Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? (30847 Views)

The Unforgotten Yoruba Adekunle Fajuyi, Assassinated 50years Ago Today! / 100 Days From Today: What Nigerians Expect From Buhari / How Sani Abacha Died…AL Mustapha. NOT BY APPLE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? by sofat(m): 10:08am On Jun 08, 2015
I remember him for 'ABACHA STOVE'!
Re: Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? by witken89(m): 10:08am On Jun 08, 2015
URGENT EMPLOYMENT!!!
HIGHCLASS GROUP OF COMPANIES NIGERIA LTD.
is a new consultancy firm established in
Owerri, Imo State Nigeria and needs to urgently employ only qualified persons to fill up these urgent vacant positions in the company;
1) Manager
2) Database manager
3) Business development Officer(BDO)
4) Receptionist
5) Software Engineer.
6) System Analyst
7) Site Supervisor
cool system engineers (5)
9) Lab Technicians
10) Drivers
11) Logistics/Procurement Officer
12) Cook(s)
13) Human Resource Officer (HRO)
14) Senior manager
15) Accountant
16) Network Engineer
17) Office Assistant(s)
18) Sales manager

REQUIREMENTS.
Nce, Ond, Hnd, Bsc, Btech, Msc, Phd & at least a good SSCE result.
Please Note:
1)Candidates Must be resident in either Imo, Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu, States or within any south south states.
How to Apply:
interested persons should send their CV
to highclassplc@gmail.com, PMB 3039, or send the following: full name,
educational qualification(s), current location,
e-mail address, gender, phone number to the company's Human Resource(HR) on
08101690007. Only successful candidates would be
shortlisted and invited for the interview.
NOTE:
1)The interview date would be
communicated to ONLY shortlisted candidates.
2) Application closes on the 15th of june 2015.
Re: Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? by mekanaky: 10:11am On Jun 08, 2015
nna anyi onye oru
Re: Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? by hope4nigeria(m): 10:16am On Jun 08, 2015
tigonana:
A no nonsense man,u talk about him bad,na death be dat.
that man will have no peace in his death, i tried to read tru coments to see if one person can say anything good thing about tha man/beast. no1.
Re: Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? by disumusa: 10:24am On Jun 08, 2015
lokito:
Tyranny and very very very many embezzlement.
i remember him for surporting biafra and as ibo man
Re: Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? by dannewlife(m): 10:25am On Jun 08, 2015
His dual exchange rate for the DOLLAR !
Re: Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? by Calbarian(m): 10:32am On Jun 08, 2015
[quote author=ehie post=34544826] mofo[/quo grin grin
Re: Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? by Calbarian(m): 10:35am On Jun 08, 2015
Larrylarex:
Because of fuel scarcity then people invented a sawdust powered stove it was called 'stove abacha' after the military tyrant. I remembered that he gave Nigerians the option of returning to democracy only if he would be allowed to contest the elections and metamorphosise from a military dictator to a civilian president come October 1, 1998. But God disposes his plans less than 4 months to fruition . in fact, many believed that still allow a transition come October. I was still a boy then but could vividly recall the joy i felt 17 years ago upon hearing from my palito earphones that Abacha is dead. I ran back home with a joyful heart to celebrate the good news with people at home cos i was sent on an errand but did not deliver it before running back. it was that bad then that even little children felt it. We're expecting Abiola 's mandate to be returned to him before the unfortunate incident that happened in 7/7/98. So sad

Geeeeezusss!!! How did you remember PALITO?!!! Omg, I'm gonna shed a tear embarassed
Re: Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? by kkonsults: 10:38am On Jun 08, 2015
r.i.p general sanni abacha
Re: Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? by VinPeace(m): 10:40am On Jun 08, 2015
He created ekiti state
Re: Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? by Balloteli(m): 10:53am On Jun 08, 2015
I remembered him for his great apple he ate
Re: Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? by igbizen(m): 10:54am On Jun 08, 2015
I remember him among many bad things for one good thing. the Nigerian liquefied natural gas NLNG company. thank God ooooo. wetin for dey bring chop chop 4 men?
Re: Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? by dorocent(m): 10:56am On Jun 08, 2015
Chiscomax:

Who LIKES don help? e dey put food for table?
grin grin grin grin
Re: Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? by mestrophil(m): 10:57am On Jun 08, 2015
He look like My Dad.
Re: Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? by adeodunsimilolu(f): 10:58am On Jun 08, 2015
Dnt av much to say; was just bouh 2 months old then... Just knw dat adultery killed him... Men, learn
Re: Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? by GeorgeAmax(m): 11:01am On Jun 08, 2015
Abacha is not corrupt according to Babaonechance.
Re: Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? by hansad: 11:02am On Jun 08, 2015
Today's president Buhari told us that Abacha was not corrupt, and that was when Abacha's loots were being returned to Nigeria from all corners of the world. This is the first thing that I still remember Abacha for.
Second thing is that Buhari was one of the key decision makers during the Abacha regime.

The Abacha regime created a slush Petroleum Trust Fund for Buhari to run.
Re: Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? by famtaiwo(m): 11:09am On Jun 08, 2015
a hardworking leader who tarred NY town road & upgrade a general hospital to a fed medical centre. may his soul rest in peace
Re: Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? by Orikinla(m): 11:11am On Jun 08, 2015
The military regime of Gen. Sani Abacha co-built the awesome Nigeria LNG that is one of the most well managed Nigerian companies and has the best developed and most modern residential areas in Nigeria, the NLNG RAs on Bonny Island in Rivers State.
I met him once during the launching of "The General's Wife" by Lady Tanya Hume-Sotomi whom he called his madam, being the wife of his former boss in the military, the late Brigadier-General Emmanuel Foluso Sotomi who also passed away the same year 1998 Abacha died.
Re: Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? by hansad: 11:12am On Jun 08, 2015
Another thing I remember Abacha for: Abacha created new states and left seven states in his northwest area, through denying a sixth state in the southeast area, thus leaving the other four zones with six states, and five states only in the southeast zone.

Today, that arrangement has created a super political class in the far north which uses overwhelming over representation in the polity to dictate the tunes in Nigeria.

About two years ago, Yakubu Gowon who started creating states lamented that states creation was ultimately hijacked to create a super political class in Nigeria - obviously in Abacha's far north of Nigeria.
Re: Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? by UnimkeAk(m): 11:25am On Jun 08, 2015
softnipples:
I heard he was an expert in human right violation.
One of his aids(almustapha) didn't also help matters.

Ima this ur username ehn ! "Softnipples"
Re: Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? by paix(m): 11:26am On Jun 08, 2015
I will always remember the exchange rate to a dollar during his reign till he died, which stood at N39 to a $. RIP general Abacha.
Re: Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? by mathy2p2: 11:29am On Jun 08, 2015
I only remember him for fraund cases,he dead 17 years ago we are still recovering his looting fund. cool
Re: Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? by Tex42(m): 11:39am On Jun 08, 2015
Our money in foreign banks/accounts.
Re: Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? by 989900: 12:15pm On Jun 08, 2015
Face of Evil!
Re: Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? by 2dillu2(m): 12:19pm On Jun 08, 2015
Omoalhaja7:

Sani Abacha,  (born September 20, 1943, Kano, Nigeria—died June 8, 1998, Abuja), Nigerian military leader, who served as head of state (1993–98).

Abacha received his formal military training at Nigerian and British military training colleges. He rose through the ranks in the Nigerian military and by 1983 had achieved the rank of brigadier when he assisted Ibrahim Babangida in overthrowing Shehu Shagari, who had been elected to his second presidential term in 1983. Muhammad Buhari became Nigeria’s leader, but just two years later Babangida overthrew Buhari and installed himself as leader with Abacha second in command. Elections were held in 1993 and were won by Moshood Abiola, a candidate supposedly supported by Babangida, who, however, annulled the elections and set up a civilian interim government, which Abacha quickly overthrew.

Although Abacha promised a return to democracy, his actions were anything but democratic. He banned political activity of any kind, fired a large portion of the military, controlled the press, and assembled a personal security force of some 3,000 men. While he supported the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) and its military arm, ECOWAS Monitoring Group (ECOMOG), in sending troops to restore democracy in Liberia and Sierra Leone, he brutally suppressed dissent at home. Abiola and Olusegun Obasanjo, a former military leader of Nigeria (1976–79), were jailed for treason. Wole Soyinka, Nigeria’s Nobel laureate, was also charged with treason, although he had voluntarily left the country. Perhaps Abacha’s most brutal act was the imprisonment, trial, and subsequent execution for treason of writer Ken Saro-Wiwa and other Ogoni activists who were concerned with the environmental exploitation of their region by multinational petroleum companies.

Abacha’s sudden death in June 1998 moved along the process of returning the country to civilian rule. His military successor, Abdusalam Abubakar, oversaw the return to an elected civilian government in 1999. After Abacha’s death, it was rumoured that he and his family had enriched themselves by some $3 billion, most of it held in European banks. In 2002 a settlement, which returned most of the money to the government in exchange for dropping criminal prosecution, was reached between the Obasanjo government and the Abacha family.

So, my fellow NL'ders, what do you remember him for?
remembered in Gombe for creating the state in 1st October, 1996
Re: Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? by sixtus3606(m): 12:20pm On Jun 08, 2015
Calbarian:

How e no take concern FC Barçelona ehn? Abeg allow Chiscomax and all the other Barça fans and supporters out there. If you no get anything about Abacha, go and start your own Barça-hate thread.

What I remember about Abacha? "OPERATION SWEEP"!

FORZA BARÇA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin
*hands up* no hate!

Chiscomax actually evaded majority of my thought about abacha's regime.
Biko fc barca dey run in my gbig vein!

How far? smiley
Re: Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? by berrystunn(m): 12:32pm On Jun 08, 2015
Chiscomax:
i remember him as a man who ate an apple given to him by an indian prostitute and died. #Careless Aristotle!.

But sha, apple don dey do great things since time immemorial;
1)Apple made Adam realize he was adamatical. who gave him the apple? (A lady,Eve)
2)Isaac Newton postulated the law of motion after apple fell on his head. who plantes the apple tree? i guess a lady also
3)the mighty man of terror fell in the year 1998, Sani Abacha. What killed him? Apple from an indian B!TCH.

shout out to all Barcelona fans in the house!

uptill now u no no anything lol
Re: Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? by ylaa(f): 12:47pm On Jun 08, 2015
his tribal marks.
Re: Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? by Dbrainiac1(m): 1:05pm On Jun 08, 2015
Removal of Sultan Ibrahim Dasuki as the sultan of sokoto nd spiritual leader of Nigeria
grin
Re: Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? by stephenqueen: 1:05pm On Jun 08, 2015
Kingtom come see ori ife role model angry angry ,dem dey remember am grin grin
Re: Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? by tomande: 1:19pm On Jun 08, 2015
A no-nonesone man. He has his flaws but during his time Nigeria didn't suffer under the influence of a terroist group sponsored by the cabals and big shots operating behind the scene in government like the one we re experiencing @ the moment(BH). He created the PTF and other policies that help sharpen the future of this country. I don't need to go into details cos I'm pretty sure most of u here know them well. Leave it or take it, despite his flaws, Late General Sain Abacha was a good man. And may he continue 2 rest in peace.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Wike Commissions Old Aba-port Harcourt Road, Iriebe Housing Estate Today / Reno Omokri: "Why Adams Oshiomhole Is A Proven Liar" / Kano ‘Chip Whip’: DSS Arrests Fake Number Plate Producers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.