Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,740 members, 7,809,833 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:41 PM

Any Igbo Muslim In The House - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Any Igbo Muslim In The House (42570 Views)

Hidden Islam: Nicolo Degiorgis Charts The Challenges Of Being Muslim In Italy / The Only Muslim In Greenland Who Fasts For 21 Hours / Challenges Facing Igbo Muslims - Sheikh Uthman Anaga (igbo Muslim) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Igbo Muslim In The House by olalat(m): 9:22pm On Jun 25, 2015
I met one while i was doing my youth service at enugu state. Hes d only muslim in d entire village. (Imilike agu). His name was Ali. He converted while he was in d north.
Re: Any Igbo Muslim In The House by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jun 25, 2015
Afam4eva:

Those thugs just wasted the life of that young and promising young man.

So sad

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/dolton-shooting-olubusayo-awomolo--111095599.html#

1 Like

Re: Any Igbo Muslim In The House by salisy: 9:28pm On Jun 25, 2015
I tried converting one lady exactly a year ago but unfortunately time couldn't allow me to finish what I started and she was cooperating.
Re: Any Igbo Muslim In The House by jcross19: 9:29pm On Jun 25, 2015
yahrant140:
There are many igbo Muslims! especially, doing my schooling years in uniben, we do pray together at hostel mosque......
you can say that online. Can you see all they are guessing shame on allah.

2 Likes

Re: Any Igbo Muslim In The House by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jun 25, 2015
I know a lot of Igbo Muslims like:
1. Kabir orjiegbulam - he present Islamic program's on TV especially during Ramadan
2. Muhammad Nazeef - was in my faculty at the university
3. Ustaz Ishaq- was my Arabic teacher in Abuja some years back, studied in Saudi Arabia, later joined Nigerian army
4. Ibrahim biobo- Islamic preacher
5. HabeebulLah Emeka - former pastor, wrote a book on comparative religion
6. I have many as friends on facebook

1 Like

Re: Any Igbo Muslim In The House by zluqman: 9:48pm On Jun 25, 2015
I believe there are muslims Among the Igbo but the truth is they are very few
Re: Any Igbo Muslim In The House by intergral(m): 9:48pm On Jun 25, 2015
seeklove:
Igbos hate unnecessary shedding of blood. They respect and value human life. Even the ancients Igbos, before Christianity came, they respected human life and love peace. Christianity easily won over the Igbos because it is peaceful and respects human life, even the life of an enemy.

Those that think that Igbos have not been exposed to Islam are wrong. Igbos have long been exposed to it, even today Igbos all over the world are exposed to Islam. Sometimes muslims will even try to win converts by promising them riches. I know how many times they have tried to convert me, my friends, and etc. I know Igbos in the muslim countries, still they will never consider joining. A friend of mine happily lost a contract that would have been his, if only he accepted Islam. The few Igbos that pretend to be muslims only do it to get positions and contracts.
you don't even know about the IGBOS...... "Igbo respect human lives!!" ..... Killing of babies, blood ritual and cannibalism....

1 Like

Re: Any Igbo Muslim In The House by olamega(m): 9:52pm On Jun 25, 2015
I HAVE ONE AS A FRIEND AND THE OTHER AS A COLLEAGUE. IT'S JUST THAT IGBO MUSLIMS ARE NOT THAT PLENTY, BUT THERE'S A NUMBER OF THEM HERE IN ABUJA
Re: Any Igbo Muslim In The House by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jun 25, 2015
BECAUSE OF THIS COMMENT I MADE HERE IN THIS THREAD EARLIER, I AM GOING TO DEACTIVATE THIS ACCOUNT NOW TO PICK UP ANOTHER ONE.

Feeling too bad to see what displays on my handle about renouncing the ALMIGHTY GOD.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Any Igbo Muslim In The House by TBD(m): 10:39pm On Jun 25, 2015
Come to Minna we have Igbo muslim some even preach on NTA. Just yesterday Igbo lady converted to Islam in Kaduna her name was Joy from delta state the new name is Aisha. Who so ever Allah have guaded none shall lead him astray and whoever Allah lead astray none shall guided him
Re: Any Igbo Muslim In The House by jcross19: 10:47pm On Jun 25, 2015
Binb:
I know a lot of Igbo Muslims like:
1. Kabir orjiegbulam - he present Islamic program's on TV especially during Ramadan
2. Muhammad Nazeef - was in my faculty at the university
3. Ustaz Ishaq- was my Arabic teacher in Abuja some years back, studied in Saudi Arabia, later joined Nigerian army
4. Ibrahim biobo- Islamic preacher
5. HabeebulLah Emeka - former pastor, wrote a book on comparative religion
6. I have many as friends on facebook
some people don't know the different between igbo and edo people as far you are not speaking hausa and yoruba, you are igbo, even though there are igbos as muslims does it change the fact the allah is demon and mohamMAD is child abuser I mean rapist.

13 Likes

Re: Any Igbo Muslim In The House by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jun 25, 2015
Yeah i know a number of Igbo muslims living In Makurdi that came from Nsukka, Enugu State
Re: Any Igbo Muslim In The House by Stolen: 10:59pm On Jun 25, 2015
Jarus:

It is so because Islamic preaching efforts are not as strong in Igboland. Imagine this: A neighbour that went to serve in Enugu state said when he was performing ablution, the kids around were watching him, amazed at what he was doing i.e they had never seen somebody do that before. When he mentioned Prophet Muhammad(PBUH) to them, they didn't know who he was. Their best guess was 'Murtala Mohammed, former president. That is how ignorant they are about the message of Islam.

Those that heard about Islam and converted got to know about Islam when they travelled to West/North or overseas. I know one Igboman that heard about and accepted Islam in Dubai. A very high ranking executive in my company from Delta state, for example, is a Muslim and he finished from the University of Liverpool. He converted to Islam(and converted his mother too). I think he learnt about Islam and accepted in UK.

[size=18pt]Very ignorant comment. It is ignorant to say igbos dont know about muslim or igbos will convert to muslim. That will not happen, as the vast majority (99%)keep the christian faith.

Igbos are christians and content in christ, dey have no desire to be muslim.[/size]

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Igbo Muslim In The House by Stolen: 11:04pm On Jun 25, 2015
[size=18pt]Muslims need to fix some of the problems they have contributed to the world rather than wanting to add more.[/size]

16 Likes

Re: Any Igbo Muslim In The House by Laid2001: 11:18pm On Jun 25, 2015
That is why Many follow Ojukwu to Death.

There are many Ibo Muslims. Chief Abdul Azeez Ude, Sheikh Friday Okonkwo etc.
If you decide to play Ostrich and pretend they don't exist, that is your own problem. Even one of the SE representative at the National conference happens to be a muslim Professor!

seeklove:
Igbos hate unnecessary shedding of blood. They respect and value human life. Even the ancients Igbos, before Christianity came, they respected human life and love peace. Christianity easily won over the Igbos because it is peaceful and respects human life, even the life of an enemy.

Those that think that Igbos have not been exposed to Islam are wrong. Igbos have long been exposed to it, even today Igbos all over the world are exposed to Islam. Sometimes muslims will even try to win converts by promising them riches. I know how many times they have tried to convert me, my friends, and etc. I know Igbos in the muslim countries, still they will never consider joining. A friend of mine happily lost a contract that would have been his, if only he accepted Islam. The few Igbos that pretend to be muslims only do it to get positions and contracts.
Re: Any Igbo Muslim In The House by Abdhool(m): 11:30pm On Jun 25, 2015
chukwudi44:
please am just being curious.Just wnt to find if igbo muslims exist am yet to see one
Igbo muslims truly exist. I schooled in Enugu state and i attested to previous scenarios, though Islamic propagation is at a very low ebb.
The chief imam of UNN Sheikh Adam Iddokko from Nsuka is an igbo man with a very strong islamic background.
Chief Emetumah from Imo state is another igbo islamic scholar with children that are always confident to display their islamic identity.
The basic truth is dat muslims in the other region have not been extending their brotherhood towards them.
Re: Any Igbo Muslim In The House by chaberry(m): 11:43pm On Jun 25, 2015
Abdhool:

Igbo muslims truly exist. I schooled in Enugu state and i attested to previous scenarios, though Islamic propagation is at a very low ebb.
The chief imam of UNN Sheikh Adam Iddokko from Nsuka is an igbo man with a very strong islamic background.
Chief Emetumah from Imo state is another igbo islamic scholar with children that are always confident to display their islamic identity.
The basic truth is dat muslims in the other region have not been extending their brotherhood towards them.
We the good people of Igboland reject Islam and everything that it brings

15 Likes

Re: Any Igbo Muslim In The House by yashau(m): 11:46pm On Jun 25, 2015
seeklove:

Big lie, if u say's all these thing that u just said now, are u telling me there's no muslim in israel, abi u are more Christian than the the Israelis

1 Like

Re: Any Igbo Muslim In The House by mrrock: 12:04am On Jun 26, 2015
Why should an Igbo man be a boko haram member?

11 Likes

Re: Any Igbo Muslim In The House by VANHELLSING: 12:10am On Jun 26, 2015
Our life style, culture & orientation is in conflict with islamic faith. We are a distinct tribe in Nigeria, (unlike other tribes), islam has no part/place in igbo society.

I maybe over generalizing, let me be a little more specific here. Any igbo man/woman claiming to be a muslim, check him/her well, he's either a bastard or an unpure igbo, born & bred in the north or Southwest with either alien father or mother. And another group are those igbos that shares boundaries with north, southwest or southsouth.It's near impossible to fine an Anambra who professes islamic faith.

Until I accept there're igbo muslims, let them come openly to the society & community & declare they islamic faith, until then, it remained an illusion & fiction from Southwest propagandist.

13 Likes

Re: Any Igbo Muslim In The House by busar(m): 12:18am On Jun 26, 2015
chaberry:
We the good people of Igboland reject Islam and everything that it brings
You, the Mujrimoon you meant.
Re: Any Igbo Muslim In The House by Nobody: 12:32am On Jun 26, 2015
VANHELLSING:
Well, real igbos can never be muslim,it is an abomination for a pure & unstained igbo to even relate to a Muslim, talkless of reverting to islam. Our forebearers rejected islam & also passed down the warning to us about the dangers islam portend to our society & survival & these formed the bases of the outright rejection of islam in igboland.
And more also, our life style, culture & orientation is in conflict with islamic faith.
We are a distinct tribe in Nigeria, (unlike other tribes), islam has no part/place in igbo society.

I maybe over generalizing, let me be a little more specific here. Any igbo man/woman claiming to be a muslim, check him/her well, he's either a bastard or an unpure igbo, born & bred in the north or Southwest with either alien father or mother. And another group are those igbos that shares boundaries with north, Southwest or southsouth.It's near impossible to fine an Anambra who professes islamic faith.

I will personally kill any of my relations who intend, join or harbours any intention of joining islam, anyways,thank God I'm from Anambra, we detest islam like a plaque, we can't even sell land to an outsider to build a mosque, let alone allowing an indigen to become a muslim or build a mosque.

Until I accept there're igbo muslims, let them come openly to the society & community & declare they islamic faith, until then, it remained an illusion & fiction from Southwest propagandist.
Doesn't result to killing na. One major reason why christainity keep on spreading like fire is because of the signs and wonders their master taught them. If only the northern muslim were like the western ones,u wouldn't be hearing the op asking about igbo muslims.

1 Like

Re: Any Igbo Muslim In The House by 1stola: 12:39am On Jun 26, 2015
scripture:
Igbo are not and cannot be muslims cos {{Islam}} does not make sense to the ordinary igboman.
Don't talk like a fool.
You took shahda before commenting
Can you speak for all ibos?
That's how some you foolishly believes that all Ibos want Biafra.
Speak for yasef.

1 Like

Re: Any Igbo Muslim In The House by mohammedmagnus: 12:53am On Jun 26, 2015
jcross19:
some people don't know the different between igbo and edo people as far you are not speaking hausa and yoruba, you are igbo, even though there are igbos as muslims does it change the fact the allah is demon and mohamMAD is child abuser I mean rapist.
lol you do really have bad manners for a christian. Am a muslim but bro u need JESUS. Peace

1 Like

Re: Any Igbo Muslim In The House by mohammedmagnus: 1:08am On Jun 26, 2015
What's all this bickering between muslims and christians. I am a muslim, was once catholic (Andrew then). And am disapointed by the way the christians use profane words on this site. Cmon the book of proverbs taught you better. This is one of the grandeur schemes of the Devil. We are here cutting at each others throat, forgetting we need to be better christians and better Muslims. What's up with mankind, we are all brothers from Abraham(ishmael and isaac). The devil has succeeded is sowing discord between us, now we see ATHEIST gaining ground. And to the muslims you haven't attained "kushoo" in your Salaat or memorised the quran, yet someone gives u a "BOMB" to blow up a church and u heedlessly follow. This heaven is for few people ooooo. So let's concentrate on how to get there, BE Good, kind, and do not mock one another. Christians please note islam has many "crazy" sects,with extreme beliefs so please don't generalise, this is coming from a former christian Brother ONE LOVE AND LET'S PUT OUR COMMON FOE THE DEVIL TO SHAME.

7 Likes

Re: Any Igbo Muslim In The House by Jaydee009: 1:28am On Jun 26, 2015
dayokanu:
Just like xtianity in the North. SOme corpers in Jigawa state would travel to Bauchi to worship.

The Only church in Basirka, Gwaram Local govt had been burnt by Moslems.

It amazes me how easily Mosques can be built down south, but our Muslim brothers up north will never extend same gestures... Rather they will burn all the churches down as though Islam is a cripple religion that needs to be "helped" to stand.

One practical example... I'm the University of Benin, there is a big mosque besides the big Catholic Church and the Anglican, however in Bayero University, Kano new site, the Emir has sworn that no church can be built there and none has been built till date.

Where is the freedom of worship promised in our Constitution?
dayokanu:
Just like xtianity in the North. SOme corpers in Jigawa state would travel to Bauchi to worship.

The Only church in Basirka, Gwaram Local govt had been burnt by Moslems.

It amazes me how easily Mosques can be built down south, but our Muslim brothers up north will never extend same gestures... Rather they will burn all the churches down as though Islam is a cripple religion that needs to be "helped" to stand.

One practical example... I'm the University of Benin, there is a big mosque besides the big Catholic Church and the Anglican, however in Bayero University, Kano new site, the Emir has sworn that no church can be built there and none has been built till date.

Where is the freedom of worship promised in our Constitution?

6 Likes

Re: Any Igbo Muslim In The House by tunde1200(m): 3:15am On Jun 26, 2015
Very old topic!.

But there are Igbo Muslims on NL though haVe not come accross one here.
Re: Any Igbo Muslim In The House by gazmaths(m): 4:05am On Jun 26, 2015
I was surprised to see an Igbo Muslim guy during service. His name was Chukwudi Abdul Rasheed. He looked igbotic and he was a very strong believer. He was leading most of our prayers. He said it was always difficult practicing Islam in an igbo land and they hardly tolerate Muslims so it is better u pray indoor.
Re: Any Igbo Muslim In The House by Nobody: 5:34am On Jun 26, 2015
Igbos cannot and never be muslim.
We don't need sambisa and gwoza extension in southeast.

My muslim brothers, must someone accept muslim before commenting on your forum?

That is pathetic and exhibition of crass fanatism.

I BELONG TO JESUS

3 Likes

Re: Any Igbo Muslim In The House by Nobody: 5:38am On Jun 26, 2015
adeitoro:
Igbos cannot and never be muslim.
We don't need sambisa and gwoza extension in southeast.

My muslim brothers, must someone accept muslim before commenting on your forum?

That is pathetic and exhibition of crass fanatism.

I BELONG TO JESUS

they even auto edit the JESUS. I wrote up there to small letters.

Mod what is wrong in writing JESUS in capital letters?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Quran Says Bible Is A Book Of Reference For The Muslims / Does Erection Destroy Your Fasting? / ''Baby Born In Bauchi With Quran And Bead In His Hand'' - Rariya (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.