Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,090 members, 7,821,768 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? (30845 Views)

The Unforgotten Yoruba Adekunle Fajuyi, Assassinated 50years Ago Today! / 100 Days From Today: What Nigerians Expect From Buhari / How Sani Abacha Died…AL Mustapha. NOT BY APPLE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? by Dcaliphate(m): 7:13am On Jun 08, 2015
the greatest leader Nigeria ever had who had the effrontery to depose the sultan of sokoto.
Re: Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? by Horlawoomey(m): 7:13am On Jun 08, 2015
His death caused a lot of jubilation

3 Likes

Re: Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? by Nobody: 7:13am On Jun 08, 2015
Where is obayaya?
Re: Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? by Burger01(m): 7:14am On Jun 08, 2015
agarawu23:
he ate the forbidden fruit embarassed
Lol. You took the words out of my typing fingerscheesy

corisande:
I remember how people were jubilating and rejoicing at his death

Horlawoomey:
His death caused a lot of jubilation
^^^
Then I was a student in the UK and some guys of mine came knocking on my door that cool morning shouting: 'Burger! Burger!cheesy your president is dead!'. I shouted who kill am? They said he ate apple from the pope. I hissed and went back to bed.cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? by Nobody: 7:14am On Jun 08, 2015
I remember for many things: 1) As a terror 2) A man who dd nt giv a damn abt America 3) Who was killed by apple given to him by imported Prostitutes from India. 4) As a man who stole nd stole till his country's treasury was empty. 5) As a criminal who all the then five political parties Adopted for an election. Infact he is remembered by me for everytin bad. Unfortunately, I don't knw wia his soul is now.

1 Like

Re: Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? by chi4ik4(m): 7:14am On Jun 08, 2015
the most horrible leader in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? by pamcode(m): 7:14am On Jun 08, 2015
Well from what i have heard about him he is nothing but a blood-thirsty mzn and nigeria most feared dictator tho i hear he is still part of naija best leader ironic isnt it?.

2 Likes

Re: Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? by femmy2010(m): 7:15am On Jun 08, 2015
khalifa
Re: Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? by onyediya8(f): 7:15am On Jun 08, 2015
Chiscomax:
i remember him as a man who ate an apple given to him by an indian prostitute and died. #Careless Aristotle!.

shout out to all Barcelona fans in the house!
S/O right back bro!

1 Like

Re: Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? by wyqay: 7:15am On Jun 08, 2015
tigonana:
A no nonsense man,u talk about him bad,na death be dat.
Re: Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? by anonimi: 7:16am On Jun 08, 2015
Abacha did NOT steal.
- Buhari, 2008.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? by ledaman: 7:16am On Jun 08, 2015
I remembered him wit this quote "political stability" always
Re: Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? by AnneMomoh: 7:16am On Jun 08, 2015
Re: Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? by yommyuk: 7:16am On Jun 08, 2015
STUBBORN
Re: Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? by adtiezy1(m): 7:17am On Jun 08, 2015
I remember him as a visionary leader though brutal buh not a thief.. Going by history and research, I found out that what buhari said about him not stealing public money was/is true..all abacha did was inflate d price of any goods/commodity being sold..returning d actual price to d cofers of d government and keeping d rest for himself..we all do dat ourselvesm.for more info about his regime pm me

1 Like

Re: Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? by whitestar01(m): 7:18am On Jun 08, 2015
abacha had notin like legacy
Re: Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? by amAZEing: 7:18am On Jun 08, 2015
il remember him for giving the ljaw nation a voice by creating BAYELSA STATE.
Re: Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? by Nobody: 7:18am On Jun 08, 2015
Chiscomax:
i remember him as a man who ate an apple given to him by an indian prostitute and died. #Careless Aristotle!.

But sha, apple don dey do great things since time immemorial;
1)Apple made Adam realize he was adamatical. who gave him the apple? (A lady,Eve)
2)Isaac Newton postulated the law of motion after apple fell on his head. who plantes the apple tree? i guess a lady also
3)the mighty man of terror fell in the year 1998, Sani Abacha. What killed him? Apple from an indian B!TCH.

That apple story that killed Abacha is the most st.upid story of all times.
Re: Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? by ThisMeansWAR: 7:18am On Jun 08, 2015
Abacha my hero...
Re: Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? by Nobody: 7:19am On Jun 08, 2015
He was a "great" leader, he only hanged Sarowiwa.
He was not "corrupt" (even Buhari has confirmed), he only stacked away some Billions of Dollars.

2 Likes

Re: Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? by Merlissa(f): 7:19am On Jun 08, 2015
I remember people getting out of their car to dance on the road...

I remember that day wella...after assembly, our principal came to announce the news; na so all the students plus teacher they dance makosa... it was so bad they told us to go home!!!
Re: Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? by Nobody: 7:19am On Jun 08, 2015
softnipples:
I heard he was an expert in human right violation.
One of his aids(almustapha) didn't also help matters.

It's aide not "aids." What's your moniker again?
Re: Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? by omekz(m): 7:19am On Jun 08, 2015
Omoalhaja7:

Sani Abacha,  (born September 20, 1943, Kano, Nigeria—died June 8, 1998, Abuja), Nigerian military leader, who served as head of state (1993–98).

Abacha received his formal military training at Nigerian and British military training colleges. He rose through the ranks in the Nigerian military and by 1983 had achieved the rank of brigadier when he assisted Ibrahim Babangida in overthrowing Shehu Shagari, who had been elected to his second presidential term in 1983. Muhammad Buhari became Nigeria’s leader, but just two years later Babangida overthrew Buhari and installed himself as leader with Abacha second in command. Elections were held in 1993 and were won by Moshood Abiola, a candidate supposedly supported by Babangida, who, however, annulled the elections and set up a civilian interim government, which Abacha quickly overthrew.

Although Abacha promised a return to democracy, his actions were anything but democratic. He banned political activity of any kind, fired a large portion of the military, controlled the press, and assembled a personal security force of some 3,000 men. While he supported the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) and its military arm, ECOWAS Monitoring Group (ECOMOG), in sending troops to restore democracy in Liberia and Sierra Leone, he brutally suppressed dissent at home. Abiola and Olusegun Obasanjo, a former military leader of Nigeria (1976–79), were jailed for treason. Wole Soyinka, Nigeria’s Nobel laureate, was also charged with treason, although he had voluntarily left the country. Perhaps Abacha’s most brutal act was the imprisonment, trial, and subsequent execution for treason of writer Ken Saro-Wiwa and other Ogoni activists who were concerned with the environmental exploitation of their region by multinational petroleum companies.

Abacha’s sudden death in June 1998 moved along the process of returning the country to civilian rule. His military successor, Abdusalam Abubakar, oversaw the return to an elected civilian government in 1999. After Abacha’s death, it was rumoured that he and his family had enriched themselves by some $3 billion, most of it held in European banks. In 2002 a settlement, which returned most of the money to the government in exchange for dropping criminal prosecution, was reached between the Obasanjo government and the Abacha family.

So, my fellow NL'ders, what do you remember him for?
for me he is a tyrant and a looter
Re: Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? by adtiezy1(m): 7:19am On Jun 08, 2015
anonimi:
Abacha did NOT steal.
- Buhari, 2008.
Going by history and research, I found out that what buhari said about him not stealing public money was/is true..all abacha did was inflate d price of any goods/commodity being sold..returning d actual price to d cofers of d government and keeping d rest for himself..we all do dat ourselvesm.
Re: Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? by adtiezy1(m): 7:19am On Jun 08, 2015
anonimi:
Abacha did NOT steal.
- Buhari, 2008.
Going by history and research, I found out that what buhari said about him not stealing public money was/is true..all abacha did was inflate d price of any goods/commodity being sold..returning d actual price to d cofers of d government and keeping d rest for himself..we all do dat ourselves.
Re: Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? by bueze046(m): 7:19am On Jun 08, 2015
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font] grin
Re: Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? by bueze046(m): 7:20am On Jun 08, 2015
The Church of God really fired him off cause his administration wasn't fear at all,some news said he ate an Apple and died,some said he had a heart attack.all I know is that he died because of his wickedness
Re: Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? by Nobody: 7:20am On Jun 08, 2015
remember him for man's slaughter.
Re: Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? by dorocent(m): 7:20am On Jun 08, 2015
Chiscomax:

But sha, apple don dey do great things since time immemorial;
1)Apple made Adam realize he was adamatical. who gave him the apple? (A lady,Eve)
2)Isaac Newton postulated the law of motion after apple fell on his head. who plantes the apple tree? i guess a lady also
3)the mighty man of terror fell in the year 1998, Sani Abacha. What killed him? Apple from an indian B!TCH.

wit all dis illustration... u gat only 9 likes..... nawa oo.. nairalanders r wicked grin
Re: Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? by freeborn76(m): 7:21am On Jun 08, 2015
Despite all his perceived weaknesses, his administration was better than OBJ and GEJ put together. The economy was stable, efforts were made to improve infrastructure through the PTF and insurgents (similar to today's Boko Haram) in the form of NADECO were quashed...loathe him if you like, but with the benefit of hindsight, Nigeria has not fared any better since his demise...I don talk my own!

1 Like

Re: Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? by adexmuhyi(m): 7:22am On Jun 08, 2015
my role model though
Re: Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? by heywhytech1(m): 7:23am On Jun 08, 2015
He was a big thief, callous and self-centred. May almighty God forgive him and return fear to the mind of our politicians. God bless Federal Republic and Heywhyzo.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Murray-Bruce: "Nigeria Doesn't Need 36 Ministers, States", He Gets Epic Replies / Bukola Saraki Sacks 98 Aides / Obasanjo Thanks Buhari For Awarding 22 Modular Refinery Operational Licences

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.