Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,203 members, 7,835,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

Appealing The Refusal Of A British Student Visa: Intricacies - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Appealing The Refusal Of A British Student Visa: Intricacies (17312 Views)

Nigerian-British Student Designs A Cathedral With Cereal Boxes (Photos) / ND University Lady Tortured, Poisoned Over Refusal To Join Fraternity / What You Need To Know About Student Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Appealing The Refusal Of A British Student Visa: Intricacies by CHOCHORI(m): 4:12pm On Sep 22, 2006
sorry the email is monddallars2k3@yahoo.com
Re: Appealing The Refusal Of A British Student Visa: Intricacies by Akolawole(m): 1:27am On Sep 23, 2006
VOR:

True,

But in the main what we are talking about here is student visa refusals and all such decisions are appealable.

There are exception sir.

1) If the course you intend to study is less than 6 months, you don't have the remedy of Appeal

2) If the ECO( Entry clearance officer treats your application when the enrolment letter had lapsed, you are not entitled for a right of appeal.

Unless another law was enforced yesterday by Mr Reid, i tought you say you once worked for immigration { just joking grin}
Re: Appealing The Refusal Of A British Student Visa: Intricacies by Blue2(m): 12:54pm On Sep 23, 2006
My advice is that you should foregt appealing, if you still intend to go for your studies that reapply. appeal takes too long, just address the points the ECO made on your refusal letter in ur next application. These ECO dey Kolo (mad) sometimes! Best of luck
Re: Appealing The Refusal Of A British Student Visa: Intricacies by Nobody: 6:45pm On Sep 23, 2006
well since we have some immigration experts here e.g VOR and AKOLAWOLE

may i digress from student visa refusals to WHM refusals

i was denied a WHM visa in 2004 , i had travelled to the UK the year before on a visiting visa

i appealed and it was denied in January 2005, the reasons for the refusal were that they did not believe i would return to nigeria after the expiration of the visa.

since then i have had skeletal employment( good job in naija is not easy to find) anyways I got a new job the pay is good about N140, 000.00 per month. I resume in OCTOBER 2006

well now I want to apply for a visiting visa to travel in December

so I ask
1. will the previuos refusal affect my application
2.what do i need to submit to prove my application is sincere

I just want to know how they think so i dont get another refusal cos I dont like wastiong money on visa fees o!
Re: Appealing The Refusal Of A British Student Visa: Intricacies by VOR(m): 12:05am On Sep 24, 2006
Akolawole

Thank you for your clarification.
You are quite correct, although
there is a residual right of appeal on
human rights grounds. But that is of
course a whole different issue.

Salsera

Each application for a visa is supposed to be considered on its
merits and in theory a previous refusal should not necessarily mean
you will be refused again. Having said that it is only natural that the reasons for
a previous refusal will be considered along with any subsequent application.

In your case you have certain facts in you favour. One, the refusal was two years ago,
two, your personal circumstances have altered since then. You now say you have a job
and are in gainful employment, this is to your advantage as you have a reason to return to Nigeria.
Provided you meet the other elements of being a visitor, eg sufficient funds and accommodation
for your visit and a good sponsor in the UK etc you should in theory not have a problem.
I say in theory because ultimately it is down to the individual ECO making the decision and his or
her individual discretion. Everyone is different, there are rules and guidelines but you cannot completely rule out
an individuals viewpoint.

In addition, when you visited the UK in 2003 did you comply with your conditions. That is to say did not overstay
your visa or even the lenght of time you told the ECO you would be visiting the UK for?

Hope the above is helpful.

Akolawole Baba,

Anything to add to the above?

Maybe we should set up a consultancy
and charge Nairalanders. Of course on a no win no fee basis. grin grin grin
Re: Appealing The Refusal Of A British Student Visa: Intricacies by Nobody: 12:28pm On Sep 24, 2006
@VOR

no i didnt overstay to be precise when i travelled in 2003 I stayed for just over three months, i only even stayed thay long because my parents were in the US and my sister serving NYSC so there was noone living in our house.
Re: Appealing The Refusal Of A British Student Visa: Intricacies by bumpyjohn(m): 12:57pm On Sep 24, 2006
applied for a student visa to Uk in august, however my application was refuse due to lack of sponsorship this is what the consular wrote ‘whilst you have evidence of fund, you have not indicated evidence of their origin, the documents (financial) you have shown largely stands in isolation in the absence of your sponsors business, income or the origin of these funds. What happen was that presented an account with a fixed deposit of 15million naira, together with a current account that is like 300,000 naira. The fixed deposit expires on the day I turned in application. I have decided to reapply again with a deferment letter from my uk school, and my sponsor has given me his salary current account detail with which he just lodged 15million naira after a balance of 100,000 before, though in addition to this he has collected a letter from there HR manager (Exxon Mobil) to the consular in Lagos which states that he has been in working with them for nine years and his salary annually+ allowances is 9million.Please I need you honest advice, Like how many weeks can I wait before applying for the visa since my sponsor just lodged the money? VOR, Femilangy ? , i need your honest advice i will appreciate your personal e-mail so that we can chat better
Re: Appealing The Refusal Of A British Student Visa: Intricacies by ronkebaby(f): 1:28pm On Sep 24, 2006
VOR

Pls, could u forward to me ur landline no? We need to chat if u don't mind and I hope u reply my mail soon!.
Re: Appealing The Refusal Of A British Student Visa: Intricacies by VOR(m): 11:46pm On Sep 24, 2006
Ronke

Check the last e-mail I sent to you I believe I included it .

BumpyJohn

I will respond to you soon. Hopefully
by Wednesday.
Re: Appealing The Refusal Of A British Student Visa: Intricacies by gbengaijot(m): 9:52am On Sep 25, 2006
@salser, i think you shouldnt have problemks with reapplying, i once applied for a working holiday, and i was refused, 7 months later, i applied for a visiting visa, and i was given. You might want to send me an email so i can give you more details,

I am beginning to loke this thread,
Re: Appealing The Refusal Of A British Student Visa: Intricacies by mrpataki(m): 2:37pm On Sep 25, 2006
@ Salsera
Evidence showing that you are gainfully employed, would be a proof to the ECO that you havea ground through which you would like to return to the country, as well if you can geta leeter from your company stating to the effect that you would be on holidays for that period of time you intend going for your hols in UK, it would add weight to your application. Wish you all the best.
Re: Appealing The Refusal Of A British Student Visa: Intricacies by Nobody: 7:34pm On Sep 25, 2006
@mrpataki

thanks, I do have my letter of employment, aalthough i doubt i can get a letter stating i'm going on my leave. Its a new job, starting Oct so i'll still be on probation for 6 months. I want to go during the xmas and new year holidays( 1 week) when the office will close for the year.

@ gbengajoit
its good to hear from someone whos been in my shoes, send mail right now

i dey like this thread too, some good advice flowing here
Re: Appealing The Refusal Of A British Student Visa: Intricacies by Daviddj(m): 8:09pm On Sep 25, 2006
I want to thank all nairalanders for this thread.I also applied for a student Visa,but l was denied too,after paying a deposit of 4500 pounds for school fees and 350 pounds for accomodation fees.Although,l have reapplied again, and also l had to change my sponsor now since they complained about my previous sponsor,which they said that there was not enough documentary evidence to show genuine sponsorship.I am waiting for them to hear if there will be another new gist.
Re: Appealing The Refusal Of A British Student Visa: Intricacies by Akolawole(m): 9:00am On Sep 26, 2006
VOR:

Akolawole

Thank you for your clarification.
You are quite correct, although

Akolawole Baba,

Anything to add to the above?

Maybe we should set up a consultancy

Stop flattering me o.

Your first two comments gave you away as an expert in this field.

Consultancy: em em, i reserve my comment o.

What wonders me is those so called Lagos Visa agents,who collects loads of money from people YET dont even know the provisions of paragraph 57.
Re: Appealing The Refusal Of A British Student Visa: Intricacies by mrpataki(m): 12:27pm On Sep 26, 2006
@ Salsera
Thanks for the reply. If you need more information please do not hesistate to get in touch with me.

@Daviddj
Did you apply through the same consulate you used in your earlier application? Anyways just stay hoopeful and lets pray it comes out favorable in yor case. Wisy you all the best anyways.
Re: Appealing The Refusal Of A British Student Visa: Intricacies by twinkledew(f): 5:24pm On Sep 27, 2006
you can sue them if your reasons are right. me friend sued the home office, they did not take it to court just in case they loose. he has been given a visa now.
Re: Appealing The Refusal Of A British Student Visa: Intricacies by twinkledew(f): 5:27pm On Sep 27, 2006
@ VOR

U can say whatever u wanna say. but dude i know what am talking about.
Re: Appealing The Refusal Of A British Student Visa: Intricacies by twinkledew(f): 5:29pm On Sep 27, 2006
VOR the consultant.
Re: Appealing The Refusal Of A British Student Visa: Intricacies by olusola200: 1:19pm On Sep 29, 2006
the so called appeal is just to test if Ur application is real follow it up they will grant u the visa ,u can contact me for more advice i am in London for [font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][color=#006600][/color][flash=200,200][/flash]now my no is 07958739079
Re: Appealing The Refusal Of A British Student Visa: Intricacies by Chxta(m): 6:06pm On Sep 29, 2006
This thread still on? I thought Ronke would be in the UK by now. . .
Re: Appealing The Refusal Of A British Student Visa: Intricacies by Nobody: 6:16pm On Sep 29, 2006
@Chxta

did you read her post or any of the others at all?
she asked for advice on APPEALING the refusal that alone doesn't take a months but rather MONTHS. Not to to talk of reapplying which would have meant booking an appointment at the embassy.
Re: Appealing The Refusal Of A British Student Visa: Intricacies by Chxta(m): 6:30pm On Sep 29, 2006
I made contributions to this thread ages ago. Adviced her to reapply. That takes three weeks nowadays if I'm not mistaken. Or am I?
Re: Appealing The Refusal Of A British Student Visa: Intricacies by Nobody: 10:08pm On Sep 29, 2006
well i suppose ronke should let us know if reapplying did the the trick although her question was appling for a visiting visa after she had been refused the student visa

cos even reapplying for the student visa immediately wouldnt help admission because i'm sure its too late for that.

anyways smiley
Re: Appealing The Refusal Of A British Student Visa: Intricacies by Akolawole(m): 4:58am On Sep 30, 2006
twinkledew:

VOR the consultant.

twinkledew:

@ VOR

U can say whatever u want to say. but dude i know what am talking about.

Sister, Please dont crucify him.

I dont know him from Adam but he is absolutely right.

@VOR

One of few reasons i am taken aback on purpoted Student visa thread i want to launch.
Re: Appealing The Refusal Of A British Student Visa: Intricacies by VOR(m): 10:51pm On Sep 30, 2006
Akolawole

Thank-you for springing to my defence. I didn't want to dignify twinkledew's post with a response as I detected
an underlying current of bitterness and bad belle in it.

Sorry, I didn't quite understand thee second point you made about your purported student visa thread.
Re: Appealing The Refusal Of A British Student Visa: Intricacies by Akolawole(m): 11:20pm On Sep 30, 2006
VOR:

Sorry, I didn't quite understand thee second point you made about your purported student visa thread.

I mean in an advisory thread like this, one need to be careful on the choice of words else there will be bashing! bashing!! and Bashing.

I intend to launch a similar thread BUT
Re: Appealing The Refusal Of A British Student Visa: Intricacies by VOR(m): 11:30pm On Sep 30, 2006
Yeah I understand what you mean about bashers.
But don't let them put you off. Best thing to do is ignore
such people.

Go ahead and start it or just add it to this thread.
I'm sure people out there will benefit from your
obvious knowledge.
Re: Appealing The Refusal Of A British Student Visa: Intricacies by Nobody: 3:12pm On Oct 01, 2006
i too wuz refused on d ground dat i did not summit other evidence of ma sponsor's(father) claimed income? i really dont know wat this guys want? They've got da bank statement and all dat?

I believe u can only appeal if u feel u deserve the visa and u were refused, meaning dat u ve gotting every paper needed and yet denied.

I dont think i have d right to appeal, beside my father in otherside the country, i cant get his C.O.I, Receipt booklets, contract deals, LPO, and all dat,

I have defer ma september adm. 4 nxt, and applying a skool in February so dat i can apply properly

Wat u y'all think, holla me folks
Re: Appealing The Refusal Of A British Student Visa: Intricacies by saokea(m): 4:21pm On Oct 01, 2006
funkybaby is right.I was also refused a student visa.I had paid tuition fee of 4,300 pounds and 250 pounds for accommodation and i was still refused.Appealing shows that you are serious and have genuine reasons to go and study.I think what the British people are doing now is politically motivated.It is not likely you will lose the appeal case if you have genuine documents.The lagos are just terrible.I am sure they don't read applications very well.They just refuse and give you appeal knowing that people will not likely appeal.
Appeal is the best option.
Re: Appealing The Refusal Of A British Student Visa: Intricacies by Akolawole(m): 5:05pm On Oct 01, 2006
@Saokea

£250 for accomodation in UK?

Please note: You cant just appeal because you were given right of appeal.

You appeal only if you feel you are wrongly REFUSED.
Re: Appealing The Refusal Of A British Student Visa: Intricacies by yme5: 5:28pm On Oct 01, 2006
Na wah with all these refusals from this peeps,
anyways, i was rejected a student visa too, i just need advice from the experts in the house, if there is any on how to go about gettinga student Visa to Australia. Waiting for the appeal to pull through will be a waste of time for me.
please do not hesistate to hepl me out if you can with available information i might need for a student Visa to Australia in January next year.
Re: Appealing The Refusal Of A British Student Visa: Intricacies by DaSlEek(m): 1:34pm On Oct 02, 2006
VOR nd Akolawole this goes to you cos you are the Imigration advisers in the house.
I applied for student Visa last year september and was refused. stating that: whilst you have evidence of fund, you have not indicated evidence of their origin, the documents (financial) you have shown largely stands in isolation in the absence of your sponsors business, income or the origin of these funds. the account was my uncles, and so we decided to use his savings account with a balance of 3million, I had paid 600 pounds out of my 1000pounds college fee for a computer course of one year in London and also paid 200pounds to book a hostel, I was also refused again in December, I decided to go for an account in my dad's name you know of course how, with a balance of 9million and the same story but this time saying that I didnt explain why I choose the course and bla bla bla, Recently I applied again this time with another Mortagage acct and my personal acct of a balance of 400k and they said the same old story, I had been given rights to appeal all these while but i kept on applying, this time i want to apeal.
I need your advice, I have a family friend in the UK who had been there for about 15 years now and I want to know of what help would they be in my securing a student visa , Do I need to apply to another school? Do I use the same Passport? what documents do I need from them, I am badly in need of this I would appreciate your help as you have been helping on this wonderful thread .reply me on toluadepoyigi1@yahoo.com

which is better a college or a University?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Unn Admission / For The First Time In History,unilorin Produces 89 First Class Graduates In 2017 / Brief History Of Children’s Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.