Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,365 members, 7,815,779 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

Do NOT Marry Someone Until You Can Honestly Answer These 20 Questions: - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do NOT Marry Someone Until You Can Honestly Answer These 20 Questions: (64616 Views)

Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? / Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. / Don't Get Married Till You Can Honestly Answer These (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do NOT Marry Someone Until You Can Honestly Answer These 20 Questions: by leftyansh: 5:56pm On Jun 04, 2015
6ty6ix:

after u

lol... First page no be beans even for lala thread
Re: Do NOT Marry Someone Until You Can Honestly Answer These 20 Questions: by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jun 04, 2015
Intelligence and Temperament... Are they what you want.
Re: Do NOT Marry Someone Until You Can Honestly Answer These 20 Questions: by Tex42(m): 6:00pm On Jun 04, 2015
If you have to answer this 'dragnet aptitude test questions' b4 you get married it means that some people will never make it through the premarital phase talk more of the marital...

Anyhow Sha marriage no be beans.
Re: Do NOT Marry Someone Until You Can Honestly Answer These 20 Questions: by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jun 04, 2015
The problem with young ladies-particularly nigerian women- is that they don't know what they want. That a young lady fronted my advances towards her with the excuse that i was too calm n gentle still beats my imagination.
Re: Do NOT Marry Someone Until You Can Honestly Answer These 20 Questions: by Kc3000: 6:08pm On Jun 04, 2015
At some point, you've just got to make the commitment and be prepared to work to make the marriage successful. However, some red flags can't be ignored, and the mission must be aborted.
Re: Do NOT Marry Someone Until You Can Honestly Answer These 20 Questions: by Giitheon(m): 6:08pm On Jun 04, 2015
leftyansh:

Repent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Do NOT Marry Someone Until You Can Honestly Answer These 20 Questions: by papercoin(m): 6:09pm On Jun 04, 2015
lurlah2014:
1. Is for better or worse making me better or worse?

Ans: better

Does your partner encourage you to be your best self, or does he or she get intimidated by any triumphs and feel more secure when you're not putting your best foot forward?

2. Do we really accept one another?

Ans: yes

There will always be things you want to change about the people in your life, but no one should be in a situation where they feel they aren't allowed to be authentic and accepted as the unique, special (yet flawed) person they are.

3. Who am I?

Ans: 50yards hubby material(1 or each marital year)

How can you know if your partner is a good match if you have no idea who you are?

4. Am I happy to be in this relationship?

Ans: I'm happy BUT is she happy(hope you know that aint my juridiction)

The idea of sharing a life together is not to find someone to complete you or make you happy. But let's face it: being unhappy at home can seep into other areas of your life . . . and fast. If you're always fighting or just generally not feeling great about your twosome, it doesn't mean you have to bail out (counseling might be a good option) but marrying someone in the hope that it changes things is a bad, bad idea.

5. Am I feeling trapped?

Ans:nO(I ever feel trapped "divorce for sure"wink

Do you really want to be in this relationship the majority of the time or do you find yourself wishing for a way out? Do you stay because you've invested time or are you really invested in your mate?

6. What am I doing to hold us back?

Ans: FBI kinda investigation not to make the wron choice

Maybe you could be more attentive, more thoughtful, quicker to let things go, or the first to bring up going to counseling. Whatever it is, take this as your sign to step up.

7. Is this relationship balanced?

Ans: yes(if it not I wouldn't be thinking about marraige)

Do you feel you're both on the same page in terms of compromise, care, support and sacrifice? Or is one of you doing most of the giving while the other just sits with their hand out?

8. Can we have fun together?

Ans:yes that why I'm takking a step further

Have you ever seen two people sit across from one another in silence at brunch as though they are being forced to walk through their day together? Not. fun.

9. Can we have fun apart?

Ans:yes (but better fun 2geda)

Co-dependency ain't cute, y'all.

10. Why am I in this relationship?

Ans: I LIKE her (love is a scam word don't blame me xperience tot me dat)

Is it because you respect, love, trust, and value the person you are with? Or because you're afraid of being alone, worried about finances, or have built a life you're scared to leave?

11. Where is this going?

Ans: shoo marraige nah where else

Living in the "now" is great, but eventually the partnership will need a plan or someone will begin to feel anxious.

12. Do I really trust my partner?

Ans:yes 51% on a scale o 100

For some, the immediate response to this can be devastating. If you're one of them, it's time to ask why and how you can begin to build or rebuild trust. Without it, there's no chance.

13. Am I with a good person?

Ans: no (I'm with a better person God is best)

Knowing what you know about your partner today, would you vouch for them if they were a friend?

14. Am I attracted to my partner?

Ans yes(that why konji no gree me rest)

Physical attraction is hardly the most important component in a relationship, but forcing yourself to be in a relationship with someone who you're not attracted to — just because it's comfortable or "perfect on paper" isn't fair to anyone. You will feel resentful and they will feel rejected.

15. Am I a parent or a partner?

Ans: partner (but she has would answer this better)

Taking care of someone you love is a great thing to do, but when you feel like you're raising a boyfriend — or worse, a husband — things get a little complicated. You'll resent his childish ways. Who wants to sleep with their mom?

16. Does my partner have my back?

Ans:yes (and If wrong I would correct her BUT in secret)but don't look or touble or me with batita and expect me to have ya back OYO

Do you feel like you're a part of a loyal team who stands up for one another, supports one another, and shows a united front (even when the other is not around)? Or, do you feel like you're constantly being thrown under the bus by your mate?

17. Are we looking in the same direction?

Ans:religion(same),marraige(tilldeath until she f-up divorce),babies(just 1)

Some couples avoid having the big talks (religion, marriage, babies) because they think that, somehow, these things will just "work themselves out." By the time they realize they won't, they're in a complicated, painful situation that leaves one (or both) feeling a little bit duped.

18. Are we growing together?

Ans:yes

Being a human being living on this earth, we all have a right to grow and develop, and create a full life for ourselves. Are you and your partner still indulging in your passions (individual and shared) and growing as individuals?

19. Am I still me?

Ans:yes(the only thing constant is change)even a better me @ dat

Being in love with someone should not require changing our identity to fit someone else's idea of who we should be, on any level.

20. What is my gut telling me?

Ans:GO son you're on track(thank god you heed my consel and ditched that ex o youyrs)
You have intuition for a reason. Listen to yourself.

http://citifmonline.com/2015/05/29/dont-marry-someone-until-you-can-honestly-answer-these-20-qs/
Re: Do NOT Marry Someone Until You Can Honestly Answer These 20 Questions: by lazsnaira(m): 6:14pm On Jun 04, 2015
Lol
Only about 5 are relevant!
Good try!

Then of course no one can attend them all and be married

Except of course you're talking about perfect marriage
In which you have ta mold ya own partner like god.
Re: Do NOT Marry Someone Until You Can Honestly Answer These 20 Questions: by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jun 04, 2015
jamex93:

if u are getting set for marriage go ahead and stop disturbing my comment

And since you are not getting ready for marriage, do not comment on a marriage site.

Sayonara.
Re: Do NOT Marry Someone Until You Can Honestly Answer These 20 Questions: by jamex93(m): 6:19pm On Jun 04, 2015
bushdoc9919:

And since you are not getting ready for marriage, do not comment on a marriage site.

Sayonara.

hahahahahahaha

NL don turn marriage site oo

lwkmd
Re: Do NOT Marry Someone Until You Can Honestly Answer These 20 Questions: by nnekasexy73(f): 6:25pm On Jun 04, 2015
this one nah jamb rules and regulations
Re: Do NOT Marry Someone Until You Can Honestly Answer These 20 Questions: by 1miccza: 6:32pm On Jun 04, 2015
So wonderful Op you're da best!!!!
Re: Do NOT Marry Someone Until You Can Honestly Answer These 20 Questions: by 1miccza: 6:37pm On Jun 04, 2015
Only a matured individual who is ripe for marriage would understand what these questions mean in a relationship the length of the write up isn't really that relevant
Re: Do NOT Marry Someone Until You Can Honestly Answer These 20 Questions: by Neplusultra(f): 6:37pm On Jun 04, 2015
All dese questions? Indeed!!! undecided Person wey wan marry you go marry you abeg! cheesy
Re: Do NOT Marry Someone Until You Can Honestly Answer These 20 Questions: by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jun 04, 2015
misssclassy:

You forgot to add the link.

http://citifmonline.com/2015/05/29/dont-marry-someone-until-you-can-honestly-answer-these-20-qs/

At least people will know that you were not the one that wrote it.

Lol! Pure plagiarism my bro. Great correction.
But Even if you answer all these ,its no guarantee to having a good union.
The Best guarantee is seeking God in your life pattern affair. Listen to his choice for u. Don't work by sight .
Re: Do NOT Marry Someone Until You Can Honestly Answer These 20 Questions: by Dennisana(m): 6:42pm On Jun 04, 2015
jamex93:
u don set jamb question b4 ni

F.T.C
cool cool
......very funny
Re: Do NOT Marry Someone Until You Can Honestly Answer These 20 Questions: by jamex93(m): 6:44pm On Jun 04, 2015
Dennisana:
......very funny

na so e b
Re: Do NOT Marry Someone Until You Can Honestly Answer These 20 Questions: by mavelo: 6:52pm On Jun 04, 2015
Point 12 12 12, Hmmmm! Dats all I cud say.
Re: Do NOT Marry Someone Until You Can Honestly Answer These 20 Questions: by skyps(m): 6:52pm On Jun 04, 2015
These are what people use to scare young ones away from getting married. Please ask your parents if they answer all these questions before they got married
Re: Do NOT Marry Someone Until You Can Honestly Answer These 20 Questions: by uncleFola(m): 6:53pm On Jun 04, 2015
Nazo
Re: Do NOT Marry Someone Until You Can Honestly Answer These 20 Questions: by Gorimakpa1: 7:21pm On Jun 04, 2015
xdunamis:
This is synonycal, a blatant uncopartmentalised dissma pissma. Marriage is not an institution stop institutionalising it. Wedlock success gat no prerequisite, you either hit or miss. Stop spreading devanistratic and defenestotic advice with no verifiable proof of certainty. Marriage is chameleondox, there's no sure path to success.
kawai chai chai this oblongated grammer you are blowing... diariz god oooo......this lingua is not of this world grin grin
Re: Do NOT Marry Someone Until You Can Honestly Answer These 20 Questions: by boxypane(m): 7:22pm On Jun 04, 2015
misssclassy:

But he gave the house a Vital info.
Re: Do NOT Marry Someone Until You Can Honestly Answer These 20 Questions: by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jun 04, 2015
Dollyak:
Op won't marry any time soon shocked. On a more serious note, majority of these questions are intuitive anyways.
Innocent looking babe. Nice pix
Re: Do NOT Marry Someone Until You Can Honestly Answer These 20 Questions: by LastProphet: 7:29pm On Jun 04, 2015
lurlah2014:

Does your partner encourage you to be your best self, or does he or she get intimidated by any triumphs and feel more secure when you're not putting your best foot forward?

There will always be things you want to change about the people in your life, but no one should be in a situation where they feel they aren't allowed to be authentic and accepted as the unique, special (yet flawed) person they are.

3. Who am I?

How can you know if your partner is a good match if you have no idea who you are?

The idea of sharing a life together is not to find someone to complete you or make you happy. But let's face it: being unhappy at home can seep into other areas of your life . . . and fast. If you're always fighting or just generally not feeling great about your twosome, it doesn't mean you have to bail out (counseling might be a good option) but marrying someone in the hope that it changes things is a bad, bad idea.

5. Am I feeling trapped?

Do you really want to be in this relationship the majority of the time or do you find yourself wishing for a way out? Do you stay because you've invested time or are you really invested in your mate?

Maybe you could be more attentive, more thoughtful, quicker to let things go, or the first to bring up going to counseling. Whatever it is, take this as your sign to step up.

Do you feel you're both on the same page in terms of compromise, care, support and sacrifice? Or is one of you doing most of the giving while the other just sits with their hand out?

Have you ever seen two people sit across from one another in silence at brunch as though they are being forced to walk through their day together? Not. fun.

Is it because you respect, love, trust, and value the person you are with? Or because you're afraid of being alone, worried about finances, or have built a life you're scared to leave?

11. Where is this going?

Living in the "now" is great, but eventually the partnership will need a plan or someone will begin to feel anxious.

For some, the immediate response to this can be devastating. If you're one of them, it's time to ask why and how you can begin to build or rebuild trust. Without it, there's no chance.

Knowing what you know about your partner today, would you vouch for them if they were a friend?

Physical attraction is hardly the most important component in a relationship, but forcing yourself to be in a relationship with someone who you're not attracted to — just because it's comfortable or "perfect on paper" isn't fair to anyone. You will feel resentful and they will feel rejected.

Taking care of someone you love is a great thing to do, but when you feel like you're raising a boyfriend — or worse, a husband — things get a little complicated. You'll resent his childish ways. Who wants to sleep with their mom?

Do you feel like you're a part of a loyal team who stands up for one another, supports one another, and shows a united front (even when the other is not around)? Or, do you feel like you're constantly being thrown under the bus by your mate?

Some couples avoid having the big talks (religion, marriage, babies) because they think that, somehow, these things will just "work themselves out." By the time they realize they won't, they're in a complicated, painful situation that leaves one (or both) feeling a little bit duped.

Being a human being living on this earth, we all have a right to grow and develop, and create a full life for ourselves. Are you and your partner still indulging in your passions (individual and shared) and growing as individuals?

19. Am I still me?

Being in love with someone should not require changing our identity to fit someone else's idea of who we should be, on any level.

this is a very matured piece, carry

1 Like

Re: Do NOT Marry Someone Until You Can Honestly Answer These 20 Questions: by STEVENcrack(m): 7:32pm On Jun 04, 2015
The most important question is that is she a CHRITIAN.. A real one
Re: Do NOT Marry Someone Until You Can Honestly Answer These 20 Questions: by daniel56(m): 7:34pm On Jun 04, 2015
Lolz lovely
Re: Do NOT Marry Someone Until You Can Honestly Answer These 20 Questions: by mohisi: 7:48pm On Jun 04, 2015
lurlah2014:

3. Who am I?

5. Am I feeling trapped?

11. Where is this going?

19. Am I still me?

nonsense
Re: Do NOT Marry Someone Until You Can Honestly Answer These 20 Questions: by temmarbaba(m): 7:54pm On Jun 04, 2015
Story
Re: Do NOT Marry Someone Until You Can Honestly Answer These 20 Questions: by Ethereal0110(f): 7:55pm On Jun 04, 2015
I lurve dis..
Re: Do NOT Marry Someone Until You Can Honestly Answer These 20 Questions: by Neddyogu(m): 8:02pm On Jun 04, 2015
misssclassy:

Jerez u dey harsh ooo. Aswear!!!
Re: Do NOT Marry Someone Until You Can Honestly Answer These 20 Questions: by Neddyogu(m): 8:02pm On Jun 04, 2015
misssclassy:

Jeez u dey harsh ooo. Aswear!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Caught My Fiancée Cheating / My Experience With A Lady I Intend To Settle Down With / Lady Rejects Man’s Marriage Proposal After Giving Her A Kidney

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.