Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,510 members, 7,830,523 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

Teenage Pregnancy. Who Is To Blame? Parent Or Society... - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Teenage Pregnancy. Who Is To Blame? Parent Or Society... (7191 Views)

Prostitutes And Their Clients : Who Is To Blame ? / "He Is Ugly But Has Money" - Funny Twitter Story: Who Is To Blame? / You Are To Blame: Ladies! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Teenage Pregnancy. Who Is To Blame? Parent Or Society... by favourmic(m): 6:48pm On Jun 06, 2015
i personally think it's the society are to be blame because parent only put in 40% while society put in 60% in to the teenage's life.. No matter how the parents give quality attention, even try to be friendly to the teenage's once the teenage get to the society the rate of teenage pregnancies will drastically increase.

whats your take on this?
Re: Teenage Pregnancy. Who Is To Blame? Parent Or Society... by ZedX6: 6:56pm On Jun 06, 2015
The teenager.

Everyone has a life to live. Your parents teach you, the society teaches you. In the end, you make a choice. If your choice is to open your damn legs and get pregnant, your business.

If it wasn't the choice of the individual teenager, ask yourself why "all" teens do not get pregnant. That simply shows you that some teens make that individual decision to be unashamedly wanton.

1 Like

Re: Teenage Pregnancy. Who Is To Blame? Parent Or Society... by XavierBlue(m): 6:58pm On Jun 06, 2015
ZedX6:
The teenager.

Everyone has their lives to live. Your parents teach you, the society teaches you. In the end, you make a choice. If your choice is to open your damn legs and get pregnant, your business.

If it wasn't the choice of the individual teenager, ask yourself why "all" teens do not get pregnant. That simply shows you that some teens make that individual decision to be unashamedly wanton.
i go with this. Sex is something teenagers should eschew.

XavierBlue
Re: Teenage Pregnancy. Who Is To Blame? Parent Or Society... by donsmall94(m): 6:59pm On Jun 06, 2015
ZedX6:
The teenager.

Everyone has a life to live. Your parents teach you, the society teaches you. In the end, you make a choice. If your choice is to open your damn legs and get pregnant, your business.

U said it all.
Re: Teenage Pregnancy. Who Is To Blame? Parent Or Society... by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jun 06, 2015
Bothangry

The parents:
The parents have to be blamed for the bad upbringing of their children...If parents inculcate good behaviour and train them in the way of God, the children should be able to decide 4 him/herself the right way to choose when given options when he/she is older.

The Society: The friends may actually affect the child's decisions i.e peer pressure...

'If you can't beat them, you join them'

The words in quote has made so many children turned teenagers make some choices that later destroy them in the future...
A child may be a good and responsible child right b4 he/she enters university and may be later corrupted by Society's valuessad

Itz our duty to train our children in the RIGHT way.
Re: Teenage Pregnancy. Who Is To Blame? Parent Or Society... by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jun 06, 2015
We are all guilty.
As society, do we condemn it strongly?
As parents, do we show good examples?
As neighbours, do we watch over one another?

2 Likes

Re: Teenage Pregnancy. Who Is To Blame? Parent Or Society... by prevail23(m): 7:11pm On Jun 06, 2015
blame d person wey shout ""oooh"" "yeah baby" "dig it" "go harder" if she flex finish den she come carry Belle, u are looking for who to blame? #YouAreOn A #LongThing undecided

PrEvAiL23
Re: Teenage Pregnancy. Who Is To Blame? Parent Or Society... by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jun 06, 2015
Take this truth from a teenager.
The society gets 80% of the blame.
Re: Teenage Pregnancy. Who Is To Blame? Parent Or Society... by daveP(m): 7:18pm On Jun 06, 2015
^^^Some parents listen to the society and follow, no doubt. Wrong and right irrespective!
Re: Teenage Pregnancy. Who Is To Blame? Parent Or Society... by FLAWLES(f): 7:22pm On Jun 06, 2015
both........parent and society
Re: Teenage Pregnancy. Who Is To Blame? Parent Or Society... by ShayGirl(f): 7:24pm On Jun 06, 2015
All including the teenager, but all blames should b thrown to d parents if they fail to give the child proper sex education tips and happens to b d overprotective type and the too-strict type. , likewise, the teenager if they fail to hearken to what has been taught by their parents to them......
Re: Teenage Pregnancy. Who Is To Blame? Parent Or Society... by Larablink(f): 7:33pm On Jun 06, 2015
I think it's a personal decision. The parents and society has great impact in the life of a teenager. It's the choice of the teen to good or bad, Haven't you seen pastors and ministers children whom are very spoilt, do you mean there parents didn't teach them morals or sex Education. It's mostly peer group pressure and wanting to feel among in order not to be called 'small Girl or Boy. I think it's from bad company.
Re: Teenage Pregnancy. Who Is To Blame? Parent Or Society... by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jun 06, 2015
U shid expand ur options to include the teenager as well.
But it all boils to soiciety, d things teenagers of nowadays r exposed too. Even if their parents make restricitions, d society we find to be promoting promiscuity through movies, sons, talks e.t.c
Re: Teenage Pregnancy. Who Is To Blame? Parent Or Society... by favourmic(m): 11:13pm On Jun 06, 2015
prevail23:
blame d person wey shout ""oooh"" "yeah baby" "dig it" "go harder"
if she flex finish den she come carry Belle, u are looking for who to blame?
#YouAreOn A #LongThing undecided

PrEvAiL23

grin grin grin grin grin ;Dlolz
Re: Teenage Pregnancy. Who Is To Blame? Parent Or Society... by Nobody: 12:54am On Jun 07, 2015
both the parents of the boy and the girl. society is made of families which constitutes parents and children. And i believe the bane of such ills(teenage pregnancy) stems from the root(family unit) of the society. In all honesty, it's really everybody's fault.

I swear to god, i have no idea wat i just wrote. Sorry op
Re: Teenage Pregnancy. Who Is To Blame? Parent Or Society... by sarmiie(m): 1:44am On Jun 07, 2015
The same nature vs nurture argument. Fact is, ther are too many factors involved to simply lay the blame at the doorstep of one party.

There have been girls raped at a very young age, who as they grow up become super promiscuous and get pregnant at a young age. Whose fault is that: parents or society ??

At this age where Nigeria, in its great wisdom has declared 11 yrs to be the age of consent, is it gonna be a big deal to see teenage pregnancies?? Whose fault is that??

What about those who live in rural areas, the illiterates and semi-literates, the beer parlour girls and so on?? Sex at teenage-hood is no big deal to them. If pregnancy follows, that's normal. Is it the parent's or society's fault??

Note: by society, I refer to peer pressure, media in all its forms and friends only. Any other definition is, in my opinion, irrelevant.
Re: Teenage Pregnancy. Who Is To Blame? Parent Or Society... by CertifiedFreak(m): 1:57am On Jun 07, 2015
Dude, blame the D. Lil babies of now mouth the word like it's algebra.

(1) (Reply)

Time Table For Release Of Advanced Bang Rule.also Giving 3k Airtime To 2 Persons / Nigerian Guy Asks His Girlfriend To Send Her N*ked Photos And She Sent Everythin / A Serious Warning To Kossyablaze!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.