Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,224 members, 7,825,857 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions (18435 Views)

No Ban On Public Protest - IGP Says / Nigeria’s Leader May Be The Least Corrupt In Africa- Washington Post / Jega Faults IGP, Says No Law Bars Waiting After Voting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by Bigdreams(m): 1:13pm On Jun 08, 2015
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by ceejay80s(m): 1:15pm On Jun 08, 2015
oludashmi:
At the annual symposium during a Feast of Barracuda organised by the National Association of Seadogs, the Inspector General of Police, Mr. Solomon Arase, has declared the Nigerian Police as the least corrupt officers compared to all other institutions in Nigeria.

Arase who was represented by the Commissioner of Police, Federal Capital Territory, Mr. Wilson Inalegwu said that the practical step to deal with corruption was to dismantle road blocks by Police and the establishment of Monitoring Teams to ensure compliance across the country.

The IGP also said bail is free and urged Nigerians to call their helplines whenever they are asked to make payment for bail and promised that such officers would be dealt with.

He said: “The IG said he is allergic to corruption and since then he has taken practical steps to deal with the issue of corruption, both the history of corruption and perception of corruption of the Nigeria Police Force.

“One of the first things he did was to set up the IGP’s Monitoring Teams. First of all the decision by the Police Management Team was to take out roadblocks across all our highways. It was not just to dismantle it, he set up the IGP Monitoring Team to ensure that these directives are enforced.”

“If you go across most of our highways now roadblocks have been reduced to the barest minimum, and anybody mounting roadblocks, does that at his risk.

“Presentations are also made where Commissioners of Police are invited to look at the situations across the country right from the condition of suspects in Police cells and they have a technical platform that enable them to monitor the behaviour and conduct of police officers on the road as they handle suspects.

“The IG said bail is free! Help lines have been provided where you can supply information. You can call to inform that you went to this station and paid this amount and I can assure you, action will be taken. Bail is free, the monitoring teams are going round to practically deal with those avenues that can lead to corruption.

More here http://www.nigerianheadlines.com/igp-says-police-is-the-least-corrupt-of-all-nigerian-institutions/
Wetin be the helpline numberwey we suppose call? +234000000000 ?
Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by dbestuncle: 1:15pm On Jun 08, 2015
Na lie o. If police is the least corrupt institution with the way we c them today, then Nija is finished. Can that guy prove dat the police is not the worst n most corrupt institution in Nija?

i Tot i go love u but with these i think i better call Baba Buhari to remove u ASAP
Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by aniyphil: 1:21pm On Jun 08, 2015
oludashmi:
“The IG said bail is free! Help lines have been provided where you can supply information. You can call to inform that you went to this station and paid this amount and I can assure you, action will be taken. Bail is free, the monitoring teams are going round to practically deal with those avenues that can lead to corruption.

More here http://www.nigerianheadlines.com/igp-says-police-is-the-least-corrupt-of-all-nigerian-institutions/

grin grin grin grin grin grin . . . it is left for you to try and figure out why the highlighted lines are funny grin
Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by ceejay80s(m): 1:22pm On Jun 08, 2015
Ekeeyhandsome:
Mr IGP,plz is ur middle name LIeNUS ...

The change is really here..imagine uninterrupted power supply in my area since Saturday nite...

grin grin grin

Guy no be change, na raining season,water don kainji dam ,that's why u get light, wait make we enter dry season
Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by dalass(f): 1:24pm On Jun 08, 2015
...AND I AM THE FIRST FEMALE PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA.... AND POLICE UNIFORM IS WHITE NOT BLACK!
Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by spencekat(m): 1:27pm On Jun 08, 2015
Imagine!
Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by Richmond996: 1:28pm On Jun 08, 2015
See talk. All in all policemen are still corrupt. There is nothing like big or small corruption cause all na sin.
Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by dimssy(m): 1:34pm On Jun 08, 2015
kissSoro niyen
Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by dave2meek(m): 1:35pm On Jun 08, 2015
If i hear
Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by popson1st: 1:37pm On Jun 08, 2015
What do you expect him to say?

1 Like

Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by Emyogalanya: 1:40pm On Jun 08, 2015
Stories for the humans
Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by Emyogalanya: 1:41pm On Jun 08, 2015
Stories for gods
Emyogalanya:
Stories for the humans
Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by VISTIN(m): 1:46pm On Jun 08, 2015
I will not doubt him, but he simply means there's trouble in the land.

If the police we know are the least corrupt in their order, then other agencies must be doing the unimaginable.

I didn't say anything. They're your friends
Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by 9jatatafo(m): 1:48pm On Jun 08, 2015
Let IGP know that his monitoring teams fighting the so called road blocks and extortion are also taking serious bribes. When they arrest officers, they charge huge amounts to free them. NPF is a shame and I am so disappointed in this IGP for saying that the NPF is the least corrupt parastatal in Nigeria. Roger is going on steady. Fela don talk am before, police station don turn to bank, DPO na bank manager. And for the IGP please pay the police well and not this meagre sum you call salary if truly you want to fight corruption in the NPF
Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jun 08, 2015
I laugh sotay my lecturer call me come front of class to read wetin i just read,all the whole class just burst into laugh,kai.basketmouth dey learn comedy grin
Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by philips70(m): 1:49pm On Jun 08, 2015
LordMecuzy:
Somehow true shaaa... If my Uncle a director with a federal government parastatal can buy 3 dupelex in Asokoro and 2 Duplex in Utako after just 3months on that appointment

Report him to EFCC and ICPC. tongue
Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by cjrane: 1:50pm On Jun 08, 2015
Just as Obasanjo and Abacha never stole.
Nigerian don't know what they are talking about. grin grin grin
Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by Spells(m): 2:22pm On Jun 08, 2015
May the curse of Mary S and 9 illegitimate children be upon that iGP for saying so.... Mtcwheeeeee
Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jun 08, 2015
This Nigerian police joke made my day! Very laughable! grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by andyanders: 2:28pm On Jun 08, 2015
DaBullIT:
Ahhhh IGP you can lie o

If police wan corrupt nko ?

I think the IGP was not in his right sense when he made that comment or he is not aware that his secretary included that comment.The Nigerian Police, the most corrupt in the whole world.
Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by charlesucheh(m): 2:32pm On Jun 08, 2015
I agree with the IG 100%. Because, we see the police everyday interacting and collecting what's not up to what most of us spend in bars on one sitting, then we tend to throw abuses on them. Let's check; there's a body charged with the responsibility of ensuring that the welfare of the Nigerian police is optimally enjoyed by an average police officer,from your everyday activities and observation, can you conclusively say if that body has been efficient?
Now let's logically do this : If our police barracks, stations and equipments(eg ammunitions,arms,cars and other gadgets) are standardized, wouldn't there have been a reduced rate of police corruption?
If benefits, salaries, renumerations and allowances are paid as at when due, don't you think bribery would have been drastically reduced on their path?
I say today, that REAL corrupt ones are those bodies streched from the FG, the police service commission and even the IG (specifically not ARASE).
ARASE has started the cleansing process, but i say today that it must start from the top(AIG's,DIG's,Commissioners). The issue of budgeting and implementation must be strictly monitored till it gets down to the last officer uninterrupted. Until then, IG Arase might just be on a wild goose chase.

Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by wearerelated: 2:36pm On Jun 08, 2015
He could be correct. Sincerely! N20 in 1million places is just N20m

but some other instititions do N20m in 1million places = 20,000,000,000,000 (20trillion)

You see, he's right
Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by charlesucheh(m): 2:37pm On Jun 08, 2015
andyanders:

I think the IGP was not in his right sense when he made that comment or he is not aware that his secretary included that comment.The Nigerian Police, the most corrupt in the whole world.
Are they more corrupt than your father? Or you think the little education you acquired was sponsored Legitimately!! Guy! Ask your father very well.
Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by Neplusultra(f): 2:42pm On Jun 08, 2015
Yimu undecided
Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by isaco(m): 2:57pm On Jun 08, 2015
All Nigerians r corrupt except a few, if u r not corrupt let me see ur hands up n tell me ur work.
Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jun 08, 2015
Hmmmmm! E spirit d corp #smh
Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by Limah01: 3:06pm On Jun 08, 2015
If I hear

1 Like

Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by Oiselenjakhian(m): 3:08pm On Jun 08, 2015
Hello Everyone. My company Dreamquest Multimedia has just released a commemorative game on the recent victory by the APC.

You can download it for free on the Google Play store here -> https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=Dreamquest+Multimedia&hl=en

Please contact me if you need web development, interactive media and game development services. My number is +2349032291323.
Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by Lasgidy1(m): 3:13pm On Jun 08, 2015
NPF least corrupt institution? Dat one na word and opposite o. Coz NPF hz been corrupt for ages. No be today, it have tayed... in Gordon's voice

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Northern Group To Buhari: Scrap NDDC, NEDC / Sanwo-Olu Praises Professionalism Of RRS Official Assaulted By Driver / Buhari Approves Construction Of ₦21 Billion 14-Bed Space Presidential Clinic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.