Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,922 members, 7,828,206 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:14 AM

Would You Marry An Osu? - Culture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Would You Marry An Osu? (27452 Views)

Anything Wrong With Marrying An Osu(outcast From Some Parts Of Igboland) / Igbos, Will You Marry An Osu? / My Wife-To-Be Is An "Osu" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Marry An Osu? by Nobody: 3:31am On Oct 06, 2007
laudate:

Why not allow the people I mentioned to answer? cool Wetin concern you for inside? Or are they your relatives?

And why are you chanting the word 'testicles' all of a sudden? Are you okay? Or have you been deprived of the pleasure of seeing that part of the male anatomy for a while? Let us know o!

LOL.
Re: Would You Marry An Osu? by Nobody: 3:31am On Oct 06, 2007
almondjoy:

Tee hee hee hee hee hee! grin Very funny! They are preparing for the "olympics" coming up in China I believe. undecided

100 meters dash I suppose
Re: Would You Marry An Osu? by almondjoy(f): 2:12pm On Oct 06, 2007
nwando:

100 meters dash I suppose

Please check 'em for some "Marion Jones" steroids! No cheating please! cheesy

londoner:

I'm curious to know, have Osu always been seen as outcasts? Could it be that the stigma is a relic of the introduction of Christianity in Igboland, how come these people became considered cursed all of a sudden, was there a time when this was not so? I wonder if this is an Igbo belief one which emerged due to religion?

Look, the wnole thing is just a huge joke. Just like the killing of twins and Mary Slessor of the good old Nigerian history. Please do not even dig deeper. You will waste a lot of time trying to understand the "crock"!
Re: Would You Marry An Osu? by Nobody: 1:14am On Oct 07, 2007
londoner:

I'm curious to know, have Osu always been seen as outcasts? Could it be that the stigma is a relic of the introduction of Christianity in Igboland, how come these people became considered cursed all of a sudden, was there a time when this was not so? I wonder if this is an Igbo belief one which emerged due to religion?

If you read history books, The" so called Osus" quickly embraced Christianity and western education because here was a religion that told them they were equal to anyone in God's eyes.
Christianity actually helped the situation.
Re: Would You Marry An Osu? by ifyalways(f): 10:39pm On Oct 09, 2007
who are we to call another fellow osu?who made us and the person we tend to refer to osu?what makes we think we are any different from them?the bible made us to know that we are all slaves, slaves of sin and we are all likewise reedemmed with a price.infact we are bought over with a price.if our grandfathers made that mistake,(well in the days of ignorance,God forgave)we in this present age have no reason or rhyme to make such declaration.we are all one.bought over witha price.no slave,no free man.please there is nothing like osu.it only exists in the imagination of people that refuse to come to term with reality!i WOULD GLADLY MARRY ANYBODY AND ENCOOURAGE ANYONE CLOSE TO ME TO DO SO TOO.lets not incur the wrath of God on oursef by calling any man osu.its not right,it does not exist!you know any one??a guy with good brains,fears God and i ssingle??refer him to me tongue
Re: Would You Marry An Osu? by Nobody: 4:40am On Oct 10, 2007
ifyalways:

who are we to call another fellow osu?who made us and the person we tend to refer to osu?what makes we think we are any different from them?the bible made us to know that we are all slaves, slaves of sin and we are all likewise reedemmed with a price.infact we are bought over with a price[b].if our grandfathers made that mistake,(well in the days of ignorance,God forgave)we in this present age have no reason or rhyme to make such declaration.we are all one.bought over witha price.no slave,no free man.please there is nothing like osu.it only exists in the imagination of people that refuse to come to term with reality[/b]!i WOULD GLADLY MARRY ANYBODY AND ENCOOURAGE ANYONE CLOSE TO ME TO DO SO TOO.lets not incur the wrath of God on oursef by calling any man osu.its not right,it does not exist!you know any one??a guy with good brains,fears God and i ssingle??refer him to me tongue

Amen!
Re: Would You Marry An Osu? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Oct 14, 2007
EYA. . .go look for one, marry am, then tell us how it feels to be married to an osu
Re: Would You Marry An Osu? by ifyalways(f): 9:42pm On Oct 14, 2007
toyinrayo:

EYA. . .go look for one, marry am, then tell us how it feels to be married to an osu
perharps you have a brother you can introduce me to cos am very sure that if such things exist then, you are definitely one of them.
gba enu e dake.enu jagajaga
Re: Would You Marry An Osu? by Nobody: 2:48am On Oct 15, 2007
enu jajajage, ke? and i bet your mouth is the fresh one. . .eh?
no time for nonsense like you. . .if u aint got no sense, take your stupid a$$ home
Re: Would You Marry An Osu? by ifyalways(f): 2:27pm On Oct 15, 2007
you just showed how jobless you are by replying ! really busy doing NOTHING.
isi oke !
Re: Would You Marry An Osu? by Nobody: 10:54pm On Oct 15, 2007
now hon, look who's talking. . .eya, guess your jobless too. and when did we discuss about my occupation? since you dnt know if i have a job or not. . .shut that mouth. .u hear?
iya agbaya. . . .who knows even if your not an osu. . .Satan, leave me alone,jo. . .!!!!!!!! *who the f was talking to you in the first place you get insult when u give it. . .u asked for it. . anyways i'll stop giveing you what you needinsults so seun wnt close down this thread. . .some people do want to post here without having a bitchyou insult them. do us all a favor. . .please jump over a bridge cool cool cool odabo jare. . . kiss kiss
Re: Would You Marry An Osu? by nnenneigbo(f): 12:55am On Oct 28, 2007
ifyalways:

perharps you have a brother you can introduce me to because am very sure that if such things exist then, you are definitely one of them.
gba enu e dake.enu jagajaga

buhahahahahahaha
Re: Would You Marry An Osu? by nnenneigbo(f): 12:56am On Oct 28, 2007
if osu people should not be discriminated, why are people pn here still using it as an insult. beggers believe.
Re: Would You Marry An Osu? by ifyalways(f): 3:59pm On Oct 30, 2007
nnenneigbo:

if osu people should not be discriminated, why are people pn here still using it as an insult. beggers believe.
meaning what??hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

toyinrayo just saw your other post in the other thread.good and fine.you dont beleive that the so called "osu system" exist and you neither supports the discrimation against themlol then its cease fire from me.i was thinking you do.you almost sounded like that when you asked to go get married to one.no stress.lol tongue tongue
Re: Would You Marry An Osu? by Nobody: 2:11am On Nov 09, 2007
no oh, i dnt believe. . .i meant if he thinks there's such thing why dnt he go marry one and let us see if there really is one. undecided . . no hard feelingss wink
Re: Would You Marry An Osu? by davidif: 6:09pm On Jan 01, 2008
gosh what backward thinking! and you wonder why Nigerians would never progress, when a tribe within a tribe are being discriminatory to each other. Who ever said racism would end.
Re: Would You Marry An Osu? by davidif: 6:12pm On Jan 01, 2008
What a shame that practices like this still exist, and this are the same people complaining against white on black racism and you wonder why Nigeria isn't progressing when you have a tribe within a tribe discriminating against each other.
Re: Would You Marry An Osu? by chisomness(f): 8:00pm On Jan 01, 2008
Yes of course i will marry an Osu cool
Re: Would You Marry An Osu? by Godly: 1:23pm On Feb 08, 2008
Osu is an Igbo term for outcast. It was practiced years ago. it could be somebody that left the traditional god for christian religion, somebody that had intercourse with father, mother or any sibling etc Though it is very comon in Imo state!However, things have really change and we need to change with it except, you don't believe in change nor God. It is pure discrimination and a practice of no forgiveness! It is like HIV/AIDS discrimination or discrimination between the rich and the poor. i don't believe in it, guy, if you really believe your girl is a good thing to you, please go ahead and encourage others to.
Re: Would You Marry An Osu? by almondjoy(f): 4:04pm On Feb 08, 2008
This topic is really not worth discussing I swear! How it got to this stage just shows how jobless Nigerians can be!

Osu ma arse!
Re: Would You Marry An Osu? by augustluv(f): 6:42pm On Feb 16, 2008
As for me,i will not marry an OSU.
Re: Would You Marry An Osu? by amaechijay: 5:03pm On May 29, 2008
What sbucareer wrote abt the origin of Osu Caste system is true but I disagree with it not changing in 100 yrs.

lt is our duty as the enlightened generation to make the change by not going to do any sort of informal enquiry in the remote villages when one makes one's mind to marry a lady.

Just as we no longer allow our parents to make choices for us, we should also not allow remote customs to change for us as per our live partners.

Moreso, Osu has to do with our traditional religion which is worshipping idols so christianity has surpassed all these heathen mode of worship.

Whoever is cleansed by the blood of Jesus Christ is a free born of the highest order and no one can condemn such a person.

I am a free born from a royal family but l totally disagree with this injustice called OSU Caste.
Re: Would You Marry An Osu? by LetThemSay: 7:14am On Jun 19, 2008
Same way some whites are not interested in Blacks (afterall they were slaves too). I think it's a backward way of thinking. If I truly love someone from OSU, I will definately marry them, I don't have time for rubbish, my happiness comes first, culture can tag behind.
Re: Would You Marry An Osu? by AdaobiIwu: 2:55pm On Feb 05, 2009
People pls this nt time to say this person is right or wrong, can we just find a solution to this maddness,
Am truly dying in pains i found love in someone and its time for us to get married and they say am an Osu!!!
Hw can something so sweet turn bitter all of a sudden? as my boyfriend life is becoming something else for him.

What can i do?, the thing is that those who call us Osu's still come 2 party and dine with us,even recieve money when we give them,
yet they fetch water from the borehole my father provided for them! now if there is no solution can they pls stay away from us? they 've cost me my happiness and i knw my God will act real soon,please can someone show me where it is in the bible,

my Brothers and Sister's pls help your sister out because am dying in this.
Re: Would You Marry An Osu? by Nobody: 7:44pm On Feb 08, 2009
Osu(out Cast) And Real Born In Igbo Land Discrimination
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-195145.0.html

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9)

Late Alfred Akawe Torkula Tomb In Pictures / Pictures From The Boat Regatta Held For Lagos@50 / Why Alaafin Of Oyo And Aare Ona Kakanfo Can't Stay Together- Gani Adams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.