Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,193 members, 7,811,504 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:15 PM

Thugs Beat Punch Correspondent In Ekiti - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Thugs Beat Punch Correspondent In Ekiti (22382 Views)

Diezani Alison-madueke Appears In UK Court - BBC Correspondent / "I CAN'T PROTECT YOU!", Akwa Ibom CP Tells PUNCH Correspondent / DSS Operatives Invade Home Of Reuters’ Correspondent In Bayelsa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thugs Beat Punch Correspondent In Ekiti by legba1(m): 9:07pm On Jun 03, 2015
gregg2:
[size=14pt]PUNCH journalist deserve much more severe beatings. Their hatred for anything PDP is just devilish. Thank you Ekiti people

Next is Nations, TVC and Saharareporters
[/size]

Imagine you in this age lending credence to such a barbaric act, what in your mind is the work of a journalist. A media house that is adjudged the pride of journalism cos of its strict adheherence to ethics. Go check your pairs in better climes.
Re: Thugs Beat Punch Correspondent In Ekiti by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jun 03, 2015
kalindaminda:

Nigerians are genetically evil. Just accept that.

Just felt it bears repeating.
Re: Thugs Beat Punch Correspondent In Ekiti by alrahmanonline(m): 9:13pm On Jun 03, 2015
Fairgodwin:
We need more details as to what really led to his being beaten up, please.
At least, he must have done something to warrant the beating.
NB: I am not in any way justifying the beating, I am only saying we should be logical in our judgements and inputs.
Well, sorry o Mr Journalist.
Wetin concern thug with logic, logi kinni?
Before you know what is happening heavy slap would've landed for no reasons.. Those people no send you one...

1 Like

Re: Thugs Beat Punch Correspondent In Ekiti by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jun 03, 2015
kalindaminda:

Nigerians are genetically evil. Just accept that.

There are times when I want to believe that...but then in my everyday interactions with my fellow countrymen, someone does something so altruistic, so wonderful, that my cynicism disappears.
Re: Thugs Beat Punch Correspondent In Ekiti by Ayo199(m): 9:19pm On Jun 03, 2015
Sijo01:
Ekiti, the HQ of thugs tongue
dapada...u can say fayose
Re: Thugs Beat Punch Correspondent In Ekiti by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jun 03, 2015
seunmsg:

I have nothing to gain lying here on NL. You can take a trip to Ekiti and abuse Fayose openly, then come back to NL to share your experience.
You mean Ekiti is a place where they beat people for criticising fayose? Bros stop the shit you are saying here. Am from Ekiti and we are so deligent in fighting our causes which is different from what you are potraying us here.
Re: Thugs Beat Punch Correspondent In Ekiti by bigerboy200: 9:30pm On Jun 03, 2015
shammah1:
I'm loving Fayose more everyday. He's loved by the people. However, I don't support violence or crime. Punch, Sahara Reporters, TVC, Leadership and Nations are full of prejudice, hate, and propaganda. They're APC media.

But they have never wished anyone "death"..

1 Like

Re: Thugs Beat Punch Correspondent In Ekiti by Caseless: 9:31pm On Jun 03, 2015
INTROVERT:
Thugs punch punch correspondent in Ekiti. grin

grin grin
Re: Thugs Beat Punch Correspondent In Ekiti by Yomboy4ever(m): 9:40pm On Jun 03, 2015
Islie:
The Ekiti State PUNCH Correspondent, Kamarudeen Ogundele, was attacked in Ado Ekiti on Wednesday and beaten to a stupor by thugs suspected to be loyal to the Peoples Democratic Party, who continued to lay siege to the All Progressives Congress lawmakers.

He had gone to gauge the mood in town when the thugs descended on him, beating him to a pulp, while trying to take the picture of women praying for peace in the state.

His clothe was torn into shreds by the hoodlums who got angry for taking the picture after seizing his phone.

http://www.punchng.com/news/thugs-beat-punch-correspondent-in-ekiti/

The Man that has letter A & F in his names your days are Numbered..
Re: Thugs Beat Punch Correspondent In Ekiti by folexx66: 9:48pm On Jun 03, 2015
Pls y is dat only punch dat got beating every nw and den, u guys remember wat hapen to punch staff in nasarawa and jonathans vilage last week,y is it punch all d time?
Re: Thugs Beat Punch Correspondent In Ekiti by sunnedee: 9:50pm On Jun 03, 2015
seunmsg:

I have nothing to gain lying here on NL. You can take a trip to Ekiti and abuse Fayose openly, then come back to NL to share your experience.

All anti Fayose peeps on NL should take this advice and come and report their experience.

I am sure their life will never remain the same

1 Like

Re: Thugs Beat Punch Correspondent In Ekiti by sosereal201(m): 10:04pm On Jun 03, 2015
gregg2:
[size=14pt]PUNCH journalist deserve much more severe beatings. Their hatred for anything PDP is just devilish. Thank you Ekiti people

[/size]
so na all news papers come hate Ekiti now?
Re: Thugs Beat Punch Correspondent In Ekiti by delors(m): 10:13pm On Jun 03, 2015
gregg2:

[/size]
Go beat them nah...shebi na you be Mighty Igor...People dey do their work u dey beat them...so much for Freedom of Speech.
Re: Thugs Beat Punch Correspondent In Ekiti by vandie(m): 10:17pm On Jun 03, 2015
na wa oh. Naija. God have mercy.
Re: Thugs Beat Punch Correspondent In Ekiti by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jun 03, 2015
seunmsg:
So sad, but that's the reality at present in Ekiti. Two weeks ago, I heard the story of a guy that travelled to Ekiti and made the mistake of abusing Fayose openly, he was thoroughly beaten. Ekiti people so much love Fayose that you can't speak ill of him in their presence. That is why I laugh at those calling for the impeachment of the governor, Ekiti people will defend him with the last blood in their vein.
people will defend fayose with the last drop of their blood? b4 my papa tell me say ekit people go skul wella, i no no say na shaft brain dem install 4 dem,
Re: Thugs Beat Punch Correspondent In Ekiti by molas02: 10:31pm On Jun 03, 2015
donem:
are you in Ekiti?
Repeat ur questn sir
Re: Thugs Beat Punch Correspondent In Ekiti by Sijo01(f): 10:34pm On Jun 03, 2015
Ahmeduana:
A FE E BÈE.

Whatever it means bro, I wish you same plenty times smiley
Re: Thugs Beat Punch Correspondent In Ekiti by vandie(m): 10:38pm On Jun 03, 2015
na wa ohh. naija. no mercy.
Re: Thugs Beat Punch Correspondent In Ekiti by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jun 03, 2015
Beating journalists is a serious crime!Primitive people!
Re: Thugs Beat Punch Correspondent In Ekiti by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jun 03, 2015
bushdoc9919:

As I write this, I remember the journalist, Onome Osifo-Whiskey who was kidnapped by the SSS in 1996, and held incommunicado until the end of Abacha's regime. Back then, the justification and mindset was that his reports were damaging to National security.

I also remember the shock and horror at the death of the late Dele Giwa, who was killed, ostensibly for doing his job as a journalist.

In Nigeria today, we claim to be practicing democracy.....yet we support violence against those who we disagree with. Just recently APC supporters stoned Sen Mark. Now....we have these supposed PDP men backing unrestrained violence against journalists all in the name of opposition politics. And these same people would scream themselves hoarse if a Christian is attacked in the North for ''anti-Islam propaganda''....yet see nothing worng with a journalist being attacked for Anti-Fayose propaganda.

In 1974, Jack Gowon said Nigeria is not ready for democracy. Forty years later....I am beginning to think he was right. Nigerians are a bad people. We cannot tolerate opposition, even wrongly guided opposition. Instead....we engage in violence at the slightest opportunity. And when we get into power....we continue such violent activities.All in the name of....what?

And we have the guts to call ourselves a good people.

To those who beat up this journalist....and to those APC supporters who stoned PDP men....I have nothing but deep shame and indgnation at your behaviour.

And to all those commenters I have quoted above. [b]Your behaviour is no better than the Boko Haram in the North. You are encouraging the beginnings of a fire that may consume you as well. If you cannot understand the essential concept of a democracy....that freedom for those you do not like is your own freedom...then you do not deserve to live in a democracy. You deserve to live under a dictator....who will make your lives a living misery[/b]I do not make any requests....but I ask you to read your comments again....and contemplate them.What you have written is wrong. Those who liked your comments are wrong. And as a believer in freedom of conscience....I do condemn you.

Wake up Nigerians. An injustice to one is an injustice to all.

Freedom is always the freedom of dissenters....R.Luxembourg.
so what you are saying In essence is that some idiotic elements have the right to write rubbish, cook up lies from the pit of hell, tarnish peoples image as well as destroy lives all in the name of freedom of speech? Haven't you heard about the saying that words are more dangerous than bullets? Or are u new to this world. The fact is freedom is a choice not a birthright so you have to be very careful and cautious at the kind of news you disseminate to the public. Can you try this nonsense in Russia and China? I'm referring to the journalists.
Re: Thugs Beat Punch Correspondent In Ekiti by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jun 03, 2015
luchy34:
so what you are saying In essence is that some idiotic elements have the right to write rubbish, cook up lies from the pit of hell, tarnish peoples image as well as destroy lives all in the name of freedom of speech? Haven't you heard about the saying that words are more dangerous than bullets? Or are u new to this world. The fact is freedom is a choice not a birthright so you have to be very careful and cautious at the kind of news you disseminate to the public. Can you try this nonsense in Russia and China? I'm referring to the journalists.

See? Nigerians are evil to the core. Democracy is not for Nigeria. They can't even handle free press.
Re: Thugs Beat Punch Correspondent In Ekiti by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jun 03, 2015
kalindaminda:

See? Nigerians are evil to the core. Democracy is not for Nigeria. They can't even handle free press.
I'm glad you know tongue
Re: Thugs Beat Punch Correspondent In Ekiti by VoteOutPDPJona: 11:34pm On Jun 03, 2015
seunmsg:
So sad, but that's the reality at present in Ekiti. Two weeks ago, I heard the story of a guy that travelled to Ekiti and made the mistake of abusing Fayose openly, he was thoroughly beaten. Ekiti people so much love Fayose that you can't speak ill of him in their presence. That is why I laugh at those calling for the impeachment of the governor, Ekiti people will defend him with the last blood in their vein.
Though Fayose committed impeachment offenses, he still enjoys the goodwill of the masses there... quite surprising.
Re: Thugs Beat Punch Correspondent In Ekiti by Excellentmind: 12:35am On Jun 04, 2015
Bias reporters need to be thought a lesson, to remind them of the ethical standards in journalism which they have refused to obey out of sheer wickedness.

More powers to your elbows you guys in Ekiti!
Re: Thugs Beat Punch Correspondent In Ekiti by Allansmith: 3:26am On Jun 04, 2015
Olorun ma gba Ekiti lowo awon madaru...Awon Oniranu Oshi gbogbo...Shior.... undecided
Re: Thugs Beat Punch Correspondent In Ekiti by gbodimowo(m): 5:04am On Jun 04, 2015
StOla:
Imagine a state where Fayose was governor and Wike was the deputy, then someone dared to act as opposition to such a state government?

E go just red for d guy
Re: Thugs Beat Punch Correspondent In Ekiti by cabaliciouscabal: 6:05am On Jun 04, 2015
Gregg2 I honestly think u should go 4 brain check, journalists dat ar going round to bring news to us in d comfort of our homes, and u ar out dia spilling rubbish dat dey should beat dem all, u must be a mad man dat just run out of ARO mental hospital without recourse to getting ur last dose of largatin injection.
Re: Thugs Beat Punch Correspondent In Ekiti by Nobody: 6:18am On Jun 04, 2015
luchy34:

The rights of people to freely speak must be protected.

Unless you want to live under a dictarorship again.

I don't know about you....but as for me...freedom for all, including those who publish false info against me.

And assuming someone cooks up lies...there are the courts. Bring a prosecution for libel...same as Murtala Muhammed did in 1975 when he was accused by a newspaper of ''looting the Central Bank''. He won the case....the news paper admitted in court that they lied.

Beating up people for speaking against you is a prelude to things that you may not like.

I leave you with this quote...from Rosa Luxembourg.

Freedom only for the supporters of the government, only for the members of a party – however numerous they may be – is no freedom at all. Freedom is always the freedom of the dissenter. Not because of the fanaticism of "justice", but rather because all that is instructive, wholesome, and purifying in political freedom depends on this essential characteristic, and its effects cease to work when "freedom" becomes a privilege

His freedom, is yours as well. Because tomorrow....someone might just accuse you of cooking up lies from the pit of hell....and in a China style repressive society(where someone was jailed for campaigning for HIV positive people...and where christians and muslims go to jail for ''being in ''illegal'' churches/mosques..or Russia where dissidents are shot dead for no just cause)...you may not have the right to defend yourself.

1 Like

Re: Thugs Beat Punch Correspondent In Ekiti by 3moses: 6:52am On Jun 04, 2015
seunmsg:
they're not ordinary supporters instead imported and employed thugs. it's always a film here in ekiti. anyway, we are still enjoying the loaded actions of the episodes.
Re: Thugs Beat Punch Correspondent In Ekiti by HzRF(m): 7:27am On Jun 04, 2015
mascot87:

Bros if u understand my tone from my comment,u will know I was equally yoking grin grin grin
Na curse u dey take joke abi
GOD DEY
Re: Thugs Beat Punch Correspondent In Ekiti by ifeoluwasegun(m): 7:29am On Jun 04, 2015
mascot87:
How can Punch journalist be Punched just to Punch the punched punch through punches that emanated from punching punch punched

Sorry, but I need to know...
Are you a student of Hon. Patrick?
Re: Thugs Beat Punch Correspondent In Ekiti by donem: 9:15am On Jun 04, 2015
molas02:
Repeat ur questn sir
I meant if ur'e based in Ekiti state

if yes extend ma regards to Fayose, the lion of the southwest politics. Peace to you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Supporters Of President Buhari On Solidarity Protest On The Streets Of Abuja / BREAKING: Senior WAEC Official Confirms Buhari’s Secondary School Results / Obaseki Introduces Revenue Scratch Card In Edo For Levies Collection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.