Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,265 members, 7,836,206 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

Appealing The Refusal Of A British Student Visa: Intricacies - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Appealing The Refusal Of A British Student Visa: Intricacies (17313 Views)

Nigerian-British Student Designs A Cathedral With Cereal Boxes (Photos) / ND University Lady Tortured, Poisoned Over Refusal To Join Fraternity / What You Need To Know About Student Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Appealing The Refusal Of A British Student Visa: Intricacies by somebody(f): 10:49am On Oct 20, 2006
Salsera, did your cousin get her first degree in Nigeria or the UK. If she got her degree in the UK, she might stand a chance of getting a company to apply for a work permit for her. What sort of work has she been doing while on WHM? Little things like that can help her secure a job on a work permit.
Re: Appealing The Refusal Of A British Student Visa: Intricacies by Akolawole(m): 3:35pm On Oct 20, 2006
@Somebody

Nigeria's degree is equivalent to UK one ( according to NARIC)
Re: Appealing The Refusal Of A British Student Visa: Intricacies by ojuri: 7:38am On Oct 21, 2006
guys, can i ask a very serious question please my sponsor bank statements has been averaging btw 200k-400k for the past 6months.he just lodged 6million in it,is it advisable i use it to apply for student visa just a week after this lodgements?? what are the implication of this??
Re: Appealing The Refusal Of A British Student Visa: Intricacies by somebody(f): 10:41am On Oct 21, 2006
Akolawole, I don't doubt that a Nigerian degree is equivalent to a UK one but it is much easier to obtain a work eprmit for someone who has a UK degree.
Re: Appealing The Refusal Of A British Student Visa: Intricacies by Akolawole(m): 1:59am On Oct 22, 2006
somebody:

Akolawole, I don't doubt that a Nigerian degree is equivalent to a UK one but it is much easier to obtain a work eprmit for someone who has a UK degree.

Maybe in the speciality courses

I know a friend who have HND in Nigeria and got a work permit via a south Africa company in london, on condition that he goes for degree in the same field. He will finish the degree any moment from now at wesminster university(part time).

It is tougher these days sha.
Re: Appealing The Refusal Of A British Student Visa: Intricacies by Akolawole(m): 2:02am On Oct 22, 2006
ojuri:

guys, can i ask a very serious question please my sponsor bank statements has been averaging between 200k-400k for the past 6months.he just lodged 6million in it,is it advisable i use it to apply for student visa just a week after this lodgements?? what are the implication of this??

Are you the one that mail me?

If yes, can i copy the remainning issues from the mail here so that we tackle it here.
Re: Appealing The Refusal Of A British Student Visa: Intricacies by ojuri: 6:57am On Oct 22, 2006
@ Akolawole

yeah i was the one, i wouldnt mind discussing it here.i reallyappreciate
Re: Appealing The Refusal Of A British Student Visa: Intricacies by Nobody: 4:02pm On Oct 22, 2006
@somebody

her first degree is from Nigeria and as far as i know she had been working for some credit company dont know the details but it had to do with getting people to pay back their loans and debts

she wants to take a post graduate course in the UK but she was denied a student visa because they insisted that she should apply in Nigeria (her WHM visa expires in Dec)

Now we are all just looking at the options she has
Re: Appealing The Refusal Of A British Student Visa: Intricacies by Akolawole(m): 9:54pm On Oct 22, 2006
ojuri:

guys, can i ask a very serious question please my sponsor bank statements has been averaging between 200k-400k f[/b]or the past 6months.[b]he just lodged 6million in it,is it advisable i use it to apply for student visa just a week after this lodgements?? what are the implication of this??

I will be frank with you.

ECO is likely to raise the same eyebrow again.

Student visa applications need at least 4 months preparations in my own estimation.

ECO will look at the financial circumstances of the Sponsor very well.

But in your own situation, get all those documents you mentioned to me in the E-mail and send it along with your application.

Dont be afraid of the refusal, you can always fight it. In fact if you have appealed the last one, you would have been successful.

Good luck.
Re: Appealing The Refusal Of A British Student Visa: Intricacies by ojuri: 3:34pm On Oct 24, 2006
@ Akolawole, many thanks for the brief advise could you pls tell me if it will not be too late to submitt my application by december 14th since my school resumes on january 15th?
Re: Appealing The Refusal Of A British Student Visa: Intricacies by juggernaut: 5:00am On Oct 30, 2006
My visa to the UK was refused by the British High Commission in India.
I have now moved to the Thailand. I want to reapply, but not tell them that my visa was previously refused by BHC New DElhi.
Will the British High Commission in Bangkok be able to trace my past application on their computers if i donot tell them about a refusal.

Its basically lying but i am [pissed of with these guys
Re: Appealing The Refusal Of A British Student Visa: Intricacies by VOR(m): 10:54pm On Oct 30, 2006
juggernaut:

My visa to the UK was refused by the British High Commission in India.
I have now moved to the Thailand. I want to reapply, but not tell them that my visa was previously refused by BHC New DElhi.
Will the British High Commission in Bangkok be able to trace my past application on their computers if i donot tell them about a refusal.

Its basically lying but i am [pissed of with these guys

I can tell you for a fact you will not be able to conceal your previous refusal.
Re: Appealing The Refusal Of A British Student Visa: Intricacies by mrpataki(m): 4:47pm On Nov 08, 2006
@ Vor
No sir i disagree a bit on that line,
What if he tenders a new passport that does not show the refusal stamp on his passport. If he actually entered Thailand with another Nigerian passport.

@ Juggernaut
Did you use a new passport to enter Thailand? If yes then very well you can apply to the BHC easily without them knowing, if not so, i must say they will know you were once refused a leave to enter the UK.

I never knew this thread was still on, nice advice from Vor, Akolawole and the rest.
Re: Appealing The Refusal Of A British Student Visa: Intricacies by VOR(m): 12:43am On Nov 10, 2006
mrpataki:

@ Vor
No sir i disagree a bit on that line,
What if he tenders a new passport that does not show the refusal stamp on his passport. If he actually entered Thailand with another Nigerian passport.

@ Juggernaut
Did you use a new passport to enter Thailand? If yes then very well you can apply to the BHC easily without them knowing, if not so, i must say they will know you were once refused a leave to enter the UK.

I never knew this thread was still on, nice advice from Vor, Akolawole and the rest.

Mr Pataki,

I am afraid you are giving this guy bad advice.

Take it from me that if you apply for a visa in any UK embassy/High commission in the world
after having been refused in any other UK embassy or HC they will know, even if you get yourself
a new passport.

The only exception to this is if you change your identity, i.e name and date of birth or you happen to
get lucky and the visa officer does not carry out proper checks.

Remember we are living in the age of computers.
Re: Appealing The Refusal Of A British Student Visa: Intricacies by mrpataki(m): 12:48pm On Nov 10, 2006
@ Vor,
Thanks for the advice,
I am not going to prove my point to you as to the BHC getting to know whether you have had a previous travel experience with them or you had once lodged an application at any of their consulates and you were refused.
All i will say is that sometimes the truth does not pay saying it to these people. I am mindful of the fact that we live in an information driven world where computers and technology have evaded upon us for good, but my point still stands that it is very possible that my angle of thought to Juggernaut is be right.
We are all subject to learn everyday
Have a great day.
Re: Appealing The Refusal Of A British Student Visa: Intricacies by Akolawole(m): 3:33am On Nov 11, 2006
@Mr Important and others

King VOR is 100% right, in fact there was a time BHC used to search the address of Lagos applicants, that is they will check the applicant's address against previous applications from that particular House.

Address/Application search

I dont think they do that lately.

@VOR

Long time Baba.
Re: Appealing The Refusal Of A British Student Visa: Intricacies by VOR(m): 1:59am On Nov 12, 2006
@Akolawole

How u de?

Man de Kampe. Na oda matters de take man time these
days, but I still de visit here. I just no get time to de post as before.

Anyway regards.
Re: Appealing The Refusal Of A British Student Visa: Intricacies by mrpataki(m): 5:50pm On Nov 12, 2006
@ Akolawole
Thanks for the information and response as i earlier said to king Vor, we are all subject to learning.
Re: Appealing The Refusal Of A British Student Visa: Intricacies by Akolawole(m): 9:56pm On Nov 14, 2006
@Everyone

The Appeal process in some UK visa category e.g Workpermit and Student application will anytime from now go to dustbin of history.
UK immigration will veto the proposal any moment from now.

There is still immigration appeals of the other categories.
Re: Appealing The Refusal Of A British Student Visa: Intricacies by yme5: 7:58am On Nov 16, 2006
Good day to you Mr Akolawole, Vor, mrpataki, and the rest
PLease i need your advice a bit at the moment. I was denied a student visa for masters program in August, at the moment, i am appealing against the refusal.  As well my parents want me to come this December for xmas, i am in gainful employment presently, and i am thinking of applying to the embassy this Dec for a family visitor visa, what documents do you think i should submit, should i get a letter from the company i work with staing that i have been granted a leave for a while even though i just resumed. What are my chances really. As well i really doont know what docs i should submit this time around. Kinda confused really.
Re: Appealing The Refusal Of A British Student Visa: Intricacies by Akolawole(m): 3:38pm On Nov 16, 2006
yme?:

I was denied a student visa for masters program in August, at the moment, i am appealing against the refusal.  As well my parents want me to come this December for xmas, i am in gainful employment presently, and i am thinking of applying to the embassy this Dec for a family visitor visa, what documents do you think i should submit, should i get a letter from the company i work with staing that i have been granted a leave for a while even though i just resumed. What are my chances really. As well i really doont know what docs i should submit this time around. Kinda confused really.

Dont be confused.

At BHC, yesterday's, today's and future applications are "first Cousins"

You can always apply for visas at anytime but We(Me, VOR etc) need to know the following:

1) Upon what circumstances did you apply for the previous application e.g As you are with your present employer bla bla bla.

2) Your reason(s) of refusal is important. For example if one is refused based on fake documentation, there's absolutely no way the person could get through with them. (I AM NOT REFFERING TO YOUR OWN SITUATION SIR)

Please let us know few facts on previous application before we fire on

@VOR
1) Are you still in Croydon?
   If yes, which part? East, West, Norbury,T-heath or where?

2) Are you a Solicitor , member of OIS or immigration consultant?
Re: Appealing The Refusal Of A British Student Visa: Intricacies by yme5: 10:40am On Nov 17, 2006
Thanks for the reply,
Actually the reasons for refusal on the previous application was based on the fact the ECO said while you have evidence of funds, the origin of the funds could not be ascertained, by my parents bank account in the UK. It was a loan they took to facilitate for my masters program. All my documents were original as well, then, the company i am working for at the moment, i did a voluntary job without pay for them for 9months before i submitted my application for my masters at the british embassy. I showed them evidence of that as well.
Now my parents have contacted their local MP there, who also advised that i can apply at the embassy but i have to address all issues raised by the ECO in my refusal letter. Presently all my immediate family members are settled in the UK, i dont know how to prove to these guys that i do not intend to overstay my visit there. I have decided as well to look for other schools in Europe to further my education.
Re: Appealing The Refusal Of A British Student Visa: Intricacies by Akolawole(m): 9:18am On Nov 18, 2006
yme?:

Good day to you Mr Akolawole, Vor, mrpataki, and the rest
PLease i need your advice a bit at the moment. I was denied a student visa for masters program in August, at the moment, i am appealing against the refusal. As well my parents want me to come this December for xmas, i am in gainful employment presently, and i am thinking of applying to the embassy this Dec for a family visitor visa, what documents do you think i should submit, should i get a letter from the company i work with staing that i have been granted a leave for a while even though i just resumed. What are my chances really.

yme?:

Thanks for the reply,
Actually the reasons for refusal on the previous application was based on the fact the ECO said while you have evidence of funds, the origin of the funds could not be ascertained, by my parents bank account in the UK. It was a loan they took to facilitate for my masters program. All my documents were original as well, then, the company i am working for at the moment, i did a voluntary job without pay for them for 9months before i submitted my application for my masters at the british embassy. I showed them evidence of that as well.
Now my parents have contacted their local MP there, who also advised that i can apply at the embassy but i have to address all issues raised by the ECO in my refusal letter. Presently all my immediate family members are settled in the UK, i don't know how to prove to these guys that i do not intend to overstay my visit there. I have decided as well to look for other schools in Europe to further my education.

1) In your Parent's bank statement submitted, does it show that lump sum as loan?

2) Do they supply their payslips to back it up?

3) Who file the appeal for you? Uk solicitor, Lagos Lawyers, parents or you?

4) In my own estimation, Local MP(member of parliament) dont have a say on applications across the atlantic ocean. In fact they cant INFLUENCE the ECO. They do help locally though.
A vivid exampleis our own Kanu Nwakwo whose parent's application were refused few years ago. He personally wrote Tony Blair all to no avail.

5) A charity work is not viewed to be a tie to your home country.

6) who will be sponsoring December Trip?

7) Do you have your own bank satement in other?

cool Do you at anytime says you are engaged, married etc?

9) FINALLY, IS THERE ANY SIGNIFICANT CHANGE IN YOUR CIRCUMSTANCES SINCE LAST APPLICATION ?

Sorry, i ask too many questions? grin

Re: Appealing The Refusal Of A British Student Visa: Intricacies by yme5: 5:47pm On Nov 18, 2006
Thanks for the question will answer them serially now.
1. No it does not show it as a loan rather it was shown it was credited into her account by her bank.
2. Yes they supplied payslips then, bit they didnt supply evidence to show the said amount was a loan they took.
3. Lagos lawyer
4. Observation noted
5. Observation noted as well.
6. My parents again,
7. Yes i have my own bank statement here too but i didnt supply at my last application, as well my parents banks statement here in NIgeria which i will supply this time around for the application
8. No i am single and still searching sef grin
9. Presently am in gainful employment at the moment.
What is your email address incase you might want to review my refusal letter, hope am not asking for too much sir? undecided
Re: Appealing The Refusal Of A British Student Visa: Intricacies by marcwolex: 9:27am On Nov 19, 2006
I think we have to get something clear from this consular guys in Nigeria,I observe that over 80% of student visa refusal last august was based on the fact that, the embassy wants to ascertain the origin of the funds produce to embassy, this is despite having submitted payslips, bank statements,letter of appointment I will really like in-house guys (Vor,Akolawole and any knowledgeable guys) this question….

1.what is that particular document the cosular want sponsors to submit as evidence of
the fund? Could it be maybe they want the sponsor to state where he got the money
from in his letter to the consular?
Re: Appealing The Refusal Of A British Student Visa: Intricacies by ojuri: 11:03am On Nov 19, 2006
Yme,i feel like advising you, sometimes this thing could be complex if one does not properly studies reasons for initial refusal but could you kindly forward me your refusal notice so that i can give a proper advise
e-mail :donvigeo@yahoo.com
Re: Appealing The Refusal Of A British Student Visa: Intricacies by Akolawole(m): 1:49am On Nov 22, 2006
@yme

I am worried about few things

1) You were working unpaid for 9 months before your last application 3 months ago. Now it is a paid job, are you saying they granted you leave within few months of working?

2) I have seen in yourprevious post that you are ready to get student visas to other part of the world. My brother, NOT ALL EUROPE ARE EUROPE.

3) The lump sum in yourparents account may be worrisome to ECO as well.

4) In your grounds of appeal prepared by Lagos lawyer, (1) did he ask for oral hearing? (2) Did he list your parents as witness?

There is no harm in trying the Visitors visa application but i have my reservation.
Good luck.
Re: Appealing The Refusal Of A British Student Visa: Intricacies by yme5: 12:03pm On Nov 22, 2006
@ Akolawole, thanks for the reply,
Yes i guess that is possible since it is a well known fact that most companys goes on vacation for christmas and New year break world wide, and as well the company has decided even though i just started my work on gainful employment with them, and i want a leave, i will have work extra time for leave they grant to me now, after explaining my conditions of wanting to travel to the UK at this particular point in time.

As to the huge sum of money in my parents account, it was a loan they took and i guess they will submit documents as well to show that it was a loan they took.

I really don't know much as to the appeal thing, or what transpired over that. All i know is that i have lost great interest in going to the UK for my masters as i am trying out my options in Australia. What exactly do you mean as to not all Europe is Europe?

Thank you very much for the time given you have spent to attend to me.
Re: Appealing The Refusal Of A British Student Visa: Intricacies by mrpataki(m): 12:16pm On Nov 22, 2006
@ yme?
Just as my highly learned nairalander(Akolawole) has said, yesterdays application, todays application and even subsequent application are treated as first cousins, even though let me add that every application is treated on its merits and demerits, notwithstanding they are all still interwoven.

Make sure you address all issues raised by the ECO in the refusal letter handed over to you in your previous application(s).If not the ECO is likely to raise some brows over your circumstances.
That was why he (Akolawole) asked you has there been any significant change in your circumstances since the last application, both from your sponsor as well as you in particular?

As well be careful of all these lagos peeps that tell you they know a lot on immigration stuffs.Most are dupes for real.
You could still get more advice from the Immigration experts in the house.
Re: Appealing The Refusal Of A British Student Visa: Intricacies by mrpataki(m): 12:23pm On Nov 22, 2006
@ Akolawole

4) In my own estimation, Local MP(member of parliament) don't have a say on applications across the atlantic ocean. In fact they can't INFLUENCE the ECO. They do help locally though.
A vivid exampleis our own Kanu Nwakwo whose parent's application were refused few years ago. He personally wrote Tony Blair all to no avail.

Sorry sir, i seem to take you up a bit. Your estimation maynot be totally correct sir as i know very well under the Immigration rules that there is what is called the Undertaking by third parties in respect to Visit visa to enter the UK, which states that "application for leave are sometimes supported by undertakings or guarantees from sponsors, Members of Parliament, community leaders, or other persons of good standing in the UK". In respect to the case of our own  dear Kanu Nwankwo, it was after the decision had been taken by the ECO that he wrote to Tony Blair. Most definetely nothing could be done by the Prime Minister to the decision by the ECO as they respect their constitution-rules and would not want a breach of such. But i can stay that if he had written to Tony Blair before his parents went to the Embassy it could possibly have had an influence on the decision of the ECO.

Please where did you get the information on appeal in some UK Visa category are going to the dustbin of history. Could not lay my hands on such information from the UK immigration website.
Re: Appealing The Refusal Of A British Student Visa: Intricacies by maggs: 12:32am On Nov 23, 2006
Hello fellow nairalanders, i need some help here, i need to know where i can get someone to help me travel to the U.K, I've been saving some money, and now i think i have enough to enable me to travel and seek somewhat of greener pastures abroad. I need anyone of if you know of anyone that could help me with some papers, account and all that stuff, i'm willing to pay up to $1000, half before and half after. any help from anyone?
Re: Appealing The Refusal Of A British Student Visa: Intricacies by mrpataki(m): 3:41pm On Nov 23, 2006
@ maggs
maggs:

Hello fellow Nairaland users, i need some help here, i need to know where i can get someone to help me travel to the U.K, I've been saving some money, and now i think i have enough to enable me to travel and seek somewhat of greener pastures abroad. I need anyone of if you know of anyone that could help me with some papers, account and all that stuff, i'm willing to pay up to $1000, half before and half after. any help from anyone?

Really that you have money you want to throw into the UK economy like that, is not advisable for you. Let me tell you this straight there is no amount you may think you have saved for a while that would be pretty impressive to the ECO.
You didnt even state what exactly you want to do in the UK, what kind of visa do you know you can apply for, except you are thinking of staging up fake docs which i can tell you that you will be caught if you try it, thereby you spoil your chances of ever entering the UK again. You are obviously made to believe that UK is the only place of greeneer pastures, what kind of visa do you want to apply for, really it is not even about the money you have that matters, but what exactly is your relevance to the UK at this particular period in time. Quite a lot of questions to ask you.
Wish you the best anyways.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Unn Admission / For The First Time In History,unilorin Produces 89 First Class Graduates In 2017 / Post-utme @ Ospoly Iree

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.