Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,083 members, 7,821,730 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:22 PM

Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? (30844 Views)

The Unforgotten Yoruba Adekunle Fajuyi, Assassinated 50years Ago Today! / 100 Days From Today: What Nigerians Expect From Buhari / How Sani Abacha Died…AL Mustapha. NOT BY APPLE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? by Wkaay(m): 1:24pm On Jun 08, 2015
Denying the Super Eagles the opportunity to defend the Nations cup in South Africa 96
Re: Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? by menshealth1234: 1:33pm On Jun 08, 2015

Re: Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? by Emma4Jesu(m): 1:33pm On Jun 08, 2015
He will be remembered for state creation in the eastern part of Nigeria
Re: Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? by bumtos(m): 2:44pm On Jun 08, 2015
nothing but our money he looted.
Re: Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? by aribs(m): 2:53pm On Jun 08, 2015
hmm....I was in 100L in UI then and I was waiting outside for my cousin to come out of a shop in Agbowo only for me to see people screaming Abacha is dead! I could hardly believe the spontaneous outburst of joy that greeted that pronouncement. Never seen anything like it till now. He was a despot of the most brutal kind. I can never forget those words "Enough is Enough". Scarcities of petroleum products of the worst type so bad that I remember we had to use firewood and sawdust to cook. massive looting of funds and a general feeling of hopelessness and fear, strikes of all types, Daniel Kanu and his one million man march. Nigeria has indeed come far. May Nigeria never experience such again
Re: Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? by brainb0xx(m): 3:19pm On Jun 08, 2015
What i remember about him is whenever he wants to giv a speech. He goes thus...
I General Sunny Abacha, BSc, HND, MSc, Fee D Fee(PDP), MTN and the commander in chief of the armed forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria...

1 Like

Re: Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? by chuggy(m): 3:47pm On Jun 08, 2015
His Ray Ban Aviators!
Re: Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? by TheNature: 4:05pm On Jun 08, 2015
shocked after his death i begin 2 understand d difference dat he is far better 2 obj regime.
Re: Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? by yassjib: 4:53pm On Jun 08, 2015
Tyrant
Re: Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? by Pamcrest(f): 5:29pm On Jun 08, 2015
I remember his dark goggles, hiding his killer expression.
I remember him wearing all black to receive d Pope (wearing all white).....d differences btw them so glaring.
I remember under his watch.....opposition were pursued relentlessly, and assassinated, or maimed or scurried into self exile.

Abacha ....Nigeria's undisputed Despot...d Antichrist in d mould of Napoleon Bonaparte and Adolfo Hitler!
My humble two cents
Re: Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? by mystique18(m): 5:49pm On Jun 08, 2015
Chiscomax:
i remember him as a man who ate an apple given to him by an indian prostitute and died. #Careless Aristotle!.

But sha, apple don dey do great things since time immemorial;
1)Apple made Adam realize he was adamatical. who gave him the apple? (A lady,Eve)
2)Isaac Newton postulated the law of motion after apple fell on his head. who plantes the apple tree? i guess a lady also
3)the mighty man of terror fell in the year 1998, Sani Abacha. What killed him? Apple from an indian B!TCH.

shout out to all Barcelona fans in the house!
plus who got dat part of Apple at d back of laptops and gadgets bitten...ur guess is as good as mine............. i don't know...#lol
Re: Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? by iamsecsy(m): 6:17pm On Jun 08, 2015
At least fuel was less than 40 naira...
Re: Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jun 08, 2015
Chiscomax:

I choose to believe it anyway :-)

Meaning u will believe ur impotent as well.
Re: Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? by pentalk(m): 6:31pm On Jun 08, 2015
Ko gberegbe 1 of Africa. Even d obodo oyinbo leaders fear am....and his popular question..'Almustafa,are we still in fawa'?
Re: Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? by harry509: 8:11pm On Jun 08, 2015
Omoalhaja7:

Sani Abacha,  (born September 20, 1943, Kano, Nigeria—died June 8, 1998, Abuja), Nigerian military leader, who served as head of state (1993–98).

Abacha received his formal military training at Nigerian and British military training colleges. He rose through the ranks in the Nigerian military and by 1983 had achieved the rank of brigadier when he assisted Ibrahim Babangida in overthrowing Shehu Shagari, who had been elected to his second presidential term in 1983. Muhammad Buhari became Nigeria’s leader, but just two years later Babangida overthrew Buhari and installed himself as leader with Abacha second in command. Elections were held in 1993 and were won by Moshood Abiola, a candidate supposedly supported by Babangida, who, however, annulled the elections and set up a civilian interim government, which Abacha quickly overthrew.

Although Abacha promised a return to democracy, his actions were anything but democratic. He banned political activity of any kind, fired a large portion of the military, controlled the press, and assembled a personal security force of some 3,000 men. While he supported the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) and its military arm, ECOWAS Monitoring Group (ECOMOG), in sending troops to restore democracy in Liberia and Sierra Leone, he brutally suppressed dissent at home. Abiola and Olusegun Obasanjo, a former military leader of Nigeria (1976–79), were jailed for treason. Wole Soyinka, Nigeria’s Nobel laureate, was also charged with treason, although he had voluntarily left the country. Perhaps Abacha’s most brutal act was the imprisonment, trial, and subsequent execution for treason of writer Ken Saro-Wiwa and other Ogoni activists who were concerned with the environmental exploitation of their region by multinational petroleum companies.

Abacha’s sudden death in June 1998 moved along the process of returning the country to civilian rule. His military successor, Abdusalam Abubakar, oversaw the return to an elected civilian government in 1999. After Abacha’s death, it was rumoured that he and his family had enriched themselves by some $3 billion, most of it held in European banks. In 2002 a settlement, which returned most of the money to the government in exchange for dropping criminal prosecution, was reached between the Obasanjo government and the Abacha family.

So, my fellow NL'ders, what do you remember him for?
I guess he ova nserted his di.ck head nside an indian girl punny, and they ova reacted and gave him wat EVE gave 2 ADAM. Wia is our money?
Re: Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? by fabulous01(m): 8:25pm On Jun 08, 2015
Abach Stove
Re: Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? by fabulous01(m): 8:28pm On Jun 08, 2015
aribs:
hmm....I was in 100L in UI then and I was waiting outside for my cousin to come out of a shop in Agbowo only for me to see people screaming Abacha is dead! I could hardly believe the spontaneous outburst of joy that greeted that pronouncement. Never seen anything like it till now. He was a despot of the most brutal kind. I can never forget those words "Enough is Enough". Scarcities of petroleum products of the worst type so bad that I remember we had to use firewood and sawdust to cook. massive looting of funds and a general feeling of hopelessness and fear, strikes of all types, Daniel Kanu and his one million man march. Nigeria has indeed come far. May Nigeria never experience such again
the Real name was abacha stove
Re: Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? by seunfape(m): 8:43pm On Jun 08, 2015
he was a terrorist basic forget about corruption all nigeria are corrupt.
Re: Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? by Chiscomax(m): 10:50pm On Jun 08, 2015
sixtus3606:

*hands up* no hate!

Chiscomax actually evaded majority of my thought about abacha's regime.
Biko fc barca dey run in my gbig vein!

How far? smiley

i dey tells u broa.... i dey o. u na barca fan?
Re: Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? by sixtus3606(m): 7:18am On Jun 09, 2015
Chiscomax:

i dey tells u broa.... i dey o. u na barca fan?
Before conception!
Re: Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? by KingTom(m): 7:21pm On Jun 09, 2015
stephenqueen:
Kingtom come see ori ife role model angry angry ,dem dey remember am grin grin
Gen. Ishi Abacha grin grin grin
Re: Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? by Larrylarex(m): 9:20pm On Jun 09, 2015
Calbarian:

Geeeeezusss!!! How did you remember PALITO?!!! Omg, I'm gonna shed a tear embarassed
grin[quote author=Calbarian post=34548061]

Lol! The good ol' day bro. Gawd! its gives a nostalgic feeling!
Re: Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? by Calbarian(m): 3:24pm On Jun 10, 2015
A
Larrylarex:
grin

Azzin!
Re: Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? by Calbarian(m): 3:25pm On Jun 10, 2015
sixtus3606:

*hands up* no hate!

Chiscomax actually evaded majority of my thought about abacha's regime.
Biko fc barca dey run in my gbig vein!

How far? smiley

Man mi, I dey orrai. I trust you're doing well too

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Victor Malu Is Dead (Ex Chief Of Army Staff) / OPC Gives Militants 14-Day Ultimatum To Stop Attacks / Murray-Bruce: "Nigeria Doesn't Need 36 Ministers, States", He Gets Epic Replies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.