Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,615 members, 7,820,180 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:59 AM

Comments By Pope Benedict XVI Annoy Muslims - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Comments By Pope Benedict XVI Annoy Muslims (13143 Views)

Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer / Nigeria’s Arinze Favoured As Pope Benedict XVI Resigns / Pope Benedict To Resign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Comments By Pope Benedict XVI Annoy Muslims by Nobody: 3:23pm On Sep 29, 2006
please carmelily stop it.
Let's talk facts not fables.
@ bellotti,you guys need to start by educating the so called almajiris especially at the friday mosque.Maybe some sermons that Mohammed and Allah would be really mad if they killed one infidel could make them turn a new leaf.
Censoring free speech will not help since the preaching of salvation in Jesus name will be regarded as blasphemy and a call to arms too.

The onus to prove Islam is a peaceful religion lies on you guys and so far you have scored a pathetic F.
Re: Comments By Pope Benedict XVI Annoy Muslims by Nobody: 5:19pm On Sep 29, 2006
belloti:

My advice is that stop making provocative statements. By doing that you are in a way encouraging violence. we do have a lot of nice things to say to ourselves, why being so negative? Intelligent people are talking about global warming, stem cell research, space tourism, and champions league, why do we spend so much time inciting violence. Dont give the almajiris reasons to go on rampage, they may probably use that energy for some productive ventures.

My first sincere advice to you is that you stop playing the ostrich with its head buried in the sand! It is not all about saying nice things, infact the quran has more "un" nice things about "unbelievers" that one wonders if your god is one of peace as you all claim. Refering to us as apes and infidels is sure a nice thing!

When you say provocative statements, i wonder whether the statements from Al-qaeda to murder innocent Americans, conquer Europe, drive Isreal to the sea, Davinci code, holocaust cartoons, murder the pope, declare a world wide day of anger, are all not provocative! Why does the muslim feel he has a monopoly to violence in order to prove his religion is truly one of peace? How many other religions in the world are threatening others not to make provocative but true statements? I wonder if you put much thought to your posts at all! Your mere words alone are enough provocation to christians who have suffered violence in the hands of muslims for decades in silence!

When you refer about intelligent people and what they do, you wonder if by implication you mean to refer to arabs and other muslims as unintelligent!
While others in Nigeria are talking about vision 2020, the northern Govs are busy installing hisbahs and instituting sharia in a multireligious society, while the world the USA is launching satellites, the arab world is plotting how to bomb trains, hijack aircraft and kill the pope!
Even the weapons they are threatening to use where developed and built by the same "intelligent" people you mention!

When you mention almajiris and productive ventures in the same sentence, one wonders if you live in Nigeria at all! What reason has the almajiri to go on rampage, since when did he attain the right to violence?
Re: Comments By Pope Benedict XVI Annoy Muslims by Nobody: 5:35pm On Sep 29, 2006
Anyone who hasn't should please watch the earlier clip of Ms Sultan,an Arab woman who has denounced Islam,the passion in her voice speaks volumes.
She summarises in a nutshell the mindset of Muslims.
They are impossible to reason with.
And mind you,she is not a Christian(yet).
The war is not between Muslims and Christians and Jews,it is between Muslims and right thinking humans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOp_9xQ3gak
Re: Comments By Pope Benedict XVI Annoy Muslims by ladenz(m): 6:34pm On Sep 29, 2006
@Afam.
I dont think its fear for you to say that Pope Benedict has broken bridges built by John Paul II. I know for certain that Benedict has tried to continue the moves to get closer to other religions from the moment he got elected. the statement he made was simply a quote and he was not even speaking about Muslims in the context that everyone is interpreting it. He was speaking about something completely different.
Re: Comments By Pope Benedict XVI Annoy Muslims by Uche2nna(m): 7:47pm On Sep 29, 2006
carmelily:

i wonder why u guys bother your heads. the pope belongs to a sect which doesn't condemn alcohol. who can vouch for his sobriety when he made such an irresponsible statement?
You are right you can not vouch 4 the sobriety of the pope when he made those comments just as I can not vouch for your sanity right now.The question is are u insane just because I am incapable of vouching for your sanity.Think about that and next time when you are posting let your thots flow from your brain to your hands instead of from the heart to the hands.
Anyway,even if the pope was as drunk as the drunken master when he made those comments,were the comments a reflection of the real situation or were they rantings of an inebriate mind!
Re: Comments By Pope Benedict XVI Annoy Muslims by carmelily: 2:12pm On Sep 30, 2006
elementary, my dear uche2nna.
don't burst a vessel. sanity, like sobriety, is relative in my book. grin
and anyways,i admit i'm insane, no big deal. but if i was the pope, hmmmmm, don't lemme answer u.
Re: Comments By Pope Benedict XVI Annoy Muslims by Uche2nna(m): 10:50pm On Sep 30, 2006
carmelily:

elementary, my dear uche2nna.
don't burst a vessel. sanity, like sobriety, is relative in my book. grin
and anyways,i admit i'm insane, no big deal. but if i was the pope, hmmmmm, don't let me answer u.

Wateva Carmelily!
All I am saying is that you shd stop casting aspersions on the state of the pope.Na u give am the drink wey him drink grin grin grin
Bdw we shd more worried about the violent streak that is enveloping the whole world and we all know who the protagonist are.
Re: Comments By Pope Benedict XVI Annoy Muslims by Uche2nna(m): 10:52pm On Sep 30, 2006
And please do not bring in the classical my church is better than yours line into this.This thread should be above that!
Re: Comments By Pope Benedict XVI Annoy Muslims by MP007(m): 7:05am On Apr 20, 2007
why did he apologise, thats why i like john paul the second .am not a big fan of catholics but the late pope john paul really influenced me , we need to realise that other religion dont have to be tolerate or scared of islam, its like everybody is watching what they say abt islam9we dont wanna get them mad) , thats scrap, so much for being the religion of peace, if u think am lying , post some scrap abt islam and see the response,
Re: Comments By Pope Benedict XVI Annoy Muslims by Roadblock: 1:59pm On May 14, 2007
Re: Comments By Pope Benedict XVI Annoy Muslims by MP007(m): 12:20pm On Jun 24, 2007
lord have mercy
Re: Comments By Pope Benedict XVI Annoy Muslims by Nobody: 10:55pm On Sep 17, 2012
Re: Comments By Pope Benedict XVI Annoy Muslims by mobi5592: 2:33am On Sep 18, 2012
olabowale: @Tom; thanks for starting this thread. Now about the pope, he has no fault. The pope has a golde foot in his mouth. If the pope were to be honest, he would have ststed the response of the Persian who argued with the Emperor.

God is wonderful. He destroyed the empire of the evil Emperor. Today, it is an islamic state of turkey.

Now, what did Muhammad (AS) brought. First Muhammad was an iconoclast. The destoyed all icons in the sense that before his movement, the people were of the believe of Multiple gods. The Arabs were worshipping one god per day.  The christians are in their triun concept. However brought the Universal concept of the Oneness of God. This concept, not only that it is true, but it appeal to the sense of reasoning in all Human beings.

In so doing, what Muhammad (AS) stated that God Almighty revealed to him was collected into a separate Book known as Qur'an. This is separated and different from what Muhammad (AS) said or did or permitted.

Muhammad encouraged education so much that he declared that one is to seek knowledge even if one were to travel to China. this was from a man in the desert of Arabia. As a result of this, Muslims under the Instruction of muhammad gain notoriarity and educated the whole world and indeed Europe for a long time.

As per the unity of god, it became acceptable that god is one and universal. Further there was a system developed in worship to include regiments of prayers and other responsibilities. part of this responsibilities include voluntary and compulsary charities.

The annual hajj and seasonal Umrah is pre United nations' citizens of the world's gatherings. In this meeting in Makka and madina, the Muslims close ranks, whereby there were no barriers as regarding to wealth, family positions, educations, age and other artificial classifications, inclusing sex.

Women are given same roles as regards to their responsibilities to God. Women were no more looked upon as  properties, instead they became property owners. some of them become wealthier than their husbands whereof they were given charity to these men.

Under muhammad and his followers Europe under the civilizations of the moors of north african blacks, from their posts in Andallusia and other locations in Spain, europe was cultured, civilized and educated for over 7 centuaries.

All branches of science, like both branches of Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Geology, Geophysics, Medicine, and others. The concept of Zero in math and other mathematical  concepts, including the numbers are also from Islam.

No one should forget the University of Timbuktu in mali. This University educated Europe even as far as Rome, the seat of papacy. Timbuktu excelled in all fields of education. Today, the treasure remaining in this repository is around a million, waiting for africa and proper fundings to put it in its proper place within the worlds of academics.

University of Al azhar in Cairo Egypt was formed based on Islamic academics. This university gave birth in its curriculums, matriculations and convocations, rituals even as to the gowns and caps/tassels, it is this University that all others around the world, to include Harvard, MIT, Cambrige, Oxford and other models there essence upon.

If Muhammad (AS) were to be available, all the Osu caste system in Igbo land of my beloved Nigeria will have been eradicated by the practising of Brotherly love and equality among all human being. Unfortunately, in all the centuaries that Christianity, espectially catholic brand of it has embedded itself in this group of nigerians, it has not been able to eliminate this classification known as caste system.

In time, when islam begins to make real inroad in that tribe, the people living then will see an elimination of this evil practise.

What did Muhammad bring; love, mercy and a way to truly ask for the forgiveness of god in true worship.

i will wait for others to put in their opinion before I respond further about the man known as Muhammad (AS).

I find it even hard replying to your senseless post. Everything you said is just twisted and directly contradictory. if you are a muslim, maybe you should try and open your eyes while you do a thorough rsearch on mohammed
Re: Comments By Pope Benedict XVI Annoy Muslims by mobi5592: 2:58am On Sep 18, 2012
Aggressa: @Olabowale et al:
It is very unfortunate how a discussion that should have been a pure intellectual exercise has turned rather distasteful, with exchange of nasty words. I tried to recap how it all started by reading through again from the beginning and I saw it was due to our all-knowing muslim 'friend' who will rather attack and educate the world (albeit ignorantly) on Jesus Christ and christianity at any given opportunity rather than discuss issues about their religion. It reminded me of one of the leading ignorant figures in islam today- a certain gentleman call Hamed Didat of South Africa. This man's own ministry is to attempt to discredit bible, Jesus and christianity like many of our discussant on this forum. He was very popular with our muslim students in my undergraduate days at OAU Ife but eventually they always end up more confused because  Christ is using the 'foolish things of the world to confound the worldly-wise like them'. Anyway, this could probably be my last post on this topic but I will like to go by informing everybody, christian and muslims, of a common false reference. We do not serve the same God. Our God, Jehovah, Yahweh, the Alpha and Omega who came doww to earth to redeem us from our sins as Jesus the Christ, is not the same as allah.

(1) Why do muslim face the east to pray? they say they are facing mecca!!, but even muslims in far east still face east (ideally they should face west if they want to face mecca; and the ones in north pole and south pole should face maybe south-east and north-east respectively if they want to face mecca) But they all face east all over the world- it is not that they are facing mecca but rather worshipping the sun. Read Ezekiel Chapter 8 vs 14 to 17.[i][/i]
(2) Why is the islamic symbols the crescent (half moon) and a star? (3) why do muslims always wait for the appearance of moon before they can start or end their so called ramadan at this time and age of 21st century? The reason is because their's is an idolatrous religion that worship the consterllations, i.e the sun, the moon and the stars, no wonder the constant urge to violence and shedding of blood, because sacrifice must be made to their master in "hades". All this takes a deeper spiritual understanding and we must continue to pray for the salvation of their souls and continue to bombard your neighbouhood, Europe, Nigeria, Africa, the middle east etc with gospel of Jesus through satellite TV, missionary works, evangelism and charity etc. Their souls are still precious to God and we must take the gospel of Jesus to them. Pray for your muslim friends, for their eyes which has been blinded from knowledge of truth by the rulers of darkness of this world to open. Remember, JEHOVAH is NOT allah!! don't be deceived!!. Remember he is a jealous God, and we must have no other God beside him; this also means don't call Him by a name that is not His, or think He is who he is not. Pray for the peace of Jerusalem! Shalom

Shalom brother. we must continue to pray for the peace of the faithfuls in Jerusalem. If anybody is to gain anything from this post, it's that no man should make the mistake of thinking that Christians and Muslims serve the same God.

And just like Christ commanded we must continue to pray for them and also reach out to them with the message of the Gospel of truth.
Re: Comments By Pope Benedict XVI Annoy Muslims by mobi5592: 3:36am On Sep 18, 2012
Piddo: SORRY TO POST THIS AGAIN, BUT CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP OUT HERE!!!

I would want to believe the Quran (spelling?), has quotable chapters and verses like the bible does. Dont you all think it would make an interesting task to specify the location of these "Muhammad sayings" so we can have our muslim brothers clarify for us?

I would specifically love to know exactly where Muhammad asked to spread the word by the sword and then have a muslim brother defend the statement.

The Koran's 164 Jihad Verses
Excerpt K 2:178-179
Set 1, Count 1+2 [2.178]...retaliation is prescribed for you in the matter of the slain... [2.179] ...there is life for you in (the law of) retaliation, O men of understanding, that you may guard yourselves.

Excerpt K 2:190-191
Set 2, Count 3+4 [2.190] ...fight in the way of Allah with those who fight with you...[2.191] And kill them wherever you find them, and drive them out from whence they drove you out, and persecution is severer than slaughter, and do not fight with them at the Sacred Mosque until they fight with you in it, but if they do fight you, then slay them; such is the recompense of the unbelievers.

Excerpt K 2:193-194
Set 3, Count 5+6 [193]...fight with them...[194]...whoever then acts aggressively against you, inflict injury on him according to the injury he has inflicted on you...

Excerpt K 2:216-218
Set 4, Count 7-9 [2.216] Fighting is enjoined on you...[2.217]... fighting in it. Say: Fighting in it is a grave matter...persecution is graver than slaughter... [2.218]...strove hard in the way of Allah...

Excerpt K 2:244
Set 5, Count 10 ...fight in the way of Allah

Excerpt K 3:121-126
Set 6, Count 11-16 [3.121]...to lodge the believers in encampments for war...[3.122] When two parties from among you had determined that they should show cowardice [about Jihad]...[3.123]...Allah did certainly assist you at [the Battle of] Badr...[3.124]...[3.125] Yea! if you remain patient and are on your guard, and they come upon you in a headlong manner, your Lord will assist you with five thousand of the havoc-making angels. [3.126] ...victory is only from Allah...

Excerpt K 3:140-143
Set 7, Count 17-20 [3.140] If a wound has afflicted you (at [the Battle of] Uhud), a wound like it has also afflicted the (unbelieving) people; and We bring these days to men by turns, and that Allah may know those who believe and take witnesses from among you...[3.141] ...that He [Allah] may purge those who believe and deprive the unbelievers of blessings. [3.142] Yusuf Ali: Did ye think that ye would enter Heaven without God testing those of you who fought hard (in His Cause) and remained steadfast? [3.143] Pickthall: And verily ye used to wish for death before ye met it (in the field). Now ye have seen it [death] with your eyes!

you can see the whole 169 violent verses in the quran here: http://www.answering-islam.org/Quran/Themes/jihad_passages.html

here is a verse that stands out:

Excerpt K 3:152-158
Set 9, Count 22-28 [3.152]...you slew them by His [Allah's] permission [during a Jihad battle]...[3.153] Pickthall: ...the messenger, in your rear, was calling you (to fight)...that which ye missed [war spoils]...[3.154]...They say: Had we any hand in the affair, we would not have been slain here [in a Jihad battle]. Say: Had you remained in your houses, those for whom slaughter was ordained [in a Jihad battle] would certainly have gone forth to the places where they would be slain...[3.155] (As for) those of you who turned back on the day when the two armies met...[3.156] O you who believe! be not like those who disbelieve and say of their brethren when they travel in the earth or engage in fighting: Had they been with us, they would not have died and they would not have been slain...[3.157]...if you are slain in the way of Allah...mercy is better than what they amass [what those who stay home from Jihad receive – no booty on earth and no perks in heaven]. [3.158] …if indeed you die or you are slain, certainly to Allah shall you be gathered together.

After reading this, I want you muslims to compare Muhammed with Jesus Christ' message of "If a man spanks you at one cheek, turn the other for him." where is the bases for for comparison between Mohammed and Jesus. They are world apart.

Do you still blame the jihadist or the terrorist for his violent responses to issues. you only do that being ignorant of what the quran teaches.
Re: Comments By Pope Benedict XVI Annoy Muslims by mobi5592: 4:11am On Sep 18, 2012
vanariso: Helo B/sliders

I will advocate u read my submission b4 urs once again and see my advocacy.I think we should build better communication and interpersonal relations to solve these problems.

Many christians say "love ur neigbhouras u love urself"One of the ten commandments that Jesus told a man He must keep if he wants eternity--aljanat ---paradise

.Mohammed (SAW) says "The angel jibreel--Gabriel --kept advocating me on loving my neigbhour as i love myself to the extent I thought he will come one day and say my neigbhour is entitled to part of my inheritants.

This tells us both religion preaches peace.Mohammed (SAW) describe ur neigbhour as anyone 700 meteres on ur left,right,back and front.Dont u see every body is ur neigbhour?

U re stereotyping and all ur ascertions are without statistical backings and tantamount to voids.
If u say ISLAM=TERROR (astagfurulahi),Then u re saying about 60% of the world human populace are terrorist.Cant u see u re wrong.Every rational being can deduce u re wrong.Please get knowledgeable about Islam b4 u speak. Its a peaceful & honest way of comparative religion dialogue.

Muslims do not compel people to convert as this is totally against the faith's tenets and the word of Allah--Al-quran.It happened to Mohammed (SAW) as his uncle was dieing on a sick bed as a pagan and so also was Noah's son case and Lot's wife.

May Allah guide u to the right path if He so wishes.

It beats my imagination when muslims claim that islam doesn't compel people to convert to the faith simply because a line in the quran seems to say so. Now, that's the deciet in islam: it says one thing and does the direct opposite.

The prophet commanded his soldiers to capture the infidels and if anyone refuses to convert, he/she should face the sword or pay tax to the prophet...Jesus would never do that.

And talking about inter-religion dialog with muslims, it an utter waste of time. Jesus never did such with the Jews, instead he continued piercing their hearth with the word. That's the work every christain is commited to. Some Muslims will hear that word of the gospel and believe.
Re: Comments By Pope Benedict XVI Annoy Muslims by atrix4g(m): 7:29am On Sep 18, 2012
dearzi: Olabowale

Please, there's nothing new we want to know about Mohammed! we've read, seen, heard most of it, if not all of it.

People would refer to the violent nature of the church at one point in time, but that was then, and this is now! the concept of Christianity hias no violence at all, we don't preach any form of Jihad, nothing.

Mohammed brought a way of mercy and true forgiveness? true worship?? you're joking right? what is true worship? please educate me on that. If by reciting some arabic words 5 times a day it becomes true worship, then God is really not out to have a relationship with us, He is simply seeking morons. Now, this is not to say muslims are morons, before you guys will come and declare Jihad on me, abeg i no fit fight! the God i know seeks to have a relationship with man, He seeks to know what you're truly thinking and feeling. He's not interested in your recitals, He's interested in who you are and what makes you tick. That's the God i know, and that's why i won't buy the story of true worship.

Ehm! what civilization did Mohmammed bring o? i don't think Islam understands the concept of love at all, please, don't come and give us doctrine here. Mohammed is not here, but his followers are! why can't they practise what he was about or believed? they can't because it wasn't who he was. "The fruit never falls far from the tree."
bro im sorry dnt know wat to say to xpress ma deed illplease dan to say u re retarded in all spheres of life. Wit all uve written now den xtianity nd islam re totally rubbish
Re: Comments By Pope Benedict XVI Annoy Muslims by atrix4g(m): 7:31am On Sep 18, 2012
mobi5592:

It beats my imagination when muslims claim that islam doesn't compel people to convert to the faith simply because a line in the quran seems to say so. Now, that's the deciet in islam: it says one thing and does the direct opposite.

The prophet commanded his soldiers to cujapture the infidels and if anyone refuses to convert, he/she should face the sword or pay tax to the prophet...Jesus would never do that.

And talking about inter-religion dialog with muslims, it an utter waste of time. Jesus never did such with the Jews, instead he continued piercing their hearth with the word. That's the work every christain is commited to. Some Muslims will hear that word of the gospel and believe.
Pls ur reference
Re: Comments By Pope Benedict XVI Annoy Muslims by atrix4g(m): 7:38am On Sep 18, 2012
mobi5592:
kai see ignorance of d highest order

Shalom brother. we must continue to pray for the peace of the faithfuls in Jerusalem. If anybody is to gain anything from this post, it's that no man should make the mistake of thinking that Christians and Muslims serve the same God.

And just like Christ commanded we must continue to pray for them and also reach out to them with the message of the Gospel of truth.
Re: Comments By Pope Benedict XVI Annoy Muslims by PROVENSOLUTION: 1:10pm On Dec 26, 2013
All I know, any religion, philosophy or doctrine. That is bent on turning people to lions (devourers of each other, instead of keepers of each other). must not be from God (The father/creator of all).

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How God Came Into Existence. / Terrified By Bats: Please Advice Me / Which is the Best Posture to take when we worship God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.