Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,556 members, 7,816,344 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:55 AM

Ibibio Museum And State Park A Nigerian Contemporary Museum (Photo) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ibibio Museum And State Park A Nigerian Contemporary Museum (Photo) (23004 Views)

Pictures From The Badagry Slave Port And Slavery relics / Heritage Museum. / Woman Dies In A Kano Park While Boarding Bus To Katsina State. Graphic Photos / A Journey Through Decades At Oodua Museum And Hall Of Fame (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibibio Museum And State Park A Nigerian Contemporary Museum (Photo) by pablus: 2:23pm On Jun 06, 2015
he stopped it? why?! pure madness o.
thomasthomas:
Sadly, Akpabio stopped that place to be put to use! The building is complete!
Re: Ibibio Museum And State Park A Nigerian Contemporary Museum (Photo) by buskeske: 2:29pm On Jun 06, 2015
Superstar007:

Udo Udoma Avenue, Uyo.

Thanks! I must take my children to the place
When next we visit Uyo.

ProudlyIbibiowife
Re: Ibibio Museum And State Park A Nigerian Contemporary Museum (Photo) by engrjacuzzi: 2:33pm On Jun 06, 2015
God bless Akwaabasiibom state. truly a land of promise.
Re: Ibibio Museum And State Park A Nigerian Contemporary Museum (Photo) by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jun 06, 2015
Post image of the artifacts or they should start collecting them now.
Re: Ibibio Museum And State Park A Nigerian Contemporary Museum (Photo) by Superstar007(m): 3:00pm On Jun 06, 2015
samuelson06:

Oh Oh, opposite Bank Layout right?
Yeah.
Re: Ibibio Museum And State Park A Nigerian Contemporary Museum (Photo) by thomasthomas: 3:12pm On Jun 06, 2015
pablus:
he stopped it? why?! pure madness o.
Very sad and silly! Nothing, I mean no single artifact or artwork is in the building!
Re: Ibibio Museum And State Park A Nigerian Contemporary Museum (Photo) by promayor1(m): 3:22pm On Jun 06, 2015
Nawa o,this state fine sha o
Re: Ibibio Museum And State Park A Nigerian Contemporary Museum (Photo) by RexioKlasik(m): 3:39pm On Jun 06, 2015
This is one of the few places in town that one can have a very private time, not even talking about the building itself,the area and the land around there is very fresh,beautiful and good for relaxation. It also serves as a good place for photoshoots cus it gives a very natural background..try that out
I just love the place.

Yák isöñg èmi ódòd ûkànà!
Re: Ibibio Museum And State Park A Nigerian Contemporary Museum (Photo) by skedy1(m): 3:42pm On Jun 06, 2015
Odikwa tyt!

1 Like

Re: Ibibio Museum And State Park A Nigerian Contemporary Museum (Photo) by ifud(m): 3:43pm On Jun 06, 2015
Sir Udo udoma Avenue. Beside Akwa Ibom State House of Assembly Complex. Opposite the Bank Layout. Few meters away from the Ibom Tropicana Entertainment Centre.
samuelson06:

Where is the actual location of the place?
Re: Ibibio Museum And State Park A Nigerian Contemporary Museum (Photo) by ifud(m): 3:45pm On Jun 06, 2015
Odùd ukana isong... Ndo atata amana isong ayen Akwa Ibom.
RexioKlasik:
This is one of the few places in town that one can have a very private time, not even talking about the building itself,the area and the land around there is very fresh,beautiful and good for relaxation. It also serves as a good place for photoshoots cus it gives a very natural background..try that out
I just love the place.

Yák isöñg èmi ódòd ûkànà!
Re: Ibibio Museum And State Park A Nigerian Contemporary Museum (Photo) by ifud(m): 3:52pm On Jun 06, 2015
Could this be the dreaded comrade? Kudos to you sir.
tabisegroup:
Hon Thomas Thomas ur right
Re: Ibibio Museum And State Park A Nigerian Contemporary Museum (Photo) by ifud(m): 3:56pm On Jun 06, 2015
Could this be the dreaded comrade? Kudos to you sir.
thomasthomas:
check the date of the picture...
Educating these people is not easy... grin grin
Re: Ibibio Museum And State Park A Nigerian Contemporary Museum (Photo) by herald9: 5:01pm On Jun 06, 2015
XavierBlue:
A standard museum i must say, and the art displayed will amaze you.

#proudlyibibio

XavierBlue
art display? Did you mean those portraits cause the room is empty...
Re: Ibibio Museum And State Park A Nigerian Contemporary Museum (Photo) by Spells(m): 5:33pm On Jun 06, 2015
thomasthomas:
well the same way you people say Akpabio built everything in Akwa Ibom all by himself grin grin
hahahahahah guyman u dey vex oh
Re: Ibibio Museum And State Park A Nigerian Contemporary Museum (Photo) by Cuddlemii: 6:21pm On Jun 06, 2015
Not bad!
Re: Ibibio Museum And State Park A Nigerian Contemporary Museum (Photo) by naza9ja(m): 6:29pm On Jun 06, 2015
Empty museum. Some guys don turn am to park. It's a good place for relaxation though.

I can see my house in the first picture. angry
Re: Ibibio Museum And State Park A Nigerian Contemporary Museum (Photo) by Systeme101: 7:26pm On Jun 06, 2015
nice info! pls b reminded that this lovely edifice is stil open for public usage for activities such as ; relaxation spots, restaurants nd other suportive recreational facilities on a rental agreement...it occupies abt 0.15 Hectares of greenland with a natural stagnant stream where u can njoy a boat ride within the park and lots more...th e distance is very proximate to the pretigious ibom tropicana where u have d silverbird cenima most importantly behind d museum is another wonerful edifice called NOAHs ARK Auditorium aka full life xtian centre...a place u cant miss on sundayz! n lots more BUT be reminded that u are nt allowed to loiter in d premises when it gets dark for security reasons..pls come nd invest in Akwa ibom, we are stil delveloping God bless our leaders past n present!
Re: Ibibio Museum And State Park A Nigerian Contemporary Museum (Photo) by tpiadotcom: 9:34pm On Jun 06, 2015
herald9:
art display? Did you mean those portraits cause the room is empty...

if its an art gallery, paintings would be on the walls. . . . . . i guess there's not so much sculpture per se?
Re: Ibibio Museum And State Park A Nigerian Contemporary Museum (Photo) by tpiadotcom: 9:36pm On Jun 06, 2015
Spells:
gov attah abi n attack na superman oh, only him with his two hands built it. Hmmm

what's the problem you have with him?
Re: Ibibio Museum And State Park A Nigerian Contemporary Museum (Photo) by Spells(m): 9:43pm On Jun 06, 2015
tpiadotcom:

what's the problem you have with him?
do i sound like I've got a problem with him? Uve just gat no insight of ma comment, Gbam. The person i quoted got da memo.
Re: Ibibio Museum And State Park A Nigerian Contemporary Museum (Photo) by herald9: 9:53pm On Jun 06, 2015
Re: Ibibio Museum And State Park A Nigerian Contemporary Museum (Photo) by herald9: 10:02pm On Jun 06, 2015
tpiadotcom:

if its an art gallery, paintings would be on the walls. . . . . . i guess there's not so much sculpture per se?
lolz... The place's empty aside the portraits of past great men of the state... Its a nice spot to hang out tho.... We don't call it museum anymore .... We prefer LOVE GARDEN grin
Re: Ibibio Museum And State Park A Nigerian Contemporary Museum (Photo) by EPOMA(m): 11:23pm On Jun 06, 2015
tpiadotcom:

True, it means it was constructed under Victor Attah the previous governor .

That poster is probably just a hired mercenary id.

Akpabio has fine his way to nairaland trying to cover his back in all the money hey stole
Re: Ibibio Museum And State Park A Nigerian Contemporary Museum (Photo) by tpiadotcom: 12:38am On Jun 07, 2015
Spells:
do i sound like I've got a problem with him? Uve just gat no insight of ma comment, Gbam. The person i quoted got da memo.

of course na una get am, same way as una get his successor/s.

just asking why you do not like the idea of him doing a project.
Re: Ibibio Museum And State Park A Nigerian Contemporary Museum (Photo) by tpiadotcom: 12:39am On Jun 07, 2015
herald9:

lolz... The place's empty aside the portraits of past great men of the state... Its a nice spot to hang out tho.... We don't call it museum anymore .... We prefer LOVE GARDEN grin

they should put more art there I guess.
Re: Ibibio Museum And State Park A Nigerian Contemporary Museum (Photo) by herald9: 2:39am On Jun 07, 2015
tpiadotcom:

they should put more art there I guess.
just that that unlike Attah, Akpabio didnt have eyes for aesthetics.... This is why more architects and planners should be governors ... Not all those trained talkative called politicians.
Re: Ibibio Museum And State Park A Nigerian Contemporary Museum (Photo) by thomasthomas: 3:04am On Jun 07, 2015
herald9:
just that that unlike Attah, Akpabio didnt have eyes for aesthetics.... This is why more architects and planners should be governors ... Not all those trained talkative called politicians.
grin grin grin I think they say he is a barrister or something grin
Re: Ibibio Museum And State Park A Nigerian Contemporary Museum (Photo) by herald9: 6:34am On Jun 07, 2015
thomasthomas:
grin grin grin I think they say he is a barrister or something grin
who dash am. It's either he didn't finish from law school or wasn't called to the bar.
The more I come across Attah's handiwork, the more respect I've for the man. The only governor that's environmental friendly... Not those who define development by building concrete structures all over the major parts state,without following it up with the necessary greenery.
Re: Ibibio Museum And State Park A Nigerian Contemporary Museum (Photo) by Spells(m): 7:10am On Jun 07, 2015
tpiadotcom:

of course na una get am, same way as una get his successor/s.

just asking why you do not like the idea of him doing a project.
did i hear u say project? Bro project is not wat naija needs now.. N trust me uve gat no idea what project means
Re: Ibibio Museum And State Park A Nigerian Contemporary Museum (Photo) by thomasthomas: 7:28am On Jun 07, 2015
herald9:
who dash am. It's either he didn't finish from law school or wasn't called to the bar.
The more I come across Attah's handiwork, the more respect I've for the man. The only governor that's environmental friendly... Not those who define development by building concrete structures all over the major parts state,without following it up with the necessary greenery.
Most projects you see are Attah's project, Akpabio deceived Nigerians to think that every project you see in Akwa Ibom is his.

That was the essence of this thread before I came to spoil their show, you see they've all ran away... grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Air: 11 Things You Should Know About The New National Carrier / 10 Fun Things To Do In Abuja This Christmas: A 2020 December To Discover (Pics) / My Trip To Ososo Hills And Ojirami Dam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.