Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,133 members, 7,829,042 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

Are You In Love With A Player? A Psychologist's Guide To Bad Boys - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are You In Love With A Player? A Psychologist's Guide To Bad Boys (1807 Views)

Nigerian Lady Travels To US For A Break, But Falls In Love With A Lebanese Guy / Why Women Can't Resist Bad Boys / Scientific Study Proves That Masturbation Is Linked To Bad Luck (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You In Love With A Player? A Psychologist's Guide To Bad Boys by newsdey(m): 11:26pm On Jun 05, 2015
When you first met him, you thought he was a dream come true, your "one and only." He was charming, caring and so sensitive, he'd watch an entire Lifetime movie with you without once grabbing the remote.

But by the third or fourth date, everything stared to change. First the changes were subtle, and then more dramatic. Mr. Right became a predator, a player, a manipulator. Why didn’t you see it coming? Maybe your girlfriends saw it before you did. Were you blinded by his sex appeal?

Here are a few warning signs, some red flags you should never overlook.

* Red Flag: He’s narcissistic, loves admiration, convinced he’s the center of the universe. Does he talk about himself constantly? Does he seemed bored/disinterested in other people’s comments? Does he crave admiration the way a vampire craves blood?

*Red Flag: He plays loose and fast with the truth. In other words, he lies. Little white lies, fibs and whoppers. And the strange thing is, he lies even when it’s not necessary. He likes to exaggerate, embellish, make every story “bigger” than it has to be. Have you caught him him in a little white lie? Most players are “practiced liars.” They look you right in the eye when lying, with no tell-tale body language.

*Red Flag: He’s a control freak. His concern about your every thought, every movement seems charming at first, but it’s a bad sign. After a while this 24/7 scrutiny sends up warning signals in your head.

*Red Flag: He can be moody and unpredictable. His moods go up and down and he is inconsistent. He can fly into a rage one minute, and then suddenly switch gears and turn on the charm.

*Red Flag
: He is impatient, abrupt, with a low tolerance for frustration. The tiniest thing can set him off–a slow driver, a careless waitress, a cold dinner.

*Red Flag: He fails to plan ahead and shows poor judgment. Maybe he invites you to a romantic dinner at a lakeside lodge. But he forgets the lodge is closed that month, and there’s nowhere else to stay in a fifty mile radius. You could camp out, but he forgot about the mosquitoes. You get the idea!

*Red Flag: He never admits guilt, never apologizes and blames others. As far as he is concerned, he is never in the wrong–never!

*Red Flag: He is manipulative. For example, he uses “grooming behaviors” to convince you to do something you really don't want to do. By getting you to agree to small things, he eventually pushes his demands and you find yourself caught up in a situation that is not of your choosing. Sales people call this the “foot-in-the-door” technique. The idea is to get the mark to say “yes” to something small and inconsequential, and then she will agree on larger issues.

Don't ignore these red flags. The time to bail is when you spot the first one. This is a player, a guy to avoid at all costs.

I tend to teach whenever I get an oppotunity visit my website http://newsdey.com grin grin grin shocked shocked

if you get to learn or gain from this comment below
cc:- lalasticlala
Re: Are You In Love With A Player? A Psychologist's Guide To Bad Boys by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jun 05, 2015
Ftc cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Are You In Love With A Player? A Psychologist's Guide To Bad Boys by iceberylin(m): 11:30pm On Jun 05, 2015
The only guard you need is God...
Re: Are You In Love With A Player? A Psychologist's Guide To Bad Boys by Nobody: 11:34pm On Jun 05, 2015
Oya,,make we dey play they go nahh,,,, girls like ten-ten sha.grin
Re: Are You In Love With A Player? A Psychologist's Guide To Bad Boys by newsdey(m): 11:34pm On Jun 05, 2015
But if God will be your Guide you still have to guide you self.. Heaven helps those who helps themselves.

CC: lalasticlala
Re: Are You In Love With A Player? A Psychologist's Guide To Bad Boys by newsdey(m): 11:37pm On Jun 05, 2015
KiidaACE:
Oya,,make we dey play they go nahh,,,,
girls like ten-ten sha.grin

What of the repercussion
Re: Are You In Love With A Player? A Psychologist's Guide To Bad Boys by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jun 05, 2015
newsdey:

What of the repercussion
till then.
Re: Are You In Love With A Player? A Psychologist's Guide To Bad Boys by newsdey(m): 11:41pm On Jun 05, 2015
KiidaACE:
till then.
U mean it? Are you a player
Re: Are You In Love With A Player? A Psychologist's Guide To Bad Boys by Brugo(m): 11:46pm On Jun 05, 2015
The ladies are not complaining. They love players.
Re: Are You In Love With A Player? A Psychologist's Guide To Bad Boys by daveP(m): 11:47pm On Jun 05, 2015
I do look peeps in the eye when communicating now?

Personally, for the above reason, im not the same level with dbanj(who was and still is) shocked
Re: Are You In Love With A Player? A Psychologist's Guide To Bad Boys by GeneralQuamdeen: 11:48pm On Jun 05, 2015
i just pray Muji didn't read this.. The day she do... The day i'm done actinq
Re: Are You In Love With A Player? A Psychologist's Guide To Bad Boys by newsdey(m): 11:48pm On Jun 05, 2015
Brugo:
The ladies are not complaining. They love players.
How do u know they are not complainig or who tells u that
Re: Are You In Love With A Player? A Psychologist's Guide To Bad Boys by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jun 05, 2015
newsdey:
U mean So are you a player
loool,,,i'm i supposed to answer that
Re: Are You In Love With A Player? A Psychologist's Guide To Bad Boys by newsdey(m): 11:49pm On Jun 05, 2015
GeneralQuamdeen:
i just pray Muji didn't read this.. The day she do... The day i'm done actinq
Now you are afraid of Muji Reading This Abi
Re: Are You In Love With A Player? A Psychologist's Guide To Bad Boys by newsdey(m): 11:49pm On Jun 05, 2015
KiidaACE:
loool,,,i'm i supposed to answer that
You may answer that if you know what category you are
Re: Are You In Love With A Player? A Psychologist's Guide To Bad Boys by MrTeymee(m): 11:50pm On Jun 05, 2015
Err I beg to disagree
Re: Are You In Love With A Player? A Psychologist's Guide To Bad Boys by newsdey(m): 11:52pm On Jun 05, 2015
MrTeymee:
Err I beg to disagree
Disagree in term of what? highlight them Please
Re: Are You In Love With A Player? A Psychologist's Guide To Bad Boys by GeneralQuamdeen: 11:53pm On Jun 05, 2015
newsdey:

Now you are afraid of Muji Reading This Abi
na true o, as if i'm the one the OP used as case study... He describe me when i am in my casanova mode.
Re: Are You In Love With A Player? A Psychologist's Guide To Bad Boys by newsdey(m): 11:54pm On Jun 05, 2015
GeneralQuamdeen:
na true o, as if i'm the one the OP used as case study... He describe me when i am in my casanova mode.

So there are still many player in here
Re: Are You In Love With A Player? A Psychologist's Guide To Bad Boys by Nobody: 11:54pm On Jun 05, 2015
newsdey:

You may answer that if you know what category you are
well,,,ion really know,,to me,, i'm not..i'll just call me an opportunist.
Re: Are You In Love With A Player? A Psychologist's Guide To Bad Boys by newsdey(m): 11:55pm On Jun 05, 2015
KiidaACE:
well,,,ion really know,,to me,, i'm not..i'll just call me an opportunist.
Opportunist in term of what please explain better
Re: Are You In Love With A Player? A Psychologist's Guide To Bad Boys by GeneralQuamdeen: 11:56pm On Jun 05, 2015
newsdey:

So there are still many player in here
i am not a player o... But when a woman wanna have me played... I qladly join in the qame. See my siqnature.
Re: Are You In Love With A Player? A Psychologist's Guide To Bad Boys by newsdey(m): 11:57pm On Jun 05, 2015
GeneralQuamdeen:
i am not a player o... But when a woman wanna have me played... I qladly join in the qame. See my siqnature.
Wow you are not really a player this time around but A coach
Re: Are You In Love With A Player? A Psychologist's Guide To Bad Boys by GeneralQuamdeen: 11:59pm On Jun 05, 2015
newsdey:

Wow you are not really a player this time around but A coach
yes, just the word i'm lookinq for.. That qualifies and modifies a lot thinqs about me
Re: Are You In Love With A Player? A Psychologist's Guide To Bad Boys by MrTeymee(m): 11:59pm On Jun 05, 2015
newsdey:

Disagree in term of what? highlight them Please
Not this nyt bro
Re: Are You In Love With A Player? A Psychologist's Guide To Bad Boys by vislabraye(m): 12:02am On Jun 06, 2015
Ok......nice one. But if CR toasts any babe, she go say no ?
Re: Are You In Love With A Player? A Psychologist's Guide To Bad Boys by Nobody: 12:03am On Jun 06, 2015
newsdey:
Opportunist in term of what please explain better
you won't understand...
Re: Are You In Love With A Player? A Psychologist's Guide To Bad Boys by Nobody: 12:03am On Jun 06, 2015
Catch me if you can tongue tongue
Re: Are You In Love With A Player? A Psychologist's Guide To Bad Boys by newsdey(m): 12:04am On Jun 06, 2015
vislabraye:
Ok......nice one. But if CR toasts any babe, she go say no ?
Come to think of the answer urself if CR toast ur sister what will be ur advise to her
Re: Are You In Love With A Player? A Psychologist's Guide To Bad Boys by newsdey(m): 12:05am On Jun 06, 2015
KiidaACE:
you won't understand...
Try and put it in an understanding way.... For us to gain
Re: Are You In Love With A Player? A Psychologist's Guide To Bad Boys by vislabraye(m): 12:08am On Jun 06, 2015
newsdey:

Come to think of the answer urself if CR toast ur sister what will be ur advise to her

No lets talk about your sisters. Mine are married..
Re: Are You In Love With A Player? A Psychologist's Guide To Bad Boys by newsdey(m): 12:11am On Jun 06, 2015
vislabraye:

No lets talk about your sisters. Mine are married..

Ok what will be your advise then

(1) (2) (Reply)

12 Wrong Things Guys Check Before Marrying A Girl / When Breaking Up Is A Good Thing / GUYS, 15 Signs You Are Dating A Coded Pr0stitute

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.