Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,690 members, 7,820,406 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB (24684 Views)

N'delta Militants Are No Pushovers, We Lack Equipment To Confront Them' - Chief / Why We Can’t Release Details Of Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – Code Of Conduct / We Lack The Capacity To Prevent Corruption In Nigeria – Okonjo-Iweala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by niceguy7(m): 8:47am On Jun 02, 2015
gboss4sure:

APC abused him, Their supporters abused him.

Now they are doing the same thing and expect everyone to clap for them.
Dont be in such a hurry...it will soon be declared publicly.
Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by Nobody: 8:48am On Jun 02, 2015
niceguy7:

Dont be in such a hurry...it will soon be declared publicly.

We are patiently waiting and expecting 1 million naira and 150 cows as he told us while campaigning.
Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by Jesusloveyou: 8:48am On Jun 02, 2015
CSTR2:
You are a slowpoke.
If we can't trust buhari to be honest, how can we trust him with BH?
He is failing with the little things already and has started to fail with the bigger things.
common sense is not common, trust him to be honest, as how? has he fail any promise? has his tenure ended? is it time to campaign for who keep or fail promise?

1 Like

Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by Ezemust: 8:49am On Jun 02, 2015
PassingShot:

Does it matter to you that Yar'Adua did so a month after being sworn in?

Do you also realize that PMB promised to declare publicly within 100 days in office?

Let's not reason and behave as kids please!
then why is dat shehu of a guy trying to lie to us?why did he say buhari has fulfil his campaign promise?

3 Likes

Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by ShowYourCertificate: 8:51am On Jun 02, 2015
Rawani:

If it makes you sleep better undecided
Of course it will grin

1 Like

Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by repogirl(f): 8:52am On Jun 02, 2015
An2elect2:

Hey girl, if i were you i'll give it time. Its too early to start finding faults in someone you wish well. Let things unfold and we would know the deceivers and the deceived.
well you aren't me, thank goodness!

He should never have made promises he had no intentions of keeping, that is the whole point, incase you don't get it.

Girl!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by Nobody: 8:54am On Jun 02, 2015
Rawani:

He never announced his assets like we want PMB to do now since the benchmark for governance has been elevated from Jonathan's mediocrity. He only submitted his declaration, same as what PMB/PYO have done, if he publicly announced please correct me and state his worth when he entered and when he left office.
He did even though reluctantly but he did after yar adu did his own. it was only when he became his own principal that he did exactly what buhari is doing.
Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by 989900: 8:56am On Jun 02, 2015
Bevista:
As one of the things he'll do in his 1st 100 days in office, PMB said he'll make his assets public. I think he should be given the benefit of doubt till that timeline passes. Remember, late president Yar'Adua also declared his assets privately to CCB and only made it public on June 28th 2007 (one month after swearing-in).

Well said.
However, most kids on here have their reasoning faculties blinded by either hate, or severely severed thought process.
Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by Rawani: 9:00am On Jun 02, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
Of course it will grin

When you have the figures, please quote me. Cheers smiley
Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by Nobody: 9:00am On Jun 02, 2015

1 Like

Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by ShowYourCertificate: 9:08am On Jun 02, 2015
Rawani:

When you have the figures, please quote me. Cheers smiley
I've given you the figures but you were so blinded by your partisanship that you failed to see it grin

1 Like

Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by Junipero: 9:09am On Jun 02, 2015
CSTR2:
Go and sit down you bloody APC lackey.
Even GEJ the much maligned president did the needful as VP.
And your change agent can not explain the source of his obscene wealth.

1. You predicted i'm an APC fan because u see my common sense as a threat to your mediocrity. So obviously you acknowledge that you are a Blockhead. That was quite easy. wink

2. You prefer Name-calling (I blame your parents not you cheesy )

3. GEJ didn't publicly declare his assets as a President.. Buhari is a president not a VP and he has submitted his records to the CCB. Channel your frustration to the CCB.

4. Be patient. Wait till the deadline passes and then you can go on to attack him.

and.. 5. I know it's painful for you but Buhari is the President of the federal republic of Nigeria. If you aren't ok with it. You could assassinate him or migrate to another country or simply take Cyanide Pills.

It's that easy. grin

2 Likes

Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by Ubenedictus(m): 9:09am On Jun 02, 2015
fitzmayowa:

He has already resumed officially, in as much as i agree with you that asset declaration is less important and shouldn't be an issue, those asking for him to declare it publicly are only holding him accountable on his campaign promises...

When you don't deliver on trivial campaign promises such as asset declaration, how do you expect nigerians to trust him to deliver on the the important campaign promises...

Remember drop of water makes an ocean, plus tune down on the insults those asking (whether justified or not) have the right to ask you know...

he said he will declear his assets publicly in the first 100 days of his presidency. Let his 100 days pass before we crucify him, even if he releases the declaration 30 days from now he will still have kept his words.

Yar' adua who decleared his assets did the same thing, he first gave his declaration to the ccb and a month later decleared it publicly.
Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by ShowYourCertificate: 9:18am On Jun 02, 2015
Bevista:
As one of the things he'll do in his 1st 100 days in office, PMB said he'll make his assets public. I think he should be given the benefit of doubt till that timeline passes. Remember, late president Yar'Adua also declared his assets privately to CCB and only made it public on June 28th 2007 (one month after swearing-in).
Yar Adua submitted his assets to CCB five weeks in office and made it public almost immediately. He simply announced what he had filled on the declaration form. The mistake Buhari made was to have submitted his declaration form early without making the same form public. If he had waited 100 days before submitting his form to CCB, this issue wouldn't have arisen. What's so difficult in announcing what he filled in the form? Now that Nigerians are aware that he has filled the form, they want to know what he filled. Also Shehu Garba compounded Buhari's woes by saying Buhari has fulfilled one of his campaign promise on assets declaration.

I have been an unapologetic supporter of PMB since 2011, but will be extremely disappointed if he does not make his assets public in 95 days time.
The earlier the better. One can embezzle billions within a day thus Buhari is losing his credibility with each passing day.

1 Like

Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by Bevista: 9:25am On Jun 02, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
Yar Adua submitted his assets to CCB five weeks in office and made it public almost immediately. He simply announced what he had filled on the declaration form. The mistake Buhari made was to have submitted his declaration form early without making the same form public. If he had waited 100 days before submitting his form to CCB, this issue wouldn't have arisen. What's so difficult in announcing what he filled in the form? Now that Nigerians are aware that he has filled the form, they want to know what he filled. Also Shehu Garba compounded Buhari's woes by saying Buhari has fulfilled one of his campaign promise on assets declaration.

The earlier the better. One can embezzle billions within a day thus Buhari is losing his credibility with each passing day.
The Constitution requires the president to declare his assets to CCB before taking oath of office, so I don't quite agree with you on that one. CCB usually has 30 days to confirm if the information contained in the forms are true, which probably explains why Yar'Adua made it public immediately after 30 days.

But yes, Shehu Garba goofed. Just like when he claimed he was under instruction to stop the AIT Journalist only for PMB to deny knowledge of such.
Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by Nobody: 9:27am On Jun 02, 2015
who knows the monthly payment given to past presidents?? i heard its ₦ 23 million monthly

1 Like

Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by Imortal001: 9:33am On Jun 02, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
he says the truth and it makes his mind corrupt, please use the door. Oponu
You worst pass "oponu"! you know why? even as holy as jesus christ is, he stil roll with sinner.
So between you&me who is more oponucious? your oponu na raise to power two., infact you be follow come oponu!
Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by ShowYourCertificate: 9:38am On Jun 02, 2015
Bevista:
The Constitution requires the president to declare his assets to CCB before taking oath of office, so I don't quite agree with you on that one. CCB usually has 30 days to confirm if the information contained in the forms are true, which probably explains why Yar'Adua made it public immediately after 30 days.

But yes, Shehu Garba goofed. Just like when he claimed he was under instruction to stop the AIT Journalist only for PMB to deny knowledge of such.
Point of correction, the president is to declare his assets to the CCB within THREE (3) MONTHS. It mustn't be before taking oath. Read this excerpt from the 1999 constitution as amended:

Paragraph 11 of Part I of the Fifth Schedule to the Constitution provides that:

(1) Subject to the provisions of this Constitution, every public officer shall within three months after the coming into force of this Code of Conduct or immediately after taking office and thereafter --

(a) at the end of every four years; and

(b) at the end of his term of office, submit to the Code of Conduct Bureau a written declaration of all his properties, assets, and liabilities and those of his unmarried children under the age of eighteen years.

1 Like

Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by Nobody: 9:38am On Jun 02, 2015
PassingShot:

Do you also realize that PMB promised to declare publicly within 100 days in office?

But his spokesperson said he has fulfilled his campaign promise? Anyways, I'm still waiting for his 100 days in office... do remember he also said he will encourage his appointees to publicly declare their assets as that is one of prerequisite of getting appointment under him?.

I wish him well and Nigeria prosperity.

1 Like

Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by Nobody: 9:38am On Jun 02, 2015
Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by BuddhaPalm(m): 9:40am On Jun 02, 2015
Bevista:
As one of the things he'll do his 1st 100 days in office, PMB said he'll make his assets public. I think he should be given the benefit of doubt till that timeline passes. Remember, late president Yar'Adua also declared his assets privately to CCB and only made it public on June 28th 2007 (one month after swearing-in).

I have been an unapologetic supporter of PMB since 2011, but will be extremely disappointed if he does not make his assets public in 95 days time.

Sincerely, without being critical, I would have loved for him to have made this declaration 'public' from the get go.

We want him to be the GOLD-STANDARD by which conduct in public office is measured.

He promised that asset declaration will be prerequisite for appointments. So will he make his appointments in 90 days time?

1 Like

Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by ShowYourCertificate: 9:40am On Jun 02, 2015
PassingShot:

1 Like

Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by shezinton(m): 9:43am On Jun 02, 2015
No power is dat an xcuse...waz der power wen u pple wer doing campaign...make u asset declaration public else. make we assume say na 1 chance we enter

1 Like

Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by Bevista: 9:52am On Jun 02, 2015
BuddhaPalm:

Sincerely, without being critical, I would have loved for him to have made this declaration 'public' from the get go.

We want him to be the GOLD-STANDARD by which conduct in public office is measured.

He promised that asset declaration will be prerequisite for appointments. So will he make his appointments in 90 days time?

I completely agree with you. But you see, CCB has 30 days to verify the contents of the asset declaration before gazzeting it as official govt document.

Maybe, he is waiting for CCB to finish their job before going public - or at least I hope so. Could that be the reason why Yar'Adua declared his own publicly 30 days after swearing in?
Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by caprini1: 9:53am On Jun 02, 2015
Rawani:

There's nothing to shift. The problem has its roots in the past PDP administration.
I think the problem started with OBJ ,he had the opportunity to put the country in the height of the greats,but he rather made it impossible for his incumbent to follow a mapped out structure ,with his third term bid...look at Lagos state,even if there are traces of corruption,there is a working structure,that even if a road side mechanic is made the governor,he knows where to pick up and start running the state with ease.

1 Like

Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by gonzaga: 9:56am On Jun 02, 2015
How did Yar'dua make his own public?

Nigerians are no fools please. If you want to do something, you can do it.

No one forced PMB to promise he was going to make a public declaration. He did it willingly and without force.

If they now decide to hide under some legal issues, let their conscience judge them.

This same law was in place when Yar'dua did it, what has changed?

1 Like

Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by kmanning: 10:01am On Jun 02, 2015
Amaudeogu:
I don't see anything difficult for the president elect to declare his assets publicly if he is not hiding something from the masses...

The President, Pls.
Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by Ephemmm: 10:08am On Jun 02, 2015
Mykevp2p:

No, PMB is not setting example... Yar'adua, a PDP president had done the same, even GEJ had previously declared his assets public... The constitution was there when Yar'adua declared his assets ( even though he didn't promise to do so like PMB).

Dude! Yaradua was inaugurated may 29 2007, he made his assets public June 27: I don't understand the motive behind your lamentation, honestly.
Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by Bevista: 10:09am On Jun 02, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
Point of correction, the president is to declare his assets to the CCB within THREE (3) MONTHS. It mustn't be before taking oath. Read this excerpt from the 1999 constitution as amended:

Let's read it together again, It said "... every public officer shall within three months after the coming into force of this Code of Conduct or immediately after taking office"

I understand that to mean that - after the Code comes into force, all existing public officers then were to declare their assets within the next three months. And all new public officers are to declare theirs immediately after taking office.

My 2 cents. I'm not a lawyer, though.
Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by kay29000(m): 10:17am On Jun 02, 2015
M4gunners:
And this is how the matter will die.We don enter one chance i tell una. No smoke without fire, they have reason for refusing to make it publicly.

All you guys amaze me. We have pressing issues on ground and you are making noise about Buhari not declaring his assets publicly. SMH! This is just his second day in office for christ sake...has he come out to say he won't declare it? Na wa for Nigerians o! We are the cause of our own problems. What do you want to do with his assets anyway...will it put food on your table? Will it fight Boko Haram? Will it make fuel cheaper? Will it reduce Nigeria's debt?
Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by nortcentrallord(m): 10:23am On Jun 02, 2015
Rawani:
Clearly the past PDP administration was not committed to transparency, accountability and the whole asset declaration process, which is why we are just discovering these constitutional challenges now, an issue that would have been long resolved through making the required amendments which will force the CCB to publish submitted asset declarations in the newspapers.

Regardless of these hiccups, it would be great if President Buhari sets an example and ignores the usual long process, and publicly announces his declared assets so we can concentrate on other issues of national importance.

Is this about pdp? Was Yaradua not a pdp president? Was his asset declaration not made public? Must we drop everything on pdp and GEJ? If buhari goes to for a long or short visit, it's because of pdp and GEJ grin cheesy grin bunch of mediocres. Better start affecting the change o because you were elected to change things from bad to best.

1 Like

Re: We Lack Power For Now To Display Buhari, Osinbajo’s Assets – CCB by PassingShot(m): 10:39am On Jun 02, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
To me, the issue is over-flogged. In any case, I expect that the form will be made available within this week.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

APC Members Defect To PDP In Jigawa / APC Presidential Rally In Kano Cancelled / Jonathan to Buhari: How Did You Spend Your Defence Budget?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.