salaries/allowances and income from his investments stands at N58, 984,123.

The vice president house holds utensils including generators, a BMW car valued at N15, 800,000, which he said was a gift; air conditioners, furniture, electronics and kitchen utensils is valued at N41,800,000.
https://www.nairaland.com/71305/details-goodluck-jonathans-assets

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by PassingShot(m): 8:17am On Jun 02, 2015
CSTR2:
Are we not WITHIN the first 100 days?
What does it cost buhari to order the CCB to release it as soon as it was verified.?
The body language of the CCB shows it is being restrained.
The so-called mr integrity is taking a lot of work to exhibit integrity.
We still being within 100 days is the reason people like you don't have to hyperventilate. PMB declared with CCB even before he was sworn in. In the coming days, the assets will surely be made available. So, relax!
Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by TeamSimple(m): 8:17am On Jun 02, 2015
otil1:
BUHARI THIRD BIG MISTAKE  AND EL RUFAI FIRST BIG MISTAKE IN FIRST WEEK
Exposed: Details of secret meeting between Buhari and northern leaders revealed

The meeting had in attendance, Governors El Rufai, Aminu Masari, Abdulahi Ganduje of Kano, and Ibrahim Shehu Shema of Katsina respectively
http://elombah.com/detail.php?world=32943

(1)

https:///1232iV

RELOCATING MILITARY COMMAND CENTER ON BOKO HARAM WAR TO MAIDUGUIRI
A political analyst, Ifeduba ThankGod, vehemently criticized the decision, saying that there was nowhere in the world that a military central command would be relocated to the combat zone.Thank God described it as “senseless” and the height of “unprofessionalism”, a “tactical blunder.“Tactically it’s a great blunder for Buhari to relocate the Military Central command right into Sambisa forest 

(2)
SECRET ASSETS DECLARATION BY PRESIDENT BUHARI AND VICE PRESIDENT OSIBANJO.
Lately, the media, especially the social media, has been inundated with commentaries and debates on the secret declarati...

http://elombah.com/detail.php?world=32960

The 'Habourer' of mistakes. Keep piling up the mistakes for the next four years,you might get a Nobel prize for your effort.
Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by CSTR2: 8:18am On Jun 02, 2015
An2elect2:

Yes he is but he has so many people's trusts already. One of the qualities of a good leader is integrity.
I respect baba a lot and would want him to keep his words, this will silent gainsayers. We shouldn't encourage otherwise.
Good.
Let your buhari keep his word.
And God help him if he is not able to reconcile his "only one million in my account" statement and the fact that his wife has a £30,000 wristwatch and all his children are enjoying very expensive british education.

1 Like

Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by Nobody: 8:18am On Jun 02, 2015
Truckpusher:
Buhari right from the word go and all that saintly toga and I will pite kworofshion mantra was all nothing but lies from the pits of hell, unfortunately we have too many zombies in the society today that can't sit down and ask themselves some hard questions.

What would a Buhari be doing with a Tinubu,Obasanjo,Amaechi,Kwakwanso and all the rest of the thieving elites that decamped from the PDP to join forces with the remaining set of thieves in the ACN turned APC?

Buhari is the greatest lie ever sold to a people because of their ingrained hatred for a particular region and people.The truth is we must see that change they promised ,else it is every man to thine own tent.
Enough of running around in a cycle with no end in sight.
my brother...na this nigeria all of us dey...day by day we would be pointing out the lies and hypocrisy of the saint party called APC...we dey wait...

My own na make person no go toy with that PIB...if not the gbege wey dey pending go burst...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 8:18am On Jun 02, 2015
Rawani:

This is my last response to you. Until you can tell us the value of Jonathan's assets when he 'publicly' declared AND when he stepped down, then everything up there is tripe. The focus is on urging PMB to declare as early as possible amidst his now tight schedule, Jonathan has been relegated to Otuoke.
Never knew I was talking to an Apc brain washed fellow programmed to always shift blames to Jonathan!

1 Like

Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by Rawani: 8:19am On Jun 02, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:

Here's an excerpt from SaharaReporters:

http://saharareporters.com/2014/10/14/sue-me-jonathan-youre-worth-120-million-dollars-least-rudolf-ogoo-okonkwo

Hogwash. You should have posted the remaining article.

But what is President Jonathan’s worth? That question still needs to be answered.

Since the president will not just tell us and save us and save himself the headache, we will calculate it for him.

But before we do so, lets look at what the law about declaration of assets says.

The Nigerian constitution requires that top government officials declare their assets before they are sworn into office. President Jonathan did not do so when he was sworn in on May 29, 2011. Nigerians had to huff and puff for months. During one media chat when the question was put to him that Nigerians were worried that he was disobeying the constitution by not declaring his assets as at when due, the president said he did not give a damn.

Eighteen months after, while nobody was looking, President Goodluck Jonathan declared his assets.
We know this because on September 24th, 2012, the Chairman of the Code of Conduct Bureau (CCB) Dr. Sam Saba, speaking through Alhaji Ibrahim Manzo, the Federal Commissioner representing North West in the Bureau, brought the good news to the media.

At that event, Saba reiterated that no law said that the President should declare his assets publicly. Saba also added, “What is important is that he has declared his assets and when we go through his form and we discover any area that is questionable, then we will take him to court.”

This was on September 24th, 2012. At that time the Code of Conduct Bureau was yet to go through President Jonathan’s form. Which was how we determined that it was sent to them around that time. And since we have not heard from Mr. Saba, over two years after, we can safely assume that he went through the forms and found nothing questionable that would require him to take the president to court as he promised in that speech at a Compliance Training Workshop for Public Officers in Abuja.

What President Jonathan declared is secret, sealed and locked away in the office of Code of Conduct Bureau. The presidency insists that the constitution did not require that he makes his declaration public. The chairman of Code of Conduct Bureau on his part asked those who want to know what is in the president’s declaration form to invoke the Freedom of Information Act.

Paragraph 3, Part I of the Third Schedule to the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, as amended, provides that the Code of Conduct Bureau shall have power to: (a) receive declarations by public officers made under paragraph 12 of Part I of the Fifth Schedule to this Constitution; (b) examine the declarations in accordance with the requirements of the Code of Conduct or any law; (c) retain custody of such declarations and make them available for inspection by any citizen of Nigeria on such terms and conditions as the National Assembly may prescribe.

The next option left for Nigerians who wish to know the content of the president’s declaration forms was to invoke Schedule (c) which says that the Code of Conduct Bureau retains custody of such declarations and make them available for inspection by any citizen of Nigeria on such terms and conditions as the National Assembly may prescribe.

In October of 2011, the African Center for Media and Information Literacy (AFRICMIL) dragged the Code of Conduct Bureau to court for failing to release to the public the asset declaration of the president. AFRICMIL had in July of 2011 sent a Freedom of Information request “to be allowed to inspect and obtain copies of the 2007 asset declaration of President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan; the asset declaration of President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan after the end of his tenure on May 28, 2011; and the current asset declaration of President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan when he assumed office on May 29, 2011.”

As expected, nothing has come out of it.

Whatever the constitution says, and whatever interpretation President Jonathan’s men give it, the gold standard has always been for government officials to make their asset declaration public on taking over office.

1 Like

Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by neocortex: 8:20am On Jun 02, 2015
Rawani:
Clearly the past PDP administration was not committed to transparency, accountability and the whole asset declaration process, which is why we are just discovering these constitutional challenges now, an issue that would have been long resolved through making the required amendments which will force the CCB to publish submitted asset declarations in the newspapers.

Regardless of these hiccups, it would be great if President Buhari sets an example and ignores the usual long process, and publicly announces his declared assets so we can concentrate on other issues of national importance.

It is disheartening that all you got from this article is PDP did that bullshit.
There is no law stopping Buhari himself from declaring his assets in a national daily but he chose to keep mum over it.

Friend: Bihari refuse to declare his assets publicly
Rawani: PDP is a bad party.

Now try to connect those two statements logically.

3 Likes

Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by GoodGovernance: 8:20am On Jun 02, 2015
Rawani:
Clearly the past PDP administration was not committed to transparency, accountability and the whole asset declaration process, which is why we are just discovering these constitutional challenges now, an issue that would have been long resolved through making the required amendments which will force the CCB to publish submitted asset declarations in the newspapers.

Regardless of these hiccups, it would be great if President Buhari sets an example and ignores the usual long process, and publicly announces his declared assets so we can concentrate on other issues of national importance.

Q.E.D.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why I Won’t Sign 2016 Budget In A Hurry — Buhari / Peter Obi: You Can’t Build Peace On Faulty Foundations (Video) / Nigeria Experiences Worst Independence Day Celebration Under Buhari – Adeyanju

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.