Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,274 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:36 PM

IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions (18429 Views)

No Ban On Public Protest - IGP Says / Nigeria’s Leader May Be The Least Corrupt In Africa- Washington Post / Jega Faults IGP, Says No Law Bars Waiting After Voting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by Nobody: 11:58am On Jun 08, 2015
Hmmm.... Stories!
Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by manutdrichie(m): 11:58am On Jun 08, 2015
Yeah
Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by Adekorya: 11:58am On Jun 08, 2015
Mogidi:
I agree with the IGP, Tinubu is also the most incorruptible politician in the universe, after Ibori.

He maybe right If and only If Abacha is incorruptible
Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by deejayALFY(m): 11:59am On Jun 08, 2015
TUFIAKWA...STORY FOR AMADIOHA..PMB WIL SURELY SANITISE EVRY ASPECT OF OUR DEAR NATION NAIJA. CLIKE LIKE IF U BLIV WHT IGP SAID...HIT SHARE IF U BLIV IN PMB REIGN

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by adebayo201: 11:59am On Jun 08, 2015
The IG said bail is free! Help lines have been provided where you can supply information. You can call to inform that you went to this station and paid this amount and I can assure you, action will be taken. Bail is free, the monitoring teams are going round to practically deal with those avenues that can lead to corruption.

wake me up when this is true...

2 Likes

Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by ramdris(m): 11:59am On Jun 08, 2015
Dats his own opinion sha.
Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jun 08, 2015
Okay, the court has taken judicial notice....
Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by Superstar007(m): 12:01pm On Jun 08, 2015
It's the truth!
When the police collect money at the checkpoint for offences you committed or the ones you are yet to commit, that's just tipping.

When they shoot innocent people for committing offences best known to them, that's just accidental discharge or the suspect was evading arrest.

When they arrest innocent people for what they know nothing about, that's just part of the investigation remember you are guilty in Nigeria until proven otherwise.
Even though they have to pay for bail when they didn't commit any offense, though bail is free. You must pay for spending the night in their cell after all they were providing shelter for you and maybe feeding you too.

After all, the NNPC couldn't account for 20 bn dollars and the politicians in Nass, HOR, and the various parastatals in the country are getting richer by the day from feeding fat from the country's common wealth. So, why should the Police be the most currupt instistution in the country? For all they know, them still dey learn work where these guys dey.

4 Likes

Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by alaoeri: 12:01pm On Jun 08, 2015
The IG is high on cow dung cheesy, maybe he meant most corrupt.
Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by mekstaniac(m): 12:03pm On Jun 08, 2015
He's a slowpoke for saying this
Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by omogin(f): 12:04pm On Jun 08, 2015
He has his facts
Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by Tex42(m): 12:04pm On Jun 08, 2015
I no blame the IG jor! Even people wey know how "$20b" take lost dey claim say them no dey corrupt.
Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by Sagamite(m): 12:04pm On Jun 08, 2015
oludashmi:
At the annual symposium during a Feast of Barracuda organised by the National Association of Seadogs, the Inspector General of Police, Mr. Solomon Arase, has declared the Nigerian Police as the least corrupt officers compared to all other institutions in Nigeria.

Arase who was represented by the Commissioner of Police, Federal Capital Territory, Mr. Wilson Inalegwu said that the practical step to deal with corruption was to dismantle road blocks by Police and the establishment of Monitoring Teams to ensure compliance across the country.

The IGP also said bail is free and urged Nigerians to call their helplines whenever they are asked to make payment for bail and promised that such officers would be dealt with.

He said: “The IG said he is allergic to corruption and since then he has taken practical steps to deal with the issue of corruption, both the history of corruption and perception of corruption of the Nigeria Police Force.

“One of the first things he did was to set up the IGP’s Monitoring Teams. First of all the decision by the Police Management Team was to take out roadblocks across all our highways. It was not just to dismantle it, he set up the IGP Monitoring Team to ensure that these directives are enforced.”

“If you go across most of our highways now roadblocks have been reduced to the barest minimum, and anybody mounting roadblocks, does that at his risk.

“Presentations are also made where Commissioners of Police are invited to look at the situations across the country right from the condition of suspects in Police cells and they have a technical platform that enable them to monitor the behaviour and conduct of police officers on the road as they handle suspects.

“The IG said bail is free! Help lines have been provided where you can supply information. You can call to inform that you went to this station and paid this amount and I can assure you, action will be taken. Bail is free, the monitoring teams are going round to practically deal with those avenues that can lead to corruption.

More here http://www.nigerianheadlines.com/igp-says-police-is-the-least-corrupt-of-all-nigerian-institutions/

This officially tells us that we have a moronic fuuktard as Inspector General of Police.

Solomom Arase is a moronic fuuktard!

How the hell this fooooool can call the robbers and murderers in uniform, that we moronically call the Police, the least corrupt is beyond me.

What research and analysis did the cretin conduct to come to that conclusion?

The moronic fuuktard keeps on referring to calling the Police helplines. Anyone with a brain would have provided the helpline numbers to the public.

What proportion of Nigerians know what the fck the helpline numbers are to be able to make the call. This on its own shows that this cretin is either incompetent or stuuupid, or worse still, both.

4 Likes

Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by Abugab(m): 12:05pm On Jun 08, 2015
If the police is the least corrupt institution in Nigeria it means we have a big fight on our hands.
Can't say more than this as I need to go grab a quick breakfast

2 Likes

Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by MARKone(m): 12:05pm On Jun 08, 2015
Sincerely speaking, if the IG made such statement, it is enough reason to Sack him. One who is living in denial, who doesn't know the true situation and what is obtainable under his commands, should have never been elevated to the rank of an of IG.
Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by klax(m): 12:06pm On Jun 08, 2015
POLICE !!!!
Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by babilicious: 12:07pm On Jun 08, 2015
Yeah right......in his deluded mind...smh
Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by jawjaw1: 12:08pm On Jun 08, 2015
Oga IGP, please don't let me question your ability to guide the NPF in the direction of change we are currently driving towards.

Tell us the police is making every effort to improve and I will understand, but don't tell me it is the least corrupt institution in Nigeria.

Just a trip between Agabara and Seme Border in Lagos will make anyone ashamed of what policemen who should be protecting Nigerians are doing on the road.

Personally, I was a victim of extortion a few weeks ago by young police officers from Aguda police station in Surulere, Lagos.

My opinion is that the NPF is in a critical condition and only a timely serious surgery can save it.

1 Like

Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by speaktome(m): 12:09pm On Jun 08, 2015
Baba where are the Help lines
Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by NairalandFAYOSE(m): 12:10pm On Jun 08, 2015
[color=#990000][/color] I guess d IGP most be high on some cheap unrefined weed
Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by Mightyify(m): 12:11pm On Jun 08, 2015
Nobody has said anything reasonable to disprove the facts he presented. He never said police are not corrupt rather he said they are the least corrupt and went on to outline the strategy they have put in place to further reduce it.

Roadblocks and bail have been the major areas in which police men engage in corrupt practices... Now effort are in place to checkmate it. For me that's a nice move, kudos to Nigeria Police!

Somebody should help me with the help lines... Time to deal with some officers.

1 Like

Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by iamdjtune: 12:12pm On Jun 08, 2015
Has anyone heard this song?.. Story for the gods, the gods oh!!

Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jun 08, 2015
Where is the number to call, because a policeman in trans amadi Portharcourt dubbed me right in his office, nothing was done.

I am not afraid to report him, if that is the right place to report, i don't want to dubbed again o.

Police are the 1st class 419 in Nigeria quote me and I'll give you every details
Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by ugoezeik(m): 12:15pm On Jun 08, 2015
pls oga poli, which number I go call if am ask to pay money for bail because after I finish reading dis ur trash I no com see where d number wey we fit call if we where ask to pay for bail. oya provide
Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by perfectcrush(m): 12:15pm On Jun 08, 2015
luvinhubby:
I concur, because the cummulative of the N50 'roger' that all policemen in Nigeria collects in year is not up to what one honourable thief collects from house of reps.
Abeg make una free o/c.

Oga,have u not seen or heard of cases were condemned criminals re bailed with sums up to 2million naira and @ tyms above.... nd d money goes into whose purse? go to state .
CID and see how these folks in black make millions daily 4rm bail money. Worst of all is worth I term "blood money" were police exchange condemn criminals with innocent people in dere custody 4 some millons... condemn criminals re spared and released, while innocent ones re killed

1 Like

Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jun 08, 2015
[deleted]

1 Like

Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by charly4lyf(m): 12:16pm On Jun 08, 2015
Did he truly say that
Adon bilif it

Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by bebene: 12:17pm On Jun 08, 2015
IGP should remember that this is not the stealing is not corruption gvt that he is used to
Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by Cadamlk: 12:17pm On Jun 08, 2015
If that statement actually came from a police chief,then I have every course to say his appointment corrupt
Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by ugoezeik(m): 12:19pm On Jun 08, 2015
adebayo201:
The IG said bail is free! Help lines have been provided where you can supply information. You can call to inform that you went to this station and paid this amount and I can assure you, action will be taken. Bail is free, the monitoring teams are going round to practically deal with those avenues that can lead to corruption.

wake me up when this is true...
lolsssssss chisos! Bro u beta kip siripin oooo because dis joke wey oga olopa de joke so he no go finisham on tym
Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by HopeAlive14(m): 12:19pm On Jun 08, 2015
Story!
Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by Masculity(m): 12:20pm On Jun 08, 2015
This is super story!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Those Booing Fayose Were Paid By Fayemi - Lere Olayinka / Zamfara: Oshiomhole Has Destroyed APC- Tunji Abayomi / Labor Party's Spokesman, Arabambi Abayomi Disowns Presidential Campaign Team

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.