Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,686 members, 7,820,393 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB (24683 Views)

N'delta Militants Are No Pushovers, We Lack Equipment To Confront Them' - Chief / Why We Can’t Release Details Of Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – Code Of Conduct / We Lack The Capacity To Prevent Corruption In Nigeria – Okonjo-Iweala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by PassingShot(m): 10:42am On Jun 02, 2015
Mykevp2p:

But his spokesperson said he has fulfilled his campaign promise? Anyways, I'm still waiting for his 100 days in office... do remember he also said he will encourage his appointees to publicly declare their assets as that is one of prerequisite of getting appointment under him?.

I wish him well and Nigeria prosperity.
Yeah he said it but we cannot hold him responsible for that since he used the word "to persuade ".

He surely MUST make his assets public within first 100 days.
Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by dougivilla(m): 10:48am On Jun 02, 2015
Rawani:
Clearly the past PDP administration was not committed to transparency, accountability and the whole asset declaration process, which is why we are just discovering these constitutional challenges now, an issue that would have been long resolved through making the required amendments which will force the CCB to publish submitted asset declarations in the newspapers.

Regardless of these hiccups, it would be great if President Buhari sets an example and ignores the usual long process, and publicly announces his declared assets so we can concentrate on other issues of national importance.
You will soon blame PDP for your impotence.

Shey PDP stop Buhari from personally declaring publicly his assets?

Make una find trailer garrage go park abeg

2 Likes

Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by Wildrage: 10:48am On Jun 02, 2015
Bevista:
Let's read it together again, It said "... every public officer shall within three months after the coming into force of this Code of Conduct or immediately after taking office"

I understand that to mean that - after the Code comes into force, all existing public officers then were to declare their assets within the next three months. And all new public officers are to declare theirs immediately after taking office.

My 2 cents. I'm not a lawyer, though.

And you are right brother, the constitution bars him from performing the functions of the office of a president until his assets are declared

1 Like

Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by bakila: 10:56am On Jun 02, 2015
Mykevp2p:

No, PMB is not setting example... Yar'adua, a PDP president had done the same, even GEJ had previously declared his assets public... The constitution was there when Yar'adua declared his assets ( even though he didn't promise to do so like PMB).
Where the GEJ did that? Saba was trying to rehash his defence of why GEJ's declaration when he held sway could not be made public by him or to frustrate the demand for doing so.
PMB has declared his asset, there is an extant legislation on obtaining public documents from public institutions. Whoever wants to do so should go and file an application to that effect. In my opinion the FOI Act as couched, is a legislation that makes it difficult to get public document in order to cover up a lot,when one wants to do so. The Evidence Act has not changed and that declaration is a public document, whoever wants to get one can always do so. Saba should go and sit down.
Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by Wildrage: 11:07am On Jun 02, 2015
PassingShot:

Yeah he said it but we cannot hold him responsible for that since he used the word "to persuade ".

He surely MUST make his assets public within first 100 days.

You are wrong, it's not a MUST for him to make his assets public within 100 days in office, the prerogative is his as he is not legally bound to do so . What he owes us is a moral duty based on his campaign promise. It is my believe that the moral burden can be discharged the very day he submitted the asset declaration form to the code of conduct bureau, he gains nothing by the delay but public mistrust and avoidable distraction from the more urgent and pressing state matters that needs his attention. He had more than a month btw the time he was declared the president elect and when he took the oath of office, enough time to aggregate his meager means , make it public and proceed with managing states affairs without needless distraction

4 Likes

Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by M4gunners: 11:08am On Jun 02, 2015
kay29000:

All you guys amaze me. We have pressing issues on ground and you are making noise about Buhari not declaring his assets publicly. SMH! This is just his second day in office for christ sake...has he come out to say he won't declare it? Na wa for Nigerians o! We are the cause of our own problems. What do you want to do with his assets anyway...will it put food on your table? Will it fight Boko Haram? Will it make fuel cheaper? Will it reduce Nigeria's debt?
When you get back to your sense,then be the one to answer those questions you just asked. All am after is him to keep to his campaign promises. He couldn't have declared it all if he knows he is not going to make it publicly just as he promised. I'm now wondering how he can keep the promise of feeding the primary school children he promised a meal daily.

2 Likes

Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by smoothralph(m): 11:15am On Jun 02, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
@Rawani & Smoothralph, for the details of Jonathan's assets, click here:

https://www.nairaland.com/71305/details-goodluck-jonathans-assets
are we talking of vice president Jonathan or president Jonathan?

1 Like

Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by atlwireles: 11:44am On Jun 02, 2015
I am taken aback by the number of people surprised, there were reasons some of us called Buhari a 419 general, an Oluwole counterfeit. A retired army billionaire pretending to be a poor man lipsrsealed. As usual the foolish, senseless and dumbasss Nigerians swallowed it. People relax and enjoy the hellish change, Buhari will serve you and your children in the next 4 years.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by ShowYourCertificate: 11:49am On Jun 02, 2015
PassingShot:

To me, the issue is over-flogged. In any case, I expect that the form will be made available within this week.
Let's see.
Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by ShowYourCertificate: 11:50am On Jun 02, 2015
smoothralph:

are we talking of vice president Jonathan or president Jonathan?
We're talking about Jonathan

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by niceguy7(m): 12:06pm On Jun 02, 2015
gboss4sure:

We are patiently waiting and expecting 1 million naira and 150 cows as he told us while campaigning.
Lol....I hv this feeling that u are a pdp member.
Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by great664(m): 12:07pm On Jun 02, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
have u see pmb since inauguration? He has many things to attend to, he has not even resume duty,not to talk of having time for less important thing like asset declaration, don't u pple have common sense? boko haram just strike for d first day, and he has swift into action immediately, not like ur 'i don't care' ex-president. Is high time u saTANiod should have common sense.
How did your onechance of a president swift into action? By travelling to the bomb blast state or by leading soldiers there. How? Explain pls Cuz I might have missed it

1 Like

Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by omostar: 12:09pm On Jun 02, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
Whether you like it or not Jonathan declared his assets publicly in 2007. This confirms that you are a perpetual liar for making the comment below:

Whether you like it or not Jonathan remains the ONLY politician alive to have declared his assets PUBLICLY. Even the certificateless Buhari hasn't achieved that feat.

And of what use is that declaration when he refuse to declare at the end of his tenure?
Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by TheAdvocate(m): 12:41pm On Jun 02, 2015
Both the chairman and that his half-educated aide are fools. The constitution created the CCB and refers to other subsidiary laws that the National Assembly may create to guide it. The NASS passed into law the FoI Act. How can he argue dat? Is he not aware that the same Act setting up the CCB states that the agency shall gazette and publish it? We will insist on seeing their declared assets. They Should ask us under what law Yar Adua and his deputy GEJ declared their assets years back. Change indeed!

2 Likes

Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by TheAdvocate(m): 12:45pm On Jun 02, 2015
omostar:

And of what use is that declaration when he refuse to declare at the end of his tenure?

Who told yu he didn't declare at the end? Are yu the CCB?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by akanbiaa(m): 12:58pm On Jun 02, 2015
Rose2014:

He's just rubbing it all in the faces of Nigerians.
No office of First Lady shocked
He borrowed to buy nomination form and has only one million naira n 150 cows while the wife donated over a hundred million naira on the other end and flaunting her a N10M wrist watch.
Now his asset cannot be declared publicly.
I'm really amazed how gullible Nigerians bought into their Mr.Integrity sermon honestly.

Now Where are those APC e rats that have bn beating their chest over Buhari's integrity?

www.naij.com/444322-david-mark-buys-jonathan-a-24k-gold-watch.html
Investigate well before making or accepting made allegations by enemies of progress next time, don't exaggerate, and for the fact that Buhari have a rich wife who have beauty parlours all over the world does not translate to Buahri collecting money from her against her will and when did the constitution frown against spending money from your legitimate business money? And what do you have to say about David mark over 40 million naira watch gift to Jonathan at least he is accountable to the electorate and we all know his salary and allowances.

Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jun 02, 2015
bakila:

Where the GEJ did that? Saba was trying to rehash his defence of why GEJ's declaration when he held sway could not be made public by him or to frustrate the demand for doing so.
PMB has declared his asset, there is an extant legislation on obtaining public documents from public institutions. Whoever wants to do so should go and file an application to that effect. In my opinion the FOI Act as couched, is a legislation that makes it difficult to get public document in order to cover up a lot,when one wants to do so. The Evidence Act has not changed and that declaration is a public document, whoever wants to get one can always do so. Saba should go and sit down.

GEJ reluctantly did as a vice president... as a president, he declared only with CCB.

Civil society wrote to GEJ to make his assets public, he directed them to CCB.. they did, through FOI, but didn't get any information and they sued CCB to court. The verdict is not yet made public

1 Like

Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by Rose2014: 1:11pm On Jun 02, 2015
akanbiaa:
www.naij.com/444322-david-mark-buys-jonathan-a-24k-gold-watch.html
Investigate well before making or accepting made allegations by enemies of progress next time, don't exaggerate, and for the fact that Buhari have a rich wife who have beauty parlours all over the world does not translate to Buahri collecting money from her against her will and when did the constitution frown against spending money from your legitimate business money? And what do you have to say about David mark over 40 million naira watch gift to Jonathan at least he is accountable to the electorate and we all know his salary and allowances.

Aisha and her husband have not entered office and we're already comparing the bolded

So where's the change they promised?

And if u believe that watch cost $129 u'll believe anything.
Didn't u just say she owns beauty parlours all over the world and is very rich that she could donate 135m while her husband only has 1m.

Now u prefer to believe her watch is $129.smh

2 Likes

Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by Truckpusher(m): 1:48pm On Jun 02, 2015
mbhs139:

In as much as your post makes some sense, you took out the credibility in it when you said: "because of their ingrained hatred for a particular region and people." That shows your mindset, your problem, and the type of person you are- tribalist!
Well, you still can't deny the fact that Jonathan was rigged out because of his ethnicity and their perceived fear of him trying to right some wrongs in the entire system if he is voted into office the second time - Until we as a people decides to tell ourselves the truth agitations would still be emanating from different quarters of this country that is abundantly blessed in both human and natural resources.

You can't call a man that is clearly a minority a tribal jingoist when I'm clearly a victim of your own machinations that has had a resounding effect of creating inequality.

Hate the truth all you want and the truth still remains the truth

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by Truckpusher(m): 2:00pm On Jun 02, 2015
Imortal001:

Why is nairaland still allowing a corrupt mind like you to still post comment?
As long as m0rons like you are posting in here ,I'm 100% allowed to post. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by akanbiaa(m): 3:03pm On Jun 02, 2015
Rose2014:

Aisha and her husband has not entered office and we're already comparing the bolded

So where's the change they promised?

And if u believe that watch cost $129 u'll believe anything.
Didn't u just say she owns beauty parlours all over the world and is very rich that she could donate 135m while her husband only has 1m.

Now u prefer to believe her watch is $129.smh
and how does what she spends from her sweat concerns you?
Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by Rose2014: 3:23pm On Jun 02, 2015
akanbiaa:
and how does what she spends from her sweat concerns you?

Just Listen to yourself first

2 Likes

Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by smoothralph(m): 3:59pm On Jun 02, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
We're talking about Jonathan
I blame Buhari for not stabilizing ur brain

1 Like

Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by akanbiaa(m): 8:34am On Jun 03, 2015
Rose2014:

Just Listen to yourself first
i have listened to myself and it's still the money I worked for legitimately to my beauty parlours all over the world can be used to buy what I like, when I donated to IDU millions why did you not talk then? And why are you exaggerating my 129 dollars 26000 naira watch to 10 million naira? Now your turn to listen to your self.

Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by lookingfly: 3:04pm On Jun 03, 2015
Firefire:

Buhari may have good intentions but the goats around him will prefer to continue the enslavement of Nigeria and continue the looting.
true talk man,let's just hope he over powers them if not we are doomed as a country.......but waitoo,why is the presido finding it difficult to fulfil his promises...publicly declaring his asset,the same person that borrowed 27million naira for the purchase of presidential ticket of his party......Buhari,u must fight kwaraption oooo!!

1 Like

Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by lookingfly: 3:28pm On Jun 03, 2015
Firefire:

Buhari may have good intentions but the goats around him will prefer to continue the enslavement of Nigeria and continue the looting.
true talk man,let's just hope he over powers them if not we are doomed as a country.......but waitoo,why is the presido finding it difficult to fulfil his promises...publicly declaring his asset,the same person that borrowed 27million naira for the purchase of presidential ticket of his party,now first lady de flex 11million naira watch choyyy!!!......Buhari,u must fight kwaraption oooo!!!

1 Like

Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by ShowYourCertificate: 7:36am On Jun 04, 2015
PassingShot:

To me, the issue is over-flogged. In any case, I expect that the form will be made available within this week.
We're still waiting. The week is almost over grin
Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by ShowYourCertificate: 7:44am On Jun 04, 2015
Bevista:
Let's read it together again, It said "... every public officer shall within three months after the coming into force of this Code of Conduct or immediately after taking office"

I understand that to mean that - after the Code comes into force, all existing public officers then were to declare their assets within the next three months. And all new public officers are to declare theirs immediately after taking office.

My 2 cents. I'm not a lawyer, though.
You might be right. However the bone of contention is that it's done AFTER not BEFORE taking office.

1 Like

Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by Bevista: 8:35am On Jun 04, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
You might be right. However the bone of contention is that it's done AFTER not BEFORE taking office.
I'm not sure anybody is barred from doing his earlier, cos PMB and PYO submitted theirs on 28th May 2015.
Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by ShowYourCertificate: 8:03am On Jun 05, 2015
Bevista:
I'm not sure anybody is barred from doing his earlier, cos PMB and PYO submitted theirs on 28th May 2015.
If you could recollect, our debate was as a result of your assertion that the constitution requires the president to declare his assets to CCB BEFORE taking oath of office. Here's the link to your post and the excerpt:

https://www.nairaland.com/2351804/lack-power-now-display-buhari/4#34340004

Bevista:
The Constitution requires the president to declare his assets to CCB BEFORE taking oath of office, so I don't quite agree with you on that one. CCB usually has 30 days to confirm if the information contained in the forms are true, which probably explains why Yar'Adua made it public immediately after 30 days.

But yes, Shehu Garba goofed. Just like when he claimed he was under instruction to stop the AIT Journalist only for PMB to deny knowledge of such.

2 Likes

Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by ShowYourCertificate: 7:59am On Jun 06, 2015
PassingShot:

Bros it's weekend. No show? grin

2 Likes

Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by ShowYourCertificate: 6:51am On Aug 02, 2015
PassingShot:

Bros how market? It's two months and Buhari 7s yet to publicly declare his assets grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Army Arrests Two Boko Haram LG Bosses / Twitter Naija Reacts After Bukola Saraki Tweeted That He Spoke With Buhari Last / Poll Outcome May Affect Eligibility Suit Against Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.