Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,871 members, 7,828,105 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

How To Tell Difference Between Love And Infatuation - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Tell Difference Between Love And Infatuation (562 Views)

The Difference Between Love And Infatuation / I Call It Emotional Trauma And Infatuation / Is Love Sex! The Difference Between Love Making And Sex. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Tell Difference Between Love And Infatuation by cellors: 8:31am On Jun 05, 2015
Many people, in search of true love have confused and mis-interpreted it to be another thing. And in search of this true love, they set themselves up for heart-aches, disappointments and tragic miscalculations because they lack understanding of what love is in the actual sense. This week, we will seek to put love in the proper perspective.

What is love? The first thing I would like us to understand is that love is stronger and really goes beyond our feelings. As a matter of fact, any form of love that starts and stops at the level of your feeling is not sustainable. Real love is when the happiness, health and spiritual growth of another person is as important to us as ours. In other words, it is a concern for the welfare of someone without any desire to control that person or demand for it in return. It is simply sacrifice!

Love is not the same as lust. Lust is a strong or uncontrolled desire for sex. It is based solely on physical attraction and fantasies which mostly dissipates once the real person shows off because at the initial stage, it’s all a perfect and a no-wrong individual you were seeing. Lust takes but love gives; lust uses but love values; lust seeks immediate gratification but love endures.

There are three forms of love I would want to mention before we discuss love and infatuation. This will aid our knowledge of love and infatuation better.
1.Love if…

This kind of love is given or received when certain conditions are met. This means you must do something to be able to earn this type of love which would be in exchange for what the lover wants. It has strings attached and a lot of effort goes into it to be able to sustain it. For example, this type of love in the subconscious says things like; if you dress well, I will love you; I will love you, if you have sex with me; If you behave in a particular manner, I will love you etc. Are you familiar with any of these lines?

PLEASE CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO CONTINUE READING
http://expressng.com/2015/06/how-to-tell-difference-between-love-and-infatuation-by-toyin-idowu/

1 Like

Re: How To Tell Difference Between Love And Infatuation by Aminat508(f): 8:32am On Jun 05, 2015
Hmmmm Love kiss kiss
Re: How To Tell Difference Between Love And Infatuation by IamLEGEND1: 8:33am On Jun 05, 2015
who cares wat the diff is?
. ..

if i get to knack........

i'm content
Re: How To Tell Difference Between Love And Infatuation by agarawu23(m): 8:35am On Jun 05, 2015
its good to be loved and to fall in love cheesy

your infatuation should remain on the link grin
Re: How To Tell Difference Between Love And Infatuation by rawtouch: 8:39am On Jun 05, 2015
At the end of the day some1 is thinking of some1
Re: How To Tell Difference Between Love And Infatuation by tociano009(m): 8:54am On Jun 05, 2015
Not really
Re: How To Tell Difference Between Love And Infatuation by wenson(m): 8:58am On Jun 05, 2015
Infatuation!

(1) (Reply)

10 Ways Ladies Act To Avoid S3x When They Visit Guys / Opinions: Does It Feel Right For Your Close Friend To Date Or Marry Your Ex Girl / Nathan Collier: Montana Man Inspired By Same-sex Marriage Ruling Requests Right

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.