Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,099 members, 7,821,801 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:45 PM

IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions (18432 Views)

No Ban On Public Protest - IGP Says / Nigeria’s Leader May Be The Least Corrupt In Africa- Washington Post / Jega Faults IGP, Says No Law Bars Waiting After Voting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by signz: 12:21pm On Jun 08, 2015
If true, then we are in a bigger trouble than i formally thought
Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by ugoezeik(m): 12:21pm On Jun 08, 2015
omogin:
He has his facts
wch fact? my frnd no let me meet u dia. I knw say u get olopa for famiri, so no com hia nau de claim or else.....
Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by ugoezeik(m): 12:22pm On Jun 08, 2015
pls oga poli, which number I go call if am ask to pay money for bail because after I finish reading dis ur trash I no com see where d number wey we fit call if we where ask to pay for bail. oya provide
Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by Masculity(m): 12:24pm On Jun 08, 2015
ugoezeik:
pls oga poli, which number I go call if am ask to pay money for bail because after I finish reading dis ur trash I no com see where d number wey we fit call if we where ask to pay for bail. oya provide

they will provide you with unreachable number. Dont even waste your time.
Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by perfectcrush(m): 12:25pm On Jun 08, 2015
LordMecuzy:
Somehow true shaaa... If my Uncle a director with a federal government parastatal can buy 3 dupelex in Asokoro and 2 Duplex in Utako after just 3months on that appointment

Oga,have u not seen or heard of cases were condemned criminals re bailed with sums up to 2million naira and @ tyms above.... nd d money goes into whose purse? go to state .
CID and see how these folks in black make millions daily 4rm bail money. Worst of all is worth I term "blood money" were police exchange condemn criminals with innocent people in dere custody 4 some millons... condemn criminals re spared and released, while innocent ones re killed
Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by Eberex(m): 12:29pm On Jun 08, 2015

Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by sss2015: 12:30pm On Jun 08, 2015
oludashmi:
At the annual symposium during a Feast of Barracuda organised by the National Association of Seadogs, the Inspector General of Police, Mr. Solomon Arase, has declared the Nigerian Police as the least corrupt officers compared to all other institutions in Nigeria.

Arase who was represented by the Commissioner of Police, Federal Capital Territory, Mr. Wilson Inalegwu said that the practical step to deal with corruption was to dismantle road blocks by Police and the establishment of Monitoring Teams to ensure compliance across the country.

The IGP also said bail is free and urged Nigerians to call their helplines whenever they are asked to make payment for bail and promised that such officers would be dealt with.

He said: “The IG said he is allergic to corruption and since then he has taken practical steps to deal with the issue of corruption, both the history of corruption and perception of corruption of the Nigeria Police Force.

“One of the first things he did was to set up the IGP’s Monitoring Teams. First of all the decision by the Police Management Team was to take out roadblocks across all our highways. It was not just to dismantle it, he set up the IGP Monitoring Team to ensure that these directives are enforced.”

“If you go across most of our highways now roadblocks have been reduced to the barest minimum, and anybody mounting roadblocks, does that at his risk.

“Presentations are also made where Commissioners of Police are invited to look at the situations across the country right from the condition of suspects in Police cells and they have a technical platform that enable them to monitor the behaviour and conduct of police officers on the road as they handle suspects.

“The IG said bail is free! Help lines have been provided where you can supply information. You can call to inform that you went to this station and paid this amount and I can assure you, action will be taken. Bail is free, the monitoring teams are going round to practically deal with those avenues that can lead to corruption.

More here http://www.nigerianheadlines.com/igp-says-police-is-the-least-corrupt-of-all-nigerian-institutions/

Story for gods
Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by Haywhymido(m): 12:32pm On Jun 08, 2015
If NPF is d least corrupt institution in nigeria den we av nt hope.
Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by Amhappy(f): 12:34pm On Jun 08, 2015
Police is in top three most corrupt institutions in Nigeria
Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by vision2050: 12:36pm On Jun 08, 2015
For you to admit that Police institute is corrupt I'm careless either it least corrupt or much. What I know is that Police is a devil institution. this devil call police are mad people.
Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by jossyj: 12:36pm On Jun 08, 2015
I'm begining to suspect this Arase as the greatest thief among all of them.
Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by jossyj: 12:39pm On Jun 08, 2015
signz:
If true, then we are in a bigger trouble than i formally thought

chai. Madu anwuo neba.
Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by berrystunn(m): 12:41pm On Jun 08, 2015
IG
if we hear ........
Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by jossyj: 12:42pm On Jun 08, 2015
Are they supposed to be corrupt in the first plac?

1 Like

Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by 1009ja: 12:44pm On Jun 08, 2015
CUSTOMS is the most corrupt in terms of amount of naira per incident. The customs comptroller general is one of the richest billionaries. Ask Atiku how he started his CORRUPTION Inc. He did that as a customs senior officer in Lagos. PMB should overhaul the way customs does its work. No economy will grow to desired level when every private entrepreneur has to make financial provisions for Customs, Police, Road Safety, Local Government Agbero boys, VIOs, LASMA.

1 Like

Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by funlord(m): 12:44pm On Jun 08, 2015
grin
I.G said he was only joking na? He recanted that statement and made a new 1 this afternoon saying..."Yes, I am aware that WE are actually the most corrupt, savage and confused police force on planet earth! We are not YOUR friends until you manage to steal govt. Funds! Pray for PMB to sanitise us or else YOU nigerians are still doomed!"....I.G arase!
Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by peleson: 12:47pm On Jun 08, 2015
LordMecuzy:
Somehow true shaaa... If my Uncle a director with a federal government parastatal can buy 3 dupelex in Asokoro and 2 Duplex in Utako after just 3months on that appointment
Which parastatal? I feel this
Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by Acekidc4(m): 12:48pm On Jun 08, 2015
This is the Joke of the Year!! Mr Arase must be a Comediangringrin
Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jun 08, 2015
grin cheesy grin
Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by signz: 12:50pm On Jun 08, 2015
jossyj:

chai. Madu anwuo neba.

cheesy
Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jun 08, 2015
In my own state Ebonyi the NPF they still mount road block at Enugu_Abakaliki road by 7:00 pm at presko Junction before and after presko Junction and at Onueke_Afikpo road at nkwegu Junction before Barack if you are coming from Afikpo to Abakaliki by 7:pm. Serious road block they policemen at the two Junction are the worst corrupt policemen with 99% corruption Roger
Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by ICEMAN(m): 12:53pm On Jun 08, 2015
The Nigerian police force are seconded only by the criminals they arrest of which category they are even a large group. IGP who do you think you're talking to? The average Nigerian policeman is a professional extortionist. International correspondents of a wide variety have videotaped them repeatedly collecting bribes. You can watch many on YouTube if you want. IGP do not insult our intelligence. We do not trust or feel safe around the Nigerian police and bail is technically free but your boys are still taking it under the table! The Nigerian police are trash!
Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jun 08, 2015
Right... Police is the least corrupt institution... And pigs fly at night.
Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by bola4dprec(m): 12:55pm On Jun 08, 2015
luvinhubby:
I concur, because the cummulative of the N50 'roger' that all policemen in Nigeria collects in year is not up to what one honourable thief collects from house of reps.
Abeg make una free o/c.
Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by seedorfg(m): 12:56pm On Jun 08, 2015
grin , oga IGD you can

Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by kwaraguy(m): 12:59pm On Jun 08, 2015
Am I dreaming? Somebody pls wake me
Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by ajepako(f): 1:01pm On Jun 08, 2015
Thunder wey go fire this man go get seasons 1 to 10
Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by onyxo76(m): 1:07pm On Jun 08, 2015
dumbest statement i've heard in a long time...
Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by holyokoto(m): 1:10pm On Jun 08, 2015
This Man is DRUNK!
Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by eluquenson(m): 1:11pm On Jun 08, 2015
They are least corrupt really? which they have so many miserable staffs in Nigeria.
Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jun 08, 2015
Tafa Balogun nko
An institution that is rotten through and through right from time
Re: IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions by OLUWAFUNMISE(f): 1:12pm On Jun 08, 2015
Thank God you know, meanwhile not the least because you people are hungry lions grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Deji Adeyanju Re-Arrested In Abuja / Northern Group To Buhari: Scrap NDDC, NEDC / LASEPA Shuts Churches, Mosques, Bars & Hotels In Alimosho For Noise Pollution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.